Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,268 members, 7,780,603 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:27 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1026579 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 1:08pm On Sep 23, 2012
yasuleiman:
am nw getting confused, cos i did nt submit d documents with my review

Why is that confusing then?

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by yasuleiman(m): 6:31pm On Sep 23, 2012
justwise:

Why is that confusing then?
cos when i was submitting my review, was told it was nt necessary to submit my documents with it
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 6:46pm On Sep 23, 2012
yasuleiman:
cos when i was submitting my review, was told it was nt necessary to submit my documents with it

That is exactly what i'm saying
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Niyex1: 8:24am On Sep 24, 2012
justwise:
Exactly. Considering the fact that the embassy already have information about you in their database.
@justwise abi?
That is exactly what i'm saying
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by kobayashi2012: 11:02pm On Sep 24, 2012
Hello All,

I recently applied for a tourist visa to accompany my husband (who has a valid visa) on holiday to the UK. All documents were presented, including my husband's bio data page, valid UK visa,sponsorship letter and financing (account statements - my account highlighting my salary, my husband's personal account and our joint a/c) showing he is more than capable to cover 70% of the trip (as filled in the forms). We were SHOCKED when the visa application was refused with the following comment:

"You have sought entry as a visitor for 8 days; you have declared no friends or family in the UK and intend to stay at a hotel for the duration of your stay. While it is not a prerequisite I would have expected you to submit evidence of any plans made in the UK and evidence of your intentions whilst you are there. This has undermined your intentions and I am not satisfied that your circumstances in Nigeria are as stated. I am therefore not satisfied, on the balance of probabilities, that you are a genuine visitor who intends to leave the UK as required by Paragraph 41(i) and (ii) of HC 395.

I have therefore refused your application because I am not satisfied, on the balance of probabilities, that you meet all of the requirements of the relevant paragraph of the United Kingdom Immigration Rules.

Your right of appeal is limited to the grounds referred to in section 84(1)(c) of the Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Act 2002 (www.legislation.gov.uk)"

What are my chances should I ask for a review/appeal

** We are not at risk of flight cos we have been to Southern Africa and Western Europe before.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 4:31pm On Sep 25, 2012
kobayashi2012: Hello All,

I recently applied for a tourist visa to accompany my husband (who has a valid visa) on holiday to the UK. All documents were presented, including my husband's bio data page, valid UK visa,sponsorship letter and financing (account statements - my account highlighting my salary, my husband's personal account and our joint a/c) showing he is more than capable to cover 70% of the trip (as filled in the forms). We were SHOCKED when the visa application was refused with the following comment:

"You have sought entry as a visitor for 8 days; you have declared no friends or family in the UK and intend to stay at a hotel for the duration of your stay. While it is not a prerequisite I would have expected you to submit evidence of any plans made in the UK and evidence of your intentions whilst you are there. This has undermined your intentions and I am not satisfied that your circumstances in Nigeria are as stated. I am therefore not satisfied, on the balance of probabilities, that you are a genuine visitor who intends to leave the UK as required by Paragraph 41(i) and (ii) of HC 395.

I have therefore refused your application because I am not satisfied, on the balance of probabilities, that you meet all of the requirements of the relevant paragraph of the United Kingdom Immigration Rules.

Your right of appeal is limited to the grounds referred to in section 84(1)(c) of the Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Act 2002 (www.legislation.gov.uk)"

What are my chances should I ask for a review/appeal

** We are not at risk of flight cos we have been to Southern Africa and Western Europe before.

You were refused in two different issues....1, you did not make a list of things you tend to do in the UK..e.g places you tend to visit.

2. The financial evidence you submitted is not convincing enough..meaning that there is no enough evidence to show that the money is actually available to you.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by kobayashi2012: 5:37pm On Sep 25, 2012
justwise:

You were refused in two different issues....1, you did not make a list of things you tend to do in the UK..e.g places you tend to visit.

2. The financial evidence you submitted is not convincing enough..meaning that there is no enough evidence to show that the money is actually available to you.

So, what are my chances should I ask for a review/appeal??
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 6:05pm On Sep 25, 2012
kobayashi2012:

So, what are my chances should I ask for a review/appeal??

