Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,359 members, 7,800,721 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:20 AM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (467) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1032624 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 12:35am On Sep 09, 2020
Miele:
Hi guys,

It’s me again! I hope you all can indulge me.

I’m applying for my spouse visa sometime this week and I need to make sure I’m on the right track.

So my husband and I are currently living in my uncles house. He’s writing us a letter to state that we are allowed to be there indefinitely but the problem is that his ex wife’s name is still on the land deed.

They separated nine years ago and she left, my uncle hasn’t gotten around to taking her name off the house yet. I’m submitting the letter from him, property inspection report and the land deed (which still has the wife’s name as co-owner)

It’s a three bedroom house and it meets the accommodation requirement. It’s just me, my partner and my uncle living here at the moment.

Will her name being on the deed mess my application up?

What do I do? Should I explain this in the cover letter?

Are you paying rent? Is he giving you a tenancy agreement?

The ex wife is still a legal owner of that property, removing her name without her consent, is an impossibility...... She is sitting pretty enjoying the value appreciation (but might demand her equity anytime)...........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Flexvilla: 2:02am On Sep 09, 2020
Hi Lexusgs430,

Just wanted to do a quick correction on paying rent to a close family member providing accommodation like parents or uncles.

I remember I asked same question before I applied. It is important to know that the UK spouse does not have to pay rent to their uncle, aunt or parents. I applied without my souse paying any rent to her mum. Just like Miele's case, I only submitted letter from my spouse's parent, property inspection report and deed and got the visa without any issues whatsoever. While I understand Lexusgs430 concerns which is good advice, I just want to state that rental payments are not necessary once there is a strong provable bond of kinship.

Lexusgs430:

The ex wife is still a legal owner of that property, removing her name without her consent, is an impossibility...... She is sitting pretty enjoying the value appreciation (but might demand her equity anytime)...........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 2:30am On Sep 09, 2020
Flexvilla:
Hi Lexusgs430,

Just wanted to do a quick correction on paying rent to a close family member providing accommodation like parents or uncles.

I remember I asked same question before I applied. It is important to know that the UK spouse does not have to pay rent to their uncle, aunt or parents. I applied without my souse paying any rent to her mum. Just like Miele's case, I only submitted letter from my spouse's parent, property inspection report and deed and got the visa without any issues whatsoever. While I understand Lexusgs430 concerns which is good advice, I just want to state that rental payments are not necessary once there is a strong provable bond of kinship.

But we agree that accommodation stability, forms a key part of this application........

Mum vs Uncle's, I think weighs differently.......

You are right, I might be wrong....... But for avoidance of any doubts, this chaps usually look for any excuse to say NO.......

So my responses are usually based on 100% coverage (all grounds covered)......….
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Miele(f): 8:39am On Sep 09, 2020
Lexusgs430:

No I’m not paying rent. Yet.. the plan was for me to get a full time job and help him out with the mortgage. Can’t get a full time job on my tier 4 so I’ll wait till I get my spouse one.

As for the ex wife, she already got her share of the house when they filed for the decree nisi 9 years ago. The only thing left is to send over some papers for her to sign and have her name taken off but my uncle is being so relaxed about it.

I’m wondering if my uncle can just write a letter and say he’s happy for me to stay there indefinitely? Without including the ex wife’s name?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Miele(f): 8:41am On Sep 09, 2020
Flexvilla:
Hi Lexusgs430,

Yeah I’ve seen cases where people stay with family members and don’t pay rent, so I don’t think that will be an issue.

I’ve just got the house title registry online and my aunts name is still there, will it be weird if I submit it without any mention of her on the property inspection report?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Flexvilla: 11:30am On Sep 09, 2020
Concerning the implication of your aunt’s name on the House documents, that I don’t know but what I know is that it will still be stated on the Property Inspectuon Report as the Professional who conducts the inspection will still carry out an online search of the deed anyways to determine the real owners of the property and will state it on the Property Inspection report as was done in my case. Also even if your aunt was still living in the house, based on space requirements, since it is a 3 bedroom house, you will still qualify living there with your spouse. Remember that the living room is also counted as a full room which makes it 4 bedroom and that can still accommodate more people.

