Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,370 members, 7,781,009 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:24 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (133) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (977010 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by igbankebabe: 5:00pm On Aug 02, 2013
^^^^ like I just advised the previous poster, there is a thread for UK Tier 4 visas so it would do you good to go there instead. But to answer your question, English language is the official language for both educational and administrative platforms...so yes
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by CaptJHMiller: 5:03pm On Aug 02, 2013
^^Thanks brother.. I'll serch for that thread but if don't see it, I'll come back for help.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by oloriesther(f): 5:28pm On Aug 02, 2013
Vicjustice

Goodafter Vicjustice,

Please i was refuse a UK visa today. find attached my refusal letter. I applied for a tourist visa for 10days holiday. I submitted my 6months payslip and bank statement with account balance of 601K.I intend to reapply next week attached a letter of explaination to my application and my account bal now is 823k becos of the deposite of my july salary.
I need your candid advice opinion & guideline on how to go about it.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by oloriesther(f): 5:37pm On Aug 02, 2013
Goodafter Vicjustice,

Please i was refuse a UK visa today. find attached my refusal letter. I applied for a tourist visa for 10days holiday. I submitted my 6months payslip and bank statement with account balance of 601K.I intend to reapply next week attached a letter of explaination to my application and my account bal now is 823k becos of the deposite of my july salary.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by peggykorol(f): 10:22pm On Aug 02, 2013
@justwise thanks a lot.i have been able to get my return envelope back from the uk embassy Abuja.tho it wasn't immediate your help is greatly appreciated by me.ok now my problem now.my hubby got a job in Aberdeen for an oil and gas company.we were meant to relocate with him,the company was fully aware even the recruiter talking to my hubby on behalf of the company.now due to delays from the uk embassy to get my passport back we(my hubby,myself and daughter )couldn't apply for the visa together cause the company didn't want any more delays from him.so he applied first and he was granted a 3 years visa.the company wanted him to resume immediately and he told them to give him like one month more to inform the present company he is working for now that he was leaving as that was the agreement he signed on his employment letter,the company in uk said they couldn't wait any longer so they withdrew his employment contract.so now my hubby wants us to use this opportunity to travel down together and spend like 2 weeks.now me and my daughter don't have our Visa.how do we use my hubby's visa to tie into ours so we would be granted also.since the company turned him down the recruiter is no longer involved in processing ours.awaiting your reply.thanks a lot
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by LondonCool(m): 12:31am On Aug 03, 2013
lovesavvi: pls londoncool help me look into dis situation

Your brother needs to add his UK bank statement, a letter from his landlord giving him permission to temporarily accommodate another person in his house, and a copy of his employment contract.

I hope you are not using your business / company account for the N500,000 proof of funds? You need to show that you still have strong ties in Nigeria ( i.e family ties, business ties,etc).
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by LondonCool(m): 12:33am On Aug 03, 2013
feyi4luv: My Brother inlaw(sponsor) has a current account wit gtb so he want to give me dat one to include wen re applyng bt as for my husband I dnt knw if including his pay slip will help he's a teacher.as for d accomodation I submitted hotel booking confirmation but dey dint return t

The arrangements are not looking too good.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by LondonCool(m): 12:35am On Aug 03, 2013
xexes89: Hey guys...good day.
I hv been here since last yr,readin pple's coment n i must confess,u guys ar just d best.
Pls i hav some enquiries to mk n pls i need ur candid advice.
I applied for uk visa lik 2weeks ago,i got all my necesary documents.my cas leta,i hav paid 7000paunds out of 1008 paunds,i hav lik 2.1mill in my acct wich its been dey for more dan 28days n i submited d statement,i also submited my dad's statement as my sponsor and his acc has lik 4 times d amount dat in my acct,i hav my birth cert from population office indicatin my relationship wit him,he also gav me a cover leta clearly statin dat i am his son and he has been responsible for my education eva since n he is wilin to continue,i just finishd my nysc dis june and i am 24yrs old,i submited my bsc cer,nysc cert,my cisco cert,my transcript from my former uni,my cert from zoom technology india cos i ws dey after sch for a couple of months to do some IT certifications.i got a 6months visa den bt i spent only 4 months and 2 weeks,after my program,i returnd home.pls i am so tensed as i need dis visa so bad,pls wat do u tink ar my chances of getin d visa?...i jst need to talk to someone.tnx n God bless.

