Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,353 members, 7,780,946 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:07 AM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (459) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1026696 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Kjnwancaro: 2:10pm On Feb 04, 2020
Monmarri:

Yes the best for you Is to do the registry here in Nigeria and apply for the spouse visa. It saves you lot of time and money. And with spouse visa u can work.

What's up with the IHS thing: The IHS means International Health Surcharge, it is the payment or surcharge visa applicants pay that gives access to the National Health Service (NHS).The IHS is the medical fees u will pay. When u do this payment and get the spouse visa, u can have access to medical for 2.5 years of y spouse visa duration. The IHS is a compulsory payment to make. But one get refund the money if one's visa is refused. So u need to pay the IHS inorder to receive medical treatment .

While the NHS is The National Health Service which is the publicly funded national healthcare system for England.
These is the estimate of the money u will pay for the spouse visa

The £1565 (719,900) - Visa application fee
£1200 (552,000)- IHS charge (insurance)
54,000 - TB test
69,000 - NARIC
And other additional small additional bill

Thanks for the info, I really appreciate

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Success2011: 3:22pm On Feb 06, 2020
That means the applicant no longer submit any document at TLS in Nigeria here? Or how exactly does the system work now?
Lexusgs430:

System is now changed.... No more hard copies, sponsor sends it to a newly founded scan centre......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Success2011: 3:44pm On Feb 06, 2020
Thank you. So, what does the applicant take along to the VAC?
Success2011:
That means the applicant no longer submit any document at TLS in Nigeria here? Or how exactly does the system work now?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Siberry: 5:20pm On Feb 07, 2020
Please must marriage certificates be certified by the ministry of Foreign affairs before it can be used for spousal application?

Do the accept certificate from EMAC registry at Area 3 Abuja?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Johnath: 6:26pm On Feb 07, 2020
Hi you need to get the certificate from the address below and can be used for your application, they'll explain to you everything you need to do but be warned these people are likely going to bill you way high than expected so be ready to negotiate as well.
Goodluck!

Federal marriage registry, No. 28 Borno Street, Area 10, Garki, Abuja
Siberry:

Please must marriage certificates be certified by the ministry of Foreign affairs before it can be used for spousal application?

Do the accept certificate from EMAC registry at Area 3 Abuja?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Jideone73: 5:37pm On Feb 08, 2020
Hi guys please how can i bring my father in law to UK which document am a British please help me
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by chrisj2(m): 6:13pm On Feb 08, 2020
Jideone73:
Hi guys please how can i bring my father in law to UK which document am a British please help me

Wrong forum! He will need a Visit Visa but this is for Spousal/Settlement Visa. I hope you do not mean that you want to take him to the UK to settle? I dont see that happening!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Thehilah4jesus: 6:15pm On Feb 10, 2020
Please our gurus/ogas in the house l need your help. I was once married and divorced before l married my new spouse who is a briton and am about to apply under the spouse visa but my Nigerian passport carries my ex's surname though l did newspaper publication and sworn affidavit since l have the divorce certificate but my question is this, is it a must that l apply to Nigeria immigration service for change of name on my passport having heard the procedure is long and frustrating or l can continue to use my old passport which is valid till 2022.Thank you in anticipation
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by nonso10: 2:57am On Feb 11, 2020
Hi house

Please I just got back two weeks ago and am trying to apply for a spouse visa...do I still need a TB test

Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Champneys: 11:23am On Feb 12, 2020
nonso10:
Hi house

Please I just got back two weeks ago and am trying to apply for a spouse visa...do I still need a TB test

Thanks

One of the key requirements of the spouse visa is to have a valid TB certificate (not more than 6 months old from the date of the visa application) provided you are applying from a region/country where it is not exempted.

You have to satisfy the requirements and conditions fully, for any type of visa you are applying for.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Champneys: 11:24am On Feb 12, 2020
Thehilah4jesus:
Please our gurus/ogas in the house l need your help. I was once married and divorced before l married my new spouse who is a briton and am about to apply under the spouse visa but my Nigerian passport carries my ex's surname though l did newspaper publication and sworn affidavit since l have the divorce certificate but my question is this, is it a must that l apply to Nigeria immigration service for change of name on my passport having heard the procedure is long and frustrating or l can continue to use my old passport which is valid till 2022.Thank you in anticipation

I will advise that you go through the name change process to avoid confusion and unnecessary scrutiny that can delay or jeopardise your application.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by nonso10: 2:25pm On Feb 12, 2020
Champneys:

One of the key requirements of the spouse visa is to have a valid TB certificate (not more than 6 months old from the date of the visa application) provided you are applying from a region/country where it is not exempted.

