Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,966 members, 7,806,799 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:42 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (120) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (980100 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 11:33am On Jun 17, 2013
Hi everyone.
Pls I need you input on this.
My family member stays in one of the British overseas Territory and ready to sponsor me to visit him for a month or 2
He holds a work permit in the country.
Please, what documents will I be needing from him to show he's inviting me and also will be responsible for my funds
Also, what documents will be required from my own end secure the Visa.
Thank you so much.
Note- I'm a student. Already through with my BSC but haven't yet gone for service cos school haven't posted me. So want to use d three months before service in November to visit him.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 12:06pm On Jun 17, 2013
oln: Reallllypls vicjustice what do you advice I do.Our marriage certificates,children's birth certificates,company's certificate of incorporation are all laminated.Can it be removed without distroying the certificate
These laminated certificates are only good for personal preservation, they are no longer good for tender or official presentations.
If only you knew how lamination works, you would know that it is impossible to peel off the foil without ripping the documents themselves.
Go and apply for reissue of the documents involved, and present them together with the laminated ones (to substantiate the reason as to why your every certificate is very recently retrieved)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by d2ddayo(m): 4:32pm On Jun 17, 2013
hi people, please i will like to ask these questions up in here maybe somone could help me out. i applied to a french language school in France to go study their language for a year. i got the admission and at the same time, i have a travel history in which france is one of the visas ve had in the past including ireland, germany, italy, in several times. now i intend to apply for this student visa for a year to study the language there. my questions re as follows: my stepfather is the one paying for the whole program, for the period of that one year. is it okay i using his bank statement with the fact that i am 29years of age? he has been the one sponsoring all my trips from my first time in 2006. and also, what are the necessary documents needed and if there is anyone who has or did study french language in france. thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by phatrat: 8:26pm On Jun 17, 2013
Please i would love to just visit the uk im a student i need to know how to go about this thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Connoisseur(m): 8:50pm On Jun 17, 2013
I really appreciate you guys for your patience and answer to the many enquires up here.
I wish to apply for a visa to visit the UK on business. I already have a relationship with a company in the UK, they do send me goods via courier. so my visit is sort of expansion. I registered my company early this year and i also have a personal account with another £ domicilliary account.
My questions are:
Do i need an invitation from the company to hasten my visa process?
Do I need to attach documents relating to my company since it is relatively new and i havent even paid tax, also given that personal account has a more befitting history than the company account?
What other documents will I need since am the one sponsoring myself and do not intend to spend more than 3weeks there?
Is there any way I can talk one on one with you offline?
Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by rayrick14yahoo: 3:33pm On Jun 19, 2013
i need an advice on how to treat this
You have stated that you intend to travel to the UK with your young daughter and stay in a hotal in London. You have stated that you are student but also employed and that you are reliant on family for finacial support. I also noted that you have no friends or family in the Uk. You have submiited many documents with your application related to the business interests of your husband who you say is sponsoring you. However you have failed to satisfy me that your intentions in the UK are as stated . Therefore on the balance of probabilities,i am not satisfied that you are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor for a period not exceeding 6 months or that you intend to leave the united kingdom at the end of you visit as required by paragraph 41(i) and ii of HC395
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by pandora1: 9:08pm On Jun 19, 2013
Hello house!!! Pls I need your advice. I just concluded my masters degree in the uk and was meant to graduation jan 2013 but shifted my graduation to july 2013. Now I want to apply with my parents to attend. I've gotten my invitation letter from school etc. My question is, I don't have a job yet and since I've not graduated officially should I state on the visa form that I am a student or unemployed? Would it also be a problem if I used my father's account statement as prove of funds? I've booked hotel reservations and am gonna harite invitations formally inviting my parents. Thanks guys!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by lovesavvi: 7:01am On Jun 20, 2013
Pls Oga vic nd justwise I need ur quick advice with my situation, my Brother want to invite to visit him in uk for just 2 wks, he is d one dat goin to accomodate me for dat period nd is ready to send me all necessary document. I have a business dat am running which is regitered nd all d necessary document concenin d business are in intact like invoice nd CAC certificate. My persional saving acct is running every weeks with inflow nd outflow bt d minimum balance in my acct nao is 400k I dnt knw if am gud to apply wit dis acct. Pls I need ur advice sir
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:11am On Jun 20, 2013
waka-about:
Hi everyone.
My family member stays in one of the British overseas Territory and ready to sponsor me to visit him for a month or 2
Please, what documents will I be needing from him to show he's inviting me and also will be responsible for my funds
Thank you so much.
Note- I'm a student. Already through with my BSC but haven't yet gone for service cos school haven't posted me. So want to use d three months before service in November to visit him.

