Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,355 members, 7,808,240 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:15 AM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (468) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1034348 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Success2011: 6:31pm On Sep 19, 2020
When did you do yours?
MamaEEE:

Have you tried British council... Google it, I did mine from them and saw their advert 2days ago for enrollment for fresh intake...
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 10:26pm On Sep 19, 2020
Ayotunde71:
Dear all,

I read most of the posts on the previous pages and i must say they have been really helpful. Thank you to everyone that has been taking time to share their experience(s) on this platform.

I am preparing to apply for spouse visa to join my husband in the UK as soon as possible. He holds an ILR, he was previously married and divorced before we got married a month ago (He has the decree absolute).

As part of the accommodation requirement, he currently lives with a friend in a single room self contain rented by the friend (the friends name appears on the tenancy agreement) but their name both appears on the internet payment document (utility bill). He has been planning to get an apartment for us as soon as my visa is approved. Do you think we could use his current address for the application and write a letter stating we would get a bigger apartment for us as soon as i get my visa?
What other advice can you give based on your experience?

Also, for the financial requirements, he meets the requirements of £18,600 annually. Do you think he has to still show some more money he has currently in his account? if yes, do you have a rough idea of how much please?

Furthermore, do i have to show any financial document that belongs to me since he is my sponsor?

Finally, i read in some of the previous posts about posting documents to Sheffield, this remains unclear as some were saying it is needed while other said it is an old rule. Can someone please explain the current situation better?

Thanks in anticipation of your responses.

Let your husband rent one bedroom house or flat, his current arrangement is not good.

If he meets the financial requirement then nothing is expected from you financially.

I don't know if the system has changed but all documents will be sent to Sheffield, send your documents to your husband then he will add his and post to Sheffield
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MamaEEE: 3:49am On Sep 20, 2020
Success2011:
When did you do yours?

It's been a long time now...

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Success2011: 6:10am On Sep 20, 2020
[Thanks. The British Council said they have not resumed since the outbreak of the Covid-19. quote author=MamaEEE post=94106270]

It's been a long time now...[/quote]
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Whandey04: 8:14am On Sep 20, 2020
Thank you very much.

MamaEEE:

* It's a little bit dicey, but the living room is also considered as a room. But in this case for an application I really would advice he gets a new place den u put in the application. If it was to b a 2bedroom with a living room that should b fine.
* I am afraid that won't count ooo, dey don't care... Dey need u to get everything right at the time of ur application. The future is for you dey bliv in the present grin
Get it right once and for all.if your husband can move into a one room/living room before u apply would be preferable...
Cheers
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ayotunde71: 8:48am On Sep 20, 2020
Many thanks.
justwise:

Let your husband rent one bedroom house or flat, his current arrangement is not good.

If he meets the financial requirement then nothing is expected from you financially.

I don't know if the system has changed but all documents will be sent to Sheffield, send your documents to your husband then he will add his and post to Sheffield
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by mimilyrics: 10:23pm On Sep 20, 2020
I just tried booking for the IELTS test on the British Council website and they had available dates from Sept 24 so you can try booking again.
See link below:
https://www.britishcouncil.org.ng/exam/ielts/dates-fees-locations
Success2011:
Please, any idea when IELTS will resume in Nigeria.?
Heard they haven't resumed since the outbreak of Coronavirus.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Success2011: 7:49am On Sep 21, 2020
Thank you.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Thehilah4jesus: 5:35pm On Sep 21, 2020
The wait for has been very traumatizing for me and the only thing that can make me less anxious is hearing spouse visa applicants in Nigeria beginning to get response to their visa applications. Please if anyone who applied this year has gotten approved in the last 2weeks kindly share here. Thank you
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by chaRloBass: 11:08pm On Sep 23, 2020
I understand how you feel, I've been waiting since February and there's a friend who also applied within same period & still waiting. However, I got a recent mail that my application was completed on 26Aug and another mail requesting to submit my passport to be re-issued a 90day Entry clearance vignette. I've submitted but yet to receive my passport as timescale for PP return isn't defined.

Just distract yourself as much as possible.

It will definitely end in praise.

