Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,356 members, 7,780,955 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:22 AM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (502) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1026702 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by mimilyrics: 10:34am On May 31, 2022
Not compulsory. Your wedding certificate is sufficient to link you both along with other documents that prove that your marriage is genuine.

kunletiwo:
Good morning All,

So far, so good the prompt responses and quality information I have read here has really helped a great deal. I appreciate you all.

However, I have a question regarding the application I am about to submit.

My wife has just completed her divorce process and she’s been issued her divorce papers here in Nigeria in March. April we got married and I am about to submit my spousal visa application. She’s a British citizen.

Now my question; Is it compulsory she go for a change of name before I submit my application? Is our registry marriage certificate and her divorce papers enough to justify her not having my name officially yet? Needed to clear this doubt before I proceed.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by youniq: 1:11pm On May 31, 2022
kunletiwo:
Good morning All,

So far, so good the prompt responses and quality information I have read here has really helped a great deal. I appreciate you all.

My wife has just completed her divorce process and she’s been issued her divorce papers here in Nigeria in March. April we got married and I am about to submit my spousal visa application. She’s a British citizen.

Now my question; Is it compulsory she go for a change of name before I submit my application? Is our registry marriage certificate and her divorce papers enough to justify her not having my name officially yet? Needed to clear this doubt before I proceed.

Thank you.

Change of name isn’t necessary, marriage certificate and the decree absolute are more important.

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by kunletiwo(m): 1:37pm On May 31, 2022
youniq:

Change of name isn’t necessary, marriage certificate and the decree absolute are more important.
Thank you. I really appreciate.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by kunletiwo(m): 1:37pm On May 31, 2022
mimilyrics:
Not compulsory. Your wedding certificate is sufficient to link you both along with other documents that prove that your marriage is genuine.

Noted! Thank you so much.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ray7878: 1:42pm On May 31, 2022
kunletiwo:
Good morning All,

Thank you.

As said already, decree absolute, marriage certificate, you can add a few of your wedding photos on the application as well. Change of name means nothing to be honest.

Just a follow up question, about your wife’s previous marriage (Where did that happen….in Nigeria or UK?)
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by kunletiwo(m): 1:51pm On May 31, 2022
Ray7878:

As said already, decree absolute, marriage certificate, you can add a few of your wedding photos on the application as well. Change of name means nothing to be honest.

Just a follow up question, about your wife’s previous marriage (Where did that happen….in Nigeria or UK?)
Thank you Mr. Ray.

Her previous marriage ceremony was in Nigeria, and the decree absolute was also issued in Nigeria.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ray7878: 2:53pm On May 31, 2022
kunletiwo:
Thank you Mr. Ray.

Her previous marriage ceremony was in Nigeria, and the decree absolute was also issued in Nigeria.

Amazing, everything is covered then. Congrats and goodluck.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by kunletiwo(m): 3:21pm On May 31, 2022
Ray7878:

Amazing, everything is covered then. Congrats and goodluck.
Thank you and God Bless.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by vikaosi: 11:49am On Jun 01, 2022
Edited

6 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by youniq: 1:55pm On Jun 01, 2022
vikaosi:
The month of June started with UK Visa for me.

Submission of Application: May 8
Biometrics at TLS VI. : May 11
Application Transferred to VAC: May 31
Passport with Visa Collected: June 1

Note: Some people raised concerns that I didn't do any test of English. I didn't do one. I guess it's not required.

I wish those expecting theirs success.

Congratulations!

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Eastner: 4:22pm On Jun 01, 2022
vikaosi:

Note: Some people raised concerns that I didn't do any test of English. I didn't do one. I guess it's not required.

Congratulations!… Amen!