No disrespect mate, I'm finding it pretty difficult trying to decode your cryptic style of writing.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by LondonCool(m): 12:38am On Aug 03, 2013
Capt. JH Miller:
I am apply to a school in the uk and I was just asked if english is my first language, please what do I answer?

Is English actually your first language?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by lovesavvi: 3:47am On Aug 03, 2013
LondonCool:

Your brother needs to add his UK bank statement, a letter from his landlord giving him permission to temporarily accommodate another person in his house, and a copy of his employment contract.

I hope you are not using your business / company account for the N500,000 proof of funds? You need to show that you still have strong ties in Nigeria ( i.e family ties, business ties,etc).

Thanks sir,I will tell my brother to include those documents. Am using my persional saving acount and the account was running almost every weeks both inflow nd outflow. But am still single,hope dis will not affect d application as a strong tie to naija? Thanks sir
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by feyi4luv: 7:38am On Aug 03, 2013
Wat are the documents I need now to make the arrangement look good
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 8:34am On Aug 03, 2013
oloriesther: Vicjustice

Goodafter Vicjustice,

Though, I believe that I have perfect eyesight, not needing glasses, but these blurring scanned letter are really putting my eyes to test: I'm not willing to read through all.
However, I'm able to establish the reason(s) for the refusal and to predict the outcome of the application that you intend to put next. Look, if someone is refused a visa on the basis of financial circumstances, it is highly likely that s/he would be refused again if s/he applies again within a short time, and this is your case.
The visa officer can see that your intended trip will greatly affect your finance (you barely have enough money to fund the trip) and it is a very suspect that you wouldn't like to return to Nigeria where you would be left with no money to live on: thus compelling you to want to remain in the UK after your visa has expired.
Of course it is not impossible to get a visa with the amount that you have, but then, it would take the discretion of the visa officer to take your job and earnings into consideration and judge that they are good ties to make you want to return home: but you don't want to be at the mercy of the mood of a visa officer, therefore I like to encourage you to cancel your intention and apply again in due time (when your finance improves and is established) because, adding one more salary into your account will not make much of a difference therefore, I see yet another refusal if you apply instantly.
Cheers.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by LondonCool(m): 10:34am On Aug 03, 2013
lovesavvi: Thanks sir,I will tell my brother to include those documents. Am using my persional saving acount and the account was running almost every weeks both inflow nd outflow. But am still single,hope dis will not affect d application as a strong tie to naija? Thanks sir

A savings account is not supposed to be running nearly every week. It's primarily meant for savings. A current account is meant for that. The ECO assumes that funds in the savings account is not meant for spending but as a proof of financial stability( since they don't know how you got the savings). A current account shows the ECO a more clearer picture of your finances because they can verify your debit and credit transactions from your employment or business.

Did you remember a time the UK govt banned visa's from Nigerian applicants from the age range of 18-30 years? That was because of the trend of that age range overstaying their visit/ student visa's. Most of them are single with not much 'ties' to Nigeria. Hence, there is still a high tendency to refuse visa applications within this age range.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:33am On Aug 03, 2013
peggykorol: @justwise thanks a lot.i have been able to get my return envelope back from the uk embassy Abuja.tho it wasn't immediate your help is greatly appreciated by me.ok now my problem now.my hubby got a job in Aberdeen for an oil and gas company.we were meant to relocate with him,the company was fully aware even the recruiter talking to my hubby on behalf of the company.now due to delays from the uk embassy to get my passport back we(my hubby,myself and daughter )couldn't apply for the visa together cause the company didn't want any more delays from him.so he applied first and he was granted a 3 years visa.the company wanted him to resume immediately and he told them to give him like one month more to inform the present company he is working for now that he was leaving as that was the agreement he signed on his employment letter,the company in uk said they couldn't wait any longer so they withdrew his employment contract.so now my hubby wants us to use this opportunity to travel down together and spend like 2 weeks.now me and my daughter don't have our Visa.how do we use my hubby's visa to tie into ours so we would be granted also.since the company turned him down the recruiter is no longer involved in processing ours.awaiting your reply.thanks a lot