Thehilah4jesus:
The wait for has been very traumatizing for me and the only thing that can make me less anxious is hearing spouse visa applicants in Nigeria beginning to get response to their visa applications. Please if anyone who applied this year has gotten approved in the last 2weeks kindly share here. Thank you
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Thehilah4jesus: 12:24am On Sep 24, 2020
chaRloBass:
I understand how you feel, I've been waiting since February and there's a friend who also applied within same period & still waiting. However, I got a recent mail that my application was completed on 26Aug and another mail requesting to submit my passport to be re-issued a 90day Entry clearance vignette. I've submitted but yet to receive my passport as timescale for PP return isn't defined.

Just distract yourself as much as possible.

It will definitely end in praise.

wooow!!!! February It is well. I hope you get your passport back with visa ijmn. Thank you for your response, am trying to distract myself but it's not been so easy. The process is grueling but l remain hopeful. I look forward to hear your good news cos it will cheer me up if l get a positive news for successful application. I wish all of us the very best of luck.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by oscarwilde: 2:21am On Sep 24, 2020
Hi
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by mimilyrics: 7:46am On Sep 24, 2020
1. No. The LG marriage certificate is accepted since it's legally recognized in Nigeria.

2. If she earns £18,600 annually, she's good on that count.
2a. Her payslips which must be dated through the last 6 months.
2b. Employment contract showing that she meets the minimum financial requirements.
3. She will need an extra £3,800 for the first child + £2,400 for the 2nd & 3rd children so add this to the required £18,600 to get your final figure.

4. Yes but she'll need to select the application country as Nigeria and you'll have to check to ensure that correct info is filled in because the onus of information correctness is on you as the applicant.

5. You can upload using self-upload.

6. You don't need a new passport now. You can only apply for a new passport when you've got 6 months or less to the expiry or if you have no more blank pages left.

7. Accomodation evidence which will be provided by your wife. This must show that there's enough room for your family at the property listed. I know that there's a part that asks for the number of rooms in the accommodation.

7. Evidence of a genuine and subsisting relationship ie. Communication evidence, flight tickets for visits between you two, pictures, joint bills, joint bank accounts (if any), evidence of the period you've lived together over the past 2 years since she just moved back to the UK this year.

8. Children's birth certificates listing both of you as their parents.

9. All your passports.

10. Her proof of address ie. Phone bills, bank statement, electricity bill, Gas bill etc.
I'll update if I remember anything that I've missed.
oscarwilde:
Hi guys,

I really need your help in packaging my spouse Visa.

My wife who is a British citizen left Nigeria February 2020 to settle in the UK. She has been working since May 2020 and we are ready to start the spouse Visa application process. Kindly help me with useful information to make the process error free.

We are planning on getting an accommodation in the UK for us by November as she is currently staying with family.

I would like to know;
1. If we can use the marriage certificate given to us at the local government marriage registry. Do I need to be re-issued by the federal registry and if yes, please what is the process?
2. Do I need to summit my statement of account also or just hers is required.
3. We have 3 kids but won't be taking them along immediately, will that be a problem?
4. Can she apply from the UK on my behalf?
5. If she can, do I need the originals to be sent me after registration. Will I need it for interview, if any?
6. My passport is expiring 2022. Do you advice I get a new one?
7. Anything else I may need for the application to fly

Thanks... i look forward to your help..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Success2011: 8:57am On Sep 24, 2020
Good morning gurus. For those that recently filed for the spouse visa, did you complete the Appendix 2 VAF4A form? I hear it is now obsolete.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Kinpelz(f): 2:26pm On Sep 24, 2020
I am that person since February 16. @chaRloBass and I are just 2 days apart. He did his bio on the 14 and just picked up his passport today. I think yours will be done within the normal timeline depending on the service you selected. I would advise that you keep your mind busy even though it is difficult.

Just got an email that my passport is now ready for collection. For anyone in a similar situation or know someone having the same issue, you can escalate through the paid email. It works and I feel sad that I didn't use it on time. My spouse and I called the homeoffice 5 times spending over £150 on the call with no progress, proper feedback or escalation. I used the email escalation on the 4 September as advised by @chaRloBass and it worked. I have seen 3 people used it and get response within 1month.

Best wishes to everyone
Thehilah4jesus:
wooow!!!! February It is well. I hope you get your passport back with visa ijmn. Thank you for your response, am trying to distract myself but it's not been so easy. The process is grueling but l remain hopeful. I look forward to hear your good news cos it will cheer me up if l get a positive news for successful application. I wish all of us the very best of luck.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Thehilah4jesus: 3:16pm On Sep 24, 2020
Kinpelz:
I am that person since February 16. @chaRloBass and I are just 2 days apart. He did his bio on the 14 and just picked up his passport today. I think yours will be done within the normal timeline depending on the service you selected. I would advise that you keep your mind busy even though it is difficult.

