Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,303 members, 7,808,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:30 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (139) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (980235 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:03pm On Aug 16, 2013
Connoisseur: Hello Justwise
I know you guys are skeptical given the prevalence of fraud online. But I think banning any sort of outside communnication isnt helping us either. All am sayiing is for you to find a way we can contact you outside here (i dont mind paying) cos there are details that shouldnt be posted on open forum like dis.
just my thoughts

You can do without posting any personal details here, there is nothing about getting a visa that is secrete. Lets keep it open for the sake of transparency
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:05pm On Aug 16, 2013
k2joye: I need your evaluation house
I want to apply for UK business visa. I have a company here in Nigeria fully registerd.I have even travelled to Indai for my postgraduate studies. Presently I have a US student visa that will expire in 2015-
I defer my admision purposely on the conference am going for in UK. Let me know my chances house

List the documents you will be submitting
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by DisGuy: 10:26pm On Aug 16, 2013
justwise:

You can do without posting any personal details here, there is nothing about getting a visa that is secrete. Lets keep it open for the sake of transparency

and so other people can learn from it
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by k2joye: 10:34pm On Aug 16, 2013
CAC certificate, letter of invitation,hotel reservation for 5 days, bank statement(company and personal),share certificate,email correspondence,board resolution,tax reciept,my company profile
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:09pm On Aug 16, 2013
justwise:

"There is nothing about getting a visa that is secret" EXCELLENT!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by k2joye: 6:36am On Aug 17, 2013
justwise:

List the documents you will be submitting

I am waiting for your reply justwise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by icecream251: 7:33am On Aug 17, 2013
justwise:
Your chances are very remote, you can't proof any strong tie to Nigeria.

Pls.y do u say so...I'll b waitin 4 ur kind reply

Pls wat tie do I supose to use
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by k2joye: 7:51am On Aug 17, 2013
CAC certificate, letter of invitation,hotel reservation for 5 days, bank statement(company and personal),share certificate,email correspondence,board resolution,tax reciept,my company profile
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:20am On Aug 17, 2013
k2joye: CAC certificate, letter of invitation,hotel reservation for 5 days, bank statement(company and personal),share certificate,email correspondence,board resolution,tax reciept,my company profile

Your list looks good, its now depends on how healthy your company and personal bank account are.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Connoisseur(m): 9:22am On Aug 17, 2013
justwise:

Ok bosses

now i want to reapply. I guess i didnt explain my cicumstances very well in the first application. It dosent mean i lied when i said i make 350k monthly, its just that i dont make any payments to myself. every profit is plunged back into the business.
also my personal account isnt really personal, some customers are choosy about the banks they pay into due to availability,crowd issues and all.
Now how do i answer the question of how much i earn and how do i make my personal account reflect that cos i see this is the basis on which my app was refused?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:24am On Aug 17, 2013
icecream251:

Pls.y do u say so...I'll b waitin 4 ur kind reply

Pls wat tie do I supose to use

You got no strong source of income....not employed/business owner,no investment, not married, there is nothing that will persuade you to come back to Nigeria if given a visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:54am On Aug 17, 2013
Connoisseur:

Ok bosses

now i want to reapply. I guess i didnt explain my cicumstances very well in the first application. It dosent mean i lied when i said i make 350k monthly, its just that i dont make any payments to myself. every profit is plunged back into the business.
also my personal account isnt really personal, some customers are choosy about the banks they pay into due to availability,crowd issues and all.
Now how do i answer the question of how much i earn and how do i make my personal account reflect that cos i see this is the basis on which my app was refused?

I don't think you should be in a hurry to reapply, you need to sort out the discrepancies between your business account and personal account, open a business account and separate business from personal account. Explaining alone is not good enough without paper evidence to demonstrate what you are explaining

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:56am On Aug 17, 2013
Dis Guy:

and so other people can learn from it

That is exactly the point i'm trying to make all along.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Connoisseur(m): 10:03am On Aug 17, 2013
justwise:

I don't think you should be in a hurry to reapply, you need to sort out the discrepancies between your business account and personal account, open a business account and separate business from personal account. Explaining alone is not good enough without paper evidence to demonstrate what you are explaining

at the time of my application, I had 700k naira in my personal acc and £16k in a personal dom account. the eco overlooked the dom acc and focused on the naira account. are dom accounts not considered during evaluations?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by k2joye: 10:08am On Aug 17, 2013
Thanks for the reply. About 1M in my corporate accout and 400 plus in my personal savings. I want you look it in my US student visa point of view. Will you think they will issue me UK Visavisa base on the fact that I will be living UK for US for my studies
justwise:

Your list looks good, its now depends on how healthy your company and personal bank account are.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:13am On Aug 17, 2013
Connoisseur:

at the time of my application, I had 700k naira in my personal acc and £16k in a personal dom account. the eco overlooked the dom acc and focused on the naira account. are dom accounts not considered during evaluations?