So I do not think you should be worried. Your uncle may include it in his letter that your aunt does not live there at the moment and there is more than enough space to accommodate you guys. Anyways the surveyor would have included that in the Property inspection report( ie the number of people living in the house) so you guys will be fine.

Miele:

Yeah I’ve seen cases where people stay with family members and don’t pay rent, so I don’t think that will be an issue.

I’ve just got the house title registry online and my aunts name is still there, will it be weird if I submit it without any mention of her on the property inspection report?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Googledrive12: 7:51pm On Sep 09, 2020
Hello guys I have been following this thread for sometime now waiting for the right time to ask questions about things I don't understand in previous post . I and my spouse are getting married next week. Which will enable me apply for the U.K. Spouse visa. But my challenge is that she has just worked for 5 months at her current job and she is moving to a new job in October. I spoke to her about the 6months work pay slips but she said it doesn't matter if she change jobs what is only needed is consistency That as long as she is not out of Job within 6 months then we are fine . Is she correct on this ?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MamaEEE: 8:53pm On Sep 09, 2020
[quote author=Googledrive12 post=93754464]Hello guys I have been following this thread for sometime now waiting for the right time to ask questions about things I don't understand in previous post . I and my spouse are getting married next week. Which will enable me apply for the U.K. Spouse visa. But my challenge is that she has just worked for 5 months at her current job and she is moving to a new job in October. I spoke to her about the 6months work pay slips but she said it doesn't matter if she change jobs what is only needed is consistency That as long as she is not out of Job within 6 months then we are fine . Is she correct on this ?

No she is not correct...Her payslip most b 6months from same job to apply or 12months payslips from present to previous job...
My little cent, Tell her to get the last payslip to sum up 6months,apply and den she can change job
Cheers

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by boywonder225: 12:24am On Sep 10, 2020
Hello guys..

lately, how long does priority process take for spouse visa?

I’m going for my biometrics today after starting application since March. Smh
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Googledrive12: 1:17pm On Sep 10, 2020
Thanks for the response
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Thehilah4jesus: 1:27pm On Sep 10, 2020
dduchess90:

Just seeing this ,well if they asked for more evidence it most likely will be a court order.I intend to put in the dependant visa since I have full custody from my divorce, along with a consent from his father hopefully he sees reasons with me.
Before the marriage intent and follow up spousal.For now,I have begun gathering documents.i will update you ..

Please how did your son's application go, l have a similar challenge at the moment sadly l don't have full custody for my child. Will really love to hear from you
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Miele(f): 1:37am On Sep 12, 2020
Flexvilla:
Concerning the implication of your aunt’s name on the House documents, that I don’t know but what I know is that it will still be stated on the Property Inspectuon Report as the Professional who conducts the inspection will still carry out an online search of the deed anyways to determine the real owners of the property and will state it on the Property Inspection report as was done in my case. Also even if your aunt was still living in the house, based on space requirements, since it is a 3 bedroom house, you will still qualify living there with your spouse. Remember that the living room is also counted as a full room which makes it 4 bedroom and that can still accommodate more people.

So I do not think you should be worried. Your uncle may include it in his letter that your aunt does not live there at the moment and there is more than enough space to accommodate you guys. Anyways the surveyor would have included that in the Property inspection report( ie the number of people living in the house) so you guys will be fine.

Thanks for your response. Yeah I just got the property inspection report today in the mail and her name wasn’t included! The surveyor said he went by the details we gave him when we filled out the online form. I’m livid and he’s not replying our emails!! Should we just explain in the letter that my aunt lives up north and there’s enough space to accommodate us?

One more question, how do you export call logs? Cause the WhatsApp call logs automatically wipe off after a period of time.

