Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,796 members, 7,806,203 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:01 PM

Sunday Bada Is Dead - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sunday Bada Is Dead (13133 Views)

Sunday Bada- An Ex-nigerian Olympian Dies At 41 / Beaking News: Sunday Bada Is Dead. / Wht Happ 2 Sunday Bada[nigeria's Olympic Gold Medalist]heard He Had An Accident (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sunday Bada Is Dead by channel801(f): 7:57am On Dec 13, 2011
Former Olympic Silver Medalist Sunday Bada Is Dead

Nigeria’s former Olympic sliver medallist and Technical Director of the Athletics Federation of Nigeria (AFN), Mr Sunday Bada is dead.

Kwara-born Mr Bada who was born on 22 June 1969, slumped and died at the National Stadium in Lagos on Monday evening.

ColinUdoh Colin Udoh
TRAGEDY: Nigeria Olympic silver medalist Sunday Bada slumped and died last night in Lagos

http://twitter.com/ColinUdoh/status/146526710693765120
Re: Sunday Bada Is Dead by hasyak(m): 8:06am On Dec 13, 2011
may his soul RIP
Re: Sunday Bada Is Dead by Afam4eva(m): 8:44am On Dec 13, 2011
May his gentle soul RIP.
Re: Sunday Bada Is Dead by medjai(m): 9:49am On Dec 13, 2011
RIP Sunday Bada
Re: Sunday Bada Is Dead by maclatunji: 11:49am On Dec 13, 2011
He was a truly great Nigerian Athlete. I think I met him once.
Re: Sunday Bada Is Dead by otokx(m): 11:50am On Dec 13, 2011
slumped and died - people should go for annual medical check ups.
Re: Sunday Bada Is Dead by Ninapha(f): 11:50am On Dec 13, 2011
Whao, too bad. RIP bros cry
Re: Sunday Bada Is Dead by Kx: 11:51am On Dec 13, 2011
Yet another death at the National Stadium.
RIP
Re: Sunday Bada Is Dead by brainpulse: 11:53am On Dec 13, 2011
These are the type of people that should be given award, people that brought honour to there fathers Land.
R.I.P
Re: Sunday Bada Is Dead by Tabidavou: 11:57am On Dec 13, 2011
So very sad indeed, may his gentle soul rest in perfect peace.
Re: Sunday Bada Is Dead by kizito96(m): 11:57am On Dec 13, 2011
This is sad. Nigerians never take care of their health. Many people are just mobile corpse. Nigerians think hospital is for the rich. May be he is suffering from high blood pressure or high collesterol. These are silent killers. Its so sad how people just die carelessly. Its painful. May his soul Rest in Peace
Re: Sunday Bada Is Dead by Basics007: 12:05pm On Dec 13, 2011
This news is so sad. I dont think he's even 50 yet. R.I.P. Nigeria Athletics will miss you
Re: Sunday Bada Is Dead by Okijajuju1(m): 12:13pm On Dec 13, 2011
True Patriots!!

R.I.P Hommes!! grin
Re: Sunday Bada Is Dead by Wadosky(m): 12:15pm On Dec 13, 2011
[/color][color=#990000]RIP SUNDAY BADA
Re: Sunday Bada Is Dead by IYANGBALI: 12:17pm On Dec 13, 2011
otokx:

slumped and died - people should go for annual medical check ups.
easier said than done.here is the money to do the test wen man pikin never get money to buy food chop,my broda abeg leave matter.
brainpulse:

These are the type of people that should be given award, people that brought honour to there fathers Land.
R.I.P
pls tell them
kizito96:

This is sad. Nigerians never take care of their health. Many people are just mobile corpse. Nigerians think hospital is for the rich. May be he is suffering from high blood pressure or high collesterol. These are silent killers. Its so sad how people just die carelessly. Its painful. May his soul Rest in Peace
how many times you done do medical check up this year?no be only HIV/AIDS TEST YOU DEY ALWAYS DO
Re: Sunday Bada Is Dead by Wadosky(m): 12:21pm On Dec 13, 2011
RIP SUNDAY BADA
Re: Sunday Bada Is Dead by velo10: 12:28pm On Dec 13, 2011
I admired his sprinting back in the days when he was active. He should be immortalised as one of those that made Nigeria proud in athletics.

