Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,707 members, 7,805,904 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:18 AM

Travelling To Canada-part2 - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada-part2 (210378 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by bashtee: 3:42am On Dec 17, 2011
@Aiwehia
Congratulations! We hope to meet over there soon Gods willing.When is ur resumption date?
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by cycline404(m): 6:03am On Dec 17, 2011
@usask4life what time should we all meet there on Monday, I can be able to make it there as well,
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by newacca: 9:45am On Dec 17, 2011
@Aiwehia and Fagbs,
CONGRATS!
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by orisuniye: 10:35am On Dec 17, 2011
Hello everyone,

Pls I need your help.
The my application was returned in October and I was instructed to get another start date.I av received a new admission letter to resume in may.
Do I need to fill another form(application form, famili info, questionaire), updating the new start date or shd I submit submit the former forms like that with an updated bank statement and other documents.

Kindly share ur opinion pls.
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by aayoola1(m): 10:56am On Dec 17, 2011
@orisuniye

You need to fill the form "IMM1294E" again becuz u ve to change the start date to the new one ("Duration of expected study" in page 2 of the form).

You can use the same questionnaire, family info and checklist forms.

You also need to update ur bank statement too.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by kanayogod(m): 11:29am On Dec 17, 2011
@newacca, its well, the Almighty knows better. @those with their TRVs, congrats! I'm still at a loss abt my GRE, i havent figured a way to get MUN to waive the conditionality. Though i'm planning to write the exam in Feb., i just dont want to delay my chances, any one with a way i could get the school to waive the GRE conditionality. Also i need a sample of employment bond/agreeement i hear there's a standard format for writing it, pls help me out. Thnks
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Nobody: 11:53am On Dec 17, 2011
osram:

Gud day evri1,i luv canada alot,i dream abt it evryday.am a vewi gud n inteligent student,i graduated in 2010,with 7distinctions and 2credit.i always had diz dream of skulin in canada bt d problem is dat my family r financialy wik.we dnt av dt kind of money,nd i dnt want my dreams to die.plz nairalanders ol i want is sum1 dat can sponsor me to canada den afta my skul i wud pay he/she bak.plz help me in d name of God,cs i dnt want my dreams to die.tnx
Bruv we are in nigeria and not in the westrn countries where anybody can jez render help to non-relatives,,although there are some samarithan-nigerians who could render such, but u can rarely find one out of thousands nigerians,,,,,,,,ur goals can still be achieved here in nigeria!, fink well bro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by kayfather: 8:10pm On Dec 17, 2011
instead of all dis masters program cant one find a professional course like acca,sun splaris etc and apply 4 and i tinjk it will be cheaper.oya advise
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by rowlandoo: 9:39pm On Dec 17, 2011
@HOUSE

please now i need the documents to put through cdhc , and my next step to tke once i get my immigration papers .
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by rowlandoo: 9:41pm On Dec 17, 2011
@house

Again

my resumption is sept 1 2012 and i have an interview at Us embassy for fall term and i only have one Pssport what can i do coz i think cdhc will hold my Pssport for several weeks , ANY ADVICE ON WHAT TO DO ?
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by rowlandoo: 7:58am On Dec 18, 2011
@sabon

ARE you sure the fbips.com agent re real , are they going to be getting docs for someone ,

@HOUSE

did nyone know this agent
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by newmusic: 9:50am On Dec 18, 2011
@rowlandoo I contacted the agent and asked them a simple question, they said they are not going to answer me until I become their client in other words asking me to pay. No attempt to convince me they are real and really know their job.

In conclusion I doubt if they are real.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by rowlandoo: 10:33am On Dec 18, 2011
@newmusic

Wow u have done a great job , i see the site as a non secure site too , everything as well as pictures was a frame up , nd i think if u enquire anything from a real agent they will be more than happy to answer you without been their agent , if i may ask what question did u ask , before i know if we have to remove the guy that post it off here ,
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by rowlandoo: 10:36am On Dec 18, 2011
@ALLL

NEED ANSWER TO THIS POST PLS

@house

Again

my resumption is sept 1 2012 and i have an interview at Us embassy for fall term and i only have one Pssport what can i do coz i think cdhc will hold my Pssport for several weeks , ANY ADVICE ON WHAT TO DO ?
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by aayoola1(m): 10:57am On Dec 18, 2011
@ rowlandoo & newmusic

Most of those so called agents are scams, cuz they do wat u would do if u are to process the visa yourself and they can't even expedite the processing. The CIC ( Canadian immigration commission) advises against it.

""You do not need to hire an immigration consultant. It is up to you. Your application will not be given special attention or guaranteed approval if you use a consultant.""

If u want to read the info it there on there website :-

www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/representative/index.asp

www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/representative/rep-who.asp
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by newmusic: 11:47am On Dec 18, 2011
@ rowlandoo

Chances of getting visa through them giving a brief profile of myself and the level I have gone with my application if they would take it up.

@ a.ayoola,

Thanks for the advice, I am not using an agent either. I only want to know if they are real or not. My uncle also want to do for his son so I just want to see if I can share the responsibilities.

