Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,399 members, 7,781,154 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:53 AM

Obama Fights Nigerian Anti-man-lover Bill, Threatens To Cut Off Aid - Forbes - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obama Fights Nigerian Anti-man-lover Bill, Threatens To Cut Off Aid - Forbes (7190 Views)

Chude Jideonwo Blasts Senate On Anti-man-lover Law, Why I Am Ashamed To Be A Nigerian / UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law / Uganda/ghana To Miss 80 Million Pounds Over Anti-man-lover Bill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obama Fights Nigerian Anti-man-lover Bill, Threatens To Cut Off Aid - Forbes by Nobody: 12:53am On Dec 10, 2011
U.S President Barack Obama is threatening to cut off foreign aid to Nigeria if a recent anti-man-lover bill is passed, but Nigerians are unwavering.

A couple of weeks ago the Nigerian senate passed a bill that strictly prohibits same-sex romantic liaisons. The consequences are dire and well stated: Erring individuals stand to bag a jail sentence of 10 to 14 years.

The bill has yet to pass through the country’s lower legislative chamber, the House of Representatives. If that happens, Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan can sign it into law.

Expectedly, the bill has raised furor among lady-loving-lady, man-lover, bisexual, and transgender groups (LGBT), human rights organizations and western governments. On Tuesday, Obama issued a memo ordering American diplomats abroad to advance the rights of lady-loving-lady, man-lover, Bisexual, and Transgender Persons. The U.S government also announced that the fight against man-lover and lady-loving-lady discrimination would be a central point of its foreign policy, and transgressing nations like Nigeria could be denied aid.

But the overwhelming majority of Nigerians who support the anti-man-lover bill are adamant. Addressing the Nigerian press on Obama’s threat, Zakari Mohammed, a Nigerian lawmaker said, “We have a culture. We have religious beliefs and we have a tradition. We are black people. We are not white, and so the U.S cannot impose its culture on us. Same sex marriage is alien to our culture and we can never give it a chance. So if [Western nations] withhold their aid to us, to hell with them.”

Many Nigerians have frowned on the United States’ invasion into the country’s lawmaking process, with many arguing that Nigeria as a sovereign nation reserves the right to make its own laws without interferences from external forces.

“No country has the right to interfere in the way we make our own laws because we don’t interfere in the way others make their own laws,” Nigeria’s Senate President David Mark said when passing the bill.

The country’s Minister for Information, Labaran Maku, said that Nigerians reserve the right to make their own laws without apologies to other countries.  “Between Europe, America and Africa there is a huge culture gap. Some of the things that are considered fundamental rights abroad also can be very offensive to African culture and tradition and to the way we live our lives here,” he said during a press conference.

Many Nigerians share the sentiments of the information minister. “If the U.S or any other foreign country wants to strip us of aid because we still hold on tightly to our values, then so be it. We are Africans, not Americans. We do not influence other countries when they are making their laws, so it is ridiculous that they’ll attempt to influence the way we make our own laws. Africans view homosexuality as immoral. It has never been condoned in Africa, and it will certainly not be tolerated here in Nigeria,” says Tosin Omole, a pastor at a church in Lagos.

In most parts of Africa, homosexuality is vehemently frowned upon and perceived as an alien culture.  The Nigerian anti-man-lover bill has so far enjoyed an overwhelming support from the majority of Nigerians, and it is highly likely that it will eventually be signed into law. Whether the U.S government will make good its threat of denying aid to Nigeria in the event that the bill is signed, only time will tell

http://www.forbes.com/sites/mfonobongnsehe/2011/12/09/obama-fights-nigerian-anti-gay-bill-threatens-to-cut-off-aid/
Re: Obama Fights Nigerian Anti-man-lover Bill, Threatens To Cut Off Aid - Forbes by NegroNtns(m): 3:11am On Dec 10, 2011
US claims that hiv/aids is high in Africa due to our sex habits. It is indisputable that homosexuality is a prime channell for transmitting hiv/aids. What this news translates to is that US is using financial aid as a bargainig chip against our health and wellness in Africa.

I tell you, they want to wipe our black a s s e s out of Africa ad inherit it for their children. Crazy mofos playing with our culture and life.

