Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,017 members, 7,799,472 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:01 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (172) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (979415 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by adehiabhi: 7:32pm On Nov 23, 2013
justwise:

You will either receive an email or your package will be delivered by a postman depending on where you made the application (Nigeria or the UK)

justwise thanks! The application was made in nigeria so what do I e¤pect?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:02pm On Nov 23, 2013
adehiabhi:

justwise thanks! The application was made in nigeria so what do I e¤pect?

Email or a phone call
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dideoluayantund: 9:19pm On Nov 23, 2013
@ Just wise many thanks.The application was made in Jordan.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by cookies: 9:10am On Nov 25, 2013
Good morning Nairalanders!

ATTN: Vicjustice/Justwise, please my good people can you throw more light on the new Uk Visa application process, the site is up now but some boxes don't contain most answers and i'm unable to load the next page to continue its really frustrating me & this application is very urgent. pls help!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:00am On Nov 25, 2013
cookies: Good morning Nairalanders!

ATTN: Vicjustice/Justwise, please my good people can you throw more light on the new Uk Visa application process, the site is up now but some boxes don't contain most answers and i'm unable to load the next page to continue its really frustrating me & this application is very urgent. pls help!
In most cases, it is not the website or the system that is giving problem, it is more likely to be the device that you are using or the processing speed/capability of your internet connection.
Perhaps you need to delete all cookies, cache and even saved data & history and then try the website again. If this doesn't work, then you might consider using a standard pc with adequate processing internet speed
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by d2ddayo(m): 1:05pm On Nov 25, 2013
Vicjustice:
How did you manage to avoid stating your parents nationality?
I'm asking because I'm aware of the segment that deals with parents information.
Well, if you lied about your parents nationality, or you gave a partial true answer, that action may qualify deception: therefore, i am honestly of the opinion that you might have gotten into trouble by deliberately withholding the information regarding your parents nationality: be advised that the UK and the ROI share same database and therefore enforce same regulations, so, if the rules are implemented correctly, you could be carrying the 10 years ban.

Actually what happened is that i didnt write my dad resides in ireland because i now ve a stepdad who is my sponsor and he paid for all my trips back then until my last application which by then, my dad and i ve been communicating and i was ready to meet him after like 14 years, i dont see how that was deception, which was actually "written as". nways after that, i was told to reapply but i still havent like i earlier said till whenever i am ready. now my argument with uk and irish embassy if they raise this issue is, " is it ever not possible not to know anything about my biological dad when i do have a stepfather who had been the one with me for all these years. what is ur take on this people thank you vicjustice and justwise, i await your reply.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by d2ddayo(m): 1:18pm On Nov 25, 2013
jcaribie:

Exactly!!!!!!
Actually what happened is that i didnt write my dad resides in ireland because i now ve a stepdad who is my sponsor and he paid for all my trips back then until my last application which by then, my dad and i ve been communicating and i was ready to meet him after like 14 years, i dont see how that was deception, which was actually "written as". nways after that, i was told to reapply but i still havent like i earlier said till whenever i am ready. now my argument with uk and irish embassy if they raise this issue is, " is it ever not possible not to know anything about my biological dad when i do have a stepfather who had been the one with me for all these years. what is ur take on this people thank you vicjustice and justwise, i await your reply.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Asorock1: 5:43pm On Nov 26, 2013
I tracked my UK visa application today and the status says "processed passport is in transit to the UK visa operation center." Please house what is the meaning of that I'm just wondering cos is just 6 working days, beside my employer hasn't received any call from the embassy yet to verify my employment.
Is it normal for applications to be processed so fast and does it have any significant
Vicjustice, justwise, funkybaby and other members reply please.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:53pm On Nov 26, 2013
Asorock 1: I tracked my UK visa application today and the status says "processed passport is in transit to the UK visa operation center." Please house what is the meaning of that I'm just wondering cos is just 6 working days, beside my employer hasn't received any call from the embassy yet to verify my employment.
Is it normal for applications to be processed so fast and does it have any significant
Vicjustice, justwise, funkybaby and other members reply please.

It means that your passport will be ready for collection anytime from tomorrow, it does not mean you have been given or refused, you will only know that when you open the package.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:54pm On Nov 26, 2013
dideoluayantund: @ Just wise many thanks.The application was made in Jordan.