That will be a risky move, since the contract was cancelled, using that visa for other reason(s)is not a good idea, you people can apply for visitor's visa and use the opportunity to explain to the ECO about his change of circumstances. That will give his application more credibility than trying to use that visa for tourism.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by LondonCool(m): 10:06pm On Aug 03, 2013
peggykorol: @justwise thanks a lot.i have been able to get my return envelope back from the uk embassy Abuja.tho it wasn't immediate your help is greatly appreciated by me.ok now my problem now.my hubby got a job in Aberdeen for an oil and gas company.we were meant to relocate with him,the company was fully aware even the recruiter talking to my hubby on behalf of the company.now due to delays from the uk embassy to get my passport back we(my hubby,myself and daughter )couldn't apply for the visa together cause the company didn't want any more delays from him.so he applied first and he was granted a 3 years visa.the company wanted him to resume immediately and he told them to give him like one month more to inform the present company he is working for now that he was leaving as that was the agreement he signed on his employment letter,the company in uk said they couldn't wait any longer so they withdrew his employment contract.so now my hubby wants us to use this opportunity to travel down together and spend like 2 weeks.now me and my daughter don't have our Visa.how do we use my hubby's visa to tie into ours so we would be granted also.since the company turned him down the recruiter is no longer involved in processing ours.awaiting your reply.thanks a lot

Most likely your husband was granted a 3 year Tier 2(General) visa. If your husbands UK company have withdrawn their contract offer and your husband still has an Entry Clearance endorsed in his passport, the visa is no longer valid and your husband would be refused entry into the the UK by the IO on arrival. The employer is obliged to inform the UKBA that they have withdrawn the Tier 2 Certificate of Sponsorship that was given to your husband and it would have been logged into the immigration system for curtailment. He would also be refused entry for a change in purpose from the original reason for entry into UK. The appropriate thing to do is for the whole family to apply for a visit visa together. It's fraudulent to try to gain entry into UK on the wrong visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by signature2012(m): 12:44am On Aug 04, 2013
Good day all,plz what and wat will i need to get a UK tourist visa for 6months and the least of money i av to have in my account and if i will want to be there beyond my tourist period,what will i need to do,though i av an inlaw that has been in UK over 30years,on wat way can d person be of help to me in achieving this?justwise,vcjustice and london i need ur quick answers.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by LondonCool(m): 7:18am On Aug 04, 2013
signature2012: Good day all,plz what and wat will i need to get a UK tourist visa for 6months and the least of money i av to have in my account and if i will want to be there beyond my tourist period,what will i need to do,though i av an inlaw that has been in UK over 30years,on wat way can d person be of help to me in achieving this?justwise,vcjustice and london i need ur quick answers.

What is your purpose for visiting UK? What is your employment status in Nigeria? Why do you intend to stay in UK for 6 months as a Tourist? Why do you intend to overstay your 6 months visa? Can you satisfy the ECO that you are a genuine visitor to the UK? Your traveling intentions don't seem to be credible. You can easily go to the UKBA website and confirm the requirements for obtaining a visit visa there.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 7:39am On Aug 04, 2013
Hi LondonCool, Can i write out my traveling itinerary for a six days visit in a separate sheet of paper? i.e company's letterhead. Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by olu1234567(f): 10:41am On Aug 04, 2013
Hi note that if you stay beyond your visa you will be in breach of the immigration law and the offence is punishable by prison term , a fine or both. You might also be given a year ban, 5 years ban or 10 years ban for overstaying. Note that the ukba now are seriously against overstayers. Try to do the right thing by not overstaying as a visitor..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by olu1234567(f): 10:52am On Aug 04, 2013
oloriesther: Goodafter Vicjustice,

Hi oloriesther i have read your refusal letter although it isnt very clear from what i gathered asides from your salary other monies where deposited into your account can you explain how and who gave them to you,? That is what the eco picked up.. If you read the guidelines for your application, and on your application online form there is a place that stated do you get money from family and friends? Are those deposits from your family member eg your husband? Let me know i might be able to assist you i am a law student from A uni in England and i have be fortunate to deal with some immigration cases, including mine
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by olu1234567(f): 11:06am On Aug 04, 2013
xexes89: Hey guys...good day.
I hv been here since last yr,readin pple's coment n i must confess,u guys ar just d best.
Pls i hav some enquiries to mk n pls i need ur candid advice.
I applied for uk visa lik 2weeks ago,i got all my necesary documents.my cas leta,i hav paid 7000paunds out of 1008 paunds,i hav lik 2.1mill in my acct wich its been dey for more dan 28days n i submited d statement,i also submited my dad's statement as my sponsor and his acc has lik 4 times d amount dat in my acct,i hav my birth cert from population office indicatin my relationship wit him,he also gav me a cover leta clearly statin dat i am his son and he has been responsible for my education eva since n he is wilin to continue,i just finishd my nysc dis june and i am 24yrs old,i submited my bsc cer,nysc cert,my cisco cert,my transcript from my former uni,my cert from zoom technology india cos i ws dey after sch for a couple of months to do some IT certifications.i got a 6months visa den bt i spent only 4 months and 2 weeks,after my program,i returnd home.pls i am so tensed as i need dis visa so bad,pls wat do u tink ar my chances of getin d visa?...i jst need to talk to someone.tnx n God bless.

