Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,159 members, 7,780,124 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:58 AM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (236) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1026506 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by jelmusboy(m): 3:06pm On Dec 11, 2016
Did you experience this or just assuming?

Uchman365:

O boy na long tin o! 90 days at the very least
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by bintalabi(f): 5:36pm On Dec 11, 2016
hi house, can someone state step by step process of spouse visa application and necessary documents. My husband lives in the UK and he has a British passport.

the thread is just too long.

thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 8:07pm On Dec 11, 2016
bintalabi:
hi house, can someone state step by step process of spouse visa application and necessary documents. My husband lives in the UK and he has a British passport.

the thread is just too long.

thanks

The thread might be long, but it's full of all the information you require to successfully file in an application.
NCC has stepped on the brake's and not increased data subscription, buy 4 pepsi (long neck) + 8 Gala's + top up your data + get a pen and paper and start reading.
Or alternatively, I hear data is near enough free in the UK, get your husband reading and jotting...............

6 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by bintalabi(f): 8:50am On Dec 12, 2016
Lexusgs430:

The thread might be long, but it's full of all the information you require to successfully file in an application.
NCC has stepped on the brake's and not increased data subscription, buy 4 pepsi (long neck) + 8 Gala's + top up your data + get a pen and paper and start reading.
Or alternatively, I hear data is near enough free in the UK, get your husband reading and jotting...............

hmmmmmmmmm it's ok thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by deept(m): 9:10am On Dec 12, 2016
bintalabi:

hmmmmmmmmm it's ok thanks

Read portsmouth86 comments on the
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by AyaMide: 10:36am On Dec 12, 2016
k
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Jennyze: 2:25pm On Dec 12, 2016
I did priority too.. its less than 10 working days since they confirmed receipt of my application though smiley

Lexusgs430:

Money speaking Queen's English. The power and might of priority application.....................
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nkiruka1986(f): 1:30am On Dec 13, 2016
Hi everyone, I hope you are all well and that you are all soon united with your loved ones. This time I am not posting for advice but for prayers... I am sending a letter to the ECM tomorrow asking them to review our case. I am hoping that I will have something good to write about soon smiley
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 2:36am On Dec 13, 2016
Nkiruka1986:
Hi everyone, I hope you are all well and that you are all soon united with your loved ones. This time I am not posting for advice but for prayers... I am sending a letter to the ECM tomorrow asking them to review our case. I am hoping that I will have something good to write about soon smiley

Review your case? Are you reapplying? Appealing? Or you are simply hoping to pull the emotional plea?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Abbylove: 8:15am On Dec 13, 2016
Its been a while.

Did u apply for the visit visa as you said you would?

Are u allowed to ask for a review? The refusal was in October

Nkiruka1986:
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nkiruka1986(f): 8:57am On Dec 13, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Review your case? Are you reapplying? Appealing? Or you are simply hoping to pull the emotional plea?

We have started the process for the appeal and I am sending this in addition. And yes, I am hoping to pull the emotional plea... anything at this point.... I am missing my husband so much
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nkiruka1986(f): 9:02am On Dec 13, 2016
Abbylove:
Its been a while.

Did u apply for the visit visa as you said you would?

Are u allowed to ask for a review? The refusal was in October

I am pretty sure I am not allowed to ask for a review but I thought: "worst case scenario they don't read it..."
I haven't been able to apply for the visit visa yet because we needed to get the marriage certificate legalised by the Greek embassy first which is taking a while... apparently the Greek embassy has its own lawyer that goes to the registry office to check the books... because of the holidays they said that it is going to be ready after the first week of January
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 9:10am On Dec 13, 2016
Nkiruka1986:

We have started the process for the appeal and I am sending this in addition. And yes, I am hoping to pull the emotional plea... anything at this point.... I am missing my husband so much

The letter of emotional plea is good, but also dot all the i's + cross the t's, that lead to the original rejection (that combo is sure to knock them for SIX........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nkiruka1986(f): 9:54am On Dec 13, 2016
Lexusgs430:

The letter of emotional plea is good, but also dot all the i's + cross the t's, that lead to the original rejection (that combo is sure to knock them for SIX........

