Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,243 members, 7,807,821 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:55 PM

Igbo In Jos Declare Seven-day Mourning For Ojukwu! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo In Jos Declare Seven-day Mourning For Ojukwu! (5547 Views)

Abubakar Audu To Be Buried Monday As Wada Declares 7-day Mourning / Jonathan Declares 3-Days Of National-Mourning For Mandela / Jonathan Declares Three Days National Mourning For Plane Crash Victims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo In Jos Declare Seven-day Mourning For Ojukwu! by Chyz2: 5:01am On Dec 10, 2011
[size=15pt]Igbo in Jos declare seven-day mourning for Ojukwu[/size]

By Kolade Adeyemi, Kano 4 hours ago

The Igbo in Jos have declared a seven-day mourning for the late Ikemba Nnewi, Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu.
They have also opened a condolence register at the Eze Igbo Palace for sympathisers.

In a statement by the community, the Eze Igbo Jos, Prof Joseph Obilom, said: “All Igbo in Jos are to fast and pray for the repose of Ojukwu’s soul, starting from Monday.”

Prof. Obilom described Ojukwu as the father of the new concept of Nigeria because he fought for equality and fairness among the country’s entities.

The Eze Igbo asked all Igbo to come to his palace and sign the condolence register in honour of Ojukwu who, according to him, epitomized Nigeria’s unity.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/29263-igbo-in-jos-declare-seven-day-mourning-for-ojukwu.html
Re: Igbo In Jos Declare Seven-day Mourning For Ojukwu! by Onlytruth(m): 5:14am On Dec 10, 2011
Chyz*:

[size=15pt]Igbo in Jos declare seven-day mourning for Ojukwu[/size]

By Kolade Adeyemi, Kano 4 hours ago

The Igbo in Jos have declared a seven-day mourning for the late Ikemba Nnewi, Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu.
They have also opened a condolence register at the Eze Igbo Palace for sympathisers.

In a statement by the community, the Eze Igbo Jos, Prof Joseph Obilom, said: “All Igbo in Jos are to fast and pray for the repose of Ojukwu’s soul, starting from Monday.”

Prof. Obilom described Ojukwu as the father of the new concept of Nigeria because he fought for equality and fairness among the country’s entities.

The Eze Igbo asked all Igbo to come to his palace and sign the condolence register in honour of Ojukwu who, according to him, epitomized Nigeria’s unity.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/29263-igbo-in-jos-declare-seven-day-mourning-for-ojukwu.html

Good, but they should think about HOME more, unless they show me a plan to defend themselves in Jos with ARMS in the future.
Mourning without plans is no plans.
Re: Igbo In Jos Declare Seven-day Mourning For Ojukwu! by Nobody: 5:18am On Dec 10, 2011
^^^ mehn you right!

Im smelling war angry

this time around its new world though
Re: Igbo In Jos Declare Seven-day Mourning For Ojukwu! by NRIPRIEST(m): 11:46am On Dec 10, 2011
Good gesture but just like ONLYTRUTH pointed out;they need to arm themselves to the teeth, MAKA NA ONYE NDI ILO GBALU OKILI-KILI NA ECHE NDU YA NCHE!!
Re: Igbo In Jos Declare Seven-day Mourning For Ojukwu! by Onlytruth(m): 11:51am On Dec 10, 2011
NRI PRIEST:

Good gesture but just like ONLYTRUTH pointed out;they need to arm themselves to the teeth, MAKA NA ONYE NDI ILO GBALU OKILI-KILI NA ECHE NDU YA NCHE!!

Kpom kwem the great High Priest of Nri (nwa idemili). Ana m ekene!  cool
Ndi umunne anyi a adiro anu ife ncha ncha! Mana anyi aga eme gini O na ewute m rinne nwanne m!  cry cry cry
Re: Igbo In Jos Declare Seven-day Mourning For Ojukwu! by Onlytruth(m): 11:59am On Dec 10, 2011
@NRI PRIEST

Okuko siri umu ya ha nuru mmiri ha na ene anya n'enu maka na ife n'egbu egbu na esi na enu!

Okwa (the patridge) siri umu ya ha turu ji ha turu mgborogwu maka ubochi onye nwe ji ya egwuru ji, ka ha ribe mgborogwu!

