Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,498 members, 7,808,847 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:50 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (980289 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 8:49pm On Sep 07, 2012
beyunce: i need your 2,3,4,5 cents etc.lol.so my friend's boyfriend will be sponsoring her to the uk for as a tourist. hez got 2yrz uk business visa and he is willing to give her his passport page as her sponsor and his bank statement too. but the only thing is that when he was applying for his own visa he applied as a married man and she is trying to figure out what relationship she should say her sponsor is to her. Family relative? or what? although i'm suggesting she say he is her bf, but she is wondering if that will affect their decision with the fact that he is listed as married.
It will be easier if she claims to be his Grand Mother, and that would make it easier for her to get the visa since old women don't abscond while abroad
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by darellrivers: 11:10pm On Sep 07, 2012
Justwise, thanx for answering all my "private" queries. I have gotten the visa! I have made my decision! God bless you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:31pm On Sep 07, 2012
darellrivers: Justwise, thanx for answering all my "private" queries. I have gotten the visa! I have made my decision! God bless you

Congratulations.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by beyunce(f): 3:28pm On Sep 08, 2012
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vergil: 5:21pm On Sep 08, 2012
beyunce: i need your 2,3,4,5 cents etc.lol.so my friend's boyfriend will be sponsoring her to the uk for as a tourist. hez got 2yrz uk business visa and he is willing to give her his passport page as her sponsor and his bank statement too. but the only thing is that when he was applying for his own visa he applied as a married man and she is trying to figure out what relationship she should say her sponsor is to her. Family relative? or what? although i'm suggesting she say he is her bf, but she is wondering if that will affect their decision with the fact that he is listed as married.

Personally, she should go as childhood friend maybe. Is the wife there with the bf? If she is, could help by saying family friend (friend to the couple). Something along that line.

You know what, family relative should be ok. Since there's no way they could prove they aren't relations. Can think of anyway they can try to find out. Can anybody?

Best thing is to be kinda honest and just say friend. Maybe strengthen it by saying friend of the couple (this would be even nicer if they were both over there. Hubby n wife).

Ciao.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by teejayGO01: 8:58pm On Sep 08, 2012
beyunce:

Grand mother? Someone that is 25yrs old? And she is not planning on absconding. Please I Just need your input and not funny statements. If you have nothing to say that is helpful don't bother replying. Thank you.
Loooooool @ vicjustice
Don't get angry I think he replied dat way becasue ur friends doesn't have a realistic chnace of getting the visa, with what you've written. Myab if u can answer the questions below it would be easier for someone to advice u:
1) What does ur friend do in Nigeria?
2) Her bf dat has 2 yrs bizness visa does he want to send her invitation letter or just sponspor her financially?
3)Does she want to go as a tourist or family visitor

Note that if ur friend wants to go as a tourist and states a married man who is not her relative in anyway is sponsporing her chances will be near zero.

And no body on this forum should encourage you to give false info to the ECO as it backfires later.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by beyunce(f): 12:25pm On Sep 09, 2012
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by beyunce(f): 3:13pm On Sep 09, 2012
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 8:56pm On Sep 09, 2012
beyunce:
Thanks for your reply, she just finished her final year exam so waiting for nysc and they are both based in nigeria. He is not really married. He only just stated that when he was applying for his own visa. They have been dating for over six years. she's going as a tourist. Like I said he is willing to support her financially and even put in his passport page along with a letter of introduction. Just want to know if saying they are relatives will give her a better chance of getting the visa especially since their surname differ.
Thanks
Well, to be honest, unless you are a dependant Minor and you are travelling with your parent or guardian, it is not logical for Visa Officers to grant TOURIST VISA to an applicant who can not support him/herself.
You need to have the financial capability in order to fulfil the requirement for Tourist Visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by amdman: 8:10am On Sep 10, 2012
Urgent Question Pls!

Am about to make an application for my mum and the circumstances are as follows:

1. I have an elder sister and brother in the UK, but the sponsor of the trip is my much older cousin, as my siblings are not in a position to do that right now though they have proper documentation.
2. My cousin has sent an invitation letter, statement of account and copy of passport. Are there other required documents?
3. My mum retired as a senior officer in one of the security agencies in the country. Does she need to include her own financial documentation aside her id card and retirement letter?
4. Does she need to name my sister (who has just given birth) and brother as her kids in the UK or that she will be visiting them (will she need an invitation letter from them too)?
5. Does she need to include copies of marriage certificate, title to her landed property and share certificates as proof of ties to Nigeria?
6. How do we prove the relationship between her and my cousin aside photographs where they appear together?

