Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,461 members, 7,808,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:46 PM

Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? (43500 Views)

I Can't Ask A Girl Out Because Of My Brown Teeth / Questions To Ask Your Girlfriend Whenever You Are Bored In A Chat / Questions To Ask Your Boyfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by Nobody: 12:29pm On Dec 09, 2011
♍γ̲̣̣̥ bf called me and said he is broke. I felt sorry for him cos I know his sister who he gets money from isn't around and he is still a student. I bought breakfast, lunch and dinner for him that day. I bought him recharge card and gave him some money to go home. Its not like I have so much money but I realise that love is about sharing and helping. He called me again and wanted to ask me for money but he changed his mind and asked me not to bother. Now his sister is back, I was expecting that he would already have money by now but he J̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊t̲̥̅̊ called me again and said he needs money to buy a shoe and he wants me to buy him lunch when he comes to school. Told him ♍γ̲̣̣̥ ATM card was missing. He said he would follow me to the bank. I feel somehow because I have never asked him for money and he has never asked me before that day and I feel like he is taking advantage of the whole thing. I thought a guy was suposed to be shy asking a girl for money.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by pendo89(f): 12:46pm On Dec 09, 2011
Choicegirl:

♍γ̲̣̣̥ bf called me and said he is broke. I felt sorry for him cos I know his sister who he gets money from isn't around and he is still a student. I bought breakfast, lunch and dinner for him that day.
Sounds okay to me.
I bought him recharge card and gave him some money to go home. Its not like I have so much money but I realise that love is about sharing and helping.
aaw lovely and kind hearted girl.
He called me again and wanted to ask me for money but he changed his mind and asked me not to bother.
Am starting to get suspicious now
Now his sister is back, I was expecting that he would already have money by now but he J̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊t̲̥̅̊ called me again and said he needs money to buy[b] a shoe and he wants me to buy him lunch [/b]when he comes to school.
Now this is going overboard. The guy knows very well that you are struggling like him so what the heck with shoe demands?
Is he walking barefoot? How was he surviving b4 you offered to help? Seriously what would happen if he skips lunch? I personaly don't need lunch to survive.Breakfast and dinner can see one through the day. Besides a shoe is not a 'need'.

Told him ♍γ̲̣̣̥ ATM card was missing. He said he would follow me to the bank.
Halo?? such people just cant take no for an answer.They always have other needs to take care of with the money hence the pressure.Bad manners.
I feel somehow because I have never asked him for money and he has never asked me before that day and I feel like he is taking advantage of the whole thing. I thought a guy was supposed to be shy asking a girl for money.
Nothing wrong with begging.But persistent begging is a nuisance and suspicious.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by hollandis(f): 12:54pm On Dec 09, 2011
Why should he ask you for money when you haven't asked.Please don't be a desperate girl.Tell him to repay the money he owes you
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by Nobody: 12:55pm On Dec 09, 2011
I don't want to voice ♍γ̲̣̣̥ suspicions because I know guys feel very bad and inferior when they don't have money and have to depend on their gf or wives.I know if I was the one he won't say no to me but I J̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊t̲̥̅̊ don't want to be the fool and at the same time I don't want to spoil anything in case he actually didn't mean any harm

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by Dyt(f): 1:04pm On Dec 09, 2011
i feel u babe
sm men can tk u 4 granted
hmmm
thinkin of wat u ll do
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by Nobody: 1:05pm On Dec 09, 2011
@OP been over nice to a guy might not really be the best, maybe you proved yourself to be cash money on the day you spent on him, Make him understand that you yourself don't have much even though you do. try and advice him to imbibe a saving culture and discuss business with him. If he his smart he would get the message "Its wrong for him to be collecting money continually from his aunty or GF" He is a guy for goodness sake" Don't be rude in handling this, and don't ever look down on him. Best of luck  wink
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by slimyem: 1:07pm On Dec 09, 2011
nothing wrong with a guy asking his girl for money if he really needs it and the girl has it but from the look of things this guy is magaring you.
you need to be wise in dealing with him.
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by ArQueBusieR(m): 1:11pm On Dec 09, 2011
You gave him an inch, and now, he's looking to take a yard.
Too bad.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by neyostica: 1:14pm On Dec 09, 2011
hollandis:

Why should he ask you for money when you haven't asked.Please don't be a desperate girl.Tell him to repay the money he owes you
Nawa for you o
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Dec 09, 2011
@op Theres nothing wrong in your boyfriend asking you for money. It depends on how close you guys are sha. But if its getting too much, n you dont feel comfortable with it you can let him know. But some guys are gold diggers too. So be careful o. Before he 'ld drain you and leave you hanging.
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Dec 09, 2011
hollandis:

A typical example of a Naija babe who believes that the guy should do everything, F*king Stingy Gold digger angry
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by somegirl1: 1:32pm On Dec 09, 2011
Choicegirl:

