Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,408 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:34 AM

Wizkid's Pakurumo Video With Funke Akindele: Thoughts? - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Wizkid's Pakurumo Video With Funke Akindele: Thoughts? (29644 Views)

Ew! Video : Wizkid- Pakurumo (available For Mobile Download ) / Photos + Video;on The Set Of Wizkid's Pakurumo Video / Wizkid Stole Pakurumo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wizkid's Pakurumo Video With Funke Akindele: Thoughts? by mekussays: 3:33am On Dec 13, 2011
MyloXyloto:

Abeg, this video is just average. If I didn't already know and like this song, this video would have ensured that I'd never like the song.

In my opinion, the video didn't do justice to this beautiful song. In an attempt to be different, it became silly.

am really sorry about your opinion because am sure u dont have any idea what it takes to shoot a video. What else do you want?

Cori_corde:

typical nigerians; using foolish gimmicks. Must a celeb be in your video just because u want it to be popular?? funke gaan sef went to pack all the naija 'celebrities' inside her movie just so it'll sell by force.
you are calling this foolish gimmick? why can you not just appreciate the work of these artists. They are trying to lift our entertainment industry and u just sit in ur house to talk pass ur mouth. How many actors have u seen in musical videos in yankee videos that u adore with all your life? Please productive criticisms only.

Abeg eee the video is on point, the whole idea was on point. Whiz kid salute.

Nigerians are just naturally jealous and envious people no matter what you do they cant be pleased. Kudos to EME
Re: Wizkid's Pakurumo Video With Funke Akindele: Thoughts? by ektbear: 3:42am On Dec 13, 2011
Jenifa_:

na wa o.
why are we now discussing skinny vs fat.

yes you are very old school.
let me update you on d year 2011 dear. there no longer exist the need for fattening rooms. there is an abundance of food (even for the poor) nowadays that being fat is no longer a sign of opulence or good health. srry.
there is a plethora of fat women (and men) everywhere and enough fat women in naija to go around. . . 2ce. orobo girls are not going extinct. in naija and abroad there is fat fat fat everywhere. you are so covered on your marriage plans. no need to fret.
shikena

lol
Re: Wizkid's Pakurumo Video With Funke Akindele: Thoughts? by chika98: 4:03am On Dec 13, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

The women in the tabloid and TV doesn't represent American women because every "American citizens" aren't American born and skinny sells in hollywood. That's why skinny fad is popular in California and New York because many agents, directors, business owners, and entertainment artists demand skinny girls hence diet regime in every square mile of America.

Those American girls who are healthy doesn't get the highlight because they aren't a size 2 and they even looks much better than those celebrities on TV. Many of those celebrities are AIRBRUSHED and RETOUCHED.

There are many of before and after photos of celebrities and people are shocked that these celebrities looks different without makeup.

Skinny/Anorexia is what sells and it is unfortunate.

We're basically saying the same thing. smiley
Re: Wizkid's Pakurumo Video With Funke Akindele: Thoughts? by Nobody: 4:19am On Dec 13, 2011
Jenifa_:

na wa o.

let me update you on d year 2011 dear. there no longer exist the need for fattening rooms. there is an abundance of food (even for the poor) nowadays that being fat is no longer a sign of opulence or good health. srry.
there is a plethora of fat women (and men) everywhere and enough fat women in naija to go around. . . 2ce. orobo girls are not going extinct. in naija and abroad there is fat fat fat everywhere. you are so covered on your marriage plans. no need to fret.
shikena

Can anyone help me understand this rant?
Re: Wizkid's Pakurumo Video With Funke Akindele: Thoughts? by Jenifa1: 5:07am On Dec 13, 2011
why do u need to understand it? it's not a rant anyway. neither was it addressed to u.
Re: Wizkid's Pakurumo Video With Funke Akindele: Thoughts? by Nobody: 5:39am On Dec 13, 2011
I dont like how she talks, like talk gently and calm down jare. She's too hyped.

I dont fancy her Yoruba dialect (which I'm thinking is the Ibadan dialect?) undecided

Overall, I really dont care.
Re: Wizkid's Pakurumo Video With Funke Akindele: Thoughts? by Cogent: 5:44am On Dec 13, 2011
[s]I think Jenifa_ na teenee gboko na im make say she dey oppose the people wey like fleshy girls like say them dey insult am[/s]
@topic,
It seems it is mostly the Yoruba peeps on here that think this video was a big deal.
Understandably.
Re: Wizkid's Pakurumo Video With Funke Akindele: Thoughts? by dnewshelf(m): 5:58am On Dec 13, 2011
The video is Good for the freshers like Him in the music industry but not that so Good enough but it still a Good Job any way,
Re: Wizkid's Pakurumo Video With Funke Akindele: Thoughts? by Jenifa1: 6:01am On Dec 13, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

I dont like how she talks, like talk gently and calm down jare. She's too hyped.
I dont fancy her Yoruba dialect (which I'm thinking is the Ibadan dialect?) undecided

what?
she's the best.
Re: Wizkid's Pakurumo Video With Funke Akindele: Thoughts? by donjos10(m): 6:34am On Dec 13, 2011
9ce 1
Re: Wizkid's Pakurumo Video With Funke Akindele: Thoughts? by igboboy1(m): 7:55am On Dec 13, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Name one Yoruba female that talks calm? its the culture, a loud culture so take it like that instead of fighting it,
Re: Wizkid's Pakurumo Video With Funke Akindele: Thoughts? by Sagamite(m): 8:53am On Dec 13, 2011
@PrinceK12 and the others,

Thanks, you get me.

