Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,874 members, 7,806,506 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:30 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (64) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (980064 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 4:42pm On Nov 26, 2012
frankss101: I've summitted my renewal application with the uk embassy in lagos since octobor 10th and till now I've still not heard from them though my traveling date to the uk is december 19th of this year, please can somebody tell me why it is taking this long? Please I need answers....
Though, not always the case, but it is generally easier to be refused a visa than to approve it: delay is often a positive sign that an application is given a consideration for approval since it takes only an instant to refuse a visa. So, relax.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by frankss101: 5:07pm On Nov 26, 2012
Okay bro thanks alotcause am really worried about it cox ws suppose to use my passport to trvl some days back to australia, I just hope when I get it the delays will be worth waiting for. Thnks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by veronica151: 5:09pm On Nov 26, 2012
Am having the same problem with my renewal visa too,pls y is it taking this long,does anyone know?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by donlexs(m): 6:47pm On Nov 26, 2012
Hello all, I would love your opinion on this issue. My sister applied for a job advert online in the UK and she got it. They sent her an agreement to fill and send to them but they said she will have to get her work permit and foreign affairs certification herself and they will take care of the flight ticket and 50percent of the visa application fee. I was just wondering how does she go about it. I read online that work permits are provided by the employer. M
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:03pm On Nov 26, 2012
donlexs: Hello all, I would love your opinion on this issue. My sister applied for a job advert online in the UK and she got it. They sent her an agreement to fill and send to them but they said she will have to get her work permit and foreign affairs certification herself and they will take care of the flight ticket and 50percent of the visa application fee. I was just wondering how does she go about it. I read online that work permits are provided by the employer. M

Your sister is probably dealing with fraudsters.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by donlexs(m): 7:10pm On Nov 26, 2012
justwise:

Your sister is probably dealing with fraudsters.
Thank you justwise,I thought of that also but is there a way you can advice we confirm their authenticity because I told my sister that they are fraudsters earlier and she didn't agree with me. The name and address of the hotel is: Ermin's® Hotels
Caxton Street
London SWIH OQW
Great Britain
United Kingdom.
Tel: +44-703-593-8810
Fax: +44-700-593-8077
www.sterminshotel.co.uk

According to them their travel consultant firm is:
ZAM ZAM TRAVELS
576A  Coventry Road
Small Heath
Birmingham
West Midlands
B10 0UN
United Kingdom.

CONTACT PERSON: Mr. Oscar Jones
Tel: +44-704-573-3761
Fax: +44-870-478-4345
Fax: +44-7005-593-8020
E-mail: zamzamtravels@live.com
ZamZam Travel Agency
www.zamzamtravels.org.uk

Thanks very much I will be waiting to hear from you and others on this forum
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:29pm On Nov 26, 2012
donlexs:
Thank you justwise,I thought of that also but is there a way you can advice we confirm their authenticity because I told my sister that they are fraudsters earlier and she didn't agree with me. The name and address of the hotel is: Ermin's® Hotels
Caxton Street
London SWIH OQW
Great Britain
United Kingdom.
Tel: +44-703-593-8810
Fax: +44-700-593-8077
www.sterminshotel.co.uk

According to them their travel consultant firm is:
ZAM ZAM TRAVELS
576A  Coventry Road
Small Heath
Birmingham
West Midlands
B10 0UN
United Kingdom.

CONTACT PERSON: Mr. Oscar Jones
Tel: +44-704-573-3761
Fax: +44-870-478-4345
Fax: +44-7005-593-8020
E-mail: zamzamtravels@live.com
ZamZam Travel Agency
www.zamzamtravels.org.uk

Thanks very much I will be waiting to hear from you and others on this forum

This post code SWIH OQW is for this hotel and not the link you have there http://www.milesfaster.co.uk/london-hotels/jolly-hotel-st-ermins.htm

Like i said before, your sister is dealing with fraudsters, she will understand that when they are done with her.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by donlexs(m): 7:51pm On Nov 26, 2012
justwise:

This post code SWIH OQW is for this hotel and not the link you have there http://www.milesfaster.co.uk/london-hotels/jolly-hotel-st-ermins.htm

Like i said before, your sister is dealing with fraudsters, she will understand that when they are done with her.
Thanks very much Justwise I knew you would be helpful. I will send her a copy of your reply. Truly appreciate it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:59pm On Nov 26, 2012
donlexs:
Thanks very much Justwise I knew you would be helpful. I will send her a copy of your reply. Truly appreciate it.