Just got an email that my passport is now ready for collection. For anyone in a similar situation or know someone having the same issue, you can escalate through the paid email. It works and I feel sad that I didn't use it on time. My spouse and I called the homeoffice 5 times spending over £150 on the call with no progress, proper feedback or escalation. I used the email escalation on the 4 September as advised by @chaRloBass and it worked. I have seen 3 people used it and get response within 1month.

Best wishes to everyone
Thank you so much. It must have been a terrifying wait but thank God the wait is finally over. congratulations are in order. I wish you the best of luck as you reunite with your spouse. I actually have sent them a mail last week and they responded that it's been escalated and will hear from them in 15wd.l remain hopeful.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by boywonder225: 3:42pm On Sep 25, 2020
Got my spouse visa today.
Priority; 10 days after biometrics.

Thank you guys that helped me sort out a thing or two and this place saved me from quite alot. I really appreciate.

Please is it necessary to do a corona virus test before leaving?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Monmarri: 6:02pm On Sep 25, 2020
boywonder225:

Thank you guys that helped me sort out a thing or two and this place saved me from quite alot. I really appreciate.

Wow! Congrats. That was very fast. I am not sure you need it bf leaving according to those that are on UK visiting forum.verify on the link. https://www.nairaland.com/5233246/general-uk-visa-enquiries-part
General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel - Nairaland Forum
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by oscarwilde: 8:03pm On Sep 25, 2020
mimilyrics:
1. No. The LG marriage certificate is accepted since it's legally recognized in Nigeria.

2. If she earns £18,600 annually, she's good on that count.
2a. Her payslips which must be dated through the last 6 months.
2b. Employment contract showing that she meets the minimum financial requirements.
3. She will need an extra £3,800 for the first child + £2,400 for the 2nd & 3rd children so add this to the required £18,600 to get your final figure.

4. Yes but she'll need to select the application country as Nigeria and you'll have to check to ensure that correct info is filled in because the onus of information correctness is on you as the applicant.

5. You can upload using self-upload.

6. You don't need a new passport now. You can only apply for a new passport when you've got 6 months or less to the expiry or if you have no more blank pages left.

7. Accomodation evidence which will be provided by your wife. This must show that there's enough room for your family at the property listed. I know that there's a part that asks for the number of rooms in the accommodation.

7. Evidence of a genuine and subsisting relationship ie. Communication evidence, flight tickets for visits between you two, pictures, joint bills, joint bank accounts (if any), evidence of the period you've lived together over the past 2 years since she just moved back to the UK this year.

8. Children's birth certificates listing both of you as their parents.

9. All your passports.

10. Her proof of address ie. Phone bills, bank statement, electricity bill, Gas bill etc.
I'll update if I remember anything that I've missed.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by oscarwilde: 8:06pm On Sep 25, 2020
boywonder225:

Hi,

Please I'll love to get in touch with you so as to you can guide me through mine. Since its is very recent.
And congratulations.... I hope mine works out just as fine.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by chaRloBass: 1:14am On Sep 26, 2020
Thanks Thehilah4jesus. I got my spouse visa 2days ago!
Be expectant, it will end in praise.

Thehilah4jesus:

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by mimilyrics: 8:50am On Sep 26, 2020
You're welcome.

1. Don't be. Any document legally accepted by the Nigerian government is accepted by UKVI.

2. Whether you're going with them or not, you should mention them on your application.

3. If you've got bills in your joint names in Nigeria before she left, include them. If you don't have accommodation in both your names in Nigeria, no need to panic. Gather all documents that shows both of you as living at same address during her time in Nigeria ie. doctor's letter, driver's licence etc.

4. Pictures, bills, WhatsApp messages and/or communications after she moved, evidence of any money she's sent to you and just about anything that shows that you still have a continuing relationship.

5. She should get it earlier so that she can have bills with that address alongside the tenancy agreement.

6. No, you don't need your expired passport except it has a valid Visa or previous visa to show your travel history.
oscarwilde:

Thanks so much @mimilyrics

I am really grateful for your response.

1. I was very shaken about the marriage certificate because my wife is not here.

2. I am not planning to travel with my kids because of limitations in funding but I wanted to know if I'll be asked about leaving them in Nigeria and if it could cause me any problems.

