Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,898 members, 7,806,627 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:19 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (358) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (980074 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by blessedfavoured: 2:38pm On Jul 13, 2015
nelli:

I said not always true,you where lucky doesn't mean someone else would be,what ill advise a person who might be in that position to do is show evidence of coming back 4 nysc or employment after sch,have seen several cases whre ppl got refused for that.that's my work u

lol regular travelers to the uk that i know personally all got 2 years in final year. i was also not sure and i waited for all of them to renew before i put in my application. And they all got it. because we (like 5 of us) knew we would all be jobless till its time for masters and no one wanted to risk submitting application during nysc or when you are jobless.

So i don't really think i was lucky. Im not a travel agent o, but i know 5 people me, my brother and friends that did that.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by blessedfavoured: 2:42pm On Jul 13, 2015
nelli:

I said not always true,you where lucky doesn't mean someone else would be,what ill advise a person who might be in that position to do is show evidence of coming back 4 nysc or employment after sch,have seen several cases whre ppl got refused for that.that's my work u

and what evidence can you put in to show you are coming back for NYSC when you've not even done your final exam, you get call up letter max a week to Orientation camp and how do you prove to have a Job waiting without your final results. the only jobs you can get will be a 50000(max) job which is not a good enough tie.
you travel agents do too much.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nelli(f): 2:51pm On Jul 13, 2015
OGreene:
Pls who can answer this? I really don't want to make an 'honest mistake' again when I have many experienced people here embarassed

What kinda visa are you applying for?if its tourist that's fine you don't have to know anybody in the uk.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by blessedfavoured: 3:40pm On Jul 13, 2015
keyman0007:
pls my sister is abt to apply for uk tier 4 visa, she has used my dad as sponsor and he has given her is bank statement.

Now my worry, he hasnt transacted in the account since februaury this year. however the money in the account is very suffcicient for her tution and upkeep.

You knw hw dormiciary account is, it is nt something we use daily, hwoever the account is active.

Someone told her she may be rejected for this reason, i will like to knw if this is true based on exeprience.

I have tried convincing my dad but he is too strong headed to accept.

what do the people in the house think

may be deposit 10usd just to show the account is still active, i read something like this on the students visa thread, not sure tho. A reference letter from the bank manager might help too.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jul 13, 2015
blessedfavoured:

may be deposit 10usd just to show the account is still active, i read something like this on the students visa thread, not sure tho. A reference letter from the bank manager might help too.

Even if i deposit money the deposit it wont reflect in the statement cos it has already been printed.
please can you tell me where u read this, my dad has printed his statement out and he is very adamant, if i hv proof i can convince him otherwise.

E/
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by EmmySparky(m): 6:10pm On Jul 13, 2015
nelli:

Sincerly its not possible as you are above 18 and the relationship is not close enough,even if she is you blood sis its not possible,except you are below 18.the only person who can fight for you if you are above 18 is your mum or dad,you cn also settle via ancentry visa if one of any of your grand parent are uk citizen.Also the study process doesn't work any more as you will have to leave the uk after you finish your student visa,before you can seek employment,it was recently passed.
However there's is a very slimmmm chance which often than non doesn't work at ur age but still possible,that is if your aunt can adopt u,and that means u hav to show she has been responsible your your training,u have no one or ties here in Nig etc,she has to be finacially capable to take care of u,check the uk home office website for more requirment.
wow thanks...this is an eye opener...I thought the american own is tougher...cos my cousin just left nigeria to meet his elder sister even though he is 28...but thanks for the advice...I would get an alternative...I appreciate
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by juliette123: 6:36pm On Jul 13, 2015
Hi @Justwise smiley Sorry about the omission... Her marriage certificate, he's her younger brother...
justwise:

You don't have to add pictures if you got non.

What certificate is that?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by blessedfavoured: 7:17pm On Jul 13, 2015
[quote author=keyman0007 post=35820405][/quote]

im sorry i dont remeber where, maybe you search just wise's posts or the tier 4 students visa thread.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by babybird82(f): 10:40am On Jul 14, 2015
justwise:

Yes you can.

