Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,481 members, 7,808,752 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:23 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1034462 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by dotcomnamename: 7:15pm On Jan 16, 2013
g-rock:
Hello everyone, i have a brother wbo applied for a visiting visa on the 10th of dec for a wedding of another of our brother which was on the 29th of dec. He was refused and this is what the letters says:

"u state u will trave to the uk for your brothers wedding on the 29th dec 2012. I note that you applied for your visa on the 10th dec 2012 and as such you have not allowed sufficient time for the processing of your visa. Applicants are advised to allow 15 working days for the processing"
I have therefor refused.........
You hav a right to appeal against this decision under.....

He would have applied early, but the documents from uk arrived late. So we just told him to still giv it a try, not knowing he will be refused.

Pls what are his chance for this kinda appeal. Can he appeal, what does he need to say? Pls all advice will be grately appreciated.

This is case is beyond my power.. So i'll handover to my two boss grin ''Justwise and Vicjustice... Don't worry one of them will furnish you what next to do.. Goodluck
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by lamosy(f): 9:52pm On Jan 16, 2013
@g-rock
Sorry about the sad news regarding your brothers refusal. The wedding was for the 29th of Dec. 2012, so its done already, you have right of appeal because its family visit visa. He can appeal if he want but my fear is the event in which he had wanted to travel has come and gone. Appeal takes a hell of time, time as in 6 to 9 months. To my own opinion if I was in his shoes I will reapply again for family visit visa to visit the couple since they only refused me on the ground of time factor. Please when reapplying allow enough time to enable them do their job cos they've got loads of pending application to deal with. When reapplying don't forget to declare you've been refused a visa before and the reason in which you was refused. Failure to disclose this piece of information will lead to 10 year ban. Make a choice and go for it. Trust me you'll be given visa if you reapply. Have a nice evening. Take care. Cheers.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by grock1(m): 9:01am On Jan 17, 2013
lamosy: @g-rock
Sorry about the sad news regarding your brothers refusal. The wedding was for the 29th of Dec. 2012, so its done already, you have right of appeal because its family visit visa. He can appeal if he want but my fear is the event in which he had wanted to travel has come and gone. Appeal takes a hell of time, time as in 6 to 9 months. To my own opinion if I was in his shoes I will reapply again for family visit visa to visit the couple since they only refused me on the ground of time factor. Please when reapplying allow enough time to enable them do their job cos they've got loads of pending application to deal with. When reapplying don't forget to declare you've been refused a visa before and the reason in which you was refused. Failure to disclose this piece of information will lead to 10 year ban. Make a choice and go for it. Trust me you'll be given visa if you reapply. Have a nice evening. Take care. Cheers.

Thanks lamosy..... No need to appeal then, because he wants to process canada student visa which usually takes upto 5 - 6 months. And he is planning to put in for dat by early april so that he could get b4 sept. He is just really worried and i feel for him because he is scared if he doesnt appeal, the refusal which is on his passport might affect him not given canada visa. But since appeal take a ver. Long time, i dont even know how to advice him again. Will the uk refusal on d passport affect his application for canada student visa? Pls i need a sincere answer. Im his brother n i feel his pains, but i dont know d best advise for him
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by lamosy(f): 9:50am On Jan 18, 2013
@g-rock

He should stop worrying himself over nothing. His UK refusal was on time factor only. So he need not to worry. As for applying for a Canadian Student Visa yes he can apply it won't affect anything. So long as information is not withheld when filling out the Student application form. If he's been asked in the form if he's been refused a visa from any other country he should declare it and also the reason why he was refused for transparency. He should vet all his documents properly to make sure he meet all the requirements regarding the Canadian Student Visa before applying, because once beaten twice shy. If he want to go to UK for visit and he has the right documents to show for it he can apply first week in February his travelling date should be first week in April, he will be granted Visa. But if the student visa is his priority for now he can go for it because the choice is his to make. Have a good morning. Take care, and good luck in all your endeavours. Cheers
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by saheedbadmus(m): 12:19am On Jan 19, 2013
Greeting my co nairalanders..please your help is highly needed here ..i applied for a tourist visa last december and just some days back i went for collection when i discovered i was denied visa due to some reasons like
I won't leave uk at the end of my propossed visit and that my travelling intention is different from what i stated in my application..Abeg who tell dem dat abi dem don turn mind readers undecided.. my dear nairalanders and travel guru pls i would like to know what i can do and how i can go by it if i wanna appeal
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by dotcomnamename: 12:55am On Jan 19, 2013
saheedbadmus: Greeting my co nairalanders..please your help is highly needed here ..i applied for a tourist visa last december and just some days back i went for collection when i discovered i was denied visa due to some reasons like
I won't leave uk at the end of my propossed visit and that my travelling intention is different from what i stated in my application..Abeg who tell dem dat abi dem don turn mind readers undecided.. my dear nairalanders and travel guru pls i would like to know what i can do and how i can go by it if i wanna appeal

If you think you merit the visa, then it's better you go for Administrative Review, only if you can be patient for the result... Gbammmmmmmmmmm
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by lamosy(f): 11:45am On Jan 19, 2013
@Saheedbadmos

This was the reason why the ECO refused you visa according to you "I won't leave uk at the end of my proposed visit and that my travelling intention is different from what i stated in my application" did you declare ties or property? May I ask you your travelling intentions? I mean what you stated in your application,better still can you type the refusal the way it is written in the letter so I can advice you better. Do you have limited right of appeal?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by grock1(m): 7:36am On Jan 20, 2013
lamosy: @g-rock

