Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,936 members, 7,799,169 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:27 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 (212075 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (101) (Go Down)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by justwise(m): 8:48am On Dec 13, 2011
Please continue posting your enquiries here, the previous thread has reached and passed 100 pages.

Part1 is here for reference purposes: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-240241.0.html

. . . Sorry for the inconvenience grin

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 9:24am On Dec 13, 2011
Justwise, this doesn't keep the originality of either the first thread or the thread's topic.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by justwise(m): 9:38am On Dec 13, 2011
imperiouxx:

Justwise, this doesn't keep the [b]originality [/b]of either the first thread or the thread's topic.

It does, has anything changed? Though i understand your point, its a normal reaction to 'change', we will get used to it with time.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by newacca: 9:40am On Dec 13, 2011
@imperiouxx,
It also happened to our thread: travelling to Canada. To view the previous posts,u can click on d link justwise included. sorry for the inconvenience  cool  smiley
ciao
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 10:49am On Dec 13, 2011
No prob guyz, I'm with you. JW, it being sometime. Sup?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kaycome: 11:08am On Dec 13, 2011
Mehn this thread is the longest so far in nairaland ooooo. cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kaycome: 11:18am On Dec 13, 2011
Mehn this thread is the longest so far in nairaland ooooo. cheesy   imperioux  please i contacted the man in charge of certificate in my skool and he told me that my certificate is not yet ready. I need it to complete my wes evaluation. presently wes is verifying my transcript. what do you think i should do ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by mydestiny2: 11:40am On Dec 13, 2011
after d biometrics, we queud.when it was my turn, i heard next applicant. i quickly rushed to window 8
vo (a vry nice lady): did i call u?
me: (murmured and was just goin back to my seat when i heard next applicant again.d other applicant told me it was d lady at window 7.i hissed slightly and pretended dat i need to go to d toilet and just immediately i came back on seat)
nxt applicant! i went to window 6.i was really nervous)
vo: pass me ur doc
vo: why do u want to go to d us

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by mydestiny2: 12:01pm On Dec 13, 2011
me: (was passing d doc and explaining at d same time) us offers outstanding program in virtually all fields & because i will be using,
vo: (interupted) why do u want to go to d us?
me: , for example in my school, (interuptd again)
vo: dont tell me abt ur school, tell me why u want to go to d us
me: , because i will be using the latest technology in my field,
vo: what technology
me: osciloscope
vo: so osciloscope is nt in nigeria
me: ther is no osciloscope in my school(while sayin this i bangd
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by rowlandoo: 12:07pm On Dec 13, 2011
@my destiny
u dey make me laugh try reapply , try and finish your interview experience we cant get any point from what you just posted
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by mydestiny2: 12:22pm On Dec 13, 2011
d table i was leanin on)
vo: let me see your waec
me: gave him my waec
vo: (raised it up above his head as if he was checkin a fake #1000 note)
vo: i am comin (probably went to check under uv light)
me: ok (inside myself i was saying God, i av really screwed up, ther is no way am gonna rectified dis. dis man is gonna deny me)
vosadgave me my pasport and doc) am sorry am goin to deny u dis visa, u do not qualify, bla bla bla
me: pack my doc& was abt goin den i ask him u stil av d rest of my doc
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by mydestiny2: 12:40pm On Dec 13, 2011
was refering to my ds160&apointment letter, d man chuckled a smile and told me: dis is for our record.
it was when i got outside dat i realised he gave me a white slip.
i opend d security gate abt goin outside when d security man calld me, u forgot u left ur phone with us.
i opend my bag,gave him d tag and collected my phone.then he askd were u denied? i told him,guy u saw my passport and u re still askin wer u denied.then he said dis is nt the end of the world. really, it is not the end of d world
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by webstradamus: 12:52pm On Dec 13, 2011
Just got a direct flight from Lagos to Atlanta (Delta Airlines) via Wakanow for N108,625. It's the craziest deal I've found since I started searching for flights. Anybody willing to travel on the 29th of December can cash in on this while it lasts. Spread the news!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by keneyinks: 1:12pm On Dec 13, 2011
@ classy i want appointment date for f1 abuja december. I will be glad if u can get it for me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by classy013: 1:21pm On Dec 13, 2011
sorry not at this time. It's absolutely impossible to get Dec date now unless on ED. You may try Lagos.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by keneyinks: 1:24pm On Dec 13, 2011
@ classy can we chat pls add me on yahoo msg abyinka11@yahoo.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by classy013: 1:30pm On Dec 13, 2011
My Destiny, the lady would have issued visa. But you didn't know why you're going to America. I think next time, you will get it if you compose yourself very well.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by classy013: 3:21pm On Dec 13, 2011
House, I have one specific question. Assuming one tells the VO that one of the reasons for studying in America is to get certified in one's area of study. Will the VO think that person has the tendency to work in America?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Square65: 3:36pm On Dec 13, 2011
My Destiny,

Why do you think the VO was asking the same question over and over again?