Have you called or email them to find out?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Asorock1: 6:14pm On Nov 26, 2013
justwise:

It means that your passport will be ready for collection anytime from tomorrow, it does not mean you have been given or refused, you will only know that when you open the package.

Thanks justwise for the prompt reply, please is it common for applications to be processed so fast, I have been following the thread and haven't seen similar case
Again being my first time application, is it possible to reach a decision without verification yet, cos i was expecting them to get to my employer, and then I used a hotel reservation.
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Dramadiddy(m): 7:42pm On Nov 26, 2013
yea justwise how do u track ur application cus i alredi suscribed for text notifications or cant settlement applications be tracked?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by jcaribie: 10:47pm On Nov 26, 2013
d2ddayo: Actually what happened is that i didnt write my dad resides in ireland because i now ve a stepdad who is my sponsor and he paid for all my trips back then until my last application which by then, my dad and i ve been communicating and i was ready to meet him after like 14 years, i dont see how that was deception, which was actually "written as". nways after that, i was told to reapply but i still havent like i earlier said till whenever i am ready. now my argument with uk and irish embassy if they raise this issue is, " is it ever not possible not to know anything about my biological dad when i do have a stepfather who had been the one with me for all these years. what is ur take on this people thank you vicjustice and justwise, i await your reply.

Get a birth certificate which names him as your biological dad, along with a letter from him that you guys just got to know each other after a long time. If there is no birth certificate naming him, get him to swear to an affidavit that he is your biological father, but he has been absent for a long time. Cheers
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ayobj: 9:14am On Nov 27, 2013
i was at the vfs centre in ikeja yesterday.picked the visa application of my wards-my 3 kids and mynyounger sister.on opening the package,we found out hat the children were granted and my sister was denied.
the kids were in the uk 2 years ago.my sis never been to Britain.went to south africa for training 6 years ago.

reason were insufficient funds despite submitting pay slips,bank statement and letter from place of work stating salary of 100k.i put it there i will sponsor partly.the husband also put his statement although weak.
first,she was not recognized as my sister.the refusal letter stated she was my colleague and asked why she was to be with us at the UK.
we had our birth certificates,marriage certificates and had a similar cover letter with my children.
she is 30 years old,does not preclude assistance from siblings.

a lawyer offered us to write for a review to the UK high commission. Does that make sense?
how do we correct these issues in a few weeks.
we billed to travel by christmas!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dideoluayantund: 9:53am On Nov 27, 2013
@ Just wise. I haven't i choose to wait till it last long.I am following the trends of things on the thread here assuming that its still ok if i wait.many thanks to you for your response though.This is a great work you guys are doing here.Our government will not do this for free.Its such a good spirit. I love you guys.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 12:02pm On Nov 27, 2013
ayobj: i was at the vfs centre in ikeja yesterday.picked the visa application of my wards-my 3 kids and mynyounger sister.on opening the package,we found out hat the children were granted and my sister was denied.
the kids were in the uk 2 years ago.my sis never been to Britain.went to south africa for training 6 years ago.

reason were insufficient funds despite submitting pay slips,bank statement and letter from place of work stating salary of 100k.i put it there i will sponsor partly.the husband also put his statement although weak.
first,she was not recognized as my sister.the refusal letter stated she was my colleague and asked why she was to be with us at the UK.
we had our birth certificates,marriage certificates and had a similar cover letter with my children.
she is 30 years old,does not preclude assistance from siblings.

a lawyer offered us to write for a review to the UK high commission. Does that make sense?
how do we correct these issues in a few weeks.
we billed to travel by christmas!
As a 30 years old married adult, she is expected to be capable of self sustainability (without a sponsor), and if anyone must sponsor her, then the person should be her spouse: any other sponsorship is questionable.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:07pm On Nov 27, 2013
Asorock 1:

Thanks justwise for the prompt reply, please is it common for applications to be processed so fast, I have been following the thread and haven't seen similar case
Again being my first time application, is it possible to reach a decision without verification yet, cos i was expecting them to get to my employer, and then I used a hotel reservation.
Thanks

If there is no need to contact your employer or the hotel they will not contact them, its not uncommon for them to process application that fast
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:11pm On Nov 27, 2013
Dramadiddy: yea justwise how do u track ur application cus i alredi suscribed for text notifications or cant settlement applications be tracked?

