Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,582 members, 7,809,111 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:31 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (980316 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ADEBYTE: 8:44pm On Feb 10, 2012
@kolnel
Being unmarried is never a disadvantage because it is a way of life in the uk. Good u got all these documents. If u r getting an invitation letter,how is the person to you?what is his/her status? Even if u r wholly responsible for ur travel, in as much as u tell them that u r visiting someone, the financial capability of the person will be put to question except
U know the person is financially bouyant and he/she can help u with invitation letter as well as the resident documents along with their bank statement, letter from employer,utility bills among other.
If the person can not afford all these stated above, I will implore u book hotel as where u r staying and pls make sure u have got evidence of that usually a letter or receipt
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kolnel: 9:09pm On Feb 10, 2012
@adebyte.
Thanks again.
Think I ll take the hotel booking route. Its an easier route.
Which hotel do u think I can book. Central London is my destination might go south too.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ADEBYTE: 9:14pm On Feb 10, 2012
@kolnel
Try using www.bookig.com or www.booking.co.uk, not sure which of the two
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 4teelaw(f): 10:04pm On Feb 10, 2012
Booking hotel is better, use booking.com, but the issue now is credit card. Most hotels prevalidate ur credit card, and if it is not accepted they many cancel your hotel booking while your visa is being processed, here is the scope, get the phone number of the hotel, keep tabs on them to make sure they haven't cancelled your booking. Please also check your mailbox everytime cos they usually send a mail for confirmation before cancelling your booking. If you get that mail,call the hotel and prevail on them not to cancel the booking.just sharing my experience. I was lucky because my case was a renewal and it took just 2days to renew. By the time the hotel cancelled I already had my visa. But 1st timers are sent to abuja and it can take up to 2wks or more before your visa is ready. Just use your personal acct and biz registration. For me I used queens hotel in bromley, crystal palace, I think that is in south east london
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kolnel: 7:20am On Feb 11, 2012
Thanks for the reply.
Another question.
I was refused twice in 2004 and 2007 when I was invited by family members. Do I need to pen their names down as ppl I know in Britain or not. Cos they are more of here than Britain now.
Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 4teelaw(f): 8:08am On Feb 11, 2012
Pls state that you were refused twice with the reasons on your forms, I don't think it will hurt to write that you knw someone there just that you may not be visiting them
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Betty605: 6:46pm On Feb 11, 2012
@ Adebyte,
Thank you for replying,
yes I am still in law school,
If I apply for the general tourist visa, can I include visiting friends as well?
i plan on shopping, (and obviously visiting my university), which would mean seeing old friends.
I also plan on visiting tourist attractions in the uk, which I didn't get to see during my time in uni.
do i have to include that in the application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ADEBYTE: 6:50pm On Feb 11, 2012
@betty
Yea. All are contained in tourism.would u mind not including friends. U can end up visiting friends in uk after u visa is issued.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Betty605: 7:26pm On Feb 11, 2012
@ Adebyte,
Thank you, really appreciate it,
God bless.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by aniffy4eva(m): 6:46pm On Feb 13, 2012
@ justwise

We all got our visas. Thanks for your help. smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:24pm On Feb 13, 2012
aniffy4eva:

@ justwise

We all got our visas. Thanks for your help. smiley

Congratulations.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by harzyz1(m): 1:28am On Feb 14, 2012
@Justwise, my Apllication for 6 month visiting Visa was refused today and the grounds that i did not give any evidence to prove my source of income because i stated dat am a worker but did not include my personal acct and payslip,jus letter from employer, company reg cert and my work id card, but its my uncle that what to sponsor me and the ECO said that the income tax clearance of my sponsor (uncle) does not correlate with the account statement. And did not disclose my uncle's source of income, And intend to re-apply using another sponsor for my application, i donno maybe i can still use another person as my sponsor and add my personal acct and pay cheques from my employers as evident of my income, I really need your reply, Thanks!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ADEBYTE: 2:28am On Feb 14, 2012
@harzyz1
Further from ur query above. As I always advise people that irrespective of who is sponsoring ur trip, always endeavour to articulate some documents showing ur financial circumstances. These takes the form of bank statementan payslips etc. Submitting these document goes a long way to explain to the ECO that
U have a tie(job) and so it removes the suspicion that u will not be coming back to nigeria after ur stay in the uk. Also how could ur sponsor gives u his statement without giving ur evidence of his fund eg business owned by him or a letter from his employer. To your question of changing sponsor, I would advise that u don't do that because u will be denied again. All I can advise is that
U can reapply for ur visa with ur sponsor addressing the issues raised against u while u also get all the documents that have suggested by the ECO for u to have included in ur application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by harzyz1(m): 6:27am On Feb 14, 2012
@ADEBTE, thanks for yah advice,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ace101: 9:20am On Feb 14, 2012
@ justwise, how are u doing today.just a quick one, I applied for a UK tourist visa last week for myself and my wife. I made a hotel booking but I forgot to include the email confirmation. However, I included the booking reference number beside the hotel address. What do u think? Will it suffice? Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:08am On Feb 14, 2012
ace101:

@ justwise, how are u doing today.just a quick one, I applied for a UK tourist visa last week for myself and my wife. I made a hotel booking but I forgot to include the email confirmation. However, I included the booking reference number beside the hotel address. What do u think? Will it suffice? Thanks.