You have to satisfy the requirements and conditions fully, for any type of visa you are applying for.

So do I have to do one before the application or after

Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Champneys: 2:34pm On Feb 12, 2020
nonso10:

So do I have to do one before the application or after

Thanks

Sir, you need to do one before the application as you need to provide the evidence you are TB free as part of your supporting documents.

It is important.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Siberry: 10:35am On Feb 14, 2020
Please could someone help with the below questions.

What are the documents I will need to submit to the UK immigration here in the UK and what the ones my partner in Nigeria will submit with his application?

Can some use a UK divorce absolute certificate for Nigeria court wedding or does one need to obtain another divorce certificate in Nigeria?

Must the partner in Nigeria use a six month bank statement or is 3 months statement sufficient?

Is there any required amount that has to be in the accounts, both partners' account?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 11:19am On Feb 14, 2020
Siberry:

What are the documents I will need to submit to the UK immigration here in the UK and what the ones my partner in Nigeria will submit with his application?

Can some use a UK divorce absolute certificate for Nigeria court wedding or does one need to obtain another divorce certificate in Nigeria?

Must the partner in Nigeria use a six month bank statement or is 3 months statement sufficient?

Is there any required amount that has to be in the accounts, both partners' account?

Please read this thread it will give you answers and clarifies to all the questions you asked.

Spend time here reading the thread to avoid refusal because i don't think you have a good knowledge of the spouse visa process and requirements.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 11:20am On Feb 14, 2020
nonso10:
Hi house

Thanks

How long did you stay in the UK?

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Siberry: 12:14pm On Feb 14, 2020
justwise:

Please read this thread it will give you answers and clarifies to all the questions you asked.

Spend time here reading the thread to avoid refusal because i don't think you have a good knowledge of the spouse visa process and requirements.

Just so you know that I have spent time reading this thread and I haven't found clear answers. Do you expect me to read all 4oo and something?
pages?

Please could someone else help me with answers to one or all of the above. thank you.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 12:32pm On Feb 14, 2020
Siberry:

Just so you know that I have spent time reading this thread and I haven't found clear answers. Do you expect me to read all 4oo and something?
pages?

Please could someone else help me with answers to one or all of the above. thank you.

Dude feel free to get as angry as you want but reading at least the last 10-20 pages of this thread will save you millions of naira.

If you do you will ask little or no question because there are so much info here.

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Siberry: 1:04pm On Feb 14, 2020
justwise:

Dude feel free to get as angry as you want but reading at least the last 10-20 pages of this thread will save you millions of naira.

If you do you will ask little or no question because there are so much info here.

I have read over 100 pages of this thread. If you don't wanna help, someone else may. Thank you.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by nonso10: 4:25pm On Feb 14, 2020
Over 1 year
justwise:

How long did you stay in the UK?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 4:37pm On Feb 14, 2020
nonso10:
Over 1 year

You don’t need to do another TB test . Explain that in application form and also check the guidelines
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MamaEEE: 5:22am On Feb 16, 2020
Siberry:

1 i have no idea now bcs i heard d system has changed, Mk i no guilde u wrongly

2 yes u cn use ur degree absulute

3 he does nt need too use any bank statement. Talkin 4rm xpirnce d only bank statement we use was dat of my husband in d uk

4 you have 2earn £18600 yearly bt i have no idea if a specific amount has 2 reflect as balance b4 applicatn. As 4 ur partner its a No
Read down 4rm dis page 2 abt 10pages bbk u gt answers 2 ? 1

All d best
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Siberry: 1:39pm On Feb 17, 2020
MamaEEE:

1 i have no idea now bcs i heard d system has changed, Mk i no guilde u wrongly

2 yes u cn use ur degree absulute

3 he does nt need too use any bank statement. Talkin 4rm xpirnce d only bank statement we use was dat of my husband in d uk

4 you have 2earn £18600 yearly bt i have no idea if a specific amount has 2 reflect as balance b4 applicatn. As 4 ur partner its a No
Read down 4rm dis page 2 abt 10pages bbk u gt answers 2 ? 1

All d best

Thank you very much for your contribution, I appreciate it.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Kinpelz(f): 2:16pm On Feb 18, 2020
Congrats on your application.

Just have a question, you said application Completed and submitted on behalf of applicant. Is this part of the guidance or you guys just decided to take this approach. I am asking cause I completed and paid for my application by my self while my sponsor provided all the relevant documents from her end.

Thanks for your response.

Champneys:
A brief of a recent and successful spouse/settlement visa application. Might be useful for folks planning to apply sometimes soon.

