Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,941 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:33 AM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (420) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1033132 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lamakinde(m): 9:45pm On Nov 11, 2018
Please @Lexusgs430, i need clarification on how to send the documents to sheffield. Send the coloured copy of the british passport in an envelope and a copy of the TB cert in another one? Please kindly respond asap so that my friend can post it tomorrow. Thanks.
Lexusgs430:

Best to send the letter and exercise a bit of patience, saving them over £2300........

When patience wears thin, the latter option can be considered. But I am so over confident that upon reconsideration, the initial decision would be overturned....
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 10:39pm On Nov 11, 2018
Lamakinde:
Please @Lexusgs430, i need clarification on how to send the documents to sheffield. Send the coloured copy of the british passport in an envelope and a copy of the TB cert in another one? Please kindly respond asap so that my friend can post it tomorrow. Thanks.

Nope. You are sending both together, arm in arm, leg & leg, in the same package.....

Include a formal letter of explaination + application reference number ..........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lamakinde(m): 12:16am On Nov 12, 2018
Aye Aye captain copy that. Thanks grin

Lexusgs430:

Nope. You are sending both together, arm in arm, leg & leg, in the same package.....

Include a formal letter of explaination + application reference number ..........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 12:39am On Nov 12, 2018
Lamakinde:
Aye Aye captain copy that. Thanks grin

While this is ongoing, also file an appeal (so you don't lose that window)......

Also state in the formal letter, that you have lodged an appeal, against the original decision.....

NB: I would have expected them to either put a phone call through or email, requesting missing documents...... But who am I to be expecting .......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Veacon: 8:20am On Nov 12, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Mberi haka ..........

Yayi kamata o
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Show1223: 1:53pm On Nov 12, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Show1223, readynow et all ........

Best to drop ur email address, so it can be 4warded........ When you receive, update forum.......

I'm sorry for the delay, pls Google "introductory letter for spouse visa" u'll see examples. Or mail me showbola55@gmail.com. sorry for just responding.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ManlikeTee: 12:07am On Nov 13, 2018
Hi House... Please, I just want to drop this here for anyone(Nigerians) who might want to apply for UK settlement visa FROM EUROPE because It was difficult for me to get info here about the visa process as I am not applying from Nigeria. The process is a bit different.

I submitted my online application on 5th November and did my biometrics 12th November at the Visa Application Center in Dusseldorf, Germany. I figured the process might be different and I went to the biometrics center with all my original supporting documents(both sponsor's and applicant's). They scanned/faxed all my documents and gave them back to me. I asked them for the UKVI address to send my documents to and they said I don't have to send anything. So, if anyone will be applying from Europe in the future, just go the biometrics appointment with all supporting documents.

Another info is that all application fees are paid in EUROS and not Pounds. They have already converted the money to EUROS and I ended up paying more for everything when I did the maths. For my application, I paid:

Application fee + User Pay fee = 1578 Pounds, I paid 1863 Euros
IHS = 600 Pounds, I paid 708 Euros
Priority Visa Service= 573 Pounds, I paid 681.20 Euros

My people, UKVI dey hustle. Dem don wound me for body cry cry . Anyways, the waiting period for me don officially start !!!!

5 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by holarmyde92: 8:37am On Nov 13, 2018
I have submitted my uk visa application which I later noticed I did a mistake in my nationality. I wrote “Nigeria” instead of “Nigerian”, please how do i correct it before my appointment day for biometrics in Berlin?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by holarmyde92: 8:51am On Nov 13, 2018
ManlikeTee:
Hi House... Please, I just want to drop this here for anyone(Nigerians) who might want to apply for UK settlement visa FROM EUROPE because It was difficult for me to get info here about the visa process as I am not applying from Nigeria. The process is a bit different.

I submitted my online application on 5th November and did my biometrics 12th November at the Visa Application Center in Dusseldorf, Germany. I figured the process might be different and I went to the biometrics center with all my original supporting documents(both sponsor's and applicant's). They scanned/faxed all my documents and gave them back to me. I asked them for the UKVI address to send my documents to and they said I don't have to send anything. So, if anyone will be applying from Europe in the future, just go the biometrics appointment with all supporting documents.

Another info is that all application fees are paid in EUROS and not Pounds. They have already converted the money to EUROS and I ended up paying more for everything when I did the maths. For my application, I paid:

Application fee + User Pay fee = 1578 Pounds, I paid 1863 Euros
IHS = 600 Pounds, I paid 708 Euros
Priority Visa Service= 573 Pounds, I paid 681.20 Euros

My people, UKVI dey hustle. Dem don wound me for body cry cry . Anyways, the waiting period for me don officially start !!!!

I made an error in my nationality which I have already submitted my application. I wrote Nigeria instead of Nigerian, please how do I rectify it before my biometrics appointment day in Berlin.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Minnienellie24: 9:48am On Nov 13, 2018
holarmyde92:
I have submitted my uk visa application which I later noticed I did a mistake in my nationality. I wrote “Nigeria” instead of “Nigerian”, please how do i correct it before my appointment day for biometrics in Berlin?

