Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,516 members, 7,801,375 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:26 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (224) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1032736 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 3:31pm On Nov 08, 2016
Foreveryours201:

Yes I want to send off the appeal by this week. If I wait for Naric and Hubby's University I believe the 28 days would have lapsed, so I am intending to submit the degree cert and letter again and will mention that I am waiting for the NARIC Letter/Certificate and once it becomes available I will forward it on.

Would you mind forwarding on your appeal statement please?

Nairaland troops are really out to assist you.......... I think you are now fully armed to take on the............
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Foreveryours201: 3:33pm On Nov 08, 2016
Uchman365:

I will see if I still have a copy of my appeal. It wasn't actually technical at all, I didn't quote any cases. I just addressed the issues the ECO with supporting documents and added the ones I missed out earlier (letter from employer and extra payslips)

I just stated that I have more documents which I believe will address his concerns and said I believe some documents were mistakenly overlooked, that's all.

The good thing is that you just have to address ONLY the missing criteria, that's it, nothing extra. I got out a highlighter and marked every relevant thing on the documents, labelled everything clearly and sent it off. Once they reviewed it, they overturned the refusal without having to go further

Yes I intend to do same. However, how am I supposed to address the income part as I submitted all I possibly could (7 payslips, Letter from employer, P60 and bank statements with salary going in). I did get ANOTHER Letter and 3 new payslips (since last application) today from my employer that I want to submit with the appeal. Perhaps I highlight the gross salary showing on my payslips, because I did this on the bank statements I provided.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Foreveryours201: 3:34pm On Nov 08, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Nairaland troops are really out to assist you.......... I think you are now fully armed to take on the............

I know right!! You guys are awesome, seriously. I didn't think I would get this much assistance. I just want to be fully armed. lol
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 3:43pm On Nov 08, 2016
Foreveryours201:

Yes I intend to do same. However, how am I supposed to address the income part as[b] I submitted all I possibly could (7 payslips, Letter from employer, P60 and bank statements with salary going in)[/b]. I did get ANOTHER Letter and 3 new payslips (since last application) today from my employer that I want to submit with the appeal. Perhaps I highlight the gross salary showing on my payslips, because I did this on the bank statements I provided.

Submit all submittables ......... All new wage slips, bank statements, P60 etc etc
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 3:43pm On Nov 08, 2016
Foreveryours201:

Yes I intend to do same. However, how am I supposed to address the income part as I submitted all I possibly could (7 payslips, Letter from employer, P60 and bank statements with salary going in). I did get ANOTHER Letter and 3 new payslips (since last application) today from my employer that I want to submit with the appeal. Perhaps I highlight the gross salary showing on my payslips, because I did this on the bank statements I provided.

Submit all submittables ......... All new wage slips, bank statements, P60 etc etc
NB: Remember, we are going on the premise that loads were simply overlooked or ignored
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Caribbeanwify28: 3:59pm On Nov 08, 2016
Hey guys

Hubby just got an email from tlscontact that a decision has been made and he will be emailed when to collect over the next few days...

Not long now fingers crossed its good news! Not easy waiting from April 16 for a decision. sad sad

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 4:03pm On Nov 08, 2016
Caribbeanwify28:
Hey guys

Hubby just got an email from tlscontact that a decision has been made and he will be emailed when to collect over the next few days...

Not long now fingers crossed its good news! Not easy waiting from April 16 for a decision. sad sad

We have already wrapped your hubby in a sock. All we need do now, is throw him down the chimney(just ensure the fire is turned off).

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Foreveryours201: 4:05pm On Nov 08, 2016
Caribbeanwify28:
Hey guys

Wait. was this from an appeal?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by wallg123: 4:06pm On Nov 08, 2016
Caribbeanwify28:
Hey guys

congratulations for your bravery and patience

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Foreveryours201: 4:15pm On Nov 08, 2016
Lexusgs430:

NB: Remember, we are going on the premise that loads were simply overlooked or ignored

Hey, just a query. Hubby cannot apply for a visiting visa whilst we apply for an appeal can he? So he can be here to witness the delivery? or that is not a good idea?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 4:33pm On Nov 08, 2016
Foreveryours201:

Hey, just a query. Hubby cannot apply for a visiting visa whilst we apply for an appeal can he? So he can be here to witness the delivery? or that is not a good idea?

No.
I nominate justwise for bedside delivery duties....... ..
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 4:33pm On Nov 08, 2016
Foreveryours201:

No. Normal application
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 4:40pm On Nov 08, 2016
Benz101:
@justwise, the second option is not applicable to degrees taught in Nigeria as Nigeria is not recognized as an English speaking country under the UKBA.
I honestly don't think you read that part carefully.. probably you were in a hurry. Take your time and go through again.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Foreveryours201: 4:54pm On Nov 08, 2016
Lexusgs430:

No.
I nominate justwise for bedside delivery duties....... ..

