Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,454 members, 7,781,311 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:15 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (129) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (977029 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by smallt: 10:13am On Jul 24, 2013
Dis Guy: Appealing might go past your intended time of travel

Do you have a savings account or they all going straight into the investment companies?

They go straight to the investment company.

As a matter of fact, I have have been operating that investment for over a year now.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by smallt: 10:21am On Jul 24, 2013
justwise:

You don't have any right of appeal, you can reapply but you have to address the financial issue raised by the ECO else you will be refused again. Not just explaining it but back it you with paper evidence. Most importantly..don't spend more than you earn.

How do I address the issues?

I included all the documents relating to my finances in my earlier application but the ECO seemed to have looked only at my current account statement in which I don't maintain a hefty balance since I am not going to receive any interest on the balance in it.

If I liquidate my investment into the current account now, it may be misconstrued as an unusual lodgement.

I intend to leave my salary for this month in the current account before obtaining a new statement for the application to bring up the balance but the fact is that my intention is to use the investment to finance the trip.

justwise:
Most importantly..don't spend more than you earn.

Considering that the cost of the trip to me (cost of the conference, air fare, accommodation, etc) is just slightly above my monthly salary but I have an investment from which I am only spending about half for the trip and still have shares worth over N2m and properties and my job, what do I do?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:45am On Jul 24, 2013
smallt:

How do I address the issues?

I included all the documents relating to my finances in my earlier application but the ECO seemed to have looked only at my current account statement in which I don't maintain a hefty balance since I am not going to receive any interest on the balance in it.

If I liquidate my investment into the current account now, it may be misconstrued as an unusual lodgement.

I intend to leave my salary for this month in the current account before obtaining a new statement for the application to bring up the balance but the fact is that my intention is to use the investment to finance the trip.

Considering that the cost of the trip to me (cost of the conference, air fare, accommodation, etc) is just slightly above my monthly salary but I have an investment from which I am only spending about half for the trip and still have shares worth over N2m and properties and my job, what do I do?

Yes and the ECO is right, the amount in your current account is what matters most because that is the money available for you to spend on the trip, forget about the investment, properties and shares, those are tie-Nigeria evidences, they are not cash-in-hand.

Another thing that does not add up is this..... is this conference for your own benefit alone, for the company you work for or both?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by smallt: 11:23am On Jul 24, 2013
justwise:

Yes and the ECO is right, the amount in your current account is what matters most because that is the money available for you to spend on the trip, forget about the investment, properties and shares, those are tie-Nigeria evidences, they are not cash-in-hand.

Another thing that does not add up is this..... is this conference for your own benefit alone, for the company you work for or both?

Should I beef up the balance in my current account now? I have the funds to do that but won't that be seen as an unusual lodgement?

The conference is to my benefit but indirectly benefits the company as it has direct impact on my job and standing as a professional. The company is not paying for the conference.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:25am On Jul 24, 2013
smallt: Good day all,

I have been a silent reader of the posts on this thread and associated one especially just before I applied for a UK general tourist visa last month. I work with a financial institution but not a bank. The company pays staff salaries into a pseudo-current account which is a product of the company. From this account, I transfer at least N550k out of the >N600k I earn monthly to my current account to cater from my personal and general expenses every month.

I intend to attend a conference in September and provided the following documents along with my application:
I made sure that i read between lines in order to comprehend the figures which i must say are overwhelming and seemingly with the potential of raising suspicion until proven otherwise.

smallt: I am paying for the trip from my investment with the Asset Management Company. The one week conference will cost me about
300,000. Given the cost of air fares, accommodation, feding, etc I indicated that I intend to spend N800,000 for the trip. I indicated that I have a friend in the UK and supplied his passport page and letter of invitation though I indicated that I would be staying at a bread and breakfast
I was surprised when I was refused entry clearance with the following reasons
Look, Visa Officers know too well that people who earn that much ie N600.000 (six hundred thousand Naira) per month usually travel on first or business class seats therefore, the cost of such trips are usually higher than the N300k that you had economically budgeted: there is no way that amount will make it, taking your stated salary and the amount you intended to spend for a trip to the UK, they just didn't add up. Now, the visa officer apparently judged that you are either exaggerating your salary claim or that you are a very stingy applicant.
By the way, it is not Bread and Breakfast, but Bed and Breakfast or B&B.