You don't have full right of appeal, you can only go for review or re-apply addressing those issues raised by the ECO
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Niyex1: 8:01pm On Sep 25, 2012
@Justwise.. Confirm!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by olubunmi4u: 12:36am On Oct 02, 2012
@ justwise,
I ave a colleague that applied for family visit with d wife and was refused while d wife was granted. He was refused on d basic that he did not acknowledge he had applied before in 2007 under a different DOB Treduced age). He was refused under 320(7a) false representation or misrepresentation. He was given right to appeal, what chance does he have not to be banned for 10yrs.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 6:06am On Oct 02, 2012
olubunmi4u: @ justwise,
I ave a colleague that applied for family visit with d wife and was refused while d wife was granted. He was refused on d basic that he did not acknowledge he had applied before in 2007 under a different DOB Treduced age). He was refused under 320(7a) false representation or misrepresentation. He was given right to appeal, what chance does he have not to be banned for 10yrs.

Was he given full right or limited right to appeal? If he was refused under 320 (7A) then i don't think he was given full right to appeal.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by olubunmi4u: 10:45am On Oct 02, 2012
@ justwise
He was given full right to appealm it was stated at the end of the refusal letter Right to Appeal. He doesn't know how to go about with d appeal, what reasons can he give. Tnx
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 10:50am On Oct 02, 2012
olubunmi4u: @ justwise
He was given full right to appealm it was stated at the end of the refusal letter Right to Appeal. He doesn't know how to go about with d appeal, what reasons can he give. Tnx

Why was he refused a visa in 2007?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by olubunmi4u: 2:34pm On Oct 02, 2012
He was refuse student visa on the basis of no enough funds.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by olubunmi4u: 10:40pm On Oct 02, 2012
@ Justwise
The detail of the refusal is as thus:
You ave declared no refusals of a visa to any country, including the UK. However, d records show that in 2007 you made an applicatn for a student visa which was subsequently refused. In that application you submitted a passport with a diff DOB.
You have made false representation and failed to declare fact material to this application. The misrepresentatn and concealment of material facts undermines ur stated intentions to the extent that im not satisfied that u r bein truthful abt the pur pose and duration of ur proposed visitand therfore nt satisfied.
I there4 refuse ur applicatn under para 41 and 320(7a). On what ground can he appeal?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by worry359(m): 7:11am On Oct 03, 2012
olubunmi4u: @ Justwise
You ave declared no refusals of a visa to any country, including the UK. However, d records show that in 2007 you made an applicatn for a student visa which was subsequently refused. In that application you submitted a passport with a diff DOB.
You have made[b] [size=14pt]false representation[/size][/b] and failed to declare fact material to this application. The misrepresentatn and concealment of material facts undermines ur stated intentions to the extent that im not satisfied that u r bein truthful abt the pur pose and duration of ur proposed visitand therfore nt satisfied.
I there4 refuse ur applicatn under para 41 and 320(7a). On what ground can he appeal?

False representation!
Probably ten year ban
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 8:10am On Oct 03, 2012
olubunmi4u: @ Justwise
You have made false representation and failed to declare fact material to this application. The misrepresentatn and concealment of material facts undermines ur stated intentions to the extent that im not satisfied that u r bein truthful abt the pur pose and duration of ur proposed visitand therfore nt satisfied.

olubunmi4u: He was refuse student visa on the basis of no enough funds.

Your 'friend' submitted two different date of births, one in 2007 when he applied for student visa and another this time around.

In his current application he lied about been refused a visa in 2007, that is 2 serious immigration crimes that carries 10yrs ban.

If he wants to appeal then in his appeal letter he needs to explain why he used two different date of births and lied about been refused a visa in 2007.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by yasuleiman(m): 11:17am On Oct 03, 2012
justwise:

You can email them to know if they have received your review paper, but reviews or appeal takes time.