Since you subscribed to the email alert then you will receive email alert when your application is ready
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:17pm On Nov 27, 2013
dideoluayantund: @ Just wise. I haven't i choose to wait till it last long.I am following the trends of things on the thread here assuming that its still ok if i wait.many thanks to you for your response though.This is a great work you guys are doing here.Our government will not do this for free.Its such a good spirit. I love you guys.

They have many ways of notifying applicants when their passport is ready, in the UK you get no notification, the post man will bring your package when its ready,in Nigeria they will text or email you, i guess its the same in your country? Whichever way you don.t have to worry, when its ready you will be informed.

Thanks for your kind words, we try to help each other as much as we can

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by d2ddayo(m): 5:05pm On Nov 27, 2013
jcaribie:

Get a birth certificate which names him as your biological dad, along with a letter from him that you guys just got to know each other after a long time. If there is no birth certificate naming him, get him to swear to an affidavit that he is your biological father, but he has been absent for a long time. Cheers
thanks for your response. now i am also thinking should i just reapply to ireland first and get all my documents so to face irish embassy before i apply to uk. my dad will be coming to nigeria this december and we can get to write the embassy. but now the question is, even if i apply now, i am working and am well over age, 28, will i still be allowed to use a sponsors bank statement like my office or my stepfather who had been the one sponsoring all my trips and all. reason being that i dont ve a good bank statement.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by jcaribie: 5:27pm On Nov 27, 2013
d2ddayo:

thanks for your response. now i am also thinking should i just reapply to ireland first and get all my documents so to face irish embassy before i apply to uk. my dad will be coming to nigeria this december and we can get to write the embassy. but now the question is, even if i apply now, i am working and am well over age, 28, will i still be allowed to use a sponsors bank statement like my office or my stepfather who had been the one sponsoring all my trips and all. reason being that i dont ve a good bank statement.

Yes you would.. your dad has to write a sponsorship letter to that effect.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:01pm On Nov 27, 2013
d2ddayo: hi forum, though ve always shied away from this uk visa thread, but i thnk its best i just ask n know! i want to know if it is advisable for me to apply for a uk visa after i was denied an irish visa 2yrs ago? my story originated thus: i ve been travelling to ireland for like 5 times in 5years alongside germany and france and ve never over stayed or bridged any immigration laws except for my last application which i was refused with the major reason of "DECEIT". Was told that i didnt disclose that my father resides in ireland.... after then, i just didnt bother appealing or anything, instead i went to france emb, applied and was given like wise italian embassy went and returned as i have always done. now i am thinking of applying for a uk visa for a visit visa and maybe later this year, i might apply for ireland again as i was advised by the consular,that i will apply afresh if ever i want to and state my reasons and defend my self. please house what is your advice to my application to uk embassy, do they check in for each other or what? thanks
Like I explained previously, the UK and the Republic Of Ireland shares same immigration database and therefore, I am of the opinion that you have been banned for 10 years
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:06pm On Nov 27, 2013
jcaribie:

Why are you encouraging him to get into a fight that he can never win? He has been banned for 10 years, therefore, your advice is invalid. Please, take no offence at this, the truth has to be said.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by jcaribie: 11:13pm On Nov 27, 2013
Vicjustice:
Why are you encouraging him to get into a fight that he can never win? He has been banned for 10 years, therefore, your advice is invalid. Please, take no offence at this, the truth has to be said.

He will. One thing about the UKBA is honesty and evidence. He'll be fine.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:27pm On Nov 27, 2013
jcaribie:
He will. One thing about the UKBA is honesty and evidence. He'll be fine.
The consequence for "DECEIT" is a 10 years ban, I am stating this according to the rule; but by what rule are you saying that "he'll be fine"? This is only by hope.
Unfortunately, it is too late for that now, they don't give a second chance and forgiveness is not in an embassy's dictionary.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by jcaribie: 11:47pm On Nov 27, 2013
Vicjustice:
The consequence for "DECEIT" is a 10 years ban, I am stating this according to the rule; but by what rule are you saying that "he'll be fine"? This is only by hope.
Unfortunately, it is too late for that now, they don't give a second chance and forgiveness is not in an embassy's dictionary.