I don't want to voice ♍γ̲̣̣̥ suspicions because I know guys feel very bad and inferior when they don't have money and have to depend on their gf or wives.I know if I was the one he won't say no to me but I J̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊t̲̥̅̊ don't want to be the fool and at the same time I don't want to spoil anything in case he actually didn't mean any harm
how can u be so sure if you've never asked him?
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Dec 09, 2011
how can u be so sure if you've never asked him? Cos he did some little little things for me when he wasn't broke even though I didn't ask.
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by slimyem: 1:37pm On Dec 09, 2011
Choicegirl:

he means all the harm in the world grin grin grin
aren't you a student like him??are you working??doesnt he have some savings of his own? sad sad sad sad
you are not responsible for his needs.voice your suspicions now.the earlier he understands that the better!!
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by iice(f): 1:59pm On Dec 09, 2011
If he needs it, it's not a bad thing to give him.
But know where to draw the line.
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by tellwisdom: 2:12pm On Dec 09, 2011
Choce grill, come and give me boobss too undecided undecided #I dont take money undecided
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by 25omega(m): 2:56pm On Dec 09, 2011
see double standard

Poster glad you feel this way because this is how some guys feel when some woman asks for money shoes etc
This dude is obviously a gold digger and trust me you dont have to be a guy to be shy to ask for money. Truth is his sister probably cut him off because he seems lazy and he doesn't seem to want to take any initiative in supporting himself (yea he is s student but students do work). Anyway your relationship your call. you can either tell him you don't have money to give him because you are struggling or go to the bank and get that money for him grin
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by 195(f): 3:02pm On Dec 09, 2011
smart guy

I wish all Nigerian guys would be as smart as he is cool
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by cynthiafred67(f): 3:19pm On Dec 09, 2011
iice:

If he needs it, it's not a bad thing to give him.
But know where to draw the line.

^^^ 100+
@op know where to draw the line. Too much of everything is bad.
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by Nobody: 3:35pm On Dec 09, 2011
Yes! if i'm broke. I'll ask her for money! So what exactly is the point of this question again? If you knew that you were going to complain after giving him, why on God's green earth would you give him in the first place?
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by 195(f): 3:48pm On Dec 09, 2011
^shes only complaining that hes coming back again and again after she helped once

cant you read grin
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Dec 09, 2011
Did she ask me before she gave him the first time? Why did she give him the first time, and then come to say "she thought a guy was supposed to be shy" Shy of what exactly?
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Dec 09, 2011
Ijogz K:

@OP been over nice to a guy might not really be the best, maybe you proved yourself to be cash money on the day you spent on him, Make him understand that you yourself don't have much even though you do. try and advice him to imbibe a saving culture and discuss business with him. If he his smart he would get the message "Its wrong for him to be collecting money continually from his aunty or GF" He is a guy for goodness sake" Don't be rude in handling this, and don't ever look down on him. Best of luck  wink

1million + Brilliant reply
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by sexlog(m): 10:37pm On Dec 09, 2011
@hollandis, U must be very stingy!! What do u want her to collect back from him? Is it d N100 or N50 she's giving him?
@op, if u are sure he loves u as much as u love him, give him money if u have. Though a gentle man doesn't ask a woman money directly.
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by Treasure10: 12:39am On Dec 10, 2011
My ex boyfriend was always asking me for money and ridiculous amounts. He was happy for me to put myself into dept to help him with his problems. I realised that maybe he was more into what i am about, than me as a person. Before i could reach that conclusion i discovered he been sleeping with my mate. Now your man might be genuine but i no longer have respect for guys who beg their girlfriends for money. Yes love is about sharing and deep inside of you, you will know if his sincere.
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by femzy(m): 7:04am On Dec 10, 2011
@OP you are a Choice[/b]girl

BlueBarbie:

But some guys are gold diggers too. So be careful o. Before he 'ld drain you and leave you hanging.

[b]ALL
gals are gold diggers
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by Nobody: 7:10am On Dec 10, 2011
For me i think there nothing bad when a guy asked his girl 4 assistance, You can also read more by visiting by down web
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by mikuz(m): 7:20am On Dec 10, 2011
^^ what is he saying?
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by queensmith: 10:26am On Dec 10, 2011
maga don pay shout hallelujah *hands in the air*

mugu don pay shout hallelujah oooooo

madam madam- u explain what love is about, is it about giving money? Should love not be free? If you didnt give him the money and he starved, by your definition of love will he then stop loving you??

dony worry, its very right keep giving him when he asks, dont hold back ooooo-

he will keep singing; maga don pay shout hallelujah! oooooooo
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by Nobody: 10:59am On Dec 10, 2011
femzy:

@OP you are a Choice[/b]girl

[b]ALL
gals are gold diggers

Not ALL girls are gold diggers. Are your sisters one? Pls dont generalize. Thanks.
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by tivta(m): 11:21am On Dec 10, 2011
Lets turn the table around. Is it right for gals to keep asking men for frivolous things like recharge cards, cinema ticket, brazilian hair, trip to chiness resturants etc? Most naija gals are quick to demand but slow to give. If naija gals want equality they should do unto men what they want men to do to them. I believe in 50/50 if you want my respect but if am giving 60 and you are giving 40 dont expect me to respect you 60 percent cause what i would give would be nothing more than give me. Ladies dont expect to tax men and be respected. @op. What makes me believe he is taking you for granted is because you have never asked him for anything. Explain things to him and see what happens.
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by Goldieluks: 11:24am On Dec 10, 2011
It depends really,nothing stops me from helping my guy out with some cash if
he ask,which rarely happens anyways. But i think your guy is asking too much, be mindful

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Name Do You Call Your Partner When You Are Angry? / Funny Ways Ladies Ask For Credit Online / My Escapades In The North .....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.