To the best of my knowledge you are fine as you have done what is required, however i hope you birth certificate is the original because if it isn't they can refuse you all document you provide must be original no photocopies, no scanned all original, bank statements must have bank address, bank stamps if its not the original, and must be signed. All i can advise you to do is pray for the best goodluck with your application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by LondonCool(m): 4:59pm On Aug 04, 2013
FrontPageLawyer: Hi LondonCool, Can i write out my traveling itinerary for a six days visit in a separate sheet of paper? i.e company's letterhead. Thank you

You can either write it on a separate sheet, or include it in the additional Information section on the form. Is your company the on sponsoring you? You don't need to use their letterheaded paper.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by signature2012(m): 8:42pm On Aug 04, 2013
[quote author=LondonCool]

What is your purpose for visiting UK? What is your employment status in Nigeria? Why do you intend to stay in UK for 6 months as a Tourist? Why do you intend to overstay your 6 months visa? Can you satisfy the ECO that you are a genuine visitor to the UK? Your traveling intentions don't seem to be credible. You can easily go to the UKBA website and confirm the requirements for obtaining a visit visa there.my employment status,ok i work in the banking industry and my aim is to go to UK and stay for as many as possible years.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by oluwaseun23(m): 3:04am On Aug 05, 2013
Firstly, i wanna commend all contributors of this thread. I've been reading in stealth mode, you guys rock.

I humbly seek your advice in sorting out my own case abeg cos i might just be the defination of a learner right here now. Thing is i've never been overseas before or nothing but I intend visiting the Uk to spend a month or two with girlfriend before the end of the year. She is white, full British citizen, financially doing well and more than willing to host and send me all documents needed to ease my application. Now my questions are: Under which visa type is best for me to apply bear in mind that we aren't engaged or married, just bf/gf thing. Secondly, since she's more than willing to foot the bills, do i still have submit financial documents from my own end cos i'm still a student who doesn't operate a current account, not employed so nothing like payslips, tax clearance etc. My saving account's closing balance at the moment is just about #100k accrued from normal street hustle.

Do i stand a chance at all as a first timer couple with my situation above, or what would you rather suggest i do?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by LondonCool(m): 6:27am On Aug 05, 2013
oluwaseun23: Firstly, i wanna commend all contributors of this thread. I've been reading in stealth mode, you guys rock.

I humbly seek your advice in sorting out my own case abeg cos i might just be the defination of a learner right here now. Thing is i've never been overseas before or nothing but I intend visiting the Uk to spend a month or two with girlfriend before the end of the year. She is white, full British citizen, financially doing well and more than willing to host and send me all documents needed to ease my application. Now my questions are: Under which visa type is best for me to apply bear in mind that we aren't engaged or married, just bf/gf thing. Secondly, since she's more than willing to foot the bills, do i still have submit financial documents from my own end cos i'm still a student who doesn't operate a current account, not employed so nothing like payslips, tax clearance etc. My saving account's closing balance at the moment is just about #100k accrued from normal street hustle.

Do i stand a chance at all as a first timer couple with my situation above, or what would you rather suggest i do?

You stand a chance of getting a visit visa (50/50), however your profile fits those who normally visit UK and refuse to return. Hence, the ECO would need to make a subjective call on your application. They may even make up reasons for your refusal just to back up their prejudice about your application.

You would need to explain in the Additional Information section of the Visa Application Form(VAF) how you met or know your UK friend/Sponsor. What exactly will you be doing in UK during the 1 or 2 month visit? (By the way, 2 months is a long time to visit- that's a 'red flag' for the ECO). You stated that your friend is 'financially doing well'. I know that that is a common Nigerian used phrase but its also relative and subjective. What exactly is she doing?

Finally, if I was an ECO I would be very concerned why the UK lady would be willing to sponsor the whole financial outlay of your trip( she's not even your Fiancee or Aunty). Most likely I can safely presume you haven't even met her face-to-face (another 'red flag'). I would also need to be satisfied that you have sufficient ties in Nigeria that would prove you'll be returning back to Naija after your visit. It's the ECO's call.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by oluwaseun23(m): 12:25pm On Aug 05, 2013
LondonCool:

You stand a chance of getting a visit visa (50/50), however your profile fits those who normally visit UK and refuse to return. Hence, the ECO would need to make a subjective call on your application. They may even make up reasons for your refusal just to back up their prejudice about your application.