I'm not asking him to deceive them. I said he should go and swear to an affidavit along with his dad. How is that deceit bro?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 12:33am On Nov 28, 2013
jcaribie:

I'm not asking him to deceive them. I said he should go and swear to an affidavit along with his dad. How is that deceit bro?
It seems you have not been following his post and therefore you are giving him advice on the situation that you are not familiar with.
The guy (d2ddayo) had been refused a visa, and by his own admission, he was refused on the ground of "DECEIT". By regulation, this offence carries a 10 years ban... And you are advising him to go for affidavits and all sort of invalid solutions?
Refer to this quote of his:
d2ddayo: hi forum, though ve always shied away from this uk visa thread, but i thnk its best i just ask n know! i want to know if it is advisable for me to apply for a uk visa after i was denied an irish visa 2yrs ago? my story originated thus: i ve been travelling to ireland for like 5 times in 5years alongside germany and france and ve never over stayed or bridged any immigration laws except for my last application which i was refused with the major reason of "DECEIT". Was told that i didnt disclose that my father resides in ireland.... after then, i just didnt bother appealing or anything, instead i went to france emb, applied and was given like wise italian embassy went and returned as i have always done. now i am thinking of applying for a uk visa for a visit visa and maybe later this year, i might apply for ireland again as i was advised by the consular,that i will apply afresh if ever i want to and state my reasons and defend my self. please house what is your advice to my application to uk embassy, do they check in for each other or what? thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by d2ddayo(m): 1:43am On Nov 28, 2013
Vicjustice:
It seems you have not been following his post and therefore you are giving him advice on the situation that you are not familiar with.
The guy (d2ddayo) had been refused a visa, and by his own admission, he was refused on the ground of "DECEIT". By regulation, this offence carries a 10 years ban... And you are advising him to go for affidavits and all sort of invalid solutions?
after the occurrence, i was told to reapply by an inside person at the irish embassy but i haven't. if i was, the person wont ve told me to because the person is close to the family. the person said i should ve told him/her before i submitted my application in which he/ she would ve reviewed my documents or better still, handled my documents. by the way, its Ireland not uk embassy am talking about here. the only problem i am having is that i should ve made him/ her know before submitting my application.now what i am thinking is wait till my dad comes december for the reunion, then we go to abuja to find out what ca be done. and maybe apply to the irish embassy first before facing the uk embassy. i didn't lie about my father's location, quite alryt i heard he is in Ireland but there was no certainty that he is bcus he had and my mom had been separated and a stepfather had been involved whom had been the one taking responsibility for my upkeep. i only revamped my reunion with my dad at that period which i then added him on the form. its all about proofs. my whole record with them should prrof that that my stepfather had been the one and at anytime, i could decide to reunite with my dad or anyone.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by jcaribie: 1:57am On Nov 28, 2013
Vicjustice:

My brother, I'm sorry. I didn't read the full story: just read it now. I take back the advice. He actually has been banned for 10 years.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 9:01am On Nov 28, 2013
d2ddayo:
after the occurrence, i was told to reapply by an inside person at the irish embassy but i haven't. if i was, the person wont ve told me to because the person is close to the family. the person said i should ve told him/her before i submitted my application in which he/ she would ve reviewed my documents or better still, handled my documents. by the way, its Ireland not uk embassy am talking about here. the only problem i am having is that i should ve made him/ her know before submitting my application.now what i am thinking is wait till my dad comes december for the reunion, then we go to abuja to find out what ca be done. and maybe apply to the irish embassy first before facing the uk embassy. i didn't lie about my father's location, quite alryt i heard he is in Ireland but there was no certainty that he is bcus he had and my mom had been separated and a stepfather had been involved whom had been the one taking responsibility for my upkeep. i only revamped my reunion with my dad at that period which i then added him on the form. its all about proofs. my whole record with them should prrof that that my stepfather had been the one and at anytime, i could decide to reunite with my dad or anyone.
I can only wonder why anyone would tell you to reapply for the visa knowing fully well that you were refused on the ground of "DECEIT". Well, you can reapply if you want to bin your money and waste your time.

By the way, I insist that whether the UK or Ireland, the two countries shares same immigration database:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnT5aq0vx_Y
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 9:02am On Nov 28, 2013
jcaribie:

My brother, I'm sorry. I didn't read the full story: just read it now. I take back the advice. He actually has been banned for 10 years.
Thank you for your understanding wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) ... (426)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.