What process are you referring to?

I applied at the Lekki VFS center but it doesn't seem to be there anymore. I hear something about teleperformance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Verostef(m): 12:06pm On Jul 14, 2015
Can you people help a first time from obtain form to entering UK legally?
I need a change. I don't even mind any available menial job as long as am able to fulfill my dream.
So pls put me through
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by JADESOLA15: 4:34pm On Jul 14, 2015
@Justwise, it took UK Embassy 5 working days(Not sure if they work on weekends thou) to process my application, I submitted on the 3rd, and I received an email yesterday(13th) that it is ready for collection. Make I go pick am, make I know my level, even though na Business related trip for my employer.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by eniayooke: 5:08pm On Jul 14, 2015
Hello All,

Abi Una remember this my matter,

I reapplied on the 23rd of June and got my passport back today with Visa granted.

I basically used the same set of docs i applied with at the initial refusal, Only this time I applied at Ikeja.

And yes , it took longer than normal.

I attended a webcam interview i did not plan for right after i submitted my documents (first timers take note)

Good thing is i was very composed and answered the questions confidently
I was able to remember my aunty's house adress as well as give an account of what i plan to do in the UK.
Interviewer asked me the nature of my job and what exactly i do ( must tally with the Job description you filled online)
I also attached my graduation brochure which shows I just completed Masters in Theatre, When Interviewer asked me if I will visit London as my arrival is Manchester.
I said Yes to Visit the Globe theatre, then we talked about Shakespeare. I smiled and tried to be very courteous.

I also used the additional information to explain the extra monies i recieved,
I attached Church bulletin and yahoo mail conversations as well as my church organogram (Yes i am an extremist)

I wrote a cover letter and adressed the points highlighted by ECO in the refusal, I attached printed copies of online transfers for the monies i recieved that was'nt mine. Then I cut my budget to about 110£ and stated exactly how i will spend it including the places i intend to visit.

Two Things happened while I waited for my Passport.

My dad is a frequent flyer to the UK, he was contacted to confirm if I am his daughter.

My HR Manager called to say the Embassy contacted him aking about the nature of my job and how much I earn.
He also asked the HR Manager who my direct line manager is ( I remember the interviewer asked me to even spell his name)

Then a verification Unit mailed my HR Manager again to confirm my date of birth and how long my contract with the company is.
After he responded I got a mail apologising for the delay in returning my passport.

Please Pardon my epistle, This is just to help whoever may be applying next. Make sure you use the additional info, supporting documents are never too much,Refusals MUST be avoided as long as you are genuine, lol.

Thank you justwise, ekpotek, worry and all who helped me.
God bless you.

ekpotek:

Sorry for your refusal. My advise to applicants for UK visa to make use of the additional information space provided on the application form to explain any issues (document), that might lead to a refusal. If you had provided the above explanations, in you application, the EO, would have understood, where those lodgement come from. Most applicants should understand that the decision of the EO are largely based on the documents you submit to support your application. Most refusal are based on applicants giving the EO reasons to be suspicious of their travel intentions. I learn this from my 2 earlier refusals in 2007 and 2011. Since then, I have successful, gotten two 6 months and two 2 years making it 4 successes in a row. In all my application I make use of this additional information spaces, and even enclosed further explaination on a sheet of paper documenting my bank details, previous visit to UK and other countries with an assurances that I will return back to Nigeria as I had previously done from my visit. The rule is to provide all pieces of documents with full explanations to support your application. You can reapply and address the concerned raise and revised your budget to be not more that 1000 pounds, which will be just flight tickets and shopping fund, since your aunt will provide accommodation and feeding.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by richietayo: 5:40pm On Jul 14, 2015
@ eniayooke are you saying that anybody applying now should expect a web came interview
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by JewelStone(f): 6:01pm On Jul 14, 2015
I remember your interview transcript. We applied the same day in Abuja, but I didn't do an interview. Got a mail exactly 5 working days later on Friday 10th that my passport and supporting docs have been dispatched thru courier. I received my passport yesterday 13th with Visa. I was amazed at how quick their process is.