1 Like

Re: Obama Fights Nigerian Anti-man-lover Bill, Threatens To Cut Off Aid - Forbes by GAR3TH(m): 3:50am On Dec 10, 2011
Case #1 Foreign aid is USA's money, not ours, and it is represented as a GIFT!!! The same goes for other countries who give aid, they are not doing it because they have to, they are doing it because they want to. Also what stops our own government from providing the necessary aid? Since when was it the USA responsibility to take care of Nigerians, Like I said, its a gift.

Case #2 Why are you complain about a GIFT. Since foreign aid is a GIFT they have the right to say who gets it or not.

Case #3 Why in the blue hell will the USA and other countries give money to someone that violates what they stand for, Human rights and freedom. The anti-man-lover bill is a crime against humanity and a crime against freedom.

case #4 I think many Nigerians including some of those in power don't know what government is or what government is suppose to do, hence why we have this problem.

Case #5 Nigerian, "when government illegally criminalize others its okay but when the government illegally criminalize me, then you consider it a violation of your human rights". Violation of human rights is a violation of human rights simple. there are no excuses and NOTHING CAN JUSTIFY A VIOLATION OF HUMAN RIGHTS. the main reason why many are for this bill or don't care is because it doesn't affect them.
Re: Obama Fights Nigerian Anti-man-lover Bill, Threatens To Cut Off Aid - Forbes by musiwa43: 4:12am On Dec 10, 2011
I have check the source you posted, it does not work. and I check online. I cant find anywhere, Obama made that statement.

show me prove.
Re: Obama Fights Nigerian Anti-man-lover Bill, Threatens To Cut Off Aid - Forbes by GAR3TH(m): 4:15am On Dec 10, 2011
^^^ edit for some reason the forbes link wont link. Try the google news link below and then click forbes

[url=http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&gl=us&tbm=nws&btnmeta_news_search=1&q=Obama+Fights+Nigerian+Anti-man-lover+Bill%2C+Threatens+To+Cut+Off+Aid&oq=Obama+Fights+Nigerian+Anti-man-lover+Bill%2C+Threatens+To+Cut+Off+Aid&aq=f&aqi=d1d-o1&aql=&gs_sm=s&gs_upl=34648l34648l0l35299l1l1l0l0l0l0l94l94l1l1l0#sclient=psy-ab&hl=en&gl=us&source=hp&q=Obama+Fights+Nigerian+Anti-man-lover+Bill%2C+Threatens+To+Cut+Off+Aid&pbx=1&oq=Obama+Fights+Nigerian+Anti-man-lover+Bill%2C+Threatens+To+Cut+Off+Aid&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=s&gs_upl=0l0l2l1978l0l0l0l0l0l0l0l0ll0l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=9cddc4007ee6b2d5&biw=1366&bih=704]Link[/url]

EDIT. I know what happened. Nairaland's auto correct change the words "Anti-Gäy " to "anti-manlover", which changed the URL link and caused an error.
Re: Obama Fights Nigerian Anti-man-lover Bill, Threatens To Cut Off Aid - Forbes by Nobody: 4:18am On Dec 10, 2011
human right is man + woman.
Human wrong is man + man.
Now u can marry a hen in the USA where's the moral and biological correctness in that, folks better know there's life after death o!

2 Likes

Re: Obama Fights Nigerian Anti-man-lover Bill, Threatens To Cut Off Aid - Forbes by GAR3TH(m): 4:35am On Dec 10, 2011
lari03:

human right is man + woman.
Human wrong is man + man.
Now u can marry a hen in the USA where's the moral and biological correctness in that, folks better know there's life after death o!

You can gang räpe college girls in a dorm in nigeria because our biological correctness is that. Those that make sense? since when does the activities of a few dictate the moral values of a society.

To be frank your just talking based on your religious views and not based on your ability to critically think or comprehend what is right for everyone. Like I said before, your a prime example of case # 5.
Re: Obama Fights Nigerian Anti-man-lover Bill, Threatens To Cut Off Aid - Forbes by emofine(f): 5:37am On Dec 10, 2011
So any law Nigeria passes that is not pleasing to the US shall court this threat too abi?

It also makes me deeply ponder about their objective here. USA will never threaten the likes of Saudi Arabia, China etc regarding such issue but Nigeria should bow? Which kind yoke be this?

Little by little this is how take over starts. I personally believe they're just using the political caption "human right" as a cover.

Granted certain issues will always spark international controversy or debate but laws governing Nigeria will not always mirror laws in the west and vice versa.