LOL. O serious.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Foreveryours201: 6:07pm On Nov 08, 2016
Uchman365:

One other thing, put your name as his rep in the appeal and get him to email the tribunal giving you authority to receive all correspondence. If not, they send it through the Naija postal system, it took almost three months for my wife to get the first letter!

You mean in these sections? And it's OK for me to be both his rep and sponsor?

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Foreveryours201: 7:04pm On Nov 08, 2016
Lexusgs430:

No. Normal application

From April until now though? that's a bit long.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 7:14pm On Nov 08, 2016
Foreveryours201:

From April until now though? that's a bit long.

That's unfortunately the type of sword they are welding.....
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Caribbeanwify28: 8:07pm On Nov 08, 2016
No..The HO claim my husbands case was not straightforward. Then the lawyer provided an incorrect email and the mobile number for my hubby missing a digit. So we were not getting any correspondences.

Thanks to myself being proactive and not waiting on the lawyer who I paid in full upfront, I managed to update the contact details and pay the IHS charge that the lawyer said he had paid. Long story with back to back DRAMA! Just awaiting the decision now... So fingers crossed its good news...

Foreveryours201:

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Caribbeanwify28: 8:08pm On Nov 08, 2016
No..The HO claim my husbands case was not straightforward. Then the lawyer provided an incorrect email and the mobile number for my hubby missing a digit. So we were not getting any correspondences.

Thanks to myself being proactive and not waiting on the lawyer who I paid in full upfront, I managed to update the contact details and pay the IHS charge that the lawyer said he had paid. Long story with back to back DRAMA! Just awaiting the decision now... So fingers crossed its good news...

Foreveryours201:

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Foreveryours201: 8:14pm On Nov 08, 2016
Caribbeanwify28:

Wow. Sounds like you have been through alot. Why did you hire a Lawyer if you don't mind me asking?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Caribbeanwify28: 8:28pm On Nov 08, 2016
No I dont mind. My husband got the lawyer before he left in december last year. I told my hubby I could have done the application but he believes in lawyers to much. We paid £550 to the lawyer, total piss take! when I used to call him and say the application is taking longer than normal he said when a decision is made we would be contacted...

Foreveryours201:

Wow. Sounds like you have been through alot. Why did you hire a Lawyer if you don't mind me asking?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by AdaNewbie1290: 9:46pm On Nov 08, 2016
wallg123:
Good Morning guys,

Please a quick question: Who has travelled with Air Maroc before?, Can they be recommended?. They seem to be the most pocket friendly Airline to LHR. .... If they not good let me stick with Lufthansa ............Your urgent advice is needed so i can book flight today..... Thanks
Fly Ethiopian Air. Thank me later!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by AdaNewbie1290: 9:55pm On Nov 08, 2016
Foreveryours201:

Hi There,

Thanks.
1. The property is in my name and has been since 2007.
2. I am unsure why this was stated. I submitted 7 months payslips that was issued, signed and stamped by my employer. My employer also wrote a letter confirming my position, salary, length of service and even listed earnings for the 7 months reflecting the payslip. I also submitted my P60 (which also showed my salary. In addition i submitted my bank statement and highlighted my salary that is paid in.
3. I definitely submitted the bills, so I will go with the fact that they did not see them.
4. The tenancy manager has stated and I called him again today, that he cannot specify that my spouse can come and live with me, he can only state that I am the tenant, how long i have been the tenant and how many rooms there,which is reflected in a tenancy agreement of course.
5. Hubby submitted degree certificate with a letter from his University confirming his degree was taught and examined in English.

I know the appeal process is long. I am just unsure of the actual process. One cannot submit new information? Or I can if it it backs up previously submitted information with the application?
We had the same issue with council about the letter. They ended up giving us a letter containing what you stated above. We then quoted the section of the tenancy agreement that stated he could "take in a lodger" in our sponsorship letter. We got the visa
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by oyinkan01: 10:07pm On Nov 08, 2016
Hello Everyone,
This is my first time here. I need candid advice please. I am married and we started our relationship in 2014. We had our introduction last year in Nigeria before my husband travelled for his masters degree. That same last year, i moved to the US as a green card holder. Its been a year now and still settling into the system and we got married few months ago.
The issue is my husband has since changed his visa on completion of his master degree to work visa and is currently working. He wants to file a dependance visa for me but we dont know where to file from either from the US or NIgeria considering the rate of refusal.
What documents do we need , we have a marriage certificate, but i want to know the pitfalls to avoid.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Foreveryours201: 10:14pm On Nov 08, 2016
AdaNewbie1290:

We had the same issue with council about the letter. They ended up giving us a letter containing what you stated above. We then quoted the section of the tenancy agreement that stated he could "take in a lodger" in our sponsorship letter. We got the visa

Oh OK. Was this at first application or you had to reapply/appeal?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by wallg123: 10:44pm On Nov 08, 2016
AdaNewbie1290:
Fly Ethiopian Air. Thank me later!
hahahaha u very funny
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by AdaNewbie1290: 1:24am On Nov 10, 2016
Foreveryours201:

Oh OK. Was this at first application or you had to reapply/appeal?
First application
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by AdaNewbie1290: 1:27am On Nov 10, 2016
wallg123:

hahahaha u very funny
How?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Foreveryours201: 1:34am On Nov 10, 2016
AdaNewbie1290:

First application

OK. Well that's good. I have to go through an appeal. Getting everything together now. HOPEFULLY the result will be a good one.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Foreveryours201: 9:47am On Nov 10, 2016
Lexusgs430:

That's unfortunately the type of sword they are welding.....

Morning Gurus!

So I have been gathering documents to attach to my appeal. They are:

- Payslips provided by employer from payroll system January - October 2016 (3 more since original application);

- P60 for 2016 (originally submitted);

- Letter from finance department confirming my employment, position, length of service and that payslips were issued from their payroll system and a break down of gross monthly earnings (submitted 1 originally so sending another) ;

- Employment contract ;

- Bank statements January - October 2016 (3 more statements since original application);

- quarterly gas bill July and October  (1 more since original application);

- quarterly electric bill July and October  (1 more since original application);

- Council tax bill (originally sent, sending again);

- Rent account statement x 2 (new info);

- Annual Student loan statement (new info);

- Gas safety record for rented accommodation  (new info);

- Tenancy  agreement + letter from tenancy  manager (new info);

- Maternity certificate  (new info, could not be submitted at time of application because they are only issued after a certain amount of weeks of pregnancy);

- Hospital detailed scan assessment letter confirming multpile pregnancy (originally sent);

- Mum's terminal illness diagnosis confirmation from GP;

- Applicant's degree certificate and letter from university confirming degree studied and examined in English  (originally submitted );

- Email correspondence from UK Naric regarding application for Degree comparability statement  (new info).

Pending documents to be sent once available:

UK Naric comparability statement 

Do you think this is all OK?

I have highlighted my name, address, employee number, date, gross earnings on payslips, employer letter and P60.

I have also highlighted my name, date and address on all bills, statements. I have highlighted on my bank statements where my salary is paid into my account as well as the date, name and address.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Abbylove: 12:51pm On Nov 10, 2016
This looks good dear.

Not to worry... they should over turn their decision.

Just stay positive, be prayerful and send in the rest of the documents soon as you have them (you might not need to eventually)

Foreveryours201:

Morning Gurus!

So I have been gathering documents to attach to my appeal. They are:

- Payslips provided by employer from payroll system January - October 2016 (3 more since original application);

- P60 for 2016 (originally submitted);

- Letter from finance department confirming my employment, position, length of service and that payslips were issued from their payroll system and a break down of gross monthly earnings (submitted 1 originally so sending another) ;

- Employment contract ;

- Bank statements January - October 2016 (3 more statements since original application);

- quarterly gas bill July and October  (1 more since original application);

- quarterly electric bill July and October  (1 more since original application);

- Council tax bill (originally sent, sending again);

- Rent account statement x 2 (new info);

- Annual Student loan statement (new info);

- Gas safety record for rented accommodation  (new info);

- Tenancy  agreement + letter from tenancy  manager (new info);

- Maternity certificate  (new info, could not be submitted at time of application because they are only issued after a certain amount of weeks of pregnancy);

- Hospital detailed scan assessment letter confirming multpile pregnancy (originally sent);

- Mum's terminal illness diagnosis confirmation from GP;

- Applicant's degree certificate and letter from university confirming degree studied and examined in English  (originally submitted );

- Email correspondence from UK Naric regarding application for Degree comparability statement  (new info).

Pending documents to be sent once available:

UK Naric comparability statement 

Do you think this is all OK?

I have highlighted my name, address, employee number, date, gross earnings on payslips, employer letter and P60.

I have also highlighted my name, date and address on all bills, statements. I have highlighted on my bank statements where my salary is paid into my account as well as the date, name and address.

(1) (2) (3) ... (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) ... (511) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.