The question of documents to preset for visiting visa has been answered over and over again here, please take your time and read this thread, if you start from page one before you get to page 10 you might have come across the list more than once
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:16am On Jun 20, 2013
Connoisseur: I really appreciate you guys for your patience and answer to the many enquires up here.
I wish to apply for a visa to visit the UK on business. I already have a relationship with a company in the UK, they do send me goods via courier. so my visit is sort of expansion. I registered my company early this year and i also have a personal account with another £ domicilliary account.
My questions are:
Do i need an invitation from the company to hasten my visa process?
Do I need to attach documents relating to my company since it is relatively new and i havent even paid tax, also given that personal account has a more befitting history than the company account?
What other documents will I need since am the one sponsoring myself and do not intend to spend more than 3weeks there?
Is there any way I can talk one on one with you offline?
Thank you.

Yes you need to include business invitation letter from the company inviting you also include previous documents from your dealings with them.

Surly you have to attach documents relating to your company whether old or new.

Why haven't you paid tax? Part of Govt policy to exempt new businesses from paying tax for certain period?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:19am On Jun 20, 2013
rayrick14@yahoo:
i need an advice on how to treat this
You have stated that you intend to travel to the UK with your young daughter and stay in a hotal in London. You have stated that you are student but also employed and that you are reliant on family for finacial support. I also noted that you have no friends or family in the Uk. You have submiited many documents with your application related to the business interests of your husband who you say is sponsoring you. However you have failed to satisfy me that your intentions in the UK are as stated . Therefore on the balance of probabilities,i am not satisfied that you are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor for a period not exceeding 6 months or that you intend to leave the united kingdom at the end of you visit as required by paragraph 41(i) and ii of HC395

The bolded part is what need to be corrected if you plan to reapply, provide financial documents of your sponsor then reapply.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:27am On Jun 20, 2013
pandora__: Hello house!!! Pls I need your advice. I just concluded my masters degree in the uk and was meant to graduation jan 2013 but shifted my graduation to july 2013. Now I want to apply with my parents to attend. I've gotten my invitation letter from school etc. My question is, I don't have a job yet and since I've not graduated officially should I state on the visa form that I am a student or unemployed? Would it also be a problem if I used my father's account statement as prove of funds? I've booked hotel reservations and am gonna harite invitations formally inviting my parents. Thanks guys!

Are you traveling with your mum&Dad? You to start graduate in the form, yes you are going for your graduation but technically you have done with the course and could pick up a job anytime, so you are no longer a student
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:29am On Jun 20, 2013
lovesavvi: Pls Oga vic nd justwise I need ur quick advice with my situation, my Brother want to invite to visit him in uk for just 2 wks, he is d one dat goin to accomodate me for dat period nd is ready to send me all necessary document. I have a business dat am running which is regitered nd all d necessary document concenin d business are in intact like invoice nd CAC certificate. My persional saving acct is running every weeks with inflow nd outflow bt d minimum balance in my acct nao is 400k I dnt knw if am gud to apply wit dis acct. Pls I need ur advice sir

What are those documents sent to you by your brother? And what business document do you have as you stated?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by lovesavvi: 8:59am On Jun 20, 2013
My brother is goin to send me invitation letter,his bank statement,pay slips,tenance agreement,copy of his international passport.my bussiness document are business registration certificate,tax clearance,invoices dat I used to buy d market nd d one dat I used to sell it. Am into food stuff business. Thanks Sir.
justwise:

What are those documents sent to you by your brother? And what business document do you have as you stated?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:07am On Jun 20, 2013
lovesavvi: My brother is goin to send me invitation letter,his bank statement,pay slips,tenance agreement,copy of his international passport.my bussiness document are business registration certificate,tax clearance,invoices dat I used to buy d market nd d one dat I used to sell it. Am into food stuff business. Thanks Sir.