Clamming that you earn N350 a month without any clear evidence of that is a wrong idea, you have naira and dom accounts but which one of those is business or personal account? The focus will be more on your personal account as business account acts as your tie to Nigeria than anything else
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:15am On Aug 17, 2013
k2joye: Thanks for the reply. About 1M in my corporate accout and 400 plus in my personal savings. I want you look it in my US student visa point of view. Will you think they will issue me UK Visavisa base on the fact that I will be living UK for US for my studies

Are you going to buy anything for your business in the UK?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by k2joye: 10:21am On Aug 17, 2013
No. Just a 2 days conference
justwise:

Are you going to buy anything for your business in the UK?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:50am On Aug 17, 2013
k2joye: No. Just a 2 days conference

Basically how much is your company making in a year?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by k2joye: 12:11pm On Aug 17, 2013
8-10M
justwise:

Basically how much is your company making in a year?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:10pm On Aug 17, 2013
k2joye: 8-10M

Ok, as long as that is clear on your tax certificate then you will be fine.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by k2joye: 2:13pm On Aug 17, 2013
Cheers! I'll get back to you.
justwise:

Ok, as long as that is clear on your tax certificate then you will be fine.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 10:28pm On Aug 17, 2013
Una well done everi body.

Abeg I need help from a UK immigration lawyer o

My friend want to go to UK but he was deported frm there ova 10 years ago.

Pls advice
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Raphel2011: 2:35am On Aug 18, 2013
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Raphel2011: 2:36am On Aug 18, 2013
Hi everyone, first ill like to appreciate the contributions and advice of everyone on this forum. God bless y'all.
I would like to know the processing time to renew uk visiting visa from lagos. I applied on the 5th of this month.
The truth of the matter is I'm kinda scared for some strange reasons. Some of the documents we submitted are:
My dad's statement of account showing he gets a pension of 350k every month and the balance on that account is about 400k. The balance in his other account is 1m. We included some agreements btw him and some of his tenants as well as evaluation cert from jide taiwo stating his 3 buildings worth over 130m. I also included my statement of account that shows I have about 9k dirhams(360k naira), my transcrip, and my school I.d just to show that I live in dubai and I won't wanna stay in their country. I and my fam go to the uk twice every year since 2004 and our previous visa's was 2yrs(2 times) and 5 years that expired 2 months ago. One of the things that bothers me is that in my mum's form, we stated there that she is supported by spouse who earns pension of 350k and rents of over 4m annually. Do you think we would have any problem with the visa renewal?
Any inputs would be appreciated.
Thanks for d anticipated reply.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:08am On Aug 18, 2013
Raphel2011: Hi everyone, first ill like to appreciate the contributions and advice of everyone on this forum. God bless y'all.
I would like to know the processing time to renew uk visiting visa from lagos. I applied on the 5th of this month.
The truth of the matter is I'm kinda scared for some strange reasons. Some of the documents we submitted are:
My dad's statement of account showing he gets a pension of 350k every month and the balance on that account is about 400k. The balance in his other account is 1m. We included some agreements btw him and some of his tenants as well as evaluation cert from jide taiwo stating his 3 buildings worth over 130m. I also included my statement of account that shows I have about 9k dirhams(360k naira), my transcrip, and my school I.d just to show that I live in dubai and I won't wanna stay in their country. I and my fam go to the uk twice every year since 2004 and our previous visa's was 2yrs(2 times) and 5 years that expired 2 months ago. One of the things that bothers me is that in my mum's form, we stated there that she is supported by spouse who earns pension of 350k and rents of over 4m annually. Do you think we would have any problem with the visa renewal?