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by JoyfulA: 9:13pm On Jun 01, 2022
God be praised

Application done 23/11/2021
It’s to a whole 130 working days
Pickup email 31/5/2022
Visa was finally approved

No English test
No IHS fee

I pray Coolmeenah get hers soon too
Cos I can totally relate how it feels to wait this long
And to everyone I pray you get your own testimony soon

6 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by coolMeenah: 9:36pm On Jun 01, 2022
JoyfulA:
God be praised

Pickup email 31/5/2022

No English test
No IHS fee

Waoh!!! 130 WD, Congratulations dear, super happy for you.
Aaemeen to your prayers. Thank you

Was your application standard spouse visa? And did you get a Non- straight forward e.mail?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by youniq: 12:01am On Jun 02, 2022
JoyfulA:
God be praised

Pickup email 31/5/2022

No English test
No IHS fee

Congratulations!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Eastner: 9:21am On Jun 02, 2022
JoyfulA:
God be praised

Pickup email 31/5/2022

No English test
No IHS fee

Congratulations!!! I like how we are getting good news back to back! May this streak continue!

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ray7878: 12:01pm On Jun 02, 2022
vikaosi:

Note: Some people raised concerns that I didn't do any test of English and that the test is compulsory. I didn't take the test. I guess it's not required.

Congratulations, amazing news. I think the English requirements is probably for settlement/spouse visas. Yours was probably work/partner dependant. Anyways glad you are sorted.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ray7878: 12:03pm On Jun 02, 2022
JoyfulA:
God be praised

Pickup email 31/5/2022

No English test
No IHS fee

Congrats!!!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ray7878: 12:04pm On Jun 02, 2022
coolMeenah:

Waoh!!! 130 WD, Congratulations dear, super happy for you.
Aaemeen to your prayers. Thank you

Was your application standard spouse visa? And did you get a Non- straight forward e.mail?

I think the ones that we did is different. Yours is settlement just like our one. Which usually takes longer to sort out. I think their one is a work/partner/dependant visa. Which is less fees, no IHS fee.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by vikaosi: 12:15pm On Jun 02, 2022
Ray7878:

Congratulations, amazing news. I think the English requirements is probably for settlement/spouse visas. Yours was probably work/partner dependant. Anyways glad you are sorted.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by orlabot(m): 2:41pm On Jun 02, 2022
Good afternoon everyone. Thanks for your prompt response to every question asked on this thread. Please, I received a message from TLS concerning my application this afternoon after I raised a concern about my application being stucked on the 'Application transferred to DMC' stage. This was the message "Dear Customer,
Thank you for contacting us.
Please be advised that your documents are being processed by UK Visas and Immigration. You will be notified separately when the decision is made and your passport will be returned.
You can also check the status of your application through your profile on https://www.gov.uk/.

Please keep in mind that TLScontact plays no role and has no influence over the outcome of your visa application or the time it takes to process.
Applications are processed by UK Visas and Immigration, which is a separate entity to TLScontact."
My concern now is, my application hasn't left that stage still. What might be the problem?
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by JoyfulA: 3:27pm On Jun 02, 2022
No mine was spouse visa
Under EU settlement scheme family permit and travel permit.

And English test was not a requirement.
It’s a free Visa you don’t have to pay any fee
As far as your spouse is a citizen under Eu and ur applying for this type of visa it’s free
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by JoyfulA: 3:34pm On Jun 02, 2022
I also got a non straight forward mail on 8th of April
After that I dint get any mail

I was just sending paid mail to them

My last paid mail states that if I don’t get a response
On before 31st May I should contact them for assistance

On the 31st of may I check my tracker it’s was already on 4 ticks

Then in the evening I got a mail from TLS stating my documents is ready for collection

I pickup on the first of June
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by orlabot(m): 3:42pm On Jun 02, 2022
JoyfulA:
I also got a non straight forward mail on 8th of April
After that I dint get any mail

I was just sending paid mail to them

My last paid mail states that if I don’t get a response
On before 31st May I should contact them for assistance

On the 31st of may I check my tracker it’s was already on 4 ticks

Then in the evening I got a mail from TLS stating my documents is ready for collection

I pickup on the first of June

Really?
So, those it mean that the mail I receive was a non straightforward mail?
And did your application progress take long time to move from the second stage to the third stage?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by JoyfulA: 5:11pm On Jun 02, 2022
It took 3 whole months for my application to be transfer to vac..