Those documents are good, you still have to make mim-budget of the trip.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by rayrick14yahoo: 10:12am On Jun 20, 2013
@justwise, i absolutely doubt that. My sponsors document are credible enough.i subbmitted the following
CAC,
company tax celarance over the last three years
PAYE tax receipts
Franchising letter from Oando
2 of his company bank statement
sales ledger in the last three months
DPR operational liscence

his personal account
payslips over the last six months
personal tax receipts with both Lagos state and ogun state
Life insurance policy with a year advance premium payment

and for me
All student document
My personal business documents
way bills and invoices of recent purchases
personal bank statement
tax clearance
marriage certificate and daughters birth certificate
and my life insurance documents with an advance payment of 1 year premium.
What went wrong? look into it properly
thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:20am On Jun 20, 2013
rayrick14@yahoo:
@justwise, i absolutely doubt that. My sponsors document are credible enough.i subbmitted the following
CAC,
company tax celarance over the last three years
PAYE tax receipts
Franchising letter from Oando
2 of his company bank statement
sales ledger in the last three months
DPR operational liscence

his personal account
payslips over the last six months
personal tax receipts with both Lagos state and ogun state
Life insurance policy with a year advance premium payment

and for me
All student document
My personal business documents
way bills and invoices of recent purchases
personal bank statement
tax clearance
marriage certificate and daughters birth certificate
and my life insurance documents with an advance payment of 1 year premium.
What went wrong? look into it properly
thanks

You absolutely doubt that? Where is his own bank account? Payslip is not bank account and will not show how much one has in account, company bank account is not for leisure trip, its for the running of the company. So where is his own personal/savings account?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by lovesavvi: 11:11am On Jun 20, 2013
[quote author=justwise]

Those documents are good, you still have to make mim-budget of the trip.[/quotte]thanks sir, hw do I make mid-budget of the trip? What r my need to calculate?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by lovesavvi: 11:18am On Jun 20, 2013
[quote author=lovesavvi][/quote]Thanks sir How do make the mim-budget of the trip? What r my need to calculate?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jun 20, 2013
waka-about:
Hi everyone.
Thank you so much.

justwise:

The question of documents to preset for visiting visa has been answered over and over again here, please take your time and read this thread, if you start from page one before you get to page 10 you might have come across the list more than once

Justwise, please don't let me read from page one please....
besides, I'm confused if it is going to be a visit Visa or transit visa since it is a British Overseas Territory
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by rayrick14yahoo: 3:51pm On Jun 20, 2013
@justwise
that was just an error
i did included his personal bank statement with guarantee trust bank and it has alot of traffic( transactions) in it. at first i was afraid of including it cos his 6 months turnover was about 15million naira but had a balance of 800k when i submitted it. I dont mean to question ur opinion but his document already secured me a south african visa. Was actually thinking the main clause behind the refusal is or was me not having a friend or family in the UK.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 4:16pm On Jun 20, 2013
rayrick14@yahoo:
@justwise
that was just an error
i did included his personal bank statement with guarantee trust bank and it has alot of traffic( transactions) in it. at first i was afraid of including it cos his 6 months turnover was about 15million naira but had a balance of 800k when i submitted it. I dont mean to question ur opinion but his document already secured me a south african visa. Was actually thinking the main clause behind the refusal is or was me not having a friend or family in the UK.

South Africa and the UK does not have the same visa requirement, so document that got you SA visa will not necessarily get you the UK visa.

You were not refused a visa because you got no family in the UK, hotel accommodation is good enough to get anybody a visa to any country.