Who sponsored the previous visa applications?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Raphel2011: 9:16am On Aug 18, 2013
justwise:

Who sponsored the previous visa applications?

My dad
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 12:30pm On Aug 18, 2013
Raphel2011: Hi everyone, first ill like to appreciate the contributions and advice of everyone on this forum. God bless y'all.
Though your dad seems to be wealthy in properties and his income is impressive, but i see some problem with the figure of cash available to him.
Under normal circumstances, it is normal for your visa application to be refused (with such available fund which the visa officer may be concerned about as it is not logical for a father with a combine sum of N1.4m to vastly spend the money on a son's visit to the UK especially when he has other children and responsibilities to attend to). But looking into your travel history and the credibility that you (and your family) have earned over the years, the visa officer may want to give you the benefit of doubt: but don't be surprised if the visa is refused this time.
But why do people always ask "how long it takes" after submitting an application?
The fact is, whether you are anxious or not; whether you ask the question or not; whether it is answered or not; whether the time is short or long, nothing can change anything, and the time that it would take an embassy to decide your application can not be influenced: So, i would say, IT TAKES AS LONG AS IT TAKES, and as long as it takes to apply for a fresh tourist visa: usually between 2 weeks and 2 months.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by StephGirl: 5:50pm On Aug 18, 2013
Hello Justwise and Vicjustice...I would be glad if someone would answer my query.
I am currently doing my PhD in the UK on a tier4 visa till 2016. I recently got married to a tier2 immigrant and would like to change to his dependant to save school fees costs especially. Unfortunately I have to do this in Nigeria. I plan to do this from Abuja soon.
My questions are:
1. Does the priority visa service apply to tier 2 dependants as well? I checked vac website and saw that tier 4 cannot use it, but nothing said for tier 2.
2. Assuming 1 is not possible, what is the expected processing time?
3. The visa fee should be paid at a Sterling bank as stated on their website, or has this changed?
4. A designated person can collect the visa when issued right?
5. If for whatever reason the visa is denied, what will happen to my current permit. Will it be cancelled?

Hope to hear a response soon.
Regards...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 8:10pm On Aug 18, 2013
StephGirl: Hello Justwise and Vicjustice...I would be glad if someone would answer my query.
I am currently doing my PhD in the UK on a tier4 visa till 2016. I recently got married to a tier2 immigrant and would like to change to his dependant to save school fees costs especially. Unfortunately I have to do this in Nigeria. I plan to do this from Abuja soon.
My questions are:
1. Does the priority visa service apply to tier 2 dependants as well? I checked vac website and saw that tier 4 cannot use it, but nothing said for tier 2.
2. Assuming 1 is not possible, what is the expected processing time?
3. The visa fee should be paid at a Sterling bank as stated on their website, or has this changed?
4. A designated person can collect the visa when issued right?
5. If for whatever reason the visa is denied, what will happen to my current permit. Will it be cancelled?

Hope to hear a response soon.
Regards...
For question 1, 2, 3 and 5, i think you're in a very good position and location to get first-hand information from the office of the people concerned: i say this because, you are currently in the UK.
As for question 4, the answer is (normally) NO because, under the data protection acts, it is not legitimate for a government office to give a person's documents with personal data to another person except in circumstances where legal representation is officially acceptable. A breach of this would mean a breach of your rights which may entitle you to taking legal actions.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 11:36pm On Aug 18, 2013
good evening everyone.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 7:58am On Aug 19, 2013
Darla: good evening everyone. Please I have a question concerning the FAMILY VISITORS UK visa. I have all the necessary documents from my brother who works and has a family in England. I have been ill for almost 6months and before that,I worked for a company with lots of financial issues. Due to my illness, someone else was emplyed in my place. He wants me to come over and rest for a while. The change of environment will help me recover better. However,the issue is with convincing the authorities I will be coming back . I am only applying for a 6months visa. I don't have a job and d last payment to my account from this company was in January. I am not married. I am not a student. My last visa app was in 2010 as a student. Please I need ur advice. Thank u.
You're asking for advice on how to achieve something that is not to be. I believe you know too well that your narrated circumstances do not qualify you for a visa: First of all, your reason(s) for wanting to travel to the UK does not hold water, and you neither have job nor finance to fulfill the requirements: not even a naive visa officer will see you deserving a visa.

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.