smallt: You declared that you are employed and earn N6xxK/£2552 per month. Our published guidelines gives applicants full information on what documents they are to submit in support of a visa application, however you have not provided sufficient satisfactory evidence to substantiate your stated income. Furthermore your stated income is not reflected in your bank statement. While I have taken into consideration all the documentation presented, I am no satisfied that your personal circumstances are as you have stated.
Further to the above, you state that you have available N800k of your own money to spend on your visit to the UK. I do not consider the proposed expenditure for this short visit to be proportionate with your current economic circumstances particularly in view of the current level of available funds in your account of just N257K, the fact that you have a wife and 3 children to support an that you failed to substantiate your circumstances through satisfactory documentary evidence.
With my understanding, I will be honest with you, to tell you that i will not be surprised if you got banned: presenting documents that suggest that you earn N600.000 per month and yet your account balance is JUST N257.000, i hope this is not the case.

smallt: I must take into account your personal and economic circumstances in Nigeria when coming to my decision, however given the statements you have made and the documentary evidence you have presented to support your application, I am not satisfied that your circumstances in Nigeria, coupled with your reasons for wishing to travel to the UK are such that you have sufficient intention to lave the UK at the end of your proposed visit....
I have therefore refused your application because I am not satisfied . . .
In my opinion, the ECO took the appropriate decision.

smallt: Your right of appeal is limited to the grounds referred to in section 84(1)(c) of the Nationality immigration and Asylum Act 2002.
You have no rights of appeal so, appealing the decision is out of the question

smallt:
Obviously, the ECO simply took a look at the balance on my current account statement and concluded that I do not have enough funds. All other documents were ignored.
That is the right thing that the ECO had to do in order to reach a decision.

smallt: What right of appeal do I have?
Should I simply re-apply and include a detailed explanation countering the reasons given from the refusal?
Would they think I am desperate if I re-apply so soon?
You are free to reapply whenever you like, and NO, reapplying so soon will not give the impression that you are desperate (to migrate) rather, it may mean that you are persistent and insisting on your purpose and intention to travel: that is if you are indeed clean with your previous application

smallt: Can I use the same documents they returned to me if I re-apply or do I have to get updated statements of account, letters etc?
If the documents are blameless and valid, why not?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by smallt: 11:33am On Jul 24, 2013
Vicjustice: I made sure that i read between lines in order to comprehend the figures which i must say are overwhelming and seemingly with the potential of raising suspicion until proven otherwise.

Look, Visa Officers know too well that people who earn that mush ie N600.000 (six hundred thousand Naira) per month usually travel on first or business class seats therefore, the cost of such trips are usually higher than the N300k that you had economically budgeted: there is no way that amount will make it, taking your stated salary and the amount you intend to spend for a trip to the UK, they just didn't add up. Now, the visa officer apparently judged that you are either exaggerating your salary claim or that you are a very stingy applicant.
By the way, it is not Bread and Breakfast, but Bed and Breakfast or B&B.

With my understanding, I will be honest with you, to tell you that i will not be surprised if you got banned, i hope this is not the case.

I must take into account your personal and economic circumstances in Nigeria when coming to my decision, however given the statements you have made and the documentary evidence you have presented to support your application, I am not satisfied that your circumstances in Nigeria, coupled with your reasons for wishing to travel to the UK are such that you have sufficient intention to lave the UK at the end of your proposed visit....
I have therefore refused your application because I am not satisfied . . .
In my opinion, the ECO took the appropriate decision.

Your right of appeal is limited to the grounds referred to in section 84(1)(c) of the Nationality immigration and Asylum Act 2002.You have no rights of appeal so, appealing the decision is out of the question

Obviously, the ECO simply took a look at the balance on my current account statement and concluded that I do not have enough funds. All other documents were ignored.That is the right thing that the ECO had to do in order to reach a decision.

What right of appeal do I have?
Should I simply re-apply and include a detailed explanation countering the reasons given from the refusal?
Would they think I am desperate if I re-apply so soon?You are free to reapply whenever you like, and NO, reapplying so soon will not give the impression that you are desperate (to migrate) rather, i may mean that you are persistent and insisting on your purpose and intention to travel: that is if you are indeed clean with your previous application

Can I use the same documents they returned to me if I re-apply or do I have to get updated statements of account, letters etc?If the documents are blameless and valid, why not?