One of the most telling parts of this article is the projection of Nigeria as an AID dependant incapable of surviving without their free "gift". In other words putting a gun to Nigeria's head in order for the country to conform - where's the "charity" in that? If anything this highlights the real intention behind "AID" - the trojan horse used to direct another nation's politics. AIDS is a "gift"? when stipulations are attached? No, AIDS is serious business.

I do not support the marginalisation or criminalising of homosexuals but I will not entertain the idea of the US or her cohorts policing another nation's internal laws. I don't even believe the cause for international interference is the sole issue of "human rights". Claiming Nigeria is backward but some people must still think we're living in year 1959.

1 Like

Re: Obama Fights Nigerian Anti-man-lover Bill, Threatens To Cut Off Aid - Forbes by musiwa43: 6:10am On Dec 10, 2011
the other link you show me, as nothing saying obama said so too. I check whitehouse press release, there is nothing on that website that say so. I need to see prove. I google and cant find anything like that too. are you not telling lies.
Re: Obama Fights Nigerian Anti-man-lover Bill, Threatens To Cut Off Aid - Forbes by GAR3TH(m): 6:30am On Dec 10, 2011
Re: Obama Fights Nigerian Anti-man-lover Bill, Threatens To Cut Off Aid - Forbes by cashmentor(m): 6:54am On Dec 10, 2011
No wonder they call him the Anti-Christ, Obama, the Beast with 7 Head,
Re: Obama Fights Nigerian Anti-man-lover Bill, Threatens To Cut Off Aid - Forbes by Ejine(m): 8:23am On Dec 10, 2011
Nigeria reserves the right to make whatever law she wants, no matter how weird it may be.
But at the same time, America also reserves the right to withdraw her aids and completely snub any country that goes against her fundamental ideology. 1-1.
Re: Obama Fights Nigerian Anti-man-lover Bill, Threatens To Cut Off Aid - Forbes by Afam4eva(m): 8:32am On Dec 10, 2011
Don't we have the right to make our own laws without receiving threats from this people? Nigeria is a sovereign nation and won't be a subject to external interference. They should keep their aid and we'll keep our oil. Cheveron, Shell and other multinational companies in Nigeria should take note.
Re: Obama Fights Nigerian Anti-man-lover Bill, Threatens To Cut Off Aid - Forbes by PointB: 8:39am On Dec 10, 2011
How much is the US aids worth? We can have an Anti-Gay levy/tax to raise the sum.
Re: Obama Fights Nigerian Anti-man-lover Bill, Threatens To Cut Off Aid - Forbes by Ejine(m): 8:45am On Dec 10, 2011
As far as conspiracy theories go, though, I wonder if this would also help in the actualization of Nigeria's predicted dissociation come 2015. With Britain withdrawing their aid, it makes one wonder if the overrated Nigerian Army would be able to contain another civil war, since it is well documented that their 1970 victory (after a 3 year battle against a side who used locally made weapons during battle) was chiefly as a result of food blockade and weapon supplies from Britain and the (now disbanded) Soviet Union.
Re: Obama Fights Nigerian Anti-man-lover Bill, Threatens To Cut Off Aid - Forbes by chloride6: 12:37pm On Dec 10, 2011
i doubt the authenticity of this report.
Re: Obama Fights Nigerian Anti-man-lover Bill, Threatens To Cut Off Aid - Forbes by chloride6: 1:28pm On Dec 10, 2011
eewo it is really true ooh.chai is this obama way of telling republicans that he is tough.
Re: Obama Fights Nigerian Anti-man-lover Bill, Threatens To Cut Off Aid - Forbes by Nobody: 2:19pm On Dec 10, 2011
Dont comment much on nairaland but just want to state how much i agree with the comments and analysis of my brother GAR3TH. the passage of this bill is both a violation of human rights as a government has no business controlling its peoples sexual orientation and preferences and especially ridiculous in Nigerias case as bills like this are the least of our problems and priorities. the Americans have every rights to withdraw THEIR aid as it is not something we are entitled to and are not in anyway trying to control our policy making as most people here have stated, they are simply saying 'we dont like this bill and its passage will jeopardise your countries relation with ours' that is not in any way trying to control our policies. although i do agree it is blackmail and could be the begining of diplomatic problems between Nigeria and the west. note:if this happens nigeria eventually would be the country to give in eventually as the sad reality for nigeria today is WE NEED THEM MORE THAN THEY NEED US!
Re: Obama Fights Nigerian Anti-man-lover Bill, Threatens To Cut Off Aid - Forbes by Nobody: 2:26pm On Dec 10, 2011
U.S. to Aid Gay Rights Abroad, Obama and Clinton Say

Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton spoke about the United States' support for gay rights at meeting in Geneva on Tuesday.

