Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,927 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:38 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (132) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (979726 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 9:39am On Aug 01, 2013
FrontPageLawyer: Good morning the gurus. For someone visiting, westminster abbey, buckingham palace, big ben and london underground, which city, area can you advise such applicant book hotel reservation? As i understand it is compulsory as a tourist to always book hotel close to your attraction centres. Thank you
Your best option is www.Google.com, for more reliable information
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 9:40am On Aug 01, 2013
FrontPageLawyer: Please is it also advisable to book hotels from booking company e.g www.booking.com?
The site is ok, but you can use Google search too
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:44am On Aug 01, 2013
FrontPageLawyer: Please is it also advisable to book hotels from booking company e.g www.booking.com?

Look for premier Inn, travelodge, holiday-Inn..etc those are budget hotels you can find in almost every single city in the UK. There are too many of time in London. Booking is good as well.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by DisGuy: 10:32am On Aug 01, 2013
FrontPageLawyer: Good morning the gurus. For someone visiting, westminster abbey, buckingham palace, big ben and london underground, which city, area can you advise such applicant book hotel reservation? As i understand it is compulsory as a tourist to always book hotel close to your attraction centres. Thank you

london transport museum?

london underground is a transport system
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by baslone: 10:39am On Aug 01, 2013
uchechuwku:

Hi
Like how long did the whole process take? From the day of submission till d day of collection

Submitted on the 12th, picked it up on 31st!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 10:49am On Aug 01, 2013
Dis Guy:

london transport museum?

london underground is a transport system

Thank you. Are you saying I shouldn't include it?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 11:40am On Aug 01, 2013
Vicjustice:
Your best option is www.Google.com, for more reliable information

Thank you vicjustice and oga justwise. I have decided to book a hotel in westminster or hyde park London. Am I good to go?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by DisGuy: 11:48am On Aug 01, 2013
FrontPageLawyer:

Thank you. Are you saying I shouldn't include it?

you might include a visit to the transport museum, but london underground is where you take the underground trains

it's like saying I want to visit BRT in lagos
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 11:54am On Aug 01, 2013
Dis Guy:

you might include a visit to the transport museum, but london underground is a where you take the underground trains

it's like saying I want to visit BRT in lagos

Thank you so much. I appreciate
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by propofol: 1:28pm On Aug 01, 2013
HELLO GUYS,
I got a two year multiple entry visa TO THE UK in 2011. Its expiring this month. I used it twice. Can i apply for another two year visa? When can i apply? I'll probably travel in February.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 3:25pm On Aug 01, 2013
propofol: HELLO GUYS,
I got a two year multiple entry visa TO THE UK in 2011. Its expiring this month. I used it twice. Can i apply for another two year visa? When can i apply? I'll probably travel in February.
This is definitely not the first or the second time that you're applying for a visa... Therefore I'm disappointed because, I suppose you're too experienced to be asking this.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by spikesC(m): 3:36pm On Aug 01, 2013
grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by khoray(f): 4:05pm On Aug 01, 2013
Very educative thread.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by feyi4luv: 4:27pm On Aug 01, 2013
@justice pls wen is the best time for me to re apply and wat oda supporting document do I need to get frm my brother inlaw and my husband
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by propofol: 7:22pm On Aug 01, 2013
Vicjustice:
This is definitely not the first or the second time that you're applying for a visa... Therefore I'm disappointed because, I suppose you're too experienced to be asking this.
That was my first time actually and i got a two year multiple entry visa. So justwise please answer the question.Vicjustice please try to be a bit patient. Its just visa now. you dont have to discipline us all the time all in the name of traveling o for holiday oooooooo

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 8:40pm On Aug 01, 2013
propofol: .
That was my first time actually and i got a two year multiple entry visa. So justwise please answer the question.Vicjustice please try to be a bit patient. Its just visa now. you dont have to discipline us all the time all in the name of traveling o for holiday oooooooo
Why are you guys desiring to be pampered and given excessive indulgence?
This is a discussion forum, therefore, everyone who uses such media should learn to accept fair criticism.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by propofol: 8:51pm On Aug 01, 2013
Vicjustice:
Why are you guys desiring to be pampered and given excessive indulgence?
This is a discussion forum, therefore, everyone who uses such media should learn to accept fair criticism.
i wont even go down that road with you. justwise please answer my question. thanks.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by lakayanababy: 10:14pm On Aug 01, 2013
baslone:

Submitted on the 12th, picked it up on 31st!

