Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,182 members, 7,807,585 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:48 PM

PHCN Will Cease To Exist From 2012: Minister Of Power - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / PHCN Will Cease To Exist From 2012: Minister Of Power (12408 Views)

Will Paper Money Ever Cease To Exist? / Okonjo-Iweala Bags African Finance Minister Of The Year Award / Petrol Subsidy Probe: FG Removes 98 Importers From 2012 Operations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHCN Will Cease To Exist From 2012: Minister Of Power by ceejayluv(m): 8:47pm On Dec 13, 2011
Obviously, he means well. A seasoned technocrat, he has drawn all the plans to take us to our Power Eldorado. , He cant do it all alone, we all have to take part by supporting him and staging counter-protests against those selfish PHCN mafia. Ive always said it dat "if we neva get 50000 Mw, we neva start!" d cost of running an average-sized 5.5 HP generator for 6 hours a day is 225 Naira. Dats 6750 a month and about 80,000 a year! Multiply dat by millions of Gen users, both private and commercial, big and small. Add the cost of the gen and maintenance. Worst is we are importing both d fuel and the Gen! A colossal waste, A british man's nightmare! At 10 naira per KWh, one can use an AC for 12 hours a day for 30 days and it will cost just 270 Naira!
Carry go Nnaji!
Re: PHCN Will Cease To Exist From 2012: Minister Of Power by 3kay945(m): 9:40pm On Dec 13, 2011
Naija will foo.l me no more, unless i see things on ground, i prefer to remain a doubtin thomas. Either it will work as planned or been sabotage by some cabal, any action wont suprise me cause i have lost hope in this country system long tyme ago.
Re: PHCN Will Cease To Exist From 2012: Minister Of Power by Nobody: 10:01pm On Dec 13, 2011
About damn time they privatized the power sector.
Government has proven far too inept for such things.
Re: PHCN Will Cease To Exist From 2012: Minister Of Power by Yacoco: 11:17pm On Dec 13, 2011
Let pray to have constant Power supply. Its so frustrating.
Re: PHCN Will Cease To Exist From 2012: Minister Of Power by scopusng(m): 11:27pm On Dec 13, 2011
He went ahead to say there will be new tariffs which will be announced by NERC next year arguing that Nigeria pays one the lowest electricity tariff in Sub Saharan Africa except Zambia.

lowest to highest?
Re: PHCN Will Cease To Exist From 2012: Minister Of Power by 9icelag: 11:33pm On Dec 13, 2011
scopusng:

He went ahead to say there will be new tariffs which will be announced by NERC next year arguing that Nigeria pays one the lowest electricity tariff in Sub Saharan Africa except Zambia.

lowest to highest?

Next year no go easy at all cos price of everything will be doubled
Re: PHCN Will Cease To Exist From 2012: Minister Of Power by ak47mann(m): 12:27am On Dec 14, 2011
big up cool
Re: PHCN Will Cease To Exist From 2012: Minister Of Power by HighChief4(m): 12:36am On Dec 14, 2011
Prof I never doubted your capabilities. I believe you can do this. Nice one
Re: PHCN Will Cease To Exist From 2012: Minister Of Power by Nobody: 12:36am On Dec 14, 2011
Nigerians have been maltreated so badly that when light appears at the end of the tunnel, we suspect it's an oncoming train.

And I don't blame them,
Re: PHCN Will Cease To Exist From 2012: Minister Of Power by Relax101(m): 1:25am On Dec 14, 2011
He's the most effective of all. Prof Nnaji is ever ready for business!
Re: PHCN Will Cease To Exist From 2012: Minister Of Power by JimmyBoy1: 8:27am On Dec 14, 2011
We dey wait oooo!
Re: PHCN Will Cease To Exist From 2012: Minister Of Power by executinal(m): 9:15am On Dec 14, 2011
Cary go prof, you are the man cheesy
Re: PHCN Will Cease To Exist From 2012: Minister Of Power by afm4ever(m): 9:21am On Dec 14, 2011
We need action not words cos am affected pls
Re: PHCN Will Cease To Exist From 2012: Minister Of Power by Nobody: 9:23am On Dec 14, 2011
I share the ethusiasm of all of you.