No worries.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by veronica151: 8:19am On Nov 27, 2012
Please I wanted to find out if its adviseable to go to the british deputy high commission,because my renewal is over 3weeks now,what do you think people.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 9:10am On Nov 27, 2012
Naira_man: I need some information from anyone with similar experiences. I overstayed my UK visa for 6 years and I now travelled back to 9ja and I did not have any problems coming back, at the airport my passport was just looked at and handed back to me and I boarded my flight (on my own expense). Now my question is that (1) can i go ahead with my visa application plans to go back to uk on the assumption that no one knows I overstayed previously? My previous visa is in my old expired passport and I have a new one i got in UK. I intend to travel back after one year from the date I left UK so that way i know the one year ban that applies to me would have elapsed.

Any valuable information will be appreciated.
Thanks
In the visa application form, you will be asked these questions:
"have you ever applied for a UK visa before?"
"Was the visa issued?"
"Have you ever been to the UK before?"
And also, when and when did you arrive and leave the UK?
Now, how would you answer all these, are you going to use deception?
Well, either you declare the truth and get refused or you lie and get the 10 years ban. There is no escape in this.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Bankwo7(f): 10:07am On Nov 27, 2012
@Justwise,Vicjustice,@ all. Its been 7weeks since I applied(8th Oct.,2012) for Irish Visa(tourist)through VAC,Ikeja.
I am yet to get my visa which vac says would be returned to my address thru d prepaid enveloped I payed for during submission.
Please can you suggest what I need to do or contact to know my visa status.Does Irish visa take this long?
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by SOTAJ: 10:13am On Nov 27, 2012
veronica151: Please I wanted to find out if its adviseable to go to the british deputy high commission,because my renewal is over 3weeks now,what do you think people.

@ Veronica151, there is really no need to panic about your visa renewal. I think the renewal process takes longer these days. They actually wrote it on a board at VFS that you should allow for 15 days for renewal now, unlike the short period (2 days it used to take).

My family applied for renewal on 01/11/2012 and the visas were not approved/issued until 22/11/2012. So just keep tracking on their website or wait till you received a text message from them (if you pai dfor that service though).
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by SOTAJ: 10:24am On Nov 27, 2012
donlexs: Hello all, I would love your opinion on this issue. My sister applied for a job advert online in the UK and she got it. They sent her an agreement to fill and send to them but they said she will have to get her work permit and foreign affairs certification herself and they will take care of the flight ticket and 50percent of the visa application fee. I was just wondering how does she go about it. I read online that work permits are provided by the employer.

I can tell you without mincing words that your sister is about to be duped by con guys.
A friend almost fell prey to the same thing few years back when he was offered employment by "Emirate Airline".

The whole offered looked too good but, looking critically in-between the line we were able to see some of their flaws. What they do for instance is, use a genuine company, but with different details like address or phone numbers.

They would eventually ask your sister to send some money for their administrative charges in order for them to be able to complete the whole process. THAT IS THEIR ULTIMATE GOAL!

So, just tell your sister to FLEE them.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:55am On Nov 27, 2012
Bankwo7: @Justwise,Vicjustice,@ all. Its been 7weeks since I applied(8th Oct.,2012) for Irish Visa(tourist)through VAC,Ikeja.
I am yet to get my visa which vac says would be returned to my address thru d prepaid enveloped I payed for during submission.
Please can you suggest what I need to do or contact to know my visa status.Does Irish visa take this long?
Thanks
Irish visa usually takes 2 months and they usually don't get in touch with you until the second month.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by veronica151: 2:30pm On Nov 27, 2012
Hi nairalanders,I tracked my application for the 100th time today and it was available for pick up,my renewal was granted.thanks to everyone
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by SOTAJ: 4:14pm On Nov 27, 2012
veronica151: Hi nairalanders,I tracked my application for the 100th time today and it was available for pick up,my renewal was granted.thanks to everyone

@veronical151, I told you to be patient.

Congratulations on your visa. I think they have decided to be taking their time to verify all documents submitted now, even for renewals.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by frankss101: 6:30pm On Nov 27, 2012
@veronica congrats! Mine has taken more than a month nw still nothing from them yet! Just wonderin why d delays.@justwise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by drekid(m): 6:35pm On Nov 27, 2012
Hello @justwise/other members

Travel date on the on form "On which date do u wish to travel to the UK"? does it have to be 15 days ahead of the submission day ? for instance if i want to submit on the 29th of November and intending travel date is on the 9th of Dec.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 7:13pm On Nov 27, 2012
drekid: Hello @justwise/other members

Travel date on the on form "On which date do u wish to travel to the UK"? does it have to be 15 days ahead of the submission day ? for instance if i want to submit on the 29th of November and intending travel date is on the 9th of Dec.