I hope so...We were rejected because we didn't provide evidence of communication before our wedding (bad advice from solicitor) so now they are saying they are not convinced we are a genuine couple so I think the only thing we can go is the emotional plea... I have also sent some evidence of our communication but it's almost impossible to prove to someone that you are in a relationship... it's easier to fulfil the financial requirement but how do you prove emotions and intentions?

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Abbylove: 3:34pm On Dec 13, 2016
Sorry hun..

Just stay strong.

You would scale through eventually.

Nkiruka1986:

I hope so...We were rejected because we didn't provide evidence of communication before our wedding (bad advice from solicitor) so now they are saying they are not convinced we are a genuine couple so I think the only thing we can go is the emotional plea... I have also sent some evidence of our communication but it's almost impossible to prove to someone that you are in a relationship... it's easier to fulfil the financial requirement but how do you prove emotions and intentions?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by oladunni4real: 3:50pm On Dec 13, 2016
congratulations to all,
please quick question, if sponsor changes work after application has been made, and still earns the threshold (18,600) in the new job, does he have to inform the UKVI about the new job?
Note, we have just 4 weeks left for application to come through if everything goes according to plan by God's grace by the time he is starting the new job.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nkiruka1986(f): 4:08pm On Dec 13, 2016
Abbylove:
Sorry hun..

Just stay strong.

You would scale through eventually.

Thank you Abbylove
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 11:14pm On Dec 13, 2016
oladunni4real:
congratulations to all,
please quick question, if sponsor changes work after application has been made, and still earns the threshold (18,600) in the new job, does he have to inform the UKVI about the new job?
Note, we have just 4 weeks left for application to come through if everything goes according to plan by God's grace by the time he is starting the new job.

Best to send in an email (quoting your application reference & stating details of job). If they make enquiries from previous employer and he is no longer employed by them, instant refusal.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Caribbeanwify28: 12:27am On Dec 14, 2016
Hiya @ Abbylove...

I haven't forgotten about you....wishing you all the best.

My hubby has been back nearly 3 weeks now so he's just settling in.... smiley

Abbylove:
Tell me about it!

11.1 working days av gone by...

No refund of IHS (thank God)
No interview invitation
No mail about process being complicated
No news
No update.

Hubby sent them a mail. Hopefully we would hear from them this week.

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by oladunni4real: 7:17am On Dec 14, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Best to send in an email (quoting your application reference & stating details of job). If they make enquiries from previous employer and he is no longer employed by them, instant refusthe al.

So is it advisable to hold on to the previous job until the application is through or go through the email path?
If he goes through the email path should he send the email after he starts the job or before?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 8:40am On Dec 14, 2016
oladunni4real:

So is it advisable to hold on to the previous job until the application is through or go through the email path?
If he goes through the email path should he send the email after he starts the job or before?

If he has not quit the job on the application, best to hold fire.
Simply because if they call the employer, and it's confirmed he has quit, yawa fit gas...........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by oladunni4real: 9:21am On Dec 14, 2016
Lexusgs430:

If he has not quit the job on the application, best to hold fire.
Simply because if they call the employer, and it's confirmed he has quit, yawa fit gas...........

What if he rotates between the two jobs, that way he is still there and takes the new job? But that might affect the financial requirement on the job we applied with. What say you on this?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 9:37am On Dec 14, 2016
oladunni4real:

What if he rotates between the two jobs, that way he is still there and takes the new job? But that might affect the financial requirement on the job we applied with. What say you on this?