Though email confirmation is important but you don't get booking reference without getting email confirmation, so booking reference and the hotel address is enough for verification if they want to.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:09am On Feb 14, 2012
harzyz1:

@Justwise, my Apllication for 6 month visiting Visa was refused today and the grounds that i did not give any evidence to prove my source of income because i stated dat am a worker but did not include my personal acct and payslip,jus letter from employer, company reg cert and my work id card, but its my uncle that what to sponsor me and the ECO said that the income tax clearance of my sponsor (uncle) does not correlate with the account statement. And did not disclose my uncle's source of income, And intend to re-apply using another sponsor for my application, i donno maybe i can still use another person as my sponsor and add my personal acct and pay cheques from my employers as evident of my income, I really need your reply, Thanks!

Don't change sponsor, address those issues raised by ECO, supply those documents the ECO pointed out in the refusal letter then reapply.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ace101: 11:11am On Feb 14, 2012
@ justwise. Ok, thanks a lot. Appreciated.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ADEBYTE: 7:06pm On Feb 14, 2012
@ace101
In addition to justwise response, I will advuise that u call the hotel inorder to ensure that ur booking is not cancel while ur application is being dealt with
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ace101: 8:22pm On Feb 14, 2012
ok thanks a lot
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by levos2007(m): 12:20pm On Feb 16, 2012
just to update you guys, got my visa yesterday, am so happy after 12weeks of waiting.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ace101: 1:51pm On Feb 23, 2012
Hey guys, my wife and I just collected our visit visa today. Granted. Thanks for all the help. Cheers.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ADEBYTE: 2:26pm On Feb 23, 2012
@levos2007
@ace101

Congratulations
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:04pm On Feb 23, 2012
ace101:

Hey guys, my wife and I just collected our visit visa today. Granted. Thanks for all the help. Cheers.

Congrat bro
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by azpunpin: 11:03am On Feb 25, 2012
Please, I need an advise. My Visa will expire on March 13th and am planning to travel on the 15th, Please I will like to know if I can apply now since my Visa would have expired by 13th and I don't want to delay my travel and state when I will be traveling .
I need advise maybe I should apply now but the Visa is yet to expire but would have expired by 13th and I don't want to delay my travel. Please, I hope the ECO won't think otherwise that I should have wait for my Visa to expire before applying for another one.

Thanks in advance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by prinz90(m): 11:52am On Feb 25, 2012
Hello house, my Aunt got a 6 months family visit visa to visit her son in the Uk. The visa will expire next month. on her application form, she said she ll spend 1month with her son basf in the UK but she has spent 4months and is returning home in 2weeks time. My questions are 1) she said she was visiting for 1month but stayed 4months, will that affect her future application in anyway? 2) last time i checked, UK does not stamp your passport when you leave the UK, how do they know when one leaves and the duration of the visitor's visit? 3) someone adviced that on arrival of my aunt back to Nigeria, she should find a way to back date the arrival stamp on her passport, what is the implication of doing this when she reapply? Thank you. Pls Justwise and other people in the house, i want to know how best she should handle this situation,your opinion is needed. Cheers
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ADEBYTE: 12:11pm On Feb 25, 2012
@azpunpin
Either way you do it, there is no way u can have ur visa issued b4 the intended date of travel.it also depend on whether u have gathered all the document required for ur application. If I may ask ,why would you not shift ur travel may be for 2-4 weeks so that u have enough enough to prepare urself
For the renewal and avoid creating any suspicion.ur visa renewal would definitely be granted provided ur don't rush things by creating an avenue for suspicion. Take ur time,send ur application for renewal prior to the date of expiration of the current visa or on the day it expires and get ur new 2yrs visa and travel to uk confortabbly and I hope u enjoy ur stay
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ADEBYTE: 12:27pm On Feb 25, 2012
@prinz90
Well to start with anybody visiting the uk is not expected to stay for more than 6 months at once. Having indicated on her form that she will be staying for one month and she eventually spent 4 months, she has created an avenue for questioning. But it is worthy of note that uk does not stamp ur passport when u r leaving but it is only when asked on subsequent visa that one says the length of stay out of anxiety.further questioning and interrogation could arise based on the information that u give.
Uk does not have a record of ur lenth of stay except the one u already filled on the form. If ur sister is bold and confident, she can maintain the same as already written down and if she is not, she can say the exact length of her stay but in this case, she must be able to defend and justify her reason for staying. This could affect her only at the port of entry if asked and her visa could even be cancelled if she is not lucky enough.wish her all d best.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by prinz90(m): 12:49pm On Feb 25, 2012
@ Adebyte, thank you for your comment. I will appreciate more comments, Justwise, others pls i need ur take on this issue. Thx
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 4teelaw(f): 3:10pm On Feb 25, 2012
prinz90:

@ Adebyte, thank you for your comment. I will appreciate more comments, Justwise, others pls i need ur take on this issue. Thx

well, i dont think its a big deal jor, anything could have happened, for her to stay up to 4 months, could even be for health reasons or to help take care of the kids, as long as she doesnt overstay her visa.
Cheers
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by azpunpin: 3:56pm On Feb 25, 2012
Thanx ADEBYTE. Just that I want to use our 2 weeks holiday which will commence starting from March 6 as an opportunity.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by prinz90(m): 4:23pm On Feb 25, 2012
@ 4teelaw, thx for ur kinds words. Do u think its advicable to ve her passport arrival stamp back dated on arrival?Is that necessary? Thx

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.