Goodmorning, its bin 2weeks now i have not gotten a reply from them. What should i do?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Niyex1: 12:31am On Oct 04, 2012
Wow, well to my own best of knowledge.. I think what your friend needs to do is to prove beyong reasonable doubt on why he made such errors.. Lying on the application kinda connects to why he changed his date of birth.. That was a delibrate attempt to deceive the ECO & that's terribly wrong.. The best he can do to get out of this situation is to get an expert lawyer who's extremely intelligent to canvas the decision made by the ECO or better still he can get a reduced ban or even get lucky without no ban if he should declare himself as a refugee.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 12:40am On Oct 04, 2012
Niyex1: Wow, well to my own best of knowledge.. I think what your friend needs to do is to prove beyong reasonable doubt on why he made such errors.. Lying on the application kinda connects to why he changed his date of birth.. That was a delibrate attempt to deceive the ECO & that's terribly wrong.. The best he can do to get out of this situation is to get an expert lawyer who's extremely intelligent to canvas the decision made by the ECO or better still he can get a reduced ban or even get lucky without no ban if he should declare himself as a refugee.

Refugee where? In Nigeria?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 12:42am On Oct 04, 2012
yasuleiman:

Goodmorning, its bin 2weeks now i have not gotten a reply from them. What should i do?

2weeks is not even 28 working days yet which is the minimum number of days it takes them to respond to review case.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Niyex1: 12:57am On Oct 04, 2012
Yes O! Lawyers have a way of making their clients look desperate to travel maybe because of Political war or for security reasons. Ask a lawyer, they know how to canvass stories & make their client look like a desperate young man who needed help..

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 1:01am On Oct 04, 2012
Niyex1: Yes O! Lawyers have a way of making their clients look desperate to travel maybe because of Political war or for security reasons. Ask a lawyer, they know how to canvass stories & make their client look like a desperate young man who needed help..

So you think that UK embassy will give him visa to go and claim refugee in the UK because his lawyer claimed that he will die in Nigeria if not given a visa?

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Niyex1: 1:06am On Oct 04, 2012
Haba..Not give him Visa o. The person is on the verge of a 10yr ban already and can just get a outright refusal or a reduced ban o. That's what I meant
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Niyex1: 1:07am On Oct 04, 2012
justwise:

So you think that UK embassy will give him visa to go and claim refugee in the UK because his lawyer claimed that he will die in Nigeria if not given a visa?

@Justwise, Nope. Lmao!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 1:09am On Oct 04, 2012
Niyex1:

@Justwise, Nope. Lmao!

So what is your point then?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Niyex1: 1:13am On Oct 04, 2012
I made my point already na.. Decisions made on a ban can be canvassed by a good lawyer if the case presented in a very smart way & then overturned to the usual outright refusal.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by olubunmi4u: 9:07am On Oct 04, 2012
The guy in question has a very good job, works in multinational oil nd gas, so he is never willing to relocate, just to spend 2 weeks with d wife and come back, it was originally done discretely, but when it backfired, he approached me since i have travelled before. Dont know if to tell him to forget about it and face his career.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by yasuleiman(m): 10:07am On Oct 04, 2012
justwise:

2weeks is not even 28 working days yet which is the minimum number of days it takes them to respond to review case.

Goodevening Mr. Justwise. Just got a reply 4rm BHC, not favorable. I have sent a copy of the reply 2 ur mail. Please help me view critically and suggest next step.
Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Godson311: 9:31am On Oct 11, 2012
UK Settlement visa related issue (Justwise & all in the house, your help pls.............)

I applied for a settlement husband visa but was refused becos my marriage with my sponsor was considered to be invalid under UK law. This was an ignorance on our part as we did our wedding after collecting the decree nisi before the final decree absolute letter for my wife's divorce. our wedding took place before the 6 weeks period when the decree absolute was issued.

We appealed and apologised for this omission but the ECM upheld their decision and the IJ later dismissed the appeal under human right and immigration law using article 8 that our marriage is considered invalid under uk law.

Question: Do we stand a chance of winning the appeal if we appeal to the upper chamber for re-consideration? or should i just dissolve my marriage with my wife and re-marry, thereafter making a fresh application?

Please, your advice and guidance will be much appreciated, i need to make a decision on that ASAP.

Thanks for your anticipated support
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by afolabi009: 7:35am On Oct 20, 2012
I applied for a 6month UK visa but was refused becos it was included that my salary is 200k per mouth but i hv just 190k in my bank account and 5m in my sponsored account how long will it take me to submit my appeal latter? any one to help.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by afolabi009: 9:00am On Nov 06, 2012
I send my applied document to the UK stuff via DHL and it has been deliver last week but i did not receive any text from them i hope that not a problem plz reply my good friend am a little bit nervous

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.