Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,633 members, 7,801,828 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:52 AM

Travelling To Canada-part2 - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada-part2 (210225 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by usask4life: 1:11pm On Jan 17, 2012
Pls. For those who haven't deffered? I would suggest u hold on and wait on cdhc before taking d nxt step. This is what I got from them.

‪Your application is in queue, waiting to be processed.‬
‪ ‬
‪You would be advised should further documentation be required of you.‬
‪ ‬

‪Regards‬
‪Deputy High Commission of Canada‬
‪4 Anifowoshe Street‬
‪Victoria Island‬
‪Lagos.‬

Bless you.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by aayoola1(m): 1:17pm On Jan 17, 2012
@usask4life

Wen did u get d msg ? And hw ? Ws it by email?. I ws thnkin of goin ova there 2 inquire 4 my applictn status dis comin fridy.
Thnks
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by usask4life: 1:20pm On Jan 17, 2012
Yes. It was via an email. I emailed to inform them to expect my new acceptance letter which I already paid for before the strike. And that was d reply I got.
You would get d same info too buddy. I would suggest u just allow them do their thing. It is well,
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by aayoola1(m): 1:32pm On Jan 17, 2012
Ok! Thnks
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by rowlandoo: 2:07pm On Jan 17, 2012
@ house

why anybody dont want to answer me , please nahh

why i think we are here to help eachother and i know many things to help others with ,
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by henrywest(m): 4:24pm On Jan 17, 2012
Quote rowlandoo:
HOUSE OO I AM HERE , REAL HELP DIE

i need all the documents i am suppose to park along with all the checlisted docs from cdhc website  , i mean my personals ones to send alond with the downloaded ones from their site ,  AM going in for undergraduate , school reesumes september , need the docs i need o . Good people list am for me perfect.
Buddy. Its not fair. This is a public forum and sometimes who beed to apply our initiative to certain things. I took my time to copy and paste d requirements u needed and urged u to surf thru d thread for more and u are still bent on repeating d same questions? Its really not fair bro, Keep on asking and I hope some1 here answers ur question.
I would suggest u add someone privately oh his email, Try get someone's contact who u would be in close touch with.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Aiwehia: 6:12pm On Jan 17, 2012
@Tolyem: i do not think it is necessary to submit your wife/children's international passport, it is absolutely unnecessary! the marriage and birth certs are perfectly OK. just relax, God is in control. yeah, your house approve plan or other documents are okay, you can send them, hope they are in your name sha, or else, a letter explaining the different names should be included. All the best bro!
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by kaffy4tope(m): 4:04am On Jan 18, 2012
Hello house,
I am completely a newbie on this forum, although I have been a silent follower for long. Names like newacca, bashtee, justwise, and so many more have been so popular to me that I can never forget since hv bn following d thread. Plz house, I need ur help over the followin burnin issues:
I just got an acceptance letter frm a schl in canada to study a 4 years course for sept reumptn, as a newbie I need good pple experiences on the following

1: website of canada embassy in nigeria
2: Documents needed to attach, and mode of submission to the embassy
3: as sept resumptn expectant, when can I submit my application to the embassy?
4: my passport expires 2013, can I stil use it?
5: can I use my church account as my sponsor? Thanks and hop to get replies real soon.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by kaffy4tope(m): 4:05am On Jan 18, 2012
Hello house,
I am completely a newbie on this forum, although I have been a silent follower for long. Names like newacca, bashtee, justwise, and so many more have been so popular to me that I can never forget since hv bn following d thread. Plz house, I need ur help over the followin burnin issues:
I just got an acceptance letter frm a schl in canada to study a 4 years course for sept reumptn, as a newbie I need good pple experiences on the following

1: website of canada embassy in nigeria
2: Documents needed to attach, and mode of submission to the embassy
3: as sept resumptn expectant, when can I submit my application to the embassy?
4: my passport expires 2013, can I stil use it?
5: can I use my church account as my sponsor? Thanks and hop to get replies real soon.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by bashtee: 6:56am On Jan 18, 2012
Kaffy
All the required documents are listed on the CDHC website.
As for the church acct, yes you can use if there is adequate fund in it and also you wil have to back it up with supportive documents to prove sponsor's ownership and access to fund and your relationship to the sponsor.If you back to previous posts here you will get more information.