My application was pretty simple, I shivered when I saw the docs others where submitting. I only submitted my form, reference letter from employer, 6 months statement of account and 6 months payslips. That's all, no stories or detailed itinerary. I did a mock hotel booking but didn't include the confirmation printout. This is my first UK application although I have US and Schengen Visas.

When are going for your passport? Do let us know the outcome...

JADESOLA15:
@Justwise, it took UK Embassy 5 working days(Not sure if they work on weekends thou) to process my application, I submitted on the 3rd, and I received an email yesterday(13th) that it is ready for collection. Make I go pick am, make I know my level, even though na Business related trip for my employer.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by JewelStone(f): 6:05pm On Jul 14, 2015
Not everyone. I applied on 3rd of this month. Didn't do any interview, and I just got my visa. I don't know their criteria for selecting people for the interview grin

richietayo:
@ eniayooke are you saying that anybody applying now should expect a web came interview

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by youreign: 7:11pm On Jul 14, 2015
Am a newcomer here.
Pls I need a candid answer from the house. Two of my friends have registered legitimate businesses (newly registered) and have significant monthly income from these businesses. They were however denied uk visas because according to the ECO their stated income did not reflect in their statement of account.
Please how does ones stated (a business owner) monthly income reflect on his or her account when sales defers every month? undecided undecided undecidedA
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kennycanny: 8:22pm On Jul 14, 2015
youreign:
Am a newcomer here.
Pls I need a candid answer from the house. Two of my friends have registered legitimate businesses (newly registered) and have significant monthly income from these businesses. They were however denied uk visas because according to the ECO their stated income did not reflect in their statement of account.
Please how does ones stated (a business owner) monthly income reflect on his or her account when sales defers every month? undecided undecided undecidedA

In Accounting, Business Account is different from personal Account. And that how they view it professionally.

So you are expected to be paying yourself monthly salary from your business account to your personal account. That's how they can separate your personal income from the business income.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by juliette123: 9:01pm On Jul 14, 2015
Hi @eniayooke...your 'epistle'smiley was very helpful as am a first timer and got a refusal. Yeah...I remember them asking for my direct line manager's name too during the interview. Very helpful... Gracias smiley
eniayooke:
Hello All,

I reapplied on the 23rd of June and got my passport back today with Visa granted.

I basically used the same set of docs i applied with at the initial refusal, Only this time I applied at Ikeja.

I attended a webcam interview i did not plan for right after i submitted my documents (first timers take note)

I was able to remember my aunty's house adress as well as give an account of what i plan to do in the UK.
Interviewer asked me the nature of my job and what exactly i do ( must tally with the Job description you filled online)
I also attached my graduation brochure which shows I just completed Masters in Theatre, When Interviewer asked me if I will visit London as my arrival is Manchester.
I said Yes to Visit the Globe theatre, then we talked about Shakespeare. I smiled and tried to be very courteous.

I attached Church bulletin and yahoo mail conversations as well as my church organogram (Yes i am an extremist)

I wrote a cover letter and adressed the points highlighted by ECO in the refusal, I attached printed copies of online transfers for the monies i recieved that was'nt mine. Then I cut my budget to about 110£ and stated exactly how i will spend it including the places i intend to visit.

My dad is a frequent flyer to the UK, he was contacted to confirm if I am his daughter.

My HR Manager called to say the Embassy contacted him aking about the nature of my job and how much I earn.
He also asked the HR Manager who my direct line manager is ( I remember the interviewer asked me to even spell his name)

Then a verification Unit mailed my HR Manager again to confirm my date of birth and how long my contract with the company is.
After he responded I got a mail apologising for the delay in returning my passport.

Please Pardon my epistle, This is just to help whoever may be applying next. Make sure you use the additional info, supporting documents are never too much,Refusals MUST be avoided as long as you are genuine, lol.