The cost of the trip to me, as I stated in my first post, is 800K and not 300K. 300k is the cost of the conference.

Should I beef up the balance in my current account now? I have the funds to do that but won't that be seen as an unusual lodgement?

The conference is to my benefit but indirectly benefits the company as it has direct impact on my job and standing as a professional. The company is not paying for the conference.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dannie007(m): 5:50pm On Jul 24, 2013
Hi House, i am danny by name, I need advice from the house,my friend emeka will be doing his masters graduation ceremoney in the UK this December and he called me yesterday that he will want me to be present with his family, I am a 500 level student here in Nigeria and I have once been denayed a Visa last year in Respect to me not given enough prove about my Sponsor relationship. So I'm worried about it because he called me letting me know that he his willing to do anything for me to be there and his fiancy Sarah. So my question now is what and what will be required from me and Emeka! I have pictures pictures of me and emeka back in Secondary skool and also while he was travelling to UK @ the airport. Please I awaits ur suggestion and advice thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jul 24, 2013
Vicjustice: Like what information do you wish to change?
The information regarding my sponsor in school
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by AceMiss: 2:12pm On Jul 25, 2013
Hello Justwise and Vicjustice,i have a question to ask. i have visited the UK twice and on both applications i used hotel bookings and reservation even though i ended up staying with family. i recalled that on both applications i stated that i didnt have any family or friends in the uk hence the use of hotel bookings. But on my last visit(i went thru city airport) i was asked if i'll be staying with family and i mistakenly said yes and i noticed that the officer wrote it down. My 2 years visa is expiring this july and i intend to re-apply but do i change my story and state that i have re-connected/discovered family or friends in my application now or stick to my "no family and friends in the UK"?
Please advice me on what to do. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 4:37pm On Jul 25, 2013
AceMiss: Hello Justwise and Vicjustice,i have a question to ask. i have visited the UK twice and on both applications i used hotel bookings and reservation even though i ended up staying with family. i recalled that on both applications i stated that i didnt have any family or friends in the uk hence the use of hotel bookings. But on my last visit(i went thru city airport) i was asked if i'll be staying with family and i mistakenly said yes and i noticed that the officer wrote it down. My 2 years visa is expiring this july and i intend to re-apply but do i change my story and state that i have re-connected/discovered family or friends in my application now or stick to my "no family and friends in the UK"?
Since you have already contradicted your claims, any answer that you give now is going to be suspicious and may cost you dearly... Therefore, I like to suggest that you answer affirmative to the question because I believe it will be easier to defend the truth than to maintain a lie. It is not bad to say that you discovered your relative(s) in previous visit to the UK
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by AceMiss: 5:42pm On Jul 25, 2013
@vicjustice,if I wirte that I discovered relatives in my previous visit,will I still be able to use hotel reservation(cos its easier for me and more convenient). Hope they will not expect me to resort to invitation letters etc because I have relatives abroad.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry359(m): 6:01pm On Jul 25, 2013
Saying that you have "just discovered" relatives but that you need to stay in a hotel is quite acceptable in UK.
It might be a good idea to have accomodation somewhere near to your relations if you are claiming that your reason for visit is to see them.
Know where they live and how to get there!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by AceMiss: 6:23pm On Jul 25, 2013
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 6:34pm On Jul 25, 2013
AceMiss: @vicjustice,if I wirte that I discovered relatives in my previous visit,will I still be able to use hotel reservation(cos its easier for me and more convenient). Hope they will not expect me to resort to invitation letters etc because I have relatives abroad.
worry 359: Saying that you have "just discovered" relatives but that you need to stay in a hotel is quite acceptable in UK.
It might be a good idea to have accomodation somewhere near to your relations if you are claiming that your reason for visit is to see them.
It actually depends on the reason for visiting, but however, whether having relatives or not, it is not a requirement to stay in their house or to stay in a lodging accommodation: what is required is a credible accommodation details, it doesn't matter where one stays as long as there is availability of reasonable accommodation
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by LondonCool(m): 7:40pm On Jul 25, 2013
AceMiss: @vicjustice,if I wirte that I discovered relatives in my previous visit,will I still be able to use hotel reservation(cos its easier for me and more convenient). Hope they will not expect me to resort to invitation letters etc because I have relatives abroad.