3. I saw a video saying that the accommodation document should have my name. It further shows we did everything together. Kindly help confirm.

4. The thing is we have been together in Nigeria for the past 7years, she just left this February when I lost my job. We have no flight history outside Nigeria. So what will suffice as evidence of the period we've lived together over the past 2 years? Are the pictures enough?

5. She is planning to get accommodation about the same time we are starting the application. Does she need to get the place earlier? and why if so.

6. I don't have travel history even though I have an expired passport I never used.. will I be required to submit the expired passport? And will my travel history affect anything..
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Thehilah4jesus: 2:05pm On Sep 26, 2020
chaRloBass:
Thanks Thehilah4jesus. I got my spouse visa 2days ago!
Be expectant, it will end in praise.

Great news!!!!! Big congratulations to you. Am so happy for you.l wish you all the very best. Amen ijmn. Am grateful
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by oscarwilde: 3:22pm On Sep 26, 2020
Thank you so much @mimilyrics...
I'll be on this page as I progress....
Wish me luck.

mimilyrics:
You're welcome.

1. Don't be. Any document legally accepted by the Nigerian government is accepted by UKVI.

2. Whether you're going with them or not, you should mention them on your application.

3. If you've got bills in your joint names in Nigeria before she left, include them. If you don't have accommodation in both your names in Nigeria, no need to panic. Gather all documents that shows both of you as living at same address during her time in Nigeria ie. doctor's letter, driver's licence etc.

4. Pictures, bills, WhatsApp messages and/or communications after she moved, evidence of any money she's sent to you and just about anything that shows that you still have a continuing relationship.

5. She should get it earlier so that she can have bills with that address alongside the tenancy agreement.

6. No, you don't need your expired passport except it has a valid Visa or previous visa to show your travel history.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by helen44: 4:08pm On Sep 26, 2020
hello everyone, I need a little help ,my husband is a British citizen and has filed for me to join him we have summited our application 2 weeks ago, but I was just told that I am suppose to include an IELTS Results and a Tuberculosis certificate which I did not , now my question is , is there any way to send these 2 documents to the uk embassy in Nigeria ?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MamaEEE: 5:45pm On Sep 26, 2020
helen44:
hello everyone, I need a little help ,my husband is a British citizen and has filed for me to join him we have summited our application 2 weeks ago, but I was just told that I am suppose to include an IELTS Results and a Tuberculosis certificate which I did not , now my question is , is there any way to send these 2 documents to the uk embassy in Nigeria ?

I didn't think their is much you can do... But just give it a try... Scan and send to same address you forwarded your documents to earlier with a cover letter, that it was an oversight from your end. Then pray a miracle happens...
But hope you have the missing documents already...
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 10:54pm On Sep 26, 2020
helen44:

If it this application remains so, automatic refusal of visa (wasting all application funds).........

1 - What sort of visa did you apply for
2 - Did you use a verified checklist to ascertain full requirements
3 - We await your response..........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by coolMeenah: 4:42am On Sep 27, 2020
Good day house, please I need clarification

my spouse lost his job as a result of the covid outbreak
1. can I still go ahead with the visa Application or wait till he gets another job.

2. And after getting the job can I apply immediately or with till after six months.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ayotunde71: 9:22am On Sep 27, 2020
Hello house, is Tuberculosis test result a mandatory requirement for spouse visa application from Nigeria?

I would be applying from Germany, do I need it too?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Bourne007(m): 9:31am On Sep 27, 2020
You are exempted If you have lived for at least 6 months in a country where TB screening is not required by the UK, and you’ve been away from that country for no more than 6 months.

https://www.gov.uk/tb-test-visa

Ayotunde71:
Hello house, is Tuberculosis test result a mandatory requirement for spouse visa application from Nigeria?

I would be applying from Germany, do I need it too?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by oscarwilde: 12:08pm On Sep 27, 2020
Hey Guys,

Please I'll need your wisdom again oooh...

So, my wife is applying for me from UK.Wanted to know if I'll have to send her my originals to scan and summit at the UK Visa centre there... In short. how does it work when your partner is applying for you from the UK? What would I go with on the day of the biometric appointment if I send all my originals?

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ayotunde71: 12:35pm On Sep 27, 2020
Thanks man

Bourne007:
You are exempted If you have lived for at least 6 months in a country where TB screening is not required by the UK, and you’ve been away from that country for no more than 6 months.

https://www.gov.uk/tb-test-visa

(1) (2) (3) ... (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.