I need urgent answers pls.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 3:09pm On Sep 10, 2012
amdman: Urgent Question Pls!

Am about to make an application for my mum and the circumstances are as follows:

1. I have an elder sister and brother in the UK, but the sponsor of the trip is my much older cousin, as my siblings are not in a position to do that right now though they have proper documentation.
Does this cousin have biological relationship with your mum or in-law relationship?
Not that any would be a problem, but it is likely to gain more likeability if the relationship is biological

amdman: 2.My mum retired as a senior officer in one of the security agencies in the country. Does she need to include her own financial documentation aside her id card and retirement letter?
If she has the financial capability, it would be good if she supports her application by proof of her financial stance, but if she is not financially capable (as an elderly dependant mother), she is qualified to be fully sponsored without her personal financial backings.

amdman: 4. Does she need to name my sister (who has just given birth) and brother as her kids in the UK or that she will be visiting them (will she need an invitation letter from them too)?
She doesn't need invitation letter from everyone that she intend to visit, but she definitely needs invitation letter from the person who is inviting her and is accepting responsibility over her

amdman: 5. Does she need to include copies of marriage certificate, title to her landed property and share certificates as proof of ties to Nigeria?
Whatever she can include to support her application is fine, but they are not necessary since she is an elderly applicant, therefore, her responsibilities are required of her sponsor

amdman: 6. How do we prove the relationship between her and my cousin aside photographs where they appear together?
No one can answer this question better than yourselves since you (people) are the ones proving your own affairs: but however, photographs can be of importance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by drekid(m): 8:36pm On Sep 10, 2012
Just a quick question.. A friend on a "Spouse visa" wanna invite me for a short visit to the UK..Is this possible with his current status?

Kind response will be appreciated...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Sunbassen(m): 9:25pm On Sep 10, 2012
[quote author=justwise]Please continue posting your enquiries here, the previous thread has reached and passed

A friend is having a challenge currently and needs a solution. He was refused UK visa in 2005 on his old passport before the finger-scan commenced. He changed to epassport in 2007 with a new age and place of birth but his names are still intact. On the new passport he has already got two schengen visas; he travelled and came back. Now, he wants to apply to the UK and he's not sure what will become of him so he needs the candid advice or suggestion of this honourable house.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Sunbassen(m): 9:26pm On Sep 10, 2012
A friend is having a challenge currently and needs a solution. He was refused UK visa in 2005 on his old passport before the finger-scan commenced. He changed to epassport in 2007 with a new age and place of birth but his names are still intact. On the new passport he has already got two schengen visas; he travelled and came back. Now, he wants to apply to the UK and he's not sure what will become of him so he needs the candid advice or suggestion of this honourable house.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:48pm On Sep 10, 2012
Sunbassen: A friend is having a challenge currently and needs a solution. He was refused UK visa in 2005 on his old passport before the finger-scan commenced. He changed to epassport in 2007 with a new age and place of birth but his names are still intact. On the new passport he has already got two schengen visas; he travelled and came back. Now, he wants to apply to the UK and he's not sure what will become of him so he needs the candid advice or suggestion of this honourable house.

Why was he refused a visa in 2005?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Sunbassen(m): 10:04pm On Sep 10, 2012
justwise:

Why was he refused a visa in 2005?

He was refused due to insufficient funds
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:07pm On Sep 10, 2012
Sunbassen:

He was refused due to insufficient funds

Your friend should pray long and hard that he doesn't get found out, he will be heading towards 10yrs ban.

He has to keep using that fake age all his life as far as dealing with UK embassy is concerned.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Sunbassen(m): 10:12pm On Sep 10, 2012
justwise:

Your friend should pray long and hard that he doesn't get found out, he will be heading towards 10yrs ban.

He has to keep using that fake age all his life as far as dealing with UK embassy is concerned.