Hi Uchechukwu, was your application processed in Lagos or Abuja? it seems references that start with IKAC are applications dealt with in Lagos, and IKAB Abuja.. Not sure about this though.

Just wondering where they are more considerate.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by albuquerque(f): 11:52pm On Aug 01, 2013
propofol:
i wont even go down that road with you. justwise please answer my question. thanks.

I like the way you answered him. Hope you get a more reasonable answer to your very genuine question from sensible people like Justwise and Disguy.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by taiwoliu(m): 3:48am On Aug 02, 2013
Hi bro, am trying to process for a visa but ran into a situation am not too clear with regarding d statement of account of sponsor to be used.
D acct has registered a constant balance of over 600k for more than 6months in d past, but it currently stands at a lower but constant balance of 300k. Is it still advisable to use d acct considering that it is lower than 600k or shld I get another acct?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by LondonCool(m): 6:29am On Aug 02, 2013
feyi4luv: I included in the application we are gong togeda and he also write a letter too bt he already has a 2yrs visa dey said I dnt include my marriage certificate which I did

What is the purpose of your UK trip? Where will you be staying in UK ? Why isn't your husband supporting your application financially? Traveling is about financial economics, that's what the ECO looks at, (i.e. the economics of the trip). Your circumstances do not match the profile of a 'genuine visitor' to UK. What are you going to be doing in UK? Why would your in-law want to spend an outlay of around N400k to N500k of company funds for your trip to UK? (i.e flight ticket, accommodation, transportation, feeding, shopping, etc?).

Your present situation could have improved if you had direct family relatives in UK inviting you to visit, but with your husbands civil service status his bank account cash flow ( credit and debit turnover) may not be enough to support your visa application. The ECO's normally frown at applications being supported by company bank accounts (without any meeting minutes where it was decided that the company should pay for your UK trip).

My advice: clarify the purpose of your trip. Get your inlaw to transfer his funds to a current account. Or get the funds in your account and start petty trading as proof of your financial circumstance, so that you could travel as a Tourist who also intends to buy things for her business in UK. That looks a more plausible presentation of yourself.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by LondonCool(m): 6:56am On Aug 02, 2013
FrontPageLawyer:

Thank you vicjustice and oga justwise. I have decided to book a hotel in westminster or hyde park London. Am I good to go?

My friend, go to Travel lodge website and book their London hotels they are the most cheapest you can get. They also have hotels around Tower Bridge, Stratford , Blackfriars, Aldgate, Kings Cross, etc which are in Central London (apart from Stratford).

Get a proper convincing travel itinerary. E.g.
Day 1: Taking the Big Bus Tour around London
Day 2: Visiting Westminster- House of Parliament, Big Ben, Buckingham Palace, Change of Horse Guards,etc
Day 3: Visiting London Eye, London Acquarium and taking a Cruise across River Thames.
Day 4: Museum day- visiting Natural History Museum, Science Museum, etc
Day 5: Checking out Demons at the London Dungeon
Day 6: Shopping day : Shopping at Liverpool Street Market, East Street market , Oxford Circus, Westfield Shopping Centre. Window shopping at Harrods and Selfridges.
Day 7: Visit the Tate Modem Art Gallery, strolling by the Embarkment, locating Trafalgar Square. Jermyn Street is close by , so include shopping at TM Lewin, Hewes and Curtis and Savile Row tailors.
Day 8: Visiting Nigerian restaurants- 805, Wazobia Restaurant and Calabar Kitchen ( all along Old Kent Road).
Day 9: A visit to Emirates stadium ,etc

This is how a proper traveling itinerary looks like( no need to add visiting London Underground, lol).

Day 5 was only tongue-in-cheek, you can remove the Demons there.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by LondonCool(m): 7:02am On Aug 02, 2013
Teecov: Hello everyone, Is loan facilities from bank can be used as strong ties in Nigeria for visa application?
Vicjustice ur opinion pls

The ties relate to strong family ties like wife and children, or business ties - family business, or proof of landed property ( with title deeds).
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 7:36am On Aug 02, 2013
[quote author=LondonCool]

My friend, go to Travel lodge website and book their London hotels they are the most cheapest you can get. They also have hotels around Tower Bridge, Stratford , Blackfriars, Aldgate, Kings Cross, etc which are in Central London (apart from Stratford).