Besides my first application was refused due to fake bank statement that one evil agent used instead of asking us for a bank statement
He forge a bank statement

And the bank statement was just to proof if my husband has been sending money but he didn't ask

I was so lucky not to have a ban
If it was student visa or visiting visa I could have had a 10yr ban

But the lawyer that put in the new application said they don't give ban for family or spouse visa

I got lucky with that one
I am glad it turns out well

3 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by vikaosi: 8:36am On Jun 03, 2022
Ray7878:

Thank you, Ray.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Julianstical: 2:24am On Jun 05, 2022
Please how did you get your family registration certificate
LadyXB:
What a journey!

Thank you for the detailed breakdown May God continue to bless you and your wife.

I totally understand the frustration, My husband and I have been waiting since the 17th January but nothing, it feels good to hear a fellow comrade has been freed from this limbo.

Did you outline all of this in the complaint? And did filing the complaint speed up the process?

I’m contemplating going down this route, I haven’t seen my husband in over 18 months it’s tiring

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Julianstical: 2:28am On Jun 05, 2022
Ray7878:
Okay so, not going to bore you with how it started but a few things to add to everything.

We got married in September in Abeokuta 2021. And I came back to the UK early October.

(1) She did change of name and applied for her passport (Got that at Festac?) sorry not good with names/places in Nigeria.

(2) TB appt was booked for 26th of October after going directly there, and paid one of the staff to book her because we just couldn’t get anything online.

(3) Passport came out on the 25th of October after she begged and begged the staffs.

(4) When he booked the TB we needed her passport number but because she didn’t have one I called my mother and put HER passport number in the bookings, because without a passport they wouldn’t allow you to book it. And thanks to GOD they didn’t notice this. So when she received her passport she just stay over in Lagos and took it to the TB place the next day.

(5) Booked for her English test for 3rd of December (Result came out on the 17th online as passed) - Awaiting certificate.

(6) Application processed by myself over here in the UK
- Documents
A. My UK passport, UK drivers licence, my NHS work contract, my previous job contract (Both showing how much I earn per annum), my house deed, my mortgage statement, my divorce papers, my payslips, my Halifax statement of account (I highlight every single money that was paid by my employers in yellow, which matches each dated payslips) all these covering a 2 years period (Because I moved jobs in September and was paid more than my period job).

B. She provided her passport, TB certificate, and English language test result, Wedding certificate, pictures of when we met in early 2019 and wedding pictures, WhatsApp chat taken from archives from early 2019 up until the application date.

(7) Booked Biometrics for the 11th of Jan 2021

(cool Biometrics missed because we didn’t have the certificate. TLS refused to complete this without the actual certificate, DLH left her certificate on their desk in Abeokuta from the 17th of December until she made a complaint in Lagos when she went there on the day that TLS refused the biometrics.

(9) DLH delivered the next day after 1000 apologies to her for missing her bio.

(10) Bio rebooked for the 28th of Jan AFTER paying some guy that was standing around outside TLS as the TLS staff were unhelpful.

(11) Biometrics done of the 28th of Jan.
(12) Transferred to DMC on the same day and received - 3 greens on the tracker.
(13) Paid email sent in end of Feb by me, was told decision would be early Mid March by a staff named Tanya.
(14) 15th of March second paid email - Told by a staff called Simon that no decision yet. But since ours was settlement it is usually 12 weeks (Which means end of April)
(15) Wife received an email 11th of May to say “60WD is now 120WD” due to the Ukrainian crisis.
(16) Next day I filed a complaint via gov.Uk (The link I found it on this forum).
(17) Tracking everyday but nothing - 3 green lines.
(18) 26th of May - Email received from TLS for collection.
(19) Wife picked up her “Partner visa” to expired Feb 2025.
(20) Received an email from the complaint side saying they have contacted my wife.

I think this was the timeline that I can remember right now. Prior to this I or my wife knew NOTHING about immigration/visas or how to do an application. I found this forum AFTER we put in our application. But this forum has been very helpful and it has been an eye opener.