Also if anyone can answer this silly question of mine, that would be great!

I saved a few screenshots last year and my husbands name on my phone was different then. I took screenshots this year and it’s a different name (basically from his name to a pet name) do you think it will make a difference when we submit the WhatsApp chats?

I’ve submitted my online application yesterday and I’ll be uploading my documents tomorrow, just want to make sure I’m on the right track.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Flexvilla: 2:45pm On Sep 12, 2020
I am not really sure that your aunt's name being on the property Inspection report matters as the objective of the report is to state the number of people living in the house in order to meet the space requirements. So I think you should be fine. However you might want to include in your cover letter that your aunty does not live in the house since her name is on the deed. Preferably, it should be written in your uncle's cover letter.

As regards exporting call logs that have wiped off, I am not sure about how to go about it however since you have other whatsapp chats, you can print just a few but it should cover different periods. I wasted so much money printing a lot of whatsapp chats and ended up only submitting three pages for 3 different years cos I used the assisted scanning service and they don't want unnecessary documents. However I also submitted emails for different years and Facebook chats too. please remember to download the pictures of the front-page of your hubby's face showing how you saved his name on your whatsapp and other apps too. See pg 463 where I wrote an exhaustive list of all I submitted and apply relevant info to your case. Please label every document well for clarity.

Wishing you success.

Miele:

Thanks for your response. Yeah I just got the property inspection report today in the mail and her name wasn’t included! The surveyor said he went by the details we gave him when we filled out the online form. I’m livid and he’s not replying our emails!! Should we just explain in the letter that my aunt lives up north and there’s enough space to accommodate us?

One more question, how do you export call logs? Cause the WhatsApp call logs automatically wipe off after a period of time.

Also if anyone can answer this silly question of mine, that would be great!

I saved a few screenshots last year and my husbands name on my phone was different then. I took screenshots this year and it’s a different name (basically from his name to a pet name) do you think it will make a difference when we submit the WhatsApp chats?

I’ve submitted my online application yesterday and I’ll be uploading my documents tomorrow, just want to make sure I’m on the right track.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Flexvilla: 2:54pm On Sep 12, 2020
This was a question I asked on July 31, and the uninformed answer I received:
Hello people,

Pls can someone travel with expired TB certificate to UK? The certificate expired due to Lockdown restrictions. Do I have to do a new one?

Zoey1:
It will be rejected

I travelled yesterday to London and the immigration officer never asked me of my expired TB test certificate. So this proves that it is not requested for at the airport. The crowd of arrivals is so much sef that no one has time to ask for mundane requirements. Please always research well before posting answers here as it will mislead people.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Miele(f): 1:07pm On Sep 13, 2020
Flexvilla:
I am not really sure that your aunt's name being on the property Inspection report matters as the objective of the report is to state the number of people living in the house in order to meet the space requirements. So I think you should be fine. However you might want to include in your cover letter that your aunty does not live in the house since her name is on the deed. Preferably, it should be written in your uncle's cover letter.

As regards exporting call logs that have wiped off, I am not sure about how to go about it however since you have other whatsapp chats, you can print just a few but it should cover different periods. I wasted so much money printing a lot of whatsapp chats and ended up only submitting three pages for 3 different years cos I used the assisted scanning service and they don't want unnecessary documents. However I also submitted emails for different years and Facebook chats too. please remember to download the pictures of the front-page of your hubby's face showing how you saved his name on your whatsapp and other apps too. See pg 463 where I wrote an exhaustive list of all I submitted and apply relevant info to your case. Please label every document well for clarity.

Wishing you success.

Thank you so much! We’ve finally submitted and whew what a relief! Now the waiting game begins. I included in the letter that they’ve been separated for 9 years but her name hasn’t been taken off.