GENEVA — The Obama administration announced on Tuesday that the United States would use all the tools of American diplomacy, including the potent enticement of foreign aid, to promote gay rights around the world.

In a memorandum issued by President Obama in Washington and in a speech by Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton here, the administration vowed to actively combat efforts by other nations that criminalize homosexual conduct, abuse gay men, lesbians, bisexuals or transgendered people, or ignore abuse against them.

“Some have suggested that gay rights and human rights are separate and distinct,” Mrs. Clinton said at the United Nations Human Rights Council in Geneva, “but in fact they are one and the same.”

Neither Mr. Obama nor Mrs. Clinton specified how to give the initiative teeth. Caitlin Hayden, the National Security Council’s deputy spokeswoman, said the administration was “not cutting or tying” foreign aid to changes in other nation’s practices.

Still, raising the issue to such prominence on the administration’s foreign policy agenda is important, symbolically, much like President Jimmy Carter’s emphasis on human rights.

With campaigning already under way in the 2012 presidential contest, Mr. Obama’s announcement could bolster support among gay voters and donors, who have questioned the depth of his commitment. He chose the Rev. Rick Warren, a pastor who opposes same-sex marriage, to deliver the invocation at his inauguration. Mr. Obama himself has not come out officially in favor of same-sex marriage. But he successfully pushed for repeal of the “don’t ask, don’t tell” policy that prevented gays from serving openly in the military. And the Justice Department has said it will no longer defend in court the Defense of Marriage Act, which defines marriage as between a man and a woman.

The initiative also invites attacks from Republicans trying to appeal to a conservative base in the primary and caucus states.

One Republican candidate, Gov. Rick Perry of Texas, said: “President Obama has again mistaken America’s tolerance for different lifestyles with an endorsement of those lifestyles. I will not make that mistake.”

It could also irritate some American allies, including countries like Turkey, where there have been reports of harassment, and Saudi Arabia, where homosexuality is banned and sex between people of the same sex is punishable by death or flogging.

Mrs. Clinton anticipated the sensitivity of the issue for some more conservative countries, saying that “the obstacles standing in the way of protecting the human rights” of lesbians, gay men, bisexuals and transgendered people “rest on deeply held personal, political, cultural and religious beliefs.”

She argued that gay rights transcended national, political and even culture boundaries, casting them as universal rights like those adopted by 48 nations in the aftermath of World War II in what was called the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

Mrs. Clinton’s aides so worried about the reaction of some countries at the Human Rights Council that they did not advertise the theme of her remarks before she delivered them. In the end, no representatives from the council’s 47 member nations walked out, and the audience gave her a standing ovation.

The administration’s announcement formalizes several steps that Mrs. Clinton has already ordered. She has asked American diplomats to raise the issue wherever harassment or abuse arises and required a record of them in the State Department’s annual report on human rights. On Tuesday, she also announced a $3 million program to finance gay-rights organizations to combat discrimination, violence and other abuses.

A senior administration official said that the money could be used, for example, to finance a lawyers’ group that is defending gays or to pay for the training of journalists who cover the persecution of gays. It could also provide relocation aid to refugees fleeing violence or persecution.

“I am deeply concerned by the violence and discrimination targeting L.G.B.T. persons around the world,” Mr. Obama said in the memorandum, referring to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people, “whether it is passing laws that criminalize L.G.B.T. status, beating citizens simply for joining peaceful L.G.B.T. pride celebrations, or killing men, women and children for their perceived sexual orientation.”

He said in the memorandum that the State Department would lead other federal agencies to help ensure that the government provided a “swift and meaningful response to serious incidents that threaten the human rights” of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people abroad.

The administration’s directive, months in the planning, came after a series of legal steps taken against gay men and lesbians in countries like Uganda, where the Parliament reopened debate on legislation that would outlaw homosexuality and possibly make it punishable by death.

The State Department’s latest human rights report, released in April, catalogued cases in dozens of countries.

In Afghanistan, where the United States overthrew the Taliban in 2001 and installed a nominally democratic government, the law “criminalizes homosexual activity.” In Pakistan, too, it is a crime, though rarely prosecuted, the report said.