I wish people will just shut up. Because he slumped and died, people blaming him for not being health conscious. You guys don't even know what killed him, but you're quick to judge. angry angry
Re: Sunday Bada Is Dead by highland(m): 12:28pm On Dec 13, 2011
Life is short. RIP
Re: Sunday Bada Is Dead by NET1(m): 12:30pm On Dec 13, 2011
Basics007:

This news is so sad. I dont think he's even 50 yet. R.I.P. Nigeria Athletics will miss you
No, the report said he was born in 1969. So, he's just 42

IYA NGBALI:

easier said than done.where is the money to do the test wen man pikin never get money to buy food chop,my broda abeg leave matter.
True! Poverty breeds sickness, diseases and Death in Africa.
Re: Sunday Bada Is Dead by freecocoa(f): 12:33pm On Dec 13, 2011
RIP,its just sad.
Re: Sunday Bada Is Dead by Sagamite(m): 12:34pm On Dec 13, 2011
Wow!

A world class athlete dying at the age of 42?  undecided

That is shocking.

One of the guys I used to cheer.

RIP!
Re: Sunday Bada Is Dead by Nobody: 12:45pm On Dec 13, 2011
RIP Sunday

You served your country well.
Re: Sunday Bada Is Dead by Olalekan0(m): 12:47pm On Dec 13, 2011
It's disheartening to see or hear of iconic nigerians dieing of avoidable causes. The guy slumped and died at the National stadium of places,am pretty sure he would have survived had there been an up to date medical facilities in place!

At any rate,May his gentle soul rest in perfect peace
Re: Sunday Bada Is Dead by snthesis(m): 1:19pm On Dec 13, 2011
RIP Bada

hmmm!!! "slumped and died" - quite wierd for an athlete especially distance runners to die of heart attacks, except ofcourse he was subjecting himself to his former workout routine forgetiing that old age had caught up with him.
Re: Sunday Bada Is Dead by sylve11: 1:23pm On Dec 13, 2011
r.i.p sad cool
Re: Sunday Bada Is Dead by sportico: 1:25pm On Dec 13, 2011
may god comfort his family. he's indeed a patrotic nigerian.
Re: Sunday Bada Is Dead by cashful(m): 1:41pm On Dec 13, 2011
He was very good at 200m, 400m and long jump events, winning many laurels for Nigeria.
R.I.P, a true patriot
Re: Sunday Bada Is Dead by Nobody: 1:42pm On Dec 13, 2011
Oh dear. Not Sunday Bada. The guy is almost legendary as far as Nigerian Athletics goes. Such a respectable and dignified athlete/policeman. These incessant deaths just keep diminishing me (apologies to John Donne). . .constant reminder of how inconsequential, vain, and transcient everything is!

May ASP Sunday Bada rest in perfect peace. He was (smh) a Nigerian Original.
Re: Sunday Bada Is Dead by ochukoccna: 1:43pm On Dec 13, 2011
rip
Re: Sunday Bada Is Dead by Nobody: 2:05pm On Dec 13, 2011
rip
Re: Sunday Bada Is Dead by cyber6(m): 2:24pm On Dec 13, 2011
Sunday was a good man, we were actually brought up in the same neighborhood though he is almost 20yrs older (that's considering his real age o), i attended same school and trained in the same grass root football team with his siblings.
I always believed that the measure of a life well-lived is not in how much money one has or what possessions they have accumulated, but rather through the lives they touched and the sorrow they leave behind.
Sunday was a source of inspiration to young-stars in the neighborhood, among those he inspired is Chinedu Oriala (who has been representing Nig. since Sydney 2000 Olympics).
I'd like to use this opportunity to join so many others who knew Sunday Bada, in offering my deepest sympathy on his passing. So to Segun and Bayo, if any if you is reading this, pls accept my condolence, for your brother have worked against all odds and have written his name in gold…
Re: Sunday Bada Is Dead by ugosly(m): 2:42pm On Dec 13, 2011
The man was an inspiration to many young aspirin athletes,
Rest in peace Man!
May The Lord console his family.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Where Do You Prefer To Watch Football? / Serbia Vs Brazil: World Cup (0 - 2) On 27th June 2018 / Nigerian's First World Boxing Champion Hogan Kid Bassey Winning The Belt (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.