Day 2: Visiting Westminster- House of Parliament, Big Ben, Buckingham Palace, Change of Horse Guards,etc
Day 3: Visiting London Eye, London Acquarium and taking a Cruise across River Thames.
Day 6: Shopping day : Shopping at Liverpool Street Market, East Street market , Oxford Circus, Westfield Shopping Centre. Window shopping at Harrods and Selfridges.
Day 7: Visit the Tate Modem Art Gallery, strolling by the Embarkment, locating Trafalgar Square. Jermyn Street is close by , so include shopping at TM Lewin, Hewes and Curtis and Savile Row tailors.
Day 8: Visiting Nigerian restaurants- 805, Wazobia Restaurant and Calabar Kitchen ( all along Old Kent Road).

This is how a proper traveling itinerary looks like( no need to add visiting London Underground, lol).

Day 5 was only tongue-in-cheek, you can remove the Demons there. [/quote

And what more can i say. GOD bless you abundantly. I will never forget this
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 7:39am On Aug 02, 2013
LondonCool:

Day 5 was only tongue-in-cheek, you can remove the Demons there.

GOD bless you. I'm overwhelmed you could write all these.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 9:19am On Aug 02, 2013
taiwoliu: Hi bro, am trying to process for a visa but ran into a situation am not too clear with regarding d statement of account of sponsor to be used.
D acct has registered a constant balance of over 600k for more than 6months in d past, but it currently stands at a lower but constant balance of 300k. Is it still advisable to use d acct considering that it is lower than 600k or shld I get another acct?
You're using a sponsor who has N300k balance in his bank account statement and you expect the visa officer to believe that you'd be a genuine visitor to the UK?
That would be impossible even with the 600k. By the way, it is obvious that your sponsor will run out of cash.., that is not what the visa officer wants.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by LondonCool(m): 1:21pm On Aug 02, 2013
Vicjustice:
You're using a sponsor who has N300k balance in his bank account statement and you expect the visa officer to believe that you'd be a genuine visitor to the UK?
That would be impossible even with the 600k. By the way, it is obvious that your sponsor will run out of cash.., that is not what the visa officer wants.

Gbam! Right on the money.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by lovesavvi: 2:14pm On Aug 02, 2013
lovesavvi: Am I Good to go with d following document , my brother is inviting for 2 wks visiting nd is goin to send me d following document, invitation letter, payslips,copy of his international passport,his resident permit,tennancy agreement,utilitybills, letter dat his goin to accomodate me for dat period,my own document, bank statement with balance of 500k, my businees registration certificate, invoice dat I used to purchase d mkt, my own invoice dat I used to sell, tax clearance certificate, my business card.@ londoncool am I gud to go with dis? Can u also advice me on wat to add to dis? Waitin for ur reply sir
pls londoncool help me look into dis situation
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by feyi4luv: 3:55pm On Aug 02, 2013
My Brother inlaw(sponsor) has a current account wit gtb so he want to give me dat one to include wen re applyng bt as for my husband I dnt knw if including his pay slip will help he's a teacher.as for d accomodation I submitted hotel booking confirmation but dey dint return t
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by xexes89: 4:34pm On Aug 02, 2013
Hey guys...good day.
I hv been here since last yr,readin pple's coment n i must confess,u guys ar just d best.
Pls i hav some enquiries to mk n pls i need ur candid advice.
I applied for uk visa lik 2weeks ago,i got all my necesary documents.my cas leta,i hav paid 7000paunds out of 1008 paunds,i hav lik 2.1mill in my acct wich its been dey for more dan 28days n i submited d statement,i also submited my dad's statement as my sponsor and his acc has lik 4 times d amount dat in my acct,i hav my birth cert from population office indicatin my relationship wit him,he also gav me a cover leta clearly statin dat i am his son and he has been responsible for my education eva since n he is wilin to continue,i just finishd my nysc dis june and i am 24yrs old,i submited my bsc cer,nysc cert,my cisco cert,my transcript from my former uni,my cert from zoom technology india cos i ws dey after sch for a couple of months to do some IT certifications.i got a 6months visa den bt i spent only 4 months and 2 weeks,after my program,i returnd home.pls i am so tensed as i need dis visa so bad,pls wat do u tink ar my chances of getin d visa?...i jst need to talk to someone.tnx n God bless.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by igbankebabe: 4:47pm On Aug 02, 2013
^^^^ relax and pray for a good outcome. You submitted relevant documents and have a good case. You have paid the bulk of your tuition so that is a plus.

There is a UK thread for tier 4 visas. Go on there and calm down. Just a week more of waiting. Wish you the best
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by CaptJHMiller: 4:56pm On Aug 02, 2013
I am apply to a school in the uk and I was just asked if english is my first language, please what do I answer?

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (426)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.