He's sticking to the new age already. He's only skeptical about applying and wants to know if his previous records with the embassy in 2005 will still hunt him since the finger scan wasn't in force then
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:19pm On Sep 10, 2012
Sunbassen:

He's sticking to the new age already. He's only skeptical about applying and wants to know if his previous records with the embassy in 2005 will still hunt him since the finger scan wasn't in force then

His record will still be with UK embassy, no doubt about that, the percentage of it hunting him is 50/50, the problem with what he did is that, he stand a chance of being found out anytime he applies for visa to the UK no matter how long it takes.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Sunbassen(m): 10:24pm On Sep 10, 2012
justwise:

His record will still be with UK embassy, no doubt about that, the percentage of it hunting him is 50/50, the problem with what he did is that, he stand a chance of being found out anytime he applies for visa to the UK no matter how long it takes.

So, what's your final advice on this?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:29pm On Sep 10, 2012
Sunbassen:

So, what's your final advice on this?

Wrong time to ask for advice, he made the mistake already, he is not going to get another passport with real age.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Sunbassen(m): 10:31pm On Sep 10, 2012
justwise:

Wrong time to ask for advice, he made the mistake already, he is not going to get another passport with real age.

Then he has to forget about UK for life!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:46pm On Sep 10, 2012
Sunbassen:

Then he has to forget about UK for life!

That is the decision he has to make himself but remind him this...he has to keep using that fake age with other embassies as well else........
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:07am On Sep 11, 2012
Sunbassen: A friend is having a challenge currently and needs a solution. He was refused UK visa in 2005 on his old passport before the finger-scan commenced. He changed to epassport in 2007 with a new age and place of birth but his names are still intact. On the new passport he has already got two schengen visas; he travelled and came back. Now, he wants to apply to the UK and he's not sure what will become of him so he needs the candid advice or suggestion of this honourable house.
The chance that he would be detected may be very high unless he also changes his parents given names, his mother's maiden name, his parents dates of birth, his residence address, and his middle name (if any).
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vergil: 10:41am On Sep 12, 2012
Fact that they don't have his finger print just might be helpful. He should just have it at the back of his mind, ready for the consequence if found out. Risk! Now or never!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by fittty(m): 1:49pm On Sep 13, 2012
wink
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by drekid(m): 7:38pm On Sep 13, 2012
Just a quick question.. A friend on a "Spouse visa" wanna invite me for a short visit to the UK..Is this possible with his current status?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 9:44pm On Sep 13, 2012
drekid: Just a quick question.. A friend on a "Spouse visa" wanna invite me for a short visit to the UK..Is this possible with his current status?
More like a toddler trying to lift up a baby
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by gonon: 2:30pm On Sep 14, 2012
Hello guys, please i have i problem. I have an unconditional admission to study in the UK, the problem is that the year in my WAEC Certificate is wrong...ie, instead of 13 May 1985 what is there is 13 May 1986. I want to know if i can use a court affidavit, which i already have, that states the correct date. Please help me out....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 5:57pm On Sep 14, 2012
gonon: Hello guys, please i have i problem. I have an unconditional admission to study in the UK, the problem is that the year in my WAEC Certificate is wrong...ie, instead of 13 May 1985 what is there is 13 May 1986. I want to know if i can use a court affidavit, which i already have, that states the correct date. Please help me out....
First of all, is it impossible for the WAEC authority to rectify the error? Well, it will not pose a problem to your application especially as you have acknowledged it and have brought it to their attention. The embassy may observe the discrepancy, but then they will consider the effort you made to correct it, therefore, you should be fine: it is is a different story if the discrepancy is an attempt of deception. Besides, it is just the YEAR that doesn't add up, it would have been a more serious issue if both the DAY and the MONTH are also wrong.
So, except there are other reasons to refuse your application, this WAEC issue may never come up.Submit it (as it is) and don't worry about it: only be prepared to give explanation should they ask you "WHY"
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by yasuleiman(m): 9:48am On Sep 15, 2012
Goodmorning NL
@ all u.k travel experts. Well done on the wonderful job you are doing
My family (i.e wife, child and I) have applied for visa as a general visitor twice and both times we were refused.
After the 2nd refusal, i got the help of my lawyer to apply for administrative review request on our behalf since 18th june,2012.
Please i need your sincere advise. Should I re-apply without my wife and child or i should stil give them more time on the review.

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.