Afterall, is this not the country that cannot refine its own crude but can launch Satellites i.e Nigsatcom 1,2 & very soon 3?
A country that cannot generate enough electricity for each nationals to light a 20 Watts bulb each?

Prof BARTH NNAJI that I know (I know very well, professionally)
, an erudite scholar
, a warm nice approachable guy
, but clueless about power sector set-up
, a cheap big talking illusionist
, a profiteer, a roundtripper, a kickback collector, tax collector/ extortionist bully a la nigerian IG of police. hence a big contributor to the mess e.g taking percentage from money released to phcn for projects
, a potential gainer from selling the NEPA to the cabal @ undervalued price

After revealing all this, do I still joined the rest of >90% of Nigerians ('somnabulists') in ''dreaming & hoping'' or is it ''suffering & smiling''?
NO!!!!
Re: PHCN Will Cease To Exist From 2012: Minister Of Power by brainpulse: 9:39am On Dec 14, 2011
Critical enough, new tarrif will be anounced at the end of December without all his plan first in place. Na wa o Nigeria. Why should the common man always bear the brunt? Why should we always pay double and more, why cant the common man smile and laugh for the first time in this adminstration.
He said power Generation has increased, Where? For me, Light in my area has grown worst.
Re: PHCN Will Cease To Exist From 2012: Minister Of Power by sartorius(m): 9:51am On Dec 14, 2011
Great news. Corruption wud be drastically reduced. This shud be the highest earner of igr to the goverment however reverse has been the case. I am expectant of this ministry
Re: PHCN Will Cease To Exist From 2012: Minister Of Power by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:02am On Dec 14, 2011
Jon.Bee:

Afterall, is this not the country that cannot refine its own crude but can launch Satellites i.e Nigsatcom 1,2 & very soon 3?
A country that cannot generate enough electricity for each nationals to light a 20 Watts bulb each?

, an erudite scholar
, a profiteer, a roundtripper, a kickback collector, tax collector/ extortionist bully a la nigerian IG of police. hence a big contributor to the mess e.g taking percentage from money released to phcn for projects

After revealing all this, do I still joined the rest of >90% of Nigerians ('somnabulists') in ''dreaming & hoping'' or is it ''suffering & smiling''?
NO!!!!

Now that's a realist if i say so myself wink
Re: PHCN Will Cease To Exist From 2012: Minister Of Power by Pennywise(m): 11:23am On Dec 14, 2011
Jon.Bee:

, an erudite scholar

NO!!!!

Well said. But if you live in Nigeria and you are at a constant recieving end of the PHCN, you will agree that just about anything is better than the status quo. Who knows? A clueless guy might end up being our messiah.
Re: PHCN Will Cease To Exist From 2012: Minister Of Power by Beaf1: 11:32am On Dec 14, 2011
1 Bold 5 - Check
1 Bold 1 Classic - Check
1 IPAD2 - Check
1 HP Envy Laptop - Check
1 CCTV Monitor - Check
1 DSTV PVR Decoder -Check
1 Regional BGAN Internet modem/Satellite Phone - Check
1 Nashua Color Printer - Check
1 Casio Electronic Calculator - Check

Prof. nuttin do you - just leave a lasting legacy for your future generations ooh (and I don't mean money)

With all these electronic gadgets in front of this man (i know the same set will be in his study at home including the BBs cheesy), a 'blue' line connection and a standby automatic Mikano 500KVA generator both at home and office. These people never experience life without electricity so tell me if they will give a 5hit about power improvement in Nigeria.

Re: PHCN Will Cease To Exist From 2012: Minister Of Power by Wexelion(m): 12:17pm On Dec 14, 2011
3kay945:

Naija will foo.l me no more, unless i see things on ground, i prefer to remain a doubtin thomas. Either it will work as planned or been sabotage by some cabal, any action wont suprise me cause i have lost hope in this country system long tyme ago.

same to me,until i see things happening.
Re: PHCN Will Cease To Exist From 2012: Minister Of Power by Kx: 2:13pm On Dec 14, 2011
Everything is planned for 2012.

It must be a magic year
Re: PHCN Will Cease To Exist From 2012: Minister Of Power by cantell(m): 2:24pm On Dec 14, 2011
Kx:

Everything is planned for 2012.