He asked a clear question: "Why are you going to the US?"

Simple sample answers are: "For business", "For my undergrad", "For my grad studies", "For a fashion show", "To watch world cup", "To go and see the Statue of Liberty", "To go and charge my phone battery (lol)"etc etc etc

but u already jumped to question #2 answering "Why the US?". See the difference?

The VO must've been really disappointed. Going forward, it's really good you shared this cos, trust me, you won't fumble on this question again.

Wishing u all d best

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by mydestiny2: 4:58pm On Dec 13, 2011
thanks classy
thanks square, i appreciate ur comment.

i tot in my mind dat the vo meant: why do u want to study in the usa.thats why i kept repeatin same thing.
i just paid for new vfs fee, so wot do i do nxt.
checkd my appointment page, tryd to cancel buts givin me error msg: u cannot cancel ur appointment at this time.
pls heeeeeeelpppppppppppppppppppp!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kaycome: 9:20pm On Dec 13, 2011
imperioux please i contacted the man in charge of certificate in my skool and he told me that my certificate is not yet ready. I need it to complete my wes evaluation. presently wes is verifying my transcript. what do you think i should do ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 9:35pm On Dec 13, 2011
What happened during that interview was ''GIGO'' i.e Gabage In Gabage Out. Hope they won't ask for my head or my visa before I can make comments here again.

@Kaycome,

I actually login once again to answer your post. Without your certified certificate copy, I guess nothing can be done. Your status will remain the same for as long as they get it. I will prefer you writing wes through their ask for more enquiries. They don't reply on time or not at all but who knows may be they will answer for your kind of case. There should be a way out. Let me know if you need more guidelines or simply catch me on imperiouxx at yahoo dot com. Out again.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kaycome: 9:38pm On Dec 13, 2011
@ imperiouxx please i need a response to my question.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 9:45pm On Dec 13, 2011
If you heard that wes has sent to your sch here in Nigeria for verification, then you don't have to worry anymore. The next step 7 to 10 days after your sch reply them (verification process) is evaluation completed. Though sometimes you get that status and later go back to ''waiting for complete documents'' after you think verification has actually started. This got me mad during my evaluation when admission deadline almost cut me off.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kaycome: 9:47pm On Dec 13, 2011
thanks for you reply.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 9:48pm On Dec 13, 2011
I'm answering bro. How you know verification has started is by asking your university here to confirm if they got any letter from wes. If yes, then it has started.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 9:52pm On Dec 13, 2011
kaycome:

thanks for you reply.

If you think I have helped. *cheers*
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by mimi234: 11:01pm On Dec 13, 2011
*subscribed*

Good luck everyone i have to gain admission first lolol, most probably be applying for visa around May/June 2012,

, All your stories are very interesting and helpful!!

Its very interesting to see that these VO's don't place as much emphasis on finances as I would have thought.

Also is anyone going to a state that they don't have family and friends, I'm most likely will - kinda scared as I'm a very homely girl looool. Anyways sha I have kinda a year to pukker up  grin. #fall 2012 applicant.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by teachme(m): 12:13am On Dec 14, 2011
my bad!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Gbenge77(m): 8:30am On Dec 14, 2011
webstradamus:

Just got a direct flight from Lagos to Atlanta (Delta Airlines) via Wakanow for N108,625. It's the craziest deal I've found since I started searching for flights. Anybody willing to travel on the 29th of December can cash in on this while it lasts. Spread the news!!!
Considering the fact that i flew with Delta for 230,000Ngn last year,thats unbelievable.They serve great Nigerian foods on board though.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by webstradamus: 8:47am On Dec 14, 2011
Gbenge 77:

Considering the fact that i flew with Delta for 230,000Ngn last year,thats unbelievable.They serve great Nigerian foods on board though.

U can say that again!!! I have actually modified my flight to include my final stop (Minneapolis). So I'll be doing LOS-ATL-MSP all for 145,216 NGN. Great bargain I never imagined I could get!!! I know Delta might not be comfy like Qatar/Emirates but am better off without the long middle east layovers. 8hrs idling in any airport (no matter how posh) no be beans if u ask me  grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by keneyinks: 8:54am On Dec 14, 2011
hello house.

Please i need a contact of anyone that arrange for f1 appointment for fair, maybe dec or early jan abuja precisely.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (101)

Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou / Poland Work Visa / Where Are Nigerians In Australia .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.