You would need to explain in the Additional Information section of the Visa Application Form(VAF) how you met or know your UK friend/Sponsor. What exactly will you be doing in UK during the 1 or 2 month visit? (By the way, 2 months is a long time to visit- that's a 'red flag' for the ECO). You stated that your friend is 'financially doing well'. I know that that is a common Nigerian used phrase but its also relative and subjective. What exactly is she doing?

Finally, if I was an ECO I would be very concerned why the UK lady would be willing to sponsor the whole financial outlay of your trip( she's not even your Fiancee or Aunty). Most likely I can safely presume you haven't even met her face-to-face (another 'red flag'). I would also need to be satisfied that you have sufficient ties in Nigeria that would prove you'll be returning back to Naija after your visit. It's the ECO's call.

i appreciate the info bro. Obviously, the odds aren't in my favour as there too many red flags like you said. I might have exaggerated a bit about the projected duration of stay. Let say a 2-3weeks at most but i do not intend to over stay or abuse the system whatsover and oh yeah, you right we haven't met physically before. She's a part-time beauty consultant and single mom of one.

So does it make more sense for her to just come down to nigeria for now as an independent tourist or something while we meet and by so doing, we'll can establish a storyline that i may use later say next year in my own application when confronted with questions like how she and i met blah blah blah.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by LondonCool(m): 1:31pm On Aug 05, 2013
oluwaseun23:

i appreciate the info bro. Obviously, the odds aren't in my favour as there too many red flags like you said. I might have exaggerated a bit about the projected duration of stay. Let say a 2-3weeks at most but i do not intend to over stay or abuse the system whatsover and oh yeah, you right we haven't met physically before. She's a part-time beauty consultant and single mom of one.

So does it make more sense for her to just come down to nigeria for now as an independent tourist or something while we meet and by so doing, we'll can establish a storyline that i may use later say next year in my own application when confronted with questions like how she and i met blah blah blah.

She's just a friend you met online, why do you want her to leave her job and only son and visit you in Nigeria? You would want her to pay for her accommodation, transportation and feeding in Nigeria, abi? Who's the mugu? (remember she is not even your girlfriend or fiancee!!). Do you really want to visit her in UK (don't you have family or Nigerian friends in UK)? If she's not coming to Nigeria to get married to you, Oyibo ECO will not believe your storyline. If it smells like a rat, it must surely be a ...(complete the word).

If you can show proof that you do have sufficient ties to lure you back to Nigeria you may go ahead and apply for your visa(and enter dry fasting). However, there is too much 'serenpidity' in your case. Good luck (but dont waste your money on an Agent)!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by target007(m): 2:41pm On Aug 05, 2013
Hello Guys,

I need your help to analyse and advice about my friend's nephew application for a UK visitor visa to attend a training to be sponsored by his company.

He was given a letter of introduction detailing his position, type of employment, salary per year and also stating that they they will be sponsoring him to the one week course and the benefits of the training to him and the company. This is an IT organization.

But here are the wordings of the refusal:

In order to be able to make a decision on whether or not to grant you an entry clearance in this category I have taken into account your stated circumstances in Nigeria, the reasons for your visit and your proposed travel arrangements. You stated that you are employed as a software developer with XXXX limited earning N99K per month and that you have no family commitments. you also state you propose to travel alone to attend a course and have no friends or family in the UK. Given the statements you have made and the documentary evidence you have presented to support you application I am not satisfied that your circumstances in Nigeria, coupled with your reasons for wishing to travel to the UK, are such you have shown your intentions are stated or that you intend to leave the UK at the end of your proposed visit. I am therefore not satisfied that your application meets the requirements of paragraphs 41 (i) and (ii) of the immigration rules.

You have submitted a hotel booking for so so and so hotel via booking.com as evidence of accommodation in the UK. According to the website booking.com the hotel reservation has been cancelled. This leads me to doubt that your arranged accommodation is as claimed. therefore on the balance of probabilities, i am not satisfied that you will be maintained and accommodated in the UK without working or having recourse to public funds or are able to meet the cost of return or an onward journey as required by paragraph 41 (vi) and (vii) of HC395.

I have therefore refused your application because I am not satisfied, on the balance of probabilities, that you meet all of the requirements of the relevant paragraph of the UK immigration Rules.