I would say the "mistake" is TRIVIAL as in some forms it is Nigeria the nationality appears as instead of Nigerian. if I am in your shoes, I would not bother about it. But wait for someone with similar experience to shed more light..

3 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by holarmyde92: 10:07am On Nov 13, 2018
Minnienellie24:

I would say the "mistake" is TRIVIAL as in some forms it is Nigeria the nationality appears as instead of Nigerian. if I am in your shoes, I would not bother about it. But wait for someone with similar experience to shed more light..
Thanks, appreciate
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ManlikeTee: 10:10am On Nov 13, 2018
holarmyde92:

You should not worry about this. You already passed the message they want which is your Home Country. That's all. Are you applying for a Visit Visa or Settlement Visa? I replied to your email too. All the best !!!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Flowercrescent: 10:28am On Nov 13, 2018
Show1223:

I'm sorry for the delay, pls Google "introductory letter for spouse visa" u'll see examples. Or mail me showbola55@gmail.com. sorry for just responding.
Please check your mail thank you
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by holarmyde92: 10:46am On Nov 13, 2018
ManlikeTee:

You should not worry about this. You already passed the message they want which is your Home Country. That's all. Are you applying for a Visit Visa or Settlement Visa? I replied to your email too. All the best !!!

I’m go for Christmas celebration! Are you in germany presently?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by derbylicious: 2:34pm On Nov 13, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Photocopies not required....... You submit your PP in Nigeria, while sponsor sends supporting documents to Sheffield.........

Hope you’re having a productive day?
I’d like to know if an overdraft would hinder submission of the bank statement or is it regardless, to back up the amount credited as shown on the corresponding payslips
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 6:40pm On Nov 13, 2018
derbylicious:

Hope you’re having a productive day?
I’d like to know if an overdraft would hinder submission of the bank statement or is it regardless, to back up the amount credited as shown on the corresponding payslips

It's nicer to submit a positive balance, simply because if sponsor is already chopping overdraft with one, what would they be chopping on two ?

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by readynow: 6:56am On Nov 14, 2018
Hello great people in this forum I arrive I the UK today and immediately went to the ,post office to see I can collect the BRP at the post office designated on the letter but could not collect it since the lady could not find it,I thought iit will be ready before I arrive or is it after i arrive although I was told to check back today..please what should I do ?.I want to get the BRP and do some other processing as fast as possible and head back because I have some pending jobs waiting to be exceculted (I know I cannot stay more than 3 month outside).special thank you again to Lexusg and other good people that God use in the forum to accomplish this I really appreciate God bless you immensely
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by nomad26: 7:49am On Nov 14, 2018
Mine arrived 2 weeks after the stipulated date. I'd say wait a bit and call the post office regularly to find out if it has arrived to save the stress of going there physically multiple times. Alternatively, you can report via this link if it is more than 10 days late.
https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence-permits/not-arrived

readynow:
Hello great people in this forum I arrive I the UK today and immediately went to the ,post office to see I can collect the BRP at the post office designated on the letter but could not collect it since the lady could not find it,I thought iit will be ready before I arrive or is it after i arrive although I was told to check back today..please what should I do ?.I want to get the BRP and do some other processing as fast as possible and head back because I have some pending jobs waiting to be exceculted (I know I cannot stay more than 3 month outside).special thank you again to Lexusg and other good people that God use in the forum to accomplish this I really appreciate God bless you immensely
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by readynow: 8:40am On Nov 14, 2018
nomad26:
Mine arrived 2 weeks after the stipulated date. I'd say wait a bit and call the post office regularly to find out if it has arrived to save the stress of going there physically multiple times. Alternatively, you can report via this link if it is more than 10 days late.
https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence-permits/not-arrived

thank you nomad i really appreciate
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aquaman84: 3:22pm On Nov 14, 2018
@justwise @ekpotek @vicjustice
my current passport is expiring next year september but i want to take the ielts test and TB test by december/ january, if i do this test with my current passport and for some reason i am not able to apply as soon as i want to and i renew my passport, will that be a problem? im asking this because the passport number of my current passport will be both on the TB certificate and IELTS certificate, if i renew this passport will that be an issue because the passport numbers will be different?

please assist. thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 5:54pm On Nov 14, 2018
Aquaman84:
@justwise @ekpotek @vicjustice
my current passport is expiring next year september but i want to take the ielts test and TB test by december/ january, if i do this test with my current passport and for some reason i am not able to apply as soon as i want to and i renew my passport, will that be a problem? im asking this because the passport number of my current passport will be both on the TB certificate and IELTS certificate, if i renew this passport will that be an issue because the passport numbers will be different?

please assist. thanks

Simply put into special notes and include photocopies ........ TLS would not accept a passport with under 3 months validity period ......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by CiscoChic: 6:39pm On Nov 14, 2018
Hello great people of nairaland. Thanks for all the help and support.