Application Mode - Self ( minor consultation ( free ) with an immigration lawyer to clarify a sentence in the application guidelines )
Application (Completed and submitted on behalf of applicant ) Submitted : 2nd December 2019 - Standard.
Biometric - Priority - 10th December
Generic Email Message from Decision Making Centre - 16th December ( Sent to Sponsor only )
Text Message Received from VAC - 29th January ( To pick up passport )
Approved - One month entry granted validity from 30th January to 29th February 2020

Docs submitted ( All uploaded using the self service and before the 10th of December, the date of the Biometric at Ikeja VAC Centre. )
- NARIC English Language Confirmation
- TB Cert.
- Communication Details - some emails, whatsapp (screenshot of selected messages and calls selected randomly over a period of 2 and half years)
- Family Photographs with some involving relatives and friends ( selected over a period of two years )
- 7 months payslip from UK, a contract role ( March 2019 - March 2020 )
- Letter from contracting/employment agency confirming contract, pay, start date and payslip authenticity
- 7 months bank statement covering all pay period for the duration of the 7th month payslips.
- New accommodation tenancy agreement signed on the 1st of December 2019, with letter from landlord confirming we are family friends and my wife and daughter are allowed to live at the property. (no proof of rent payment sent, no inspection report as accommodation is solely occupied by me, no other utility bill apart from an email confirmation from water provider saying I have registered with them)
- Letter from Employment agency confirming change of address and latest bank statement showing new address.
- Proof of British citizenship for daughter and father (sponsor)
- Marriage certificate
- Travel ticket back and forth between applicant and sponsor
- Proof of address in Nigeria and proof of courier and postal services between sponsor and applicant ( to and out of Nigeria )
- Sponsor cover letter, narrating genesis of relationship, detailing and explaining supporting documents added )
- Applicant cover letter narrating genesis and current status of relationship.
- Passport biodata pages ( Nigeria, expired and British ) - Sponsor
- Passport biodata page ( Nigeria ) - Applicant
- Passport biodata page - Daughter ( 15 months old ( British and Nigeria )

No contact to landlord, employer, employment agency, sponsor or applicant by the HO.

All in all, a smooth and straight forward process, made easier with good travel history between sponsor and applicant, Sponsor a British Citizen and a daughter who was born outside the United Kingdom but has a British Passport.

Best wishes to everyone else awaiting a decision or applying in the near future and if you have any question, let me know!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Champneys: 3:13pm On Feb 18, 2020
Kinpelz:
Congrats on your application.

Just have a question, you said application Completed and submitted on behalf of applicant. Is this part of the guidance or you guys just decided to take this approach. I am asking cause I completed and paid for my application by my self while my sponsor provided all the relevant documents from her end.

I have emailed you sir.
Let me know if you my response was robust enough and answered your question fully.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Kinpelz(f): 3:24pm On Feb 18, 2020
Thanks a lot. It was very helpful.

Champneys:

I have emailed you sir.
Let me know if you my response was robust enough and answered your question fully.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Champneys: 3:29pm On Feb 18, 2020
Siberry:
No. The only financial requirement in the salaried category you must satisfy is to show that your sponsor earns a minimum of £18600/pa
Applicant or sponsor are not required to show any amount in their bank accounts.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Duboc(m): 11:55am On Feb 19, 2020
Good day fam,

Am married in Nigeria for close to a year. My wife is applying for a job in the UK as a RN. The only document we have currently as married couple to show we are married is our Court marriage certificate. In her passport she still has her surname written on it.
My question now is, if am applying to join her, are there other document i would need to get as prove that we are married beside our court certificate paper and our pictures?

Please I need help.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Siberry: 10:05am On Feb 20, 2020
Champneys:

No. The only financial requirement in the salaried category you must satisfy is to show that your sponsor earns a minimum of £18600/pa
Applicant or sponsor are not required to show any amount in their bank accounts.

Does the applicant need to submit his statement of account too?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by nonso10: 9:45pm On Feb 20, 2020
Please am having problems with my application.. when I get to the ihs payment stage it brings nill payment... please I think I have filled something wrong...keeps saying exempted based on visa route. Please help

@justwise. @ lexusgs430
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by nonso10: 10:15pm On Feb 20, 2020
Z
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 10:36am On Feb 21, 2020
nonso10:
Please am having problems with my application.. when I get to the ihs payment stage it brings nill payment... please I think I have filled something wrong...keeps saying exempted based on visa route. Please help

@justwise. @ lexusgs430

What visa route did you select?

(1) (2) (3) ... (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.