You were refused because you could not convincingly proof that your sponsor is capable to sponsor you and your daughter for the trip. 800k is nothing close to actual cost of your trip.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by lovesavvi: 12:28am On Jun 21, 2013
justwiseOga justwise pleas advice me on how to make Good mim-budget of the trip:

Those documents are good, you still have to make mim-budget of the trip.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by headna007: 8:12am On Jun 21, 2013
Justwise, Vic and others abeg urgent advise is needed please, a friend in UK studying(Phd) which I intended to spend part of my up coming leave with for duration of 3weeks within the period of august and september sent me an invitation which included with the following 1. A copy of his passport and biometric resident permit page showing his present visa condition 2. A university registration letter 3. Hotel reservation. And document which I intended to add are, 1. Letter of introduction, 2. appointment letter 3. leave approval, 4. my statement of acc for 6 month shows income of 150k monthly And balance of 470k, 5. pay sleep. Please kindly enlighten me if this document presented by him nd me meet d requirement? And my question are 1. a hotel booking through Booking.com sent by him is okay? 2. Is it d whole six month pay sleep that I will add or just a month? And 3. He also sent me print out pages of application form, can I use it? God bless u all
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by modash(m): 9:17am On Jun 21, 2013
justwise:

Cancelling it will have no effect on your subsequent visa application, it actually shows that you are not desperate to run away to the UK, you have perfectly good reason to cancel the application.

Explain why you want to cancel it and you will be fine with subsequent application

Thanks I actually got the visa a few days after my message just before I went to cancel, I got 6months, so I wanted to enquire which documents would I need to submit if I want to apply for my wife she is currently a student in Sudan.thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:49am On Jun 21, 2013
headna007: Justwise, Vic and others abeg urgent advise is needed please, a friend in UK studying(Phd) which I intended to spend part of my up coming leave with for duration of 3weeks within the period of august and september sent me an invitation which included with the following 1. A copy of his passport and biometric resident permit page showing his present visa condition 2. A university registration letter 3. Hotel reservation. And document which I intended to add are, 1. Letter of introduction, 2. appointment letter 3. leave approval, 4. my statement of acc for 6 month shows income of 150k monthly And balance of 470k, 5. pay sleep. Please kindly enlighten me if this document presented by him nd me meet d requirement? And my question are 1. a hotel booking through Booking.com sent by him is okay? 2. Is it d whole six month pay sleep that I will add or just a month? And 3. He also sent me print out pages of application form, can I use it? God bless u all

The hotel booking is ok.

You can present the last two months payslip, you don't have to present the whole 6months.

You don't need the printout copy, you have to apply online then print it out as well for submission.( you submit online and offline)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:53am On Jun 21, 2013
modash:

Thanks I actually got the visa a few days after my message just before I went to cancel, I got 6months, so I wanted to enquire which documents would I need to submit if I want to apply for my wife she is currently a student in Sudan.thanks

You need to submit proof of finance and marriage. Since you will be sponsoring the trip, you have to submit documents that will proof that you are financially capable to and your marriage certificate, family pictures etc
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:54am On Jun 21, 2013
lovesavvi: Thanks sir How do make the mim-budget of the trip? What r my need to calculate?

How much will the trip cost you?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:01am On Jun 21, 2013
modash:

By the way, you can not apply for a visa for your wife who is currently in Sudan, she needs to apply for the visa herself in Sudan where she resides, or she would need to come to Nigeria to apply for it; either way, her presence is required.
As for the "documents" needed, Justwise had patiently said it all, i wouldn't have liked to talked about documents
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:24am On Jun 21, 2013
Vicjustice:
By the way, you can not apply for a visa for your wife who is currently in Sudan, she needs to apply for the visa herself in Sudan where she resides, or she would need to come to Nigeria to apply for it; either way, her presence is required.
As for the "documents" needed, Justwise had patiently said it all, i wouldn't have liked to talked about documents

@modash

Please take note of what Vicjustice said about the application, your wife has to be present for the application because her fingerprint will be needed.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by modash(m): 11:04am On Jun 21, 2013
Thanks once again
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jun 21, 2013
justwise:

@Justwise, I followed your. Advise. I'm presently on d 15th page.
One quick question tho, British overseas Territory, do I need a transit visa or a Visit visa?

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.