I have read all handouts from page 1 to 420 with boxes of pizza and crates of maltina.....

But here is my problem o, make una help me.

I did bio-metrics on September 27th using the priority service, so I was hoping for a perfect result after attending all classes only for home office to send me this on the 34th working day(today):
"You have submitted a degree certificate from Covenant University, along with a UK NARIC certificate confirming your qualification is the equivalent to a Bachelors degree in the UK. In addition, although you have submitted a letter from the University confirming the course was taught in English, we require a UK NARIC certificate confirming this was the case. Please also contact UK NARIC to obtain this"

From all I have read on this forum, everyone uses statement of comparability, but UK NARIC said that there are now 2 routes to meeting the english language requirement:
1. The red route (which is the ideal route)
2. The blue route (an acceptable route which will soon be scrapped - and involves doing applying for statement of comparability and english language assessment).

Please is this the case? I am just hearing about the routes for the first time today.

Thanks in advance
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ManlikeTee: 8:16pm On Nov 14, 2018
CiscoChic:

I have read all handouts from page 1 to 420 with boxes of pizza and crates of maltina.....

I did bio-metrics on September 27th using the priority service, so I was hoping for a perfect result after attending all classes only for home office to send me this on the 34th working day(today):
"You have submitted a degree certificate from Covenant University, along with a UK NARIC certificate confirming your qualification is the equivalent to a Bachelors degree in the UK. In addition, although you have submitted a letter from the University confirming the course was taught in English, we require a UK NARIC certificate confirming this was the case. Please also contact UK NARIC to obtain this"

From all I have read on this forum, everyone uses statement of comparability, but UK NARIC said that there are now 2 routes to meeting the english language requirement:
2. The blue route (an acceptable route which will soon be scrapped - and involves doing applying for statement of comparability and english language assessment).

Please is this the case? I am just hearing about the routes for the first time today.

Thanks in advance

CiscoChic, You applied for the wrong UK NARIC Assessment. The right one for Spouse Visa is called "Visas And Nationality". I think is about 125 Pounds. The best thing is to apply for the right one asap and send it to them. You can apply for that using 24hours or 48 hours priority service if you must send it to UKVI in five working days. All the best !!!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Priorygroup: 10:32pm On Nov 14, 2018
readynow:
Hi
We are in the same boat. I and my son arrived 0n the 20th of Oct 2018, went to the post office, my BRP was not ready but Sons own was ready. After going to the post office for two weeks, I contact the Home Office, I was told the post office has processed my BRP to be returned back to home office that I will not be able to collect it since it has been processed to be returned, that I should provide my name,passport number, nationality and my home address which I did 25th of Oct. Still waiting....
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by readynow: 12:39am On Nov 15, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Readynow, is Now Ready to checkout ....... Congratulations.............
It's not the long wait that matters, but the eventual positive outcome....
Readynow is ready to now explore the United Kingdom.... Remember to pay your tithe.... 65% due ......
Yes 100% tithe guaranteed
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 2:34am On Nov 15, 2018
CiscoChic:

Thanks in advance

They have given you a second bite at the spousal visa cherry, ask your sponsor to call NARIC and get the right documents to them ASAP, to avoid stories that touches the heart and bank balance....
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aquaman84: 8:20am On Nov 15, 2018
Ok sir, please what do you mean by some special notes and photocopies of what? Sorry to trouble you, I just want to understand please.

Lexusgs430:

Simply put into special notes and include photocopies ........ TLS would not accept a passport with under 3 months validity period ......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 8:23am On Nov 15, 2018
Aquaman84:
Ok sir, please what do you mean by some special notes and photocopies of what? Sorry to trouble you, I just want to understand please.

Photocopy of the biometric page of your expired pp. And explain old expired pp , vis a vis new pp .....

Hope you understand now ?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Dydaa: 2:32pm On Nov 15, 2018
Huh. Not from biometric anymore?
Lexusgs430:

You start counting from the day your documents are received......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Dydaa: 2:35pm On Nov 15, 2018
30 days spot on. Hmnn i pray for mine o. Day 24!
Show1223:
Hi nairaland fam
It's a yes for me finally.
1st application biometric - 22 May 2018 (standard)
1st application response after lots of escalation - 11 Sept 2018
2nd application biometric - 25 Sept 2018(priority)
2nd application response - 6 Nov 2018. No escalations.
Hubby mistakenly put 15 Dec as my travel date and that's what they followed so my vignette is from 15 Dec 18 to 14 jan 19
Special thanks to Lexus.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 2:36pm On Nov 15, 2018
Dydaa:
Huh. Not from biometric anymore?

What about if you submitted your documents, 3 months after biometric ?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Dydaa: 2:49pm On Nov 15, 2018
dats not possible. its stated 10 days for priority and 15days for standard!
Lexusgs430:

What about if you submitted your documents, 3 months after biometric ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) ... (511) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.