God bless you.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by moremiak: 9:48pm On Jul 14, 2015
JewelStone:
I remember your interview transcript. We applied the same day in Abuja, but I didn't do an interview. Got a mail exactly 5 working days later on Friday 10th that my passport and supporting docs have been dispatched thru courier. I received my passport yesterday 13th with Visa. I was amazed at how quick their process is.
My application was pretty simple, I shivered when I saw the docs others where submitting. I only submitted my form, reference letter from employer, 6 months statement of account and 6 months payslips. That's all, no stories or detailed itinerary. I did a mock hotel booking but didn't include the confirmation printout. This is my first UK application although I have US and Schengen Visas.
When are going for your passport? Do let us know the outcome...
Hello jewel. Pls wat kind of mssg did u get informing u dat ur app was ready? After almost 3 weeks, I got an email that said a decision has been made and they wld dispatch my docs and the decision but pple around me think that mssg means a refusal as d email ought to say "your visa is being processed" and also say wen it wld be ready. Did urs go in that same line?. Pls help satisfy my curiousity about that notion.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 10:42pm On Jul 14, 2015
Am happy for you. That was long ooo. About 20days in between.

Since June 23rd till today shocked I thought Ikeja was faster.

eniayooke:
Hello All,

God bless you.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 12:36am On Jul 15, 2015
"When did you start this job" in bracket they said the start date of this role.

I was moved to a diff unit in April. Pls do I state April 2015 date or the date I joined the company? April to July is 3months, so small compared to the two years I hv spent since I joined d coy
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sparklerii: 12:37am On Jul 15, 2015
Good evening all,please justwise you ve not answered my previous question and I also need to ask for your help again,I am applying for my two daughters with age of 3&5,do I need to fill in the amount they are going to spend in the Uk and cost of the trip with other expense details as required and my hubby is the one sponsoring for the trip,please would be glad if I can get advice from you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nelli(f): 4:58am On Jul 15, 2015
sparklerii:
Good evening all,please justwise you ve not answered my previous question and I also need to ask for your help again,I am applying for my two daughters with age of 3&5,do I need to fill in the amount they are going to spend in the Uk and cost of the trip with other expense details as required and my hubby is the one sponsoring for the trip,please would be glad if I can get advice from you.

Yes you do,infact its even more important that you are financially capable as you are traveling with miniors,pls do visit the official uk embassy website to see the new laws governing application for minors.thank u
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by JewelStone(f): 7:49am On Jul 15, 2015
I only got one email that said my passport has been dispatched through courier, cos I don't live in Abuja, didn't get the one that says "a decision has been made".

Either way, you won't know if it's approval or refusal till you get your documents. Good luck

moremiak:
Hello jewel. Pls wat kind of mssg did u get informing u dat ur app was ready? After almost 3 weeks, I got an email that said a decision has been made and they wld dispatch my docs and the decision but pple around me think that mssg means a refusal as d email ought to say "your visa is being processed" and also say wen it wld be ready. Did urs go in that same line?. Pls help satisfy my curiousity about that notion.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:44am On Jul 15, 2015
babybird82:

I applied at the Lekki VFS center but it doesn't seem to be there anymore. I hear something about teleperformance.

Oh ok, I'm not aware of any change though
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:45am On Jul 15, 2015
JADESOLA15:

Waiting to hear the outcome
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:47am On Jul 15, 2015
eniayooke:
Hello All,

God bless you.

Congratulations! Glad it worked out
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:55am On Jul 15, 2015
sparklerii:

Since this is a family holiday financial details will be on your own form while theirs will contain only their personal details, put n/a in places requesting for any financial information and use the blank space to state that they are traveling with you.

Financial details in your form will be total cost of the trip for the whole family.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by eniayooke: 8:57am On Jul 15, 2015
No, I am not saying everyone should prepare for an interview,

It is random. And if the dice falls on you, Be Prepared.

richietayo:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by eniayooke: 8:58am On Jul 15, 2015
I wish you the best on your reapplication,

Good news.
juliette123:
Hi @eniayooke...your 'epistle'smiley was very helpful as am a first timer and got a refusal. Yeah...I remember them asking for my direct line manager's name too during the interview. Very helpful... Gracias smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) ... (426)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.