It must be a magic year

Lol. Yes na.
Re: PHCN Will Cease To Exist From 2012: Minister Of Power by Nobody: 2:34pm On Dec 14, 2011
Jon.Bee:

, an erudite scholar

After revealing all this, do I still joined the rest of  >90% of Nigerians ('somnabulists') in ''dreaming & hoping'' or is it ''suffering & smiling''?
NO!!!!

If Only One Yoruba SABO like you will not do everything to quash his good intends,,  With your negative mind already it is easy for you to do everything to make sure you prove your points even if it means paying saboteurs to frustrate his efforts. After-all you are the ppl gaining most in Nigerian backwardness,  Chinese Generator companies and fuel importers. undecided
Re: PHCN Will Cease To Exist From 2012: Minister Of Power by GboyegaD(m): 3:24pm On Dec 14, 2011
I wish them success. But I still have a thought though, would it be efficient for private firms to provide light considering the natural monopoly that comes with generating electricity? Can they afford the initial capital?
Re: PHCN Will Cease To Exist From 2012: Minister Of Power by Deinmaluv1: 3:48pm On Dec 14, 2011
"He went ahead to say there will be new tariffs which will be announced by NERC next year arguing that Nigeria pays one the lowest electricity tariff in Sub Saharan Africa except Zambia."

I guess the next improvement is to increase the tariffs, since Nigeria pays the lowest in Sub Saharan Africa lipsrsealed
Re: PHCN Will Cease To Exist From 2012: Minister Of Power by Sike(m): 4:41pm On Dec 14, 2011
Finger Crossed!
Re: PHCN Will Cease To Exist From 2012: Minister Of Power by Oluchi007(f): 4:45pm On Dec 14, 2011
Hmm, I am of two minds:

1. Privatisation is a good thing especially if there are many companies competing like the telecomms industry. That will ensure quality & reasonable tariffs.

2. On the other hand, does Naija have what it takes to supervise private companies? Most 'investors' come to Naija to siphon as much money as they possibly can then take to their heels. Delta Steel Company is a case in point.

I hope Nnaji's statement is more than rhetoric. undecided
Re: PHCN Will Cease To Exist From 2012: Minister Of Power by noru: 5:12pm On Dec 14, 2011
if only same can be done to NNPC
Re: PHCN Will Cease To Exist From 2012: Minister Of Power by crackhouse(m): 5:19pm On Dec 14, 2011
This is to bring to ur notice, the death of a man named PHCN whom we learnt has been critically ill and was bedridden and incapacitated for many years due to the carelessness and greediness of his supposed caretakers who diverted the money meant for his treatment to their personal bank accounts. Sadly, PHCN passed away in 2007 after been killed by a man named Olusegun Obasanjo who was incharge of the committee set up to take care of him and his hospital bill when he was sick. He was killed unjustifiably with the help of a combatant killer squad name NIPP who claimed to have spent billions of dollars trying to revive him when he was in the hospital. He was buried in 2007, although some people said he is still in the hospital and responding to treatment, but we are yet to find out. For now, May his gentle soul rest in peace. RIP PHCN.
Re: PHCN Will Cease To Exist From 2012: Minister Of Power by kooto(m): 6:48pm On Dec 14, 2011
I hope this is not another telecom advert,(talkiiiing, we got people talking).
Re: PHCN Will Cease To Exist From 2012: Minister Of Power by POTUT(m): 7:23pm On Dec 14, 2011
Nigerians have a great deal of patience. Surely, it will not run out now that there is a concrete plan.

My only wonder is this:

Are the big player generator importers and diesel monopolists involved in any of these investments?

Shouldn't the FG issue a timeline to stop issuing Form Ms for generators that is consistent with these plans to improve our power sector?

Please nobody should come after this era to tell us that saboteurs were responsible for the failure of our power sector. Only then will our patience run out.
Re: PHCN Will Cease To Exist From 2012: Minister Of Power by efisher(m): 8:19pm On Dec 14, 2011
Problem Has Changed Name. Lol!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Thread Closed / How Do Websites Make Money? / What Are The Requirements For Starting A Newspaper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.