@AceMiss,

It's either you travel as a Tourist on a visit visa and provide details of your hotel and travel itinerary or you are traveling as a Family visitor to visit relatives. They would need to be close relatives (no Nigerian Un-cle) and you would need a letter of invitation and copy of their passport for this.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by LondonCool(m): 7:44pm On Jul 25, 2013
worry 359: Saying that you have "just discovered" relatives but that you need to stay in a hotel is quite acceptable in UK.

That is not a plausible statement to state on your visa application form. The ECO would forensically start to pick up loopholes in your application with that kind of statement. Don't forget that ECO's have monthly refusal quota's / targets to achieve, don't make your visa application an easy prey.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by LondonCool(m): 7:56pm On Jul 25, 2013
AceMiss: Hello Justwise and Vicjustice,i have a question to ask. i have visited the UK twice and on both applications i used hotel bookings and reservation even though i ended up staying with family. i recalled that on both applications i stated that i didnt have any family or friends in the uk hence the use of hotel bookings. But on my last visit(i went thru city airport) i was asked if i'll be staying with family and i mistakenly said yes and i noticed that the officer wrote it down. My 2 years visa is expiring this july and i intend to re-apply but do i change my story and state that i have re-connected/discovered family or friends in my application now or stick to my "no family and friends in the UK"?

The details the IO wrote on your arrival only remain on your landing card (which is filed away) and is not linked to your visa application form(s). Maintain your pattern of booking your hotel but also mention that you'll be visiting friends/ family friends. Your visa is always linked to the purpose of your trip, and you can be refused entry on arrival for ' a change of purpose' in your reasons for visiting UK. You could also be refused entry on arrival( despite your visa) for 'failure to disclose material' information.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kitlady02(f): 8:13pm On Jul 25, 2013
@justwise,

what are the requirements for transit visa and how long does it take to get the visa?

Is it something one can do on their own, is an agent necessary?

NB; I WILL BE CHANGING AIRPORT.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by LondonCool(m): 8:18pm On Jul 25, 2013
dannie007: Hi House, i am danny by name, I need advice from the house,my friend emeka will be doing his masters graduation ceremoney in the UK this December and he called me yesterday that he will want me to be present with his family, I am a 500 level student here in Nigeria and I have once been denayed a Visa last year in Respect to me not given enough prove about my Sponsor relationship. So I'm worried about it because he called me letting me know that he his willing to do anything for me to be there and his fiancy Sarah. So my question now is what and what will be required from me and Emeka! I have pictures pictures of me and emeka back in Secondary skool and also while he was travelling to UK @ the airport. Please I awaits ur suggestion and advice thanks.

Since you've already been refused a visa before, once your application is processed it would be flagged up. You have 2 hurdles to scale, the ECO in Lagos and the IO in UK, both can refuse you entry.

The ECO would want to know why it is necessary for you to attend the Graduation ceremony.
In view of your economic circumstances he would also make a judgement of why you or your friend Mekus would want to spend X amount just to visit UK.
Assuming you get the visa, the IO on arrival will need to be 'satisfied ' that you are visiting UK as a 'genuine visitor'. Your profile doesn't fit one. The ECO would need to be convinced that you'll be returning to Nigeria ( especially as you are not married , I presume).

Finally, the ECO should query that you were previously refused a visa because you couldn't prove your UK sponsor was related to you and this time you now want to visit the UK to visit a friend (a Student , I presume). So you've now abandoned visiting your 'Uncle'? The mindset of the ECO will tell him that you'll still want to visit your 'Uncle' and that your friends Graduation ceremony is a decoy .

I have not even talked about your financial outlay for the trip ( not being commensurate with your economic circumstances). That's the sentence they'll copy and paste on your refusal letter. Bottom line : You need to have a credible reason for visiting UK, you need to have a credible sponsor in the UK, you need to show that you have the financial outlay for the trip. The previous refusal has already dented your credibility so you need to do your homework well.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by LondonCool(m): 8:27pm On Jul 25, 2013
kitlady02: @justwise,

what are the requirements for transit visa and how long does it take to get the visa?

Is it something one can do on their own, is an agent necessary?

NB; I WILL BE CHANGING AIRPORT.