Umuigbo should never lose sight of the true state of things in Nigeria.
Re: Igbo In Jos Declare Seven-day Mourning For Ojukwu! by success4(m): 12:01pm On Dec 10, 2011
FOOLISHNESS OF THE HIGHEST ORDER lipsrsealed
Re: Igbo In Jos Declare Seven-day Mourning For Ojukwu! by aljharem3: 12:03pm On Dec 10, 2011
sheepism

Did Ojukwu mourn for those he killed in the war or even pay respect to them by not contesting in Nigeria ? lipsrsealed
Re: Igbo In Jos Declare Seven-day Mourning For Ojukwu! by WilyWily4: 12:09pm On Dec 10, 2011
Even Yorubas Elders collected Bribe from Hausa/Fulani instead of Mourning Abiola
Re: Igbo In Jos Declare Seven-day Mourning For Ojukwu! by CHUKANWEZ: 12:25pm On Dec 10, 2011
Respect for Igbo hero!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
REST IN PEACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111HERO
Re: Igbo In Jos Declare Seven-day Mourning For Ojukwu! by dontuwi(m): 12:36pm On Dec 10, 2011
Rest in peace ikemba of nnewi. angry
Re: Igbo In Jos Declare Seven-day Mourning For Ojukwu! by aljharem3: 12:38pm On Dec 10, 2011
dontuwi:

Rest in peace ikemba of nnewi. angry

i though he was ikemba of ala igbo

btw, why are you angry ?
Re: Igbo In Jos Declare Seven-day Mourning For Ojukwu! by Ejine(m): 12:48pm On Dec 10, 2011
R.I.P. Ikemba.
Much respect.
Re: Igbo In Jos Declare Seven-day Mourning For Ojukwu! by Ndkings1(m): 1:52pm On Dec 10, 2011
Nwa eze adigi efu na mba.

But i think is of no significance
Re: Igbo In Jos Declare Seven-day Mourning For Ojukwu! by hbrednic: 1:58pm On Dec 10, 2011
our people should simply come back home,
leave hausaland for musa and adamu.
ijiji nti siri na eso ozu ala.
Re: Igbo In Jos Declare Seven-day Mourning For Ojukwu! by member479760: 2:00pm On Dec 10, 2011
Na money go finish the yorubas, they sold Abiola for money. who cares?
Re: Igbo In Jos Declare Seven-day Mourning For Ojukwu! by NRIPRIEST(m): 2:09pm On Dec 10, 2011
Onlytruth:

@NRI PRIEST

Okuko siri umu ya ha nuru mmiri ha na ene anya n'enu maka na ife n'egbu egbu na esi na enu!

Okwa (the patridge) siri umu ya ha turu ji ha turu mgborogwu maka ubochi onye nwe ji ya egwuru ji, ka ha ribe mgborogwu!

Umuigbo should never lose sight of the true state of things in Nigeria.

Onlytruth(EZEIGBO), I PAY MY HOMAGE TO THEE IN ADVANCE!!
Igbo sili na onye na anaghi ekwe ekwe na ekwe na ute ekwelle.
Anyi ga akpachapu anya ka ife afu belu mbu ghalu ibe ozo.
Igbo sili na ana ala nwanyi di ime ona atughali ka oga esi dili ya mma.
Nwa Idenmili kenelu yi.
Re: Igbo In Jos Declare Seven-day Mourning For Ojukwu! by Nobody: 2:46pm On Dec 10, 2011
success4:

FOOLISHNESS OF THE HIGHEST ORDER lipsrsealed
tell them abeg
Re: Igbo In Jos Declare Seven-day Mourning For Ojukwu! by Okijajuju1(m): 3:04pm On Dec 10, 2011
Onlytruth!

You just asked ndi igbo bi na jos to show you plans of them bearing arms to defend themselves, do you know that its an offence to have arms?! Do you know that if they get caught with that arm they would be going to prison?! And you do realize that as an e-leader, you are supposed to be a voice of reason in the midst of sentiment driven anarchy.