@newacca
I don't have skype, I will try and get one.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by newacca: 9:20am On Jan 18, 2012
@kaffy4tope,
1. The web address of CDHC,Lagos : http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/nigeria

2. You will find list of documents and mode of submission on the embassy's website

3. You are to submit at least 3months before ur start date. I will advise u to submit ur application by April ( 5mnths) to start date cos u have d grace of applying 6mths b4 start date. I advised cos recently it takes more thana 3mths to process study visa in Lagos office.

4. Yes,u can use ur passport that will expire in 2013as long as it is has at least 3 or 6mnths validity(not sure) before ur application. But u can use ur passport since it expires in 2013 and u will be applying long b4 dat time.

5. Yes, u can use ur church as sponsor,but u need to prove why the church is sponsoring u. is it gonna be a scholarship? Your church can sponsor u,but u really need to prove to the visa officer why ur church is sponsoring u to study abroad. Give the reasons to the house here,and people will weigh it if u r good with ur reasons and if not they will advice u on what to do concerning d sponsorship or hw to present ur case when u wanna apply.
Good luck.

@Bashtee,
I gotta be expecting ur skype address.
ciao
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by tolyem(m): 11:40am On Jan 18, 2012
@Aiwehia & newacca,Delta05

@Tolyem: i do not think it is necessary to submit your wife/children's international passport, it is absolutely unnecessary! the marriage and birth certs are perfectly OK. just relax, God is in control. yeah, your house approve plan or other documents are okay, you can send them, hope they are in your name sha, or else, a letter explaining the different names should be included. All the best bro!

Do you advice if i could submit the new acceptance letter and my house approved plan(its in my name) today or tommorow. The extended date given to me by the school is friday 20th January, 2012.

Pls all, can I submit tommorow or wait till cdhc ask me to do so, my new date if April 30th, 2012
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by jman77(m): 1:13pm On Jan 18, 2012
@bullstriker,@babdud and @all.please tell me what to do cos I'm very very confused.i went to the high court to certify the said certificates buy to my surprise they said they no longer offer the certification services DUE TO FAKE CERTIFICATE AROUND THESE DAYS,that i should go to the school that issued the certificate for certifying.i went there almost immediately and you know WAEC nao !they refereed me to their Lagos office for "confirmation of result" instead of certifying the photocopy at the rate of #10,000 and some other bottle neck processes.what other options is left for me and please who or what is "notary fellow".i'm due to send my supporting document on FEB 1.Please your advise(s) ASAP
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Babdud: 2:44pm On Jan 18, 2012
@jman777;
go to the waec office for dt xplain to den dt is a mata of urgency,or u buy waec scratch card along wit ur other doc to d embassy to as dey can confirm it themselves.
abt notary fellow is person dt can notarized ur document i.e lawyer,cheif judge or commissioner of oath @ high court or ministry of justice either state or federal.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by cycline404(m): 2:44pm On Jan 18, 2012
@Tolyem, Bin a long time we spoke its the strike thing jo, no mind Jonathan my brother soon now we would be under a good government,

I think you should submit your new start date and if you have more relevant documents you can submit them alongside.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by jman77(m): 8:28pm On Jan 18, 2012
@babdud,i appreciate your prompt response and all your explanations understood.but the said document to be certified are supporting documents for the application and not for the visa application.should i just attach a scratch card and send it or what?.tanxs my mansad
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by sucrecruz: 10:47pm On Jan 18, 2012
THE HOUSE IS BUSY AGAIN WE ARE ALL BACK FROM THE PROTEST ESPECIALLY OUR FOLKS FRM LAGOS WELCOME BACK ALL.
PLEASE JUST WANTED TO FIND OUT IF CDHC DO GIVE WAIVER FOR MEDICALS FOR THOSE THAT FUNCTION IN ORGANISATION WHERE THEY CARRY OUT ROUTINE MEDICAL EXERCISE.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by fasa2020(m): 6:36am On Jan 19, 2012
@justwise, bashtee and newacca

Can you guys help with nice schools anywhere in Canada that offers Diploma programs ? I will appreciate ,
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by rashypep(m): 7:51am On Jan 19, 2012
Any help from the public, can i get a graduate school in computer science in canada with a cgpa of 2.93? your post will be appreciated
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by aayoola1(m): 8:15am On Jan 19, 2012
@fasa2020

I knw of BCIT(www.bcit.ca) and SAIT (sait.ca), there re many oda 1z too. Chk dis website:
http://www.aucc.ca/canadian-universities/study-programs/

@rashyrep
I doubt if u can get an admssn wit d@ cgpa, cuz most schoolz in canada require @ least a 2.1. (70%)
U may wnt 2 xplore oda optns like maybe a diploma
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by bashtee: 8:29am On Jan 19, 2012
@fasa
You can check on Seneca College or Toronto College of Tech. They offer good diploma courses
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by rashypep(m): 8:51am On Jan 19, 2012
will i need to get a GRE exams for a diploma in canadian uni?
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by eo2002: 9:36am On Jan 19, 2012
Important Notice: As of December 16th, 2011, drop box services will no longer be available and we will no longer accept applications submitted by courier or by mail. All applications for Temporary Residence Visas and Permanent Resident Travel Documents must be submitted either to the Visa Application Center or in person at the Visa Office.