As for WhatsApp chats, we have so much and since it’s self upload, I just decided to upload them all. I know it’s not needed but we don’t have any other source of communication so we gave them that! I’ll be back to update and thank you once again for your responses
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by lightest(m): 2:10pm On Sep 13, 2020
hello everybody

pls, i need an enquiry to make.

pls, when does one qualify for tax refund? and if one is qualify, how do u collect it?

2. does collecting tax refund increase ur subsequent tax?

3. is tax refund a kind of loan to br repaid?

pls, i will appreciate a genuine answer.

thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ayotunde71: 9:50am On Sep 18, 2020
Dear all,

I read most of the posts on the previous pages and i must say they have been really helpful. Thank you to everyone that has been taking time to share their experience(s) on this platform.

I am preparing to apply for spouse visa to join my husband in the UK as soon as possible. He holds an ILR, he was previously married and divorced before we got married a month ago (He has the decree absolute).

As part of the accommodation requirement, he currently lives with a friend in a single room self contain rented by the friend (the friends name appears on the tenancy agreement) but their name both appears on the internet payment document (utility bill). He has been planning to get an apartment for us as soon as my visa is approved. Do you think we could use his current address for the application and write a letter stating we would get a bigger apartment for us as soon as i get my visa?
What other advice can you give based on your experience?

Also, for the financial requirements, he meets the requirements of £18,600 annually. Do you think he has to still show some more money he has currently in his account? if yes, do you have a rough idea of how much please?

Furthermore, do i have to show any financial document that belongs to me since he is my sponsor?

Finally, i read in some of the previous posts about posting documents to Sheffield, this remains unclear as some were saying it is needed while other said it is an old rule. Can someone please explain the current situation better?

Thanks in anticipation of your responses.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MamaEEE: 3:36pm On Sep 18, 2020
Ayotunde71:
Dear all,

I read most of the posts on the previous pages and i must say they have been really helpful. Thank you to everyone that has been taking time to share their experience(s) on this platform.

I am preparing to apply for spouse visa to join my husband in the UK as soon as possible. He holds an ILR, he was previously married and divorced before we got married a month ago (He has the decree absolute).

As part of the accommodation requirement, he currently lives with a friend in a single room self contain rented by the friend (the friends name appears on the tenancy agreement) but their name both appears on the internet payment document (utility bill). He has been planning to get an apartment for us as soon as my visa is approved. Do you think we could use his current address for the application and write a letter stating we would get a bigger apartment for us as soon as i get my visa?
What other advice can you give based on your experience?

Also, for the financial requirements, he meets the requirements of £18,600 annually. Do you think he has to still show some more money he has currently in his account? if yes, do you have a rough idea of how much please?

Furthermore, do i have to show any financial document that belongs to me since he is my sponsor?

Finally, i read in some of the previous posts about posting documents to Sheffield, this remains unclear as some were saying it is needed while other said it is an old rule. Can someone please explain the current situation better?

Thanks in anticipation of your responses.

*Let him get a new place , then you can apply. If I apply with his present address it il b a refuser.
*If he meets the financial requirements he those not need to show additional money
* You don't have to show any financial documents, he his you sponsor
* I have no idea since the system changed...
All the best
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Success2011: 4:26pm On Sep 18, 2020
Good day Family.
Please, what is the link to the spousal visa application? Thank you.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Whandey04: 8:12pm On Sep 18, 2020
[
quote author=MamaEEE post=94053575]

*Let him get a new place , then you can apply. If I apply with his present address it il b a refuser.
*If he meets the financial requirements he those not need to show additional money
All the best[/quote]

Good evening ,
I also have this issue,my husband stays with his friend in a one bedroom apartment (separate living room and bedroom although the living room is in a joint area with the kitchen) they both pay the utility bill and the elect something roll,the agreement was updated recently to bear both their name ,my question now is

1) Would this accommodation be acceptable ?

2) we want to write a letter saying we would move from the apartment after a while ,when we get something appropriate.we have evident of looking for an apartment and some apartment we applied to but due to pandemic
We haven't heard back from them.