I agree that the ECO has a point about the cancelled hotel bookings though but I would have thought that should have been the only ground for refusal but to start to make decisions based on the person's circumstances in Nigeria who is working and the company is sponsoring him...how can that be...I am fed up with this UK ECO's judgement.

Just before you ask me though...he submitted the following documents:
1. Letter of introduction from his company
2. Letter of awards of training from the training organization
3. To who it may concern letter from the training organization
4. Receipt of payment for the one week training

According to him he submitted his payslips, 6 statement of accounts and also financial statement form the company.

What should he do or what other documents should he need to re-apply, the training school has agreed to shift training to another date?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by oluwaseun23(m): 3:10pm On Aug 05, 2013
@Londoncool
If it smells like it, it's probably is right? Lol. We aren't just acquaintances tho, she's been my girlfriend for some months now. We text, call, skype and all that. The move to meet was initiated by her so it's not like i'm trying to play smart at all. Anyway, it's back to the drawing board to re-scheme. You've been very helpful, thanks brah.

P.s: I just lost two ribs to that dry fasting part hahaha.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by uchechuwku: 3:26pm On Aug 05, 2013
oluwaseun23: @Londoncool
If it smells like it, it's probably is right? Lol. We aren't just acquaintances tho, she's been my girlfriend for some months now. We text, call, skype and all that. The move to meet was initiated by her so it's not like i'm trying to play smart at all. Anyway, it's back to the drawing board to re-scheme. You've been very helpful, thanks brah.

Please, don't use that word "RE-SCHEME"
it is bad for your situation.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by LondonCool(m): 3:40pm On Aug 05, 2013
target007: Hello Guys,

I need your help to analyse and advice about my friend's nephew application for a UK visitor visa to attend a training to be sponsored by his company.

He was given a letter of introduction detailing his position, type of employment, salary per year and also stating that they they will be sponsoring him to the one week course and the benefits of the training to him and the company. This is an IT organization.

But here are the wordings of the refusal:

In order to be able to make a decision on whether or not to grant you an entry clearance in this category I have taken into account your stated circumstances in Nigeria, the reasons for your visit and your proposed travel arrangements. You stated that you are employed as a software developer with XXXX limited earning N99K per month and that you have no family commitments. you also state you propose to travel alone to attend a course and have no friends or family in the UK. Given the statements you have made and the documentary evidence you have presented to support you application I am not satisfied that your circumstances in Nigeria, coupled with your reasons for wishing to travel to the UK, are such you have shown your intentions are stated or that you intend to leave the UK at the end of your proposed visit. I am therefore not satisfied that your application meets the requirements of paragraphs 41 (i) and (ii) of the immigration rules.

You have submitted a hotel booking for so so and so hotel via booking.com as evidence of accommodation in the UK. According to the website booking.com the hotel reservation has been cancelled. This leads me to doubt that your arranged accommodation is as claimed. therefore on the balance of probabilities, i am not satisfied that you will be maintained and accommodated in the UK without working or having recourse to public funds or are able to meet the cost of return or an onward journey as required by paragraph 41 (vi) and (vii) of HC395.

I have therefore refused your application because I am not satisfied, on the balance of probabilities, that you meet all of the requirements of the relevant paragraph of the UK immigration Rules.

I agree that the ECO has a point about the cancelled hotel bookings though but I would have thought that should have been the only ground for refusal but to start to make decisions based on the person's circumstances in Nigeria who is working and the company is sponsoring him...how can that be...I am fed up with this UK ECO's judgement.

Just before you ask me though...he submitted the following documents:
1. Letter of introduction from his company
2. Letter of awards of training from the training organization
3. To who it may concern letter from the training organization
4. Receipt of payment for the one week training

According to him he submitted his payslips, 6 statement of accounts and also financial statement form the company.

What should he do or what other documents should he need to re-apply, the training school has agreed to shift training to another date?

Your friends nephew wanted to outsmart the ECO by cancelling his booking and ended up dribbling himself. That was a bit insincere of him do. What kind of 1 week course did he intend to do in UK that could not be done in Nigeria? The company wasn't a reputable one otherwise the ECO would have considered the companies resources and ability to financially facilitate the training in UK (irrespective of whether he has family ties in Nigeria or not).
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by LondonCool(m): 3:42pm On Aug 05, 2013
oluwaseun23: @Londoncool

Cyber-Girlfriend? Abi na e-hugs and e-kisses you dey give am?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (426)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.