I highlighted everything that I uploaded on the TLS document website, and they kept her passport. Hopefully she would be here in the next 2 months when she has sort out everything in Ijebu ode where she currently resides.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ray7878: 5:21am On Jun 05, 2022
Julianstical:

What is that? Not sure what that is.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Oloshi83: 11:05am On Jun 05, 2022
Julianstical:
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Oloshi83: 11:07am On Jun 05, 2022
Thanks for the detailed info. Do you know if she’d need to re-do the TB test since it was done more than six months ago?

Ray7878:
Okay so, not going to bore you with how it started but a few things to add to everything.

We got married in September in Abeokuta 2021. And I came back to the UK early October.

(1) She did change of name and applied for her passport (Got that at Festac?) sorry not good with names/places in Nigeria.

(2) TB appt was booked for 26th of October after going directly there, and paid one of the staff to book her because we just couldn’t get anything online.

(3) Passport came out on the 25th of October after she begged and begged the staffs.

(4) When he booked the TB we needed her passport number but because she didn’t have one I called my mother and put HER passport number in the bookings, because without a passport they wouldn’t allow you to book it. And thanks to GOD they didn’t notice this. So when she received her passport she just stay over in Lagos and took it to the TB place the next day.

(5) Booked for her English test for 3rd of December (Result came out on the 17th online as passed) - Awaiting certificate.

(6) Application processed by myself over here in the UK
- Documents
A. My UK passport, UK drivers licence, my NHS work contract, my previous job contract (Both showing how much I earn per annum), my house deed, my mortgage statement, my divorce papers, my payslips, my Halifax statement of account (I highlight every single money that was paid by my employers in yellow, which matches each dated payslips) all these covering a 2 years period (Because I moved jobs in September and was paid more than my period job).

B. She provided her passport, TB certificate, and English language test result, Wedding certificate, pictures of when we met in early 2019 and wedding pictures, WhatsApp chat taken from archives from early 2019 up until the application date.

(7) Booked Biometrics for the 11th of Jan 2021

(cool Biometrics missed because we didn’t have the certificate. TLS refused to complete this without the actual certificate, DLH left her certificate on their desk in Abeokuta from the 17th of December until she made a complaint in Lagos when she went there on the day that TLS refused the biometrics.

(9) DLH delivered the next day after 1000 apologies to her for missing her bio.

(10) Bio rebooked for the 28th of Jan AFTER paying some guy that was standing around outside TLS as the TLS staff were unhelpful.

(11) Biometrics done of the 28th of Jan.
(12) Transferred to DMC on the same day and received - 3 greens on the tracker.
(13) Paid email sent in end of Feb by me, was told decision would be early Mid March by a staff named Tanya.
(14) 15th of March second paid email - Told by a staff called Simon that no decision yet. But since ours was settlement it is usually 12 weeks (Which means end of April)
(15) Wife received an email 11th of May to say “60WD is now 120WD” due to the Ukrainian crisis.
(16) Next day I filed a complaint via gov.Uk (The link I found it on this forum).
(17) Tracking everyday but nothing - 3 green lines.
(18) 26th of May - Email received from TLS for collection.
(19) Wife picked up her “Partner visa” to expired Feb 2025.
(20) Received an email from the complaint side saying they have contacted my wife.

I think this was the timeline that I can remember right now. Prior to this I or my wife knew NOTHING about immigration/visas or how to do an application. I found this forum AFTER we put in our application. But this forum has been very helpful and it has been an eye opener.

I highlighted everything that I uploaded on the TLS document website, and they kept her passport. Hopefully she would be here in the next 2 months when she has sort out everything in Ijebu ode where she currently resides.

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ray7878: 3:59pm On Jun 05, 2022
Oloshi83:
Thanks for the detailed info. Do you know if she’d need to re-do the TB test since it was done more than six months ago?

Nope she didn’t need to, once you have put it in and it was valid at the time then you are safe. Ours expired on the 22nd of April. The same question that you ask was how I found this forum.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Oloshi83: 4:19pm On Jun 06, 2022
Thanks

Ray7878:

Nope she didn’t need to, once you have put it in and it was valid at the time then you are safe. Ours expired on the 22nd of April. The same question that you ask was how I found this forum.

(1) (2) (3) ... (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.