Homosexuality is accepted in most of Europe, and an increasing number of countries have taken steps to end legal prohibitions. In China, the government decriminalized homosexuality in 1997 and removed it from an official list of psychological disorders in 2001. Mrs. Clinton credited South Africa, Colombia, Argentina, Nepal and Mongolia for taking steps to liberalize their laws.

She also noted that, until 2003, sodomy was a crime in parts of the United States and that lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgendered people Americans “have endured violence and harassment in their lives.”

As was the case with the initial declaration on human rights, which did not immediately abolish racist laws or social and political barriers for women or religious minorities, she said, the notion of human rights has gradually expanded to include all people. She dismissed the assertion of some that homosexuality is “a Western phenomenon.”

“In reality, gay people are born into — and belong to — every society in the world,” she said.

In countries “where people are jailed, beaten or executed for being gay,” she called on leaders to leap ahead of their constituents cultural or social mores, if necessary. “I’m not saying that gay people can’t or don’t commit crimes,” she said. “They can and do, just like straight people. And when they do, they should be held accountable. But it should never be a crime to be gay.”

Steven Lee Myers reported from Geneva, and Helene Cooper from Washington.
Re: Obama Fights Nigerian Anti-man-lover Bill, Threatens To Cut Off Aid - Forbes by Relax101(m): 3:55pm On Dec 10, 2011
Please the US senate and the UK parliament should should approve polygamy.
They are against my fundamental human right an african living the US.
My human right is to many marry many women as I want.

This cracked me. It was written by a Nigerian on one the blogs.
Re: Obama Fights Nigerian Anti-man-lover Bill, Threatens To Cut Off Aid - Forbes by Arosa(m): 9:19pm On Dec 10, 2011
The western world should take away their aids from Africa, we don't need it. Who needs Aids anyway? angry angry angry
Re: Obama Fights Nigerian Anti-man-lover Bill, Threatens To Cut Off Aid - Forbes by Kobojunkie: 9:27pm On Dec 10, 2011
emofine:

So any law Nigeria passes that is not pleasing to the US shall court this threat too abi?

It also makes me deeply ponder about their objective here. USA will never threaten the likes of Saudi Arabia, China etc regarding such issue but Nigeria should bow? Which kind yoke be this?

Don't hurt your brain. The objective of the threat was made clear in the speech given on this some days ago. The US chooses to view this attack on Ga_Y citizens in much the same way it views discrimination against any other minority group. It is their money and they have simply chosen to use their money for better thinsg than to support a people who feel g_a_y people in their society do not deserve the right to freedom of choice and existence.

I am anti-man-lover marriage myself but I am definitely not homophobic.  grin grin grin grin

Arosa:

The western world should take away their aids from Africa, we don't need it. Who needs Aids anyway? angry angry angry

Tell that to the Millions of Africans whose lives depend on the Aid that continues to come mainly from the US even to this year. Go tell them that their main source of livelihood should be cut off because you have a hard-on for America.
Re: Obama Fights Nigerian Anti-man-lover Bill, Threatens To Cut Off Aid - Forbes by GAR3TH(m): 9:36pm On Dec 10, 2011
Relax101:

Please the US senate and the UK parliament should should approve polygamy.
They are against my fundamental human right an african living the US.
My human right is to many marry many women as I want.

This cracked me. It was written by a Nigerian on one the blogs.

The practice of Polygamy is "legal" in the united states but the USA just wont recognize you as married to multiply wives, the same way that the practice of homosexuality is legal in the USA but in some states they cant get married. What polygamist would do is marry one wife and the others will be known as your "girlfriends/partners", since by law you can only marry one wife in the USA. So i'm not sure were you and many nigerians on this forum are getting the idea that polygamy is banned in the USA. Once again the practice of polygamy is legal but polygamous marriages are banned.