Cheers.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by rowlandoo: 11:50am On Dec 18, 2011
@house

ANYONE TO ANSWER THIS POST FOR ME
@house

Again

Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by aayoola1(m): 11:57am On Dec 18, 2011
@ rowlandoo

Is fall term and September not the same? I really don't understand your question- is it that u have 2 options ( 1 is the US and the other is Canada ).?
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by rowlandoo: 12:01pm On Dec 18, 2011
@ayoola

Yes My canada school is strting sept 1 and want to start my study permit process , Also my Us school starts fall which is august in Us , am scared if i start cdhc process then can hold my passport and i would like to go for the Us interview too around June ,WHAT CAN I DO WITH ONE PASSPORT
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by bashtee: 12:05pm On Dec 18, 2011
@rowlandoo
If your documents is at CDHC yoU can go the request for your passport.you will apply for it. You go there and findout how it works.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by newmusic: 12:11pm On Dec 18, 2011
@rowlando, You can request for your passport at the cdhc.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by rowlandoo: 12:22pm On Dec 18, 2011
@bastee @newcca

pls where is cdhc , and please i need all documents needed to get te study permit , am referring this to all successful trv applicants .

thnks soo we go see for BC
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by bashtee: 12:24pm On Dec 18, 2011
CDHC is at Anifowhose Street VI lagos.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by aayoola1(m): 12:41pm On Dec 18, 2011
@ rowlandoo

I think you'll ve to decide which is the best option for you. Cuz in know dat you need at least 3 month for the CDHC for processing. I don't know anything about US student visas, I was just goin tru there website now and it says that

"If you apply for your visa more than 120 days prior to your start date or registration date as provided on the Form I-20, the Embassy or Consulate will hold your application until it is able to issue the visa."

Source:
travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1268.html
Under:- ""When Do I Need to Apply for My Student Visa?""

Or, if its possible to go for the US interview sometime before June, say maybe around early May so you'll still have 3 months for the CDHC.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by rowlandoo: 1:05pm On Dec 18, 2011
@AYOOL

oK 3months for cdhc processing right ?

Please i need all documents . help me
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Babdud: 1:58pm On Dec 18, 2011
@ Aiwehie; congrats, those with their TRVs, congrats pls lists the doc u submitted 2 learn frm
@ Awaiting Medicals n Trv Almighty God will do it all
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by aayoola1(m): 2:04pm On Dec 18, 2011
@ rowlandoo
These are the docs that I used:-

Bank draft of N19500

Forms-
IMM1294E (this is the main application form)
IMM5645E (Family information form)
53_1_eng (application checklist)
53_2_eng (study permit questionnaire)- " this 1 is very important, you need to be very careful when filling this)

2 passport photographs ( to their specs, not just any size)
International passport (+ photocopy of data page)
Birth certificate (--)
Police report certificate (from Alagbon police CID HQ) (--)
Self addressed pre-paid envelope ( DHL)
Letter from my employer granting me an unpaid leave. (--)

BSc certificate (--)
Transcript (from where you graduated from) (--)
WAEC certificate (--)
NYSC certificate (--)
Secondary school testimonial (--)

Acceptance letter (from institution u applied to) (--)
Sponsorship letter (from ur sponsor, even if it's ur parent) (--)
Letter of introduction from sponsor's work place ( include pay per annum) (--)
Accommodation confirmation ( could be email of whom you'll be staying with) (--)
Bank statements of ur aponsor (of past six months) (--)
Receipt of payment for commitment fee (--)

You can download the forms from here:-

www.canadainternational.gc.ca/nigeria/visas/forms_study-formulaires_etude.aspx?lang=eng&view=d

Note:
(--) means also include photocopy

You may want to make photocopies of the forms, should incase you re called for an interview- you ll be able to prep based on wat you fill ( not dat you'll fill a question as "A" and in interview you say "Z" when asked the same question)

Hope this will be helpful.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by falopey: 9:48pm On Dec 18, 2011
Please can any successful visa applicant help me out. Do I have to make a full year payment of tuition fees or a semester payment of tuition fees before CDHC can issue me a visa.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by bashtee: 9:54pm On Dec 18, 2011
@Falopey
Paying tuition fee is not a must unless CDHC ask you to pay. Check CDHC website it is stated there.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by sabon: 2:02am On Dec 19, 2011
@ rowlandoo, @newmusic & @a.ayoola

Hi y'all, First of all the agent i used (FBIPS) in applying for my TRV are real. I had my doubts at first but i came across a friend who assured my they are okay.
Agents don't do anything special at all, if you feel you have the necessary knowledge to arrange all the files you need and you can answer all the questions in the visa forms accurately ,i advise you do it yourself to save cost.
I accept there will definitely be fake agents but trust me there are quite a number of genuine agents , you just need to broaden your range. Most of all those fresh 14 - 17yrs applying for Canada use agents and everything goes smooth.
More importantly about FBIPS you can go check their office yourself at Ikeja Alausa for self validity.
Suite 13, Block B (ground floor)
ALAUSA Shopping Mall
131, Obafemi Awolowo Way
Alausa, Ikeja, Lagos.

May Allah guide us all to the right path.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Aiwehia: 8:11am On Dec 19, 2011
@Tolyem, newacca, babdud, bastee et al: thanks so much
i will soon post a list of all the docs i used, but more importantly, it was God all the way!
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by bashtee: 8:52am On Dec 19, 2011
@Aiwehia
Congrats once again are you heading to Toronto?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (101)

On Vacation: New York City / I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.