Thanks
There are neither rules nor regulations regarding the date of travel, and you are not obliged to travel on the exact day that you entered on the application form, that question is just a senseless formality.
But it is reasonable to enter a (not-too-near) date because, you are advised to allow the embassy enough time to process your application to avoid being refused the visa for reason of tight schedule
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by frankss101: 7:23pm On Nov 27, 2012
@veronica congrats! Mine has taken more than a month nw still nothing from them yet! Just wonderin why d delays.@justwise oooooooo
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by drekid(m): 7:35pm On Nov 27, 2012
Thank you Sir! one last advise.. The invitation letter says 1month and due to return on the 28th. on the form i plan on saying December 11 as travel date and will submit on Thursday 29th November. Also do i need to include flight reservation? Please advise!!! smiley smiley smiley smiley kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Vicjustice:
There are neither rules nor regulations regarding the date of travel, and you are not obliged to travel on the exact day that you entered on the application form, the question is just a senseless formality.
But it is reasonable to enter a (not-too-near) date because, you are advised to allow the embassy enough time to process your application to avoid being refused the visa on the for reason of tight schedule
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dove30: 7:47pm On Nov 27, 2012
veronica151: Hi nairalanders,I tracked my application for the 100th time today
veronica151:
Hi nairalanders,I tracked my application for the 100th time today and it was available for pick up,my renewal was granted.thanks to everyone
and it was available for pick up,my renewal was granted.thanks to everyone
wow! Congrats I claim this good news for my self in faith in JESUS name!AMEN!please what date did you actually submit mine is exactly 2 weeks now but 11 working days.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Bankwo7(f): 7:53pm On Nov 27, 2012
rish visa usually takes 2 months and they usually don't get in touch with you until the second month.
@Vicjustice,tnx!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by charlysblink: 8:05pm On Nov 27, 2012
did you get a text message from them before you tracked it online ? congrats veronica
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by frankss101: 8:19pm On Nov 27, 2012
I summited 19th october but tilldate my application is still showing processing, please can somebody tell me something plz.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 9:45pm On Nov 27, 2012
drekid: Thank you Sir! one last advise.. The invitation letter says 1month and due to return on the 28th. on the form i plan on saying December 11 as travel date and will submit on Thursday 29th November. Also do i need to include flight reservation? Please advise!!! smiley smiley smiley smiley kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Do you mean that you intend to submit your application on Thursday the 29th with the entered date of travel as December 11th? If so, that would be way too tight.
As for the flight reservation, that is not necessary.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by veronica151: 9:59pm On Nov 27, 2012
dove30: wow! Congrats I claim this good news for my self in faith in JESUS name!AMEN!please what date did you actually submit mine is exactly 2 weeks now but 11 working days.
I applied on the 7th of november
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by drekid(m): 10:20pm On Nov 27, 2012
YES @vicjustice because the invitation has a return date of 28th December for a month Holiday and the intend stay duration is 3weeks.. PLEASE ADVISE!!!
Vicjustice:
Do you mean that you intend to submit your application on Thursday the 29th with the entered date of travel as December 11th? If so, that would be way too tight.
As for the flight reservation, that is not necessary.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:53pm On Nov 27, 2012
drekid: YES @vicjustice because the invitation has a return date of 28th December for a month Holiday and the intend stay duration is 3weeks.. PLEASE ADVISE!!!
Know that the visa officer is not going to hurry up the process just to meet your schedules.
My friend, your circumstances are too hasty, and this is not how to apply for a visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by drekid(m): 12:55am On Nov 28, 2012
Thanks! I really appreciate... will reschedule d I.V sometimes in January for the return date. Just that i was refused earlier this month because one document was missing. Which is now available
Vicjustice:
Know that the visa officer is not going to hurry up the process just to meet your schedules.
My friend, your circumstances are too hasty, and this is not how to apply for a visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by cent11: 7:23am On Nov 28, 2012
Hello house, pls I'm havin delays with my renewal application which I've been waiting for more than 25working days, can someone plz advice......

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (426)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.