I am not even discriminating against the slender girls but I think majority of the Nigerian attire is not really designed for them. The Western attire is what is really designed for them.

This is the kind of body shape that is most suited for most Nigerian attire and she definitely does not look obese or unhealthy.

[flash=400,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyH4N4D2eHs[/flash]
Re: Wizkid's Pakurumo Video With Funke Akindele: Thoughts? by Fattyaid: 10:33am On Dec 13, 2011
Nice ones. Good video
Re: Wizkid's Pakurumo Video With Funke Akindele: Thoughts? by fushi: 11:20am On Dec 13, 2011
Ms Jenifa, carry go.
Re: Wizkid's Pakurumo Video With Funke Akindele: Thoughts? by mystikal(m): 12:52pm On Dec 13, 2011
Is this the same video I watched?
Re: Wizkid's Pakurumo Video With Funke Akindele: Thoughts? by 1dafubabs(m): 1:46pm On Dec 13, 2011
well as for me i like the video conspet it goes with the story line,It easier to criticized video but i wish you have a clue of how to put things together just to make a lot of sense to pple talk abt the energy, the financial aspect, the time and also the prayer behind it. pls give it to him jor
Re: Wizkid's Pakurumo Video With Funke Akindele: Thoughts? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Dec 13, 2011
it's OKAY the concept was about a hiphop artist playing at a traditional ceremony, the EME boys were just having fun with the video!

I Will rate it 6.5
Re: Wizkid's Pakurumo Video With Funke Akindele: Thoughts? by 4wardever(m): 3:04pm On Dec 13, 2011
This video just made me happier today.
Re: Wizkid's Pakurumo Video With Funke Akindele: Thoughts? by Oluschenco(m): 6:41pm On Dec 13, 2011
Nice work
Re: Wizkid's Pakurumo Video With Funke Akindele: Thoughts? by MOM1(m): 7:23pm On Dec 13, 2011
The video is okay but i was expecting a mix of the two artist performance, just my thought
Re: Wizkid's Pakurumo Video With Funke Akindele: Thoughts? by Elemcat: 7:23pm On Dec 13, 2011
Jenifa baby. Good one
Re: Wizkid's Pakurumo Video With Funke Akindele: Thoughts? by kokofo: 8:18pm On Dec 13, 2011
Ride on Jenifa.
Re: Wizkid's Pakurumo Video With Funke Akindele: Thoughts? by Jenifa1: 8:29pm On Dec 13, 2011
thanks guys!
Re: Wizkid's Pakurumo Video With Funke Akindele: Thoughts? by Yeske2(m): 8:30pm On Dec 13, 2011
This video is the bomb, really enjoyed it. Liked the collabo sort of.
Re: Wizkid's Pakurumo Video With Funke Akindele: Thoughts? by muyoto: 8:51pm On Dec 13, 2011
Sagamite:

@PrinceK12 and the others,

Thanks, you get me.

I am not even discriminating against the slender girls but I think majority of the Nigerian attire is not really designed for them. The Western attire is what is really designed for them.

[b[size=14pt]]This is the kind of body shape that is most suited for most Nigerian attire and she definitely does not look obese or unhealthy[/size].[/b]

[flash=400,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyH4N4D2eHs[/flash]

ABEG TOLD THEM!!  grin

Just check out that figure. . .real African beauty!  kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Wizkid's Pakurumo Video With Funke Akindele: Thoughts? by Yacoco: 11:28pm On Dec 13, 2011
Good one Funke.
Re: Wizkid's Pakurumo Video With Funke Akindele: Thoughts? by stunna2(m): 11:31pm On Dec 13, 2011
1st off, da Drama at the begining was a lil much, but, maybe that's his style - i cant really say as this is da 1st time i ever saw the guy!

2nd thought, is that you have to stand out in ur own video, seen and he did not! every body is dressed to be the best and as such, no one stands out!!

good effort, since its not a very serious song, it's just for fun and maybe, his target audience should be considered!
Re: Wizkid's Pakurumo Video With Funke Akindele: Thoughts? by Nobody: 3:29am On Dec 14, 2011
Jenifa_:

na wa o.

shikena

Lolllll. Well put.
Re: Wizkid's Pakurumo Video With Funke Akindele: Thoughts? by sovpounds(m): 8:01am On Dec 14, 2011
I love the video. Funke Akindele is funny.

"Whis-key?"

lol. smiley
Re: Wizkid's Pakurumo Video With Funke Akindele: Thoughts? by omar22(m): 10:40am On Dec 14, 2011
Name one Yoruba female that talks calm? its the culture, a loud culture so take it like that instead of fighting it,

Coming from someone who has the same lineage as the Jamaican,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Duncan Mighty Buys A New Rolls Royce Phantom [pictures] / [MUSIC] Davido - One Of A Kind Official Release. Download Audio And Listen / Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.