I hear jobs are scarce in the UK now, and your husband is lucky enough to jirate between two jobs (sorry meant rotate between 2 jobs)
When you say rotate, what exactly do you mean?
Don't give this people any reason to doubt the job entry requirements........
If the jiration (sorry rotation), affects the financial requirements. It simply meant a key prerequisite of the application process is not meet.......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by oladunni4real: 9:48am On Dec 14, 2016
Lexusgs430:

I hear jobs are scarce in the UK now, and your husband is lucky enough to jirate between two jobs (sorry meant rotate between 2 jobs)
When you say rotate, what exactly do you mean?
Don't give this people any reason to doubt the job entry requirements........
If the jiration (sorry rotation), affects the financial requirements. It simply meant a key prerequisite of the application process is not meet.......
I don't get that part, which people?

grin grin you are just a very hilarious fellow....I can't stop laughing at your comment. Well money has to be made, and if you see opportunity, best you grab it my brother.
We met the financial requirement before submitting the application, but what I mean is that if he decides to jirate between the two jobs, less hrs will be spent on the first one, which will reduce the amout he makes monthly,
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 10:02am On Dec 14, 2016
oladunni4real:

I don't get that part, which people?

grin grin you are just a very hilarious fellow....I can't stop laughing at your comment. Well money has to be made, and if you see opportunity, best you grab it my brother.
We met the financial requirement before submitting the application, but what I mean is that if he decides to jirate between the two jobs, less hrs will be spent on the first one, which will reduce the amout he makes monthly,

Remember that prior to the jiration, the financial requirements were meet. You don't know when this people might call his employer. If they call and figures are inquired about and the figures are not meet, and you have not informed them about the new jiration, which would augment the figures (this fact they don't know, because you have not informed them of the change in job status).
This people - This are the people that look at your application, while drinking coffee, tea and doughnuts deciding if Mrs oladunni4real should go and stay with MrOladunni4real................
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Abbylove: 11:05am On Dec 14, 2016
Thank you so much Caribbeanwify28.

Am hanging now.
Its been exactly 60 working days now...we are still hanging. No news whatsoever.

Hubby is getting ready to spam them with mails. Lol.

Am tired!

Hope your hubby is settling in well?

Caribbeanwify28:
Hiya @ Abbylove...

I haven't forgotten about you....wishing you all the best.

My hubby has been back nearly 3 weeks now so he's just settling in.... smiley

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Abbylove: 11:09am On Dec 14, 2016
Someone needs to tell "This People" to hurry up on my application oh.

Lexusgs430:

Remember that prior to the jiration, the financial requirements were meet. You don't know when this people might call his employer. If they call and figures are inquired about and the figures are not meet, and you have not informed them about the new jiration, which would augment the figures (this fact they don't know, because you have not informed them of the change in job status).
This people - This are the people that look at your application, while drinking coffee, tea and doughnuts deciding if Mrs oladunni4real should go and stay with MrOladunni4real................
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by jelmusboy(m): 2:05pm On Dec 14, 2016
Hello guys.

Can one deduce from the email sent by TLS or visa office that a visa is granted or refused?

NB: Tier 4 dependant visa
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by oladunni4real: 2:26pm On Dec 14, 2016
Thank you lexis..... we will try and avoid these people. So best is to write the letter. So we do we address it to
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Foreveryours201: 4:40pm On Dec 14, 2016
jelmusboy:
Hello guys.

Can one deduce from the email sent by TLS or visa office that a visa is granted or refused?

NB: Tier 4 dependant visa

Nope. !
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Abbylove: 1:32am On Dec 15, 2016
Fingers crossed.

I decided to track my application using their enquiry form.

Got a response saying decision has been made... (the usual automated message)

Now patiently waiting for Sheffield & TLS' s mails
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Jennyze: 10:16am On Dec 15, 2016
Please how do you use the enquiry form?

Abbylove:
Fingers crossed.

I decided to track my application using their enquiry form.

Got a response saying decision has been made... (the usual automated message)

Now patiently waiting for Sheffield & TLS' s mails

(1) (2) (3) ... (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.