How about you simply ask them to leave the volatile north, count their losses and move to other territories that have lesser tendency to explode. Ndi igbo in the pursuit of money will wander into perilous places and sit tight. My cousin (an igbo girl) left the university of jos after 3years and went elsewhere to restart. Bearing arms should be the very last option.

As a leader that you'll become, you need to start thinking about your utterances carefully. You just encouraged umu igbo to commit a crime and I will not be a party to it.

Just saying!!   grin

@ Topic:

Let them mourn their dead. . . In my opinion, its much ado about nothing.
Re: Igbo In Jos Declare Seven-day Mourning For Ojukwu! by HighChief4(m): 3:32pm On Dec 10, 2011
May his fearless soul Rest in the bossom of the Lord. Amen

alj_harem:

btw, why are you angry ?

Can you guys just give us some space, at least this period that we are mourning. Thank you
Re: Igbo In Jos Declare Seven-day Mourning For Ojukwu! by kasiem(m): 3:40pm On Dec 10, 2011
alj_harem:

btw, why are you angry ?
i swear that u can never attain the height of ikemba in life, not in even in next generation. So, go hide this ur useless life in one cave up north. Why did run away from that thread the other day, i thought u were all-knowing? Ur leprotic father is about dying in hands of boko haram, u are here seeking for attention with igbo hate. Aturu
Re: Igbo In Jos Declare Seven-day Mourning For Ojukwu! by aljharem3: 3:48pm On Dec 10, 2011
kasiem:

i swear that u can never attain the height of ikemba in life, not in even in next generation. So, go hide this your useless life in one cave up north. Why did run away from that thread the other day, i thought u were all-knowing? your leprotic father is about dying in hands of boko haram, u are here seeking for attention with igbo hate. Aturu

You must be an absolute mumu

If greatness means killing 3 million of my people and running away and yet later joining the corrupt system, then I rather remain the way I am than be "that great"

Ojukwu has not apoligise to me and my family in the war, you want me to consider him great

What happens to my grand mothers brother ?

They died so ojukwu can spend millions ?

abeg if u no want me to finsih this STU.PID THREAD for you, just leave me alone
Re: Igbo In Jos Declare Seven-day Mourning For Ojukwu! by success4(m): 3:55pm On Dec 10, 2011
alj_harem:

If greatness means killing 3 million of my people and running away and yet later joining the corrupt system, then I rather remain the way I am than be "that great"

Ojukwu has not apoligise to me and my family in the war, you want me to consider him great

GBAM!

High_Chief:

May his fearless soul Rest in the bossom of the Lord. Amen

Can you guys just give us some space, at least this period that we are mourning. Thank you

Which yeye mourning on internet? LWKMD grin grin grin grin
Re: Igbo In Jos Declare Seven-day Mourning For Ojukwu! by aljharem3: 3:57pm On Dec 10, 2011
success4:

GBAM!

Which yeye mourning on internet? LWKMD grin grin grin grin

can you imagine !

Wait till others come and start with there truck load of insults without thinking.
Re: Igbo In Jos Declare Seven-day Mourning For Ojukwu! by NRIPRIEST(m): 3:58pm On Dec 10, 2011
Okija_juju:

Onlytruth!

You just asked ndi igbo bi na jos to show you plans of them bearing arms to defend themselves, do you know that its an offence to have arms?! Do you know that if they get caught with that arm they would be going to prison?! And you do realize that as an e-leader, you are supposed to be a voice of reason in the midst of sentiment driven anarchy.

How about you simply ask them to leave the volatile north, count their  losses  and move to other territories that have lesser tendency to explode. Ndi igbo in the pursuit of money will wander into perilous places and sit tight. My cousin (an igbo girl) left the university of jos after 3years and went elsewhere to restart. Bearing arms should be the very last option.

As a leader that you'll become, you need to start thinking about your utterances carefully. You just encouraged umu igbo to commit a crime and I will not be a party to it.

Just saying!!   grin

@ Topic:

Let them mourn their dead. . . In my opinion, its much ado about nothing.