Avoid using Agents for simple things you can do yourself. To get a transit visa you need to show proof of your trip itinerary enroute UK (landside) to your destination to the ECO .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kitlady02(f): 8:33pm On Jul 25, 2013
LondonCool:

Avoid using Agents for simple things you can do yourself. To get a transit visa you need to show proof of your trip itinerary enroute UK (landside) to your destination to the ECO .

thanks. Is that all i require?

please kindly enlighten me on all thats required.

i ll be transiting through london
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by LondonCool(m): 10:49pm On Jul 25, 2013
kitlady02:

thanks. Is that all i require?

please kindly enlighten me on all thats required.

i ll be transiting through london

Where are you transiting to? You just need to make an application at the High Commission like any other application and provide proof of your journey. You need to also give some information about yourself to enable the ECO to be sure that you don't use the Transit visa as a means of staying in the UK.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:02pm On Jul 25, 2013
Hey, Londoncool! Where have you been? Good to see you... I just remembered your activities when I observed the posts of Visaofficer offering the kind of services that you were known for howbeit on US matters
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by LondonCool(m): 12:47am On Jul 26, 2013
Vicjustice: Hey, Londoncool! Where have you been? Good to see you... I just remembered your activities when I observed the posts of Visaofficer offering the kind of services that you were known for howbeit on US matters

Vicjustice, long time! I have been missing in action in hibernation for a long time. I see you have been doing a good job here.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 9:35am On Jul 26, 2013
LondonCool:

Vicjustice, long time! I have been missing in action in hibernation for a long time (4yrs). I see you have been doing a good job here.
Well, the presure was on Justwise and i just felt like assisting in the little way that i can since guys like you were unavailable... and i've been free and available to assist.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by AceMiss: 12:47pm On Jul 26, 2013
@Londoncool,Vicjustice and Justwise
Ok,you are suggesting i maintain my hotel booking approach but on the application form where we are asked if we have family and friends in the Uk. Do i go silent or state there that i have family(thats actually my confusion,how to marry the hotel booking with having family in the UK or should i maintain my formal story of "no famil/friends in the UK").

Am more confused now,please help!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by olumide098(m): 1:12pm On Jul 26, 2013
AceMiss: @Londoncool,Vicjustice and Justwise
Ok,you are suggesting i maintain my hotel booking approach but on the application form where we are asked if we have family and friends in the Uk. Do i go silent or state there that i have family(thats actually my confusion,how to marry the hotel booking with having family in the UK or should i maintain my formal story of "no famil/friends in the UK"wink.

that a Critical Situation because Have told UK Embassy that I have no family and relative at UK when am filling my form. and they still refused me. U need to think very well before filling your form. tell them the truth that U have a Family there in UK but you dont have on your mind to visit them because u want to be on tour. am saying this because of when you later get someone that want to send you an invitation letter believe that they have your records. pls take note of this
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 1:12pm On Jul 26, 2013
AceMiss: @Londoncool,Vicjustice and Justwise
Ok,you are suggesting i maintain my hotel booking approach but on the application form where we are asked if we have family and friends in the Uk. Do i go silent or state there that i have family(thats actually my confusion,how to marry the hotel booking with having family in the UK or should i maintain my formal story of "no famil/friends in the UK"wink.

You asked this question in Previous posts and it generated responses, yet you're asking the same thing again saying you're more confused than ever.
I insist that it doesn't matter whether you have family and/or friends in the UK, you can stay in a lodging accommodation even if you state that they are UK residents: besides, even if you declare your you intention to visit them, it is not a requirement that you must stay in their property.
The only problem that you may be having is the discrepancies on the information that you provided something that could get you into trouble if they manage to find out

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by olumide098(m): 1:36pm On Jul 26, 2013
Vicjustice:
You asked this question in Previous posts and it generated responses, yet you're asking the same thing again saying you're more confused than ever.
It doesn't matter whether you have family and/or friends in the UK, you can stay in a lodging accommodation even if you state that they are UK residents: besides, even if you declare your you intention to visit them, it is not a requirement that you must stay in their property

Pls, Find solution to my problem regard to UK. when i first carried a tourist visa, they refused me based on the ground that i didnt include my tax documents and immediately after following month i got a tax clearance card from federal inland revenue original. I carried another Visa Application back following 2 month of my refusal because i was going on a tour on the ground that missionary school where am working will sponsor my travelling due to the fact that am the best teacher of the year which i have substatial amount of money in my bank account. i was refused on the ground that my hotel is far away from my tourist attraction centers that can take me 5 hours within london. and my present financial status ve to be put into consideration. I need your assistance on this. have change my job now as an accountant. am new where am working now. can i still carry the visa application based on my new status at work now or i should use the old document and record as a teacher. pls guys help me. should i carry it again on tourist or invitation when have told Uk embassy that i dont have families and relative in UK to visit.....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by LondonCool(m): 3:07pm On Jul 26, 2013
olumide098:

Pls, Find solution to my problem regard to UK. when i first carried a tourist visa, they refused me based on the ground that i didnt include my tax documents and immediately after following month i got a tax clearance card from federal inland revenue original. I carried another Visa Application back following 2 month of my refusal because i was going on a tour on the ground that missionary school where am working will sponsor my travelling due to the fact that am the best teacher of the year which i have substatial amount of money in my bank account. i was refused on the ground that my hotel is far away from my tourist attraction centers that can take me 5 hours within london. and my present financial status ve to be put into consideration. I need your assistance on this. have change my job now as an accountant. am new where am working now. can i still carry the visa application based on my new status at work now or i should use the old document and record as a teacher. pls guys help me. should i carry it again on tourist or invitation when have told Uk embassy that i dont have families and relative in UK to visit.....

It's quite clear that you've been using 'tout' Agents to submit your UK visa applications. I'm concerned about you (lol). What is your motive for traveling to UK? Getting a UK visa is about credibility and about financial standing. Being an Accountant doesn't qualify you for a visa; although what you earn as an Accountant may increase your credibility with the ECO. You already have a visa refusal on your personal record so your next application will need to be well prepared. Most likely you'll still want to go as a Tourist. You need to build up your cash flow in your bank account, show proof of employment, show a letter indicating you have been given annual leave, prove that you have ties in Nigeria to indicate that you'll return, show legit Tax certificates, bank statements with legit COT calculations in the debit column and show that your economic circumstances is commensurate with the financial outlay for the trip to the UK. If you are going to spend around £900 on your ticket and £700 (£50x 14 days) on your hotel, £100 for feeding+ transportation, £150 for shopping (I'm using conservative estimates-thats around N462,500) how much do you earn per month? Even if you earn N500, 000 a month why would you want to spend N462,500 just to travel for 1 or 2 weeks? That's how the ECO thinks when checking your application. Hopefully the £3,000 (visit visa) bond about to be imposed on Nigerian visitors(i'm not refering to you) will sift out the wheat from the chaff. Bottomline: Apply with using your new job title but you'll still need to show the ECO that you are genuine visitor(and stop sending your visa application forms to Agents-i'm sure they are the one's that booked your Hotel that was 5 hours from London for you).
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by olumide098(m): 3:13pm On Jul 26, 2013
LondonCool:

It's quite clear that you've been using 'tout' Agents to submit your UK visa applications. I'm concerned about you (lol). What is your motive for traveling to UK? Getting a UK visa is about credibility and about financial standing. Being an Accountant doesn't qualify you for a visa; although what you earn as an Accountant may increase your credibility with the ECO. You already have a visa refusal on your personal record so your next application will need to be well prepared. Most likely you'll still want to go as a Tourist. You need to build up your cash flow in your bank account, show proof of employment, show a letter indicating you have been given annual leave, prove that you have ties in Nigeria to indicate that you'll return, show legit Tax certificates, bank statements with legit COT calculations in the debit column and show that your economic circumstances is commensurate with the financial outlay for the trip to the UK. If you are going to spend around £900 on your ticket and £700 (£50x 14 days) on your hotel, £100 for feeding+ transportation, £150 for shopping (I'm using conservative estimates-thats around N462,500) how much do you earn per month? Even if you earn N500, 000 a month why would you want to spend N462,500 just to travel for 1 or 2 weeks? That's how the ECO thinks when checking your application. Hopefully the £3,000 (visit visa) bond about to be imposed on Nigerian visitors(i'm not refering to you) will sift out the wheat from the chaff. Bottomline: You need to show the ECO that you are genuine visitor (and stop sending your visa application forms to Agents-i'm sure they are the one's that booked your Hotel that was 5 hours from London for you).

Please you know exactly what you are talking about. Please for God sake..inbox me your phone number so that i can discuss some personal issues with you relating to my refusal and documents. or release your chat id to me so that i can come online to have a chat with you

(1) (2) (3) ... (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) ... (426)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.