I am hoping to submit my application my end of this month.

BTW he is in uk whilst I am in Germany

Your advice would be appreciated
Thank you
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by boywonder225: 4:55am On Sep 19, 2020
Hello good people, I applied for spouse visa and paid for priority service as well for my application since march, went for biometrics on the 10th of this month, anyone aware of how long it takes before I get a reply?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ayotunde71: 8:06am On Sep 19, 2020
Thank you very much.
MamaEEE:

All the best
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Miele(f): 8:38am On Sep 19, 2020
Hi guys,

I applied for my visa recently and I was going through my application form and found out I made a mistake.

The form asked if I had left the UK recently and I said yes October 2019 to Nigeria. But my partner and I recently went away to Gibraltar in August 2020 and I forgot to include that.

Will this be a massive issue? Should I write up another cover letter and explain that it was a mistake? I haven’t had my biometrics yet so I can still upload additional documents.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Success2011: 9:20am On Sep 19, 2020
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by mimilyrics: 9:38am On Sep 19, 2020
https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/partner-spouse
Success2011:

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by mimilyrics: 9:40am On Sep 19, 2020
Not a massive issue but you can state this on your cover letter since presence and absence information are usually essential in the long term.
Miele:
Hi guys,

I applied for my visa recently and I was going through my application form and found out I made a mistake.

The form asked if I had left the UK recently and I said yes October 2019 to Nigeria. But my partner and I recently went away to Gibraltar in August 2020 and I forgot to include that.

Will this be a massive issue? Should I write up another cover letter and explain that it was a mistake? I haven’t had my biometrics yet so I can still upload additional documents.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Whandey04: 10:10am On Sep 19, 2020
Good morning ,

I also have this issue,my husband stays with his friend in a one bedroom apartment (separate living room and bedroom although the living room is in a joint area with the kitchen) they both pay the utility bill and the electricity roll,the agreement was updated recently to bear both their name ,my question now is

2) we want to write a letter saying we would move from the apartment after a while ,when we get something appropriate.we have evident of looking for an apartment and some apartment we applied to but due to pandemic

Thank you
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Success2011: 1:24pm On Sep 19, 2020
Please, any idea when IELTS will resume in Nigeria.?
Heard they haven't resumed since the outbreak of Coronavirus.
mimilyrics:
https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/partner-spouse
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MamaEEE: 5:21pm On Sep 19, 2020
Whandey04:
Good morning ,

I also have this issue,my husband stays with his friend in a one bedroom apartment (separate living room and bedroom although the living room is in a joint area with the kitchen) they both pay the utility bill and the electricity roll,the agreement was updated recently to bear both their name ,my question now is

Thank you

* It's a little bit dicey, but the living room is also considered as a room. But in this case for an application I really would advice he gets a new place den u put in the application. If it was to b a 2bedroom with a living room that should b fine.
* I am afraid that won't count ooo, dey don't care... Dey need u to get everything right at the time of ur application. The future is for you dey bliv in the present grin
Get it right once and for all.if your husband can move into a one room/living room before u apply would be preferable...
Cheers
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MamaEEE: 5:23pm On Sep 19, 2020
Success2011:
Please, any idea when IELTS will resume in Nigeria.?
Heard they haven't resumed since the outbreak of Coronavirus.

Have you tried British council... Google it, I did mine from them and saw their advert 2days ago for enrollment for fresh intake...
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Monmarri: 5:45pm On Sep 19, 2020
Hello house , what can one do if one is not earning exactly £18,600 to apply for spouse visa. Assuming the person is earning £17,500. Can the person do overtime to meet up the pay? How will the overtime be calculated.

2. How is the £18,600 calculated? Is it base on the annual salary or base on the six months?

3. Then for the accommodation, can one use a friend's house to make the application? Will home office accept it. If yes, what do I need from the friend.

4. Lastly can one add self employed job + permanent job to make application.

I will appreciate comments pls. Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) ... (511) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.