Okija, have you been smoking that shiit ? I honestly think you havent been to plateau to see the staggering investment our people laid there; houses,businesses, empty land, transport businesses and lots more. And its not like these Igbos are having problems with the indigines of Jos but its just the Hausa/fulani ppl problems that spills over sometimes.
OBINNA NSOFOR, MIKEL OBI, OKOYE BROTHERS(P-SQUARE),SAINT OBI AND MY HUMBLE SELF WERE IGBOS THAT WERE BORN AND BREAD IN JOS AND WE ALL SURVIVED.  Jos ppl love and respect Igbos very much.
So,for you to expect these ppl to up and move just like that is very stupid of you. After we have spilled blood  for the same reason you want them to leave!! Do you think we are FOOLS?
We never wanted to be part of this country but they joined hands together to butcher and massacre our ppl,took our properties, our money in the bank, our respect as ppl who spear headed the struggle for independence,our place in government,deprived us of infrastructure and security. We didnt complain but picked ourselves up and the almighty God of our ancestors blessed us again and you these same ppl to abandon their hard earned money and run !! And after that they will declare it "ABANDONED PROPERTY" and the lazy and weak will take our wealth!!
Okija, I bu ezi offia!!
Re: Igbo In Jos Declare Seven-day Mourning For Ojukwu! by NRIPRIEST(m): 4:06pm On Dec 10, 2011
Please my fellow Igbos I beg you to ignore that LATRIN SNIFFING alh harem!!
Re: Igbo In Jos Declare Seven-day Mourning For Ojukwu! by aljharem3: 4:09pm On Dec 10, 2011
NRI PRIEST:

Please my fellow Igbos I beg you to ignore that LATRIN SNIFFING alh harem!!

ignore the uncomfortable truth ?
Re: Igbo In Jos Declare Seven-day Mourning For Ojukwu! by kasiem(m): 4:16pm On Dec 10, 2011
alj_harem:

i was never trying to educate a cow, who just escaped the ruthless plight of almajiri, on what greatness is all about. In ur eyes greatness would've been the festive massacre of igbos up north, without any form of challenge from anyone who cares to question. Never u think of leaving that ur pathetic condition, cos it's aint gonna happen. U and all the northerners will keep being an embodiment of miserable leaving, until the day ur mohammed will apologise to the world for ra_ping a toddler during paedophilia rampage. How many soul did usman danfodio and ur useless allah waste during their jihadist conquest, yet u still worship him as a hero? Aturu, bend down and think of ways of saving ur land from heavy bombs of boko haram.
Re: Igbo In Jos Declare Seven-day Mourning For Ojukwu! by NRIPRIEST(m): 4:19pm On Dec 10, 2011
alj_harem:

ignore the uncomfortable truth ?

I mustn't speak to you !!! You are a  very poisnous snake!!
Please leave the Igbos alone. Havent you and your almajiri brothers killed enough? I know you hate Igbos already and thats why I dont understand why my brothers here bother replying you. You should be worried about boko harem or how to save lagos from disapppering into the hands of strangers(Igbos).
Re: Igbo In Jos Declare Seven-day Mourning For Ojukwu! by aljharem3: 4:20pm On Dec 10, 2011
kasiem:

i was never trying to educate a cow, who just escaped the ruthless plight of almajiri, on what greatness is all about. In your eyes greatness would've been the festive massacre of igbos up north, without any form of challenge from anyone who cares to question. Never u think of leaving that your pathetic condition, cos it's aint gonna happen. U and all the northerners will keep being an embodiment of miserable leaving, until the day your mohammed will apologise to the world for ra_ping a toddler during paedophilia rampage. How many soul did usman danfodio and your useless allah waste during their jihadist conquest, yet u still worship him as a hero? Aturu, bend down and think of ways of saving your land from heavy bombs of boko haram.

Look, No northerner dead or alive would tell you that what happens in the north is a massacre. rather it is riots and unfortunately, Igbos are very attached to there people. No northerner is proud of such

Be screaming Jahidist conquest. As far as I am concerned Nigeria is and has always been more Muslim than Christians. If you know like am go hang

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Stephen Davis Speaks Again,says the Opposition Party Sponsors Boko Haram / New Year Message: Don’t Despair, God Is Still In Charge – Dogara Tells Nigerians / 2nd Niger Bridge: See The Upclose Images Of The Ongoing Construction + Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.