I probably have the biggest case homophobia on the Internet but even I can tell the difference between right and wrong
Re: Obama Fights Nigerian Anti-man-lover Bill, Threatens To Cut Off Aid - Forbes by Arosa(m): 9:44pm On Dec 10, 2011
Tell that to the Millions of Africans whose lives depend on the Aid that continues to come mainly from the US even to this year. Go tell them that their main source of livelihood should be cut off because you have a hard-on for America.
I don't need to tell them nothing, But you and I know that Africa is better off without aids
Re: Obama Fights Nigerian Anti-man-lover Bill, Threatens To Cut Off Aid - Forbes by Kobojunkie: 9:52pm On Dec 10, 2011
Arosa:

I don't need to tell them nothing, But you and I know that Africa is better off without aids

You mean the continent is better off without AIDs that continue to prop up most of their economies and the vast majority of the people I am not sure I follow you on this. Are you suggesting the AIDs will have to be removed for Africans to wake up? Or are you blaming the AID for the choice Africa's continue to make to remain in the state they do?
Re: Obama Fights Nigerian Anti-man-lover Bill, Threatens To Cut Off Aid - Forbes by Arosa(m): 9:56pm On Dec 10, 2011
^^^Aha! now you get my joke,  grin grin grin grin grin
But I meant it both ways.
Re: Obama Fights Nigerian Anti-man-lover Bill, Threatens To Cut Off Aid - Forbes by Kobojunkie: 10:00pm On Dec 10, 2011
Did you ever watch LIVE AID 1985? Do you remember those horrible pictures of starvation in places like Ethiopia? Did you ever see the faces of hunger in Somalia? I don't think I would consider us having that on a mass scale, a joke, more like a nightmare. I mean one would have to completely disconnect to keep those pictures out, if Africa where unplugged in that way.

Well, I know a lot of people like to pretend Aid is to blame for it all but if we consider the consequence of removing that Aid  . . .  we would understand how it would be like pulling the rug from under all of Africa. I don't think I want us to recreate that sort of suffering on a mass scale .  . at least not now please.
Re: Obama Fights Nigerian Anti-man-lover Bill, Threatens To Cut Off Aid - Forbes by seanet02: 10:02pm On Dec 10, 2011
Which aids? Its not making any impact on the lives of ordinary Africans, so f.uck western world and their aids
Re: Obama Fights Nigerian Anti-man-lover Bill, Threatens To Cut Off Aid - Forbes by Arosa(m): 10:08pm On Dec 10, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Did you ever watch LIVE AID 1985? Do you remember those horrible pictures of starvation in places like Ethiopia? Did you ever see the faces of hunger in Somalia? I don't think I would consider us having that on a mass scale, a joke, more like a nightmare. I mean one would have to completely disconnect to keep those pictures out, if Africa where unplugged in that way.

Well, I know a lot of people like to pretend Aid is to blame for it all but if we consider the consequence of removing that Aid  . . .  we would understand how it would be like pulling the rug from under all of Africa. I don't think I want us to recreate that sort of suffering on a mass scale .  . at least not now please.

A country that is dependent on aid is liken to a junkie who need its fix on a regular basis. that can't be good. undecided
Re: Obama Fights Nigerian Anti-man-lover Bill, Threatens To Cut Off Aid - Forbes by kasiem(m): 10:14pm On Dec 10, 2011
GAR3TH:

The practice of Polygamy is "legal" in the united states but the USA just wont recognize you as married to multiply wives, the same way that the practice of homosexuality is legal in the USA but in some states they cant get married. What polygamist would do is marry one wife and the others will be known as your "girlfriends/partners", since by law you can only marry one wife in the USA. So i'm not sure were you and many nigerians on this forum are getting the idea that polygamy is banned in the USA. Once again the practice of polygamy is legal but polygamous marriages are banned.

I probably have the biggest case homophobia on the Internet but even I can tell the difference between right and wrong

the law of bigamy contradicts this claim of legalizing polygamy in USA. The west should go to deepest part of hell with their hypocritic aids.
Re: Obama Fights Nigerian Anti-man-lover Bill, Threatens To Cut Off Aid - Forbes by Kobojunkie: 10:28pm On Dec 10, 2011
Arosa:

A country that is dependent on aid is liken to a junkie who need its fix on a regular basis. that can't be good. undecided

Ok . . but if you are going to help that junkie, you better be ready for the consequences of taking him off his fix. . . cause it ain't gonna be a pretty process. Is any part of Africa ready for that From I see HECK NOOOO
Re: Obama Fights Nigerian Anti-man-lover Bill, Threatens To Cut Off Aid - Forbes by Arosa(m): 10:36pm On Dec 10, 2011
Africa will survive it, and be better afterwards.

(1) (2) (Reply)

CJN, Musdapher Nominates Female Successor, Gives Quit Notice / LP: Account For Funds From Abroad, Suspended Treasurer, Opara Tells Abure / Results In Southwest Favours Buhari, Jonathan Only Won Ekiti State.(RESULTS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.