Found this on the website : http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/nigeria/visas/fees-frais.aspx?lang=eng&view=d

Does this mean I'll have to drop my application in person? and more so whats the payment for logistics for i really don't get.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by fasa2020(m): 10:30am On Jan 19, 2012
a.ayoola:

@fasa2020

I knw of BCIT(www.bcit.ca) and SAIT (sait.ca), there re many oda 1z too. Chk dis website:
http://www.aucc.ca/canadian-universities/study-programs/

Thanks

bashtee:

@fasa
You can check on Seneca College or Toronto College of Tech. They offer good diploma courses

Thanks

eo2002:

Important Notice: As of December 16th, 2011, drop box services will no longer be available and we will no longer accept applications submitted by courier or by mail. All applications for Temporary Residence Visas and Permanent Resident Travel Documents must be submitted either to the Visa Application Center or in person at the Visa Office.

Found this on the website :  http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/nigeria/visas/fees-frais.aspx?lang=eng&view=d

Does this mean I'll have to drop my application in person? and more so whats the payment for logistics for i really don't get.

Capital YES, the TRV application must be submitted in person ! do you see any logistics payment there? If so, i think that should be in the era of courier,
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by ditimiya(m): 11:47am On Jan 19, 2012
hi nairalanders am so happy that the people here take each other like a big family am so happy for the help u give to yourselves, and is so encouraging to see people praying for the betterment of some one he or she has never met before and making sure he has the mind to try again. God with his mercy will see you all to ur heart desires i pray, Amen. please am trying to do a master program in Canada i need any good school that offer inter-networking and the fees, am planing to start the admission right away for September admission. thanks you.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by rubenic(m): 3:01pm On Jan 19, 2012
@all, Can i use a scanned (printed in color) copy of my admission letter to process student visa. Original copy may take awhile to arrive. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Babdud: 3:19pm On Jan 19, 2012
@jman77,i now undastood u, if its ur supporting documents to the sch u dont nid to certified it just make d photocopy bt i'd advise make d copy photocopy of all ur doc n send ova to d school u're good to go, u can u attached d card n u may nt since is 4 school i taut is 4 d embassy broda send it ova,
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by eo2002: 4:18pm On Jan 19, 2012
Study permit :

4-6 months*

Processing times begin on the day our office receives a complete application and end on the day the final decision (i.e. approval/refusal) leaves our office. These are not a guarantee of how long it will take to process your application. We are currently experiencing very high volumes of applications in all categories. The processing times indicated below will be adjusted as volume change.

Please can i submit my application tomorrow cos am applying for May. hope its not too late.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by cycline404(m): 10:08pm On Jan 19, 2012
rubenic:

@all, Can i use a scanned (printed in color) copy of my admission letter to process student visa. Original copy may take awhile to arrive. Thanks

When is your start date, well you cant use a scanned letter original is only accepted. When is your start date? cos your original shouldnt take up to 2weeks to arrive as even most schools make use of private courier.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by bashtee: 10:15pm On Jan 19, 2012
@cycline
how far what's d situation dere? You guz in lag ve access to more info than us .have u changed you resumption date?
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by fasa2020(m): 4:24am On Jan 20, 2012
HELP !

do CDHC asks all applicants to proceed in paying tuition fees ? And if yes, does paying sch fees initiates the processing faster ?
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by cycline404(m): 8:27am On Jan 20, 2012
bashtee:

@cycline
how far what's d situation dere? You guz in lag ve access to more info than us .have u changed you resumption date?

Nothing much really, we have extended to 23rd but still yet to hear from them, All will be well God knows.

fasa2020:

HELP !

do CDHC asks all applicants to proceed in paying tuition fees ? And if yes, does paying sch fees initiates the processing faster ?

They only instruct you to pay if your admission is conditional or else you just av to wait until they ask you to, or only if the school insist you must,

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (101)

I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! / On Vacation: New York City / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.