He should stop worrying himself over nothing. His UK refusal was on time factor only. So he need not to worry. As for applying for a Canadian Student Visa yes he can apply it won't affect anything. So long as information is not withheld when filling out the Student application form. If he's been asked in the form if he's been refused a visa from any other country he should declare it and also the reason why he was refused for transparency. He should vet all his documents properly to make sure he meet all the requirements regarding the Canadian Student Visa before applying, because once beaten twice shy. If he want to go to UK for visit and he has the right documents to show for it he can apply first week in February his travelling date should be first week in April, he will be granted Visa. But if the student visa is his priority for now he can go for it because the choice is his to make. Have a good morning. Take care, and good luck in all your endeavours. Cheers

Thanks a lot.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by successfulman: 11:34am On Jan 20, 2013
Am Bay by name.My immediate elder brother is under PBS dependant in uk.He asked me to pay him a visit. He has sent all necessary documents to me.My worry is dis am a working class but my salary is paid by cash. I have payslip but salary doesn't reflect in my acct. I have sufficient amount in my acct. Can I apply and explain? Pls assist me
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by successfulman: 2:48pm On Jan 20, 2013
Good day everyone.
I need ur advice on dis travel issue.
My brother residing in uk invited me.he has sent all relevants documents such as statement of acct,utility bill,data page of his passport.
I need ur advice here pls
Am a working class but I receive my salary by cash.my salary does not reflect on my financial acct though I ve reasonable amount of money there.
My brother is point basaed system immigrant residence permit.does has legal status to invite me?
I don't want to throw away my chance,pls advice.
In addition pls, am married with children and wife but no marriage certificate because we have not done the lagal wedding.
Please how can I find solution to dis wedding certificate because I don't have any concerning dat.I need ur truthful solution and advice.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by lamosy(f): 3:26pm On Jan 20, 2013
@g-rock

You're welcome sir. Take care. Cheers
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by lamosy(f): 4:17pm On Jan 20, 2013
@successfulman

You said "My brother is point based system immigrant with resident permit. does he has legal status to invite me? I think he can if he has all the necessary documents in place. For you to be sure about this you have to visit the UKBA website for more clarification. Documents required before you can apply are as follows:
--Biometric page
--Statements of A/C
--Utility bills
--P60
--Pay slips
--Mortgage or tenancy agreement
--invitation letter to you

Documents required from you are as follows:
--Letter of employment
--tax
--A written letter from your employer stating that you're been paid cash(Salary), please use letter head paper, stamped and signed. Make sure your letter of Employment also state that your salary will be paid to you in cash. Make sure you state a reasonable salary because if what you have in your account is too much and what they pay you is a token they might suspect your source of income.
--Annual leave letter
--Ties or property if you have(this is just to convince the ECO of your coming back to Nigeria)
--Photos(pictures you've snapped with the invitee)
Warning: please make sure all your documents are authentic, do not forge any document please because it will lead to 10 years ban.
After confirming that the invitee can actually invite you, make sure all your documents are sorted before applying. Good luck in all your endeavours. Take care. Cheers.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lastbourne(m): 5:38pm On Jan 20, 2013
saintkola: Hello, i just wanna share my story.
Last september i was a final year student in a naija university & my sister sent me an invitation letter to come visit her in uk after my final exams.
It took my school 3 months to issue a letter identifying me as a student and I submitted the letter with my application on nov 30th.
The application was ready for collection in 12 days and it was refused for 2 reasons:
1. The ECO claimed i didn't provide my employment details and I clearly stated i was a student.
2. The ECO said I didn't provide any documentation from NYSC cos in my application, I said I would return for Nysc.
I had the right to appeal but I didn't cos an appeal takes 6months to process.

What I did was, I contacted a lawyer to draft a letter for me and in the letter I countered the ECO's reasons for refusing me entry clearance to the uk.
I got a reply within a month asking me to go submit my passport and be issued a a visitor's visa.

Where did you submit the letter
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by successfulman: 10:35pm On Jan 20, 2013
Good day everyone.
I need ur advice on dis travel issue.
My brother residing in uk invited me.he has sent all relevants documents such as statement of acct,utility bill,data page of his passport.
I need ur advice here pls
Am a working class but I receive my salary by cash.my salary does not reflect on my financial acct though I ve reasonable amount of money there.
My brother is point basaed system immigrant residence permit.does has legal status to invite me?
I don't want to throw away my chance,pls advice.
In addition pls, am married with children and wife but no marriage certificate because we have not done the lagal wedding.
Please how can I find solution to dis wedding certificate because I don't have any idea concerning dat.MY invitee has over 1400 pounds balance in his a/c, does he has financial status to accomodate and feed me? I need ur truthful solution and advice.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by brov: 7:07am On Jan 21, 2013
I applied for a tourist visa last yr nov and was refused with flimsy excuses. Got the refusal letter on the 21st dec and i couldnt treat the review or anytn cos of the festivity and holidays at that period.January has bn busy so far also. Its over 28 days i recieved the refusal letter now and im wondering if im still eligible to put in for a review.would they consider the break they had and give me a grace period. Thanks in advance
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Adisaogo01(m): 6:16pm On Jan 24, 2013
Good day nairalanders. I've been following dis thread for quite long time now, nd u guys r really doin great here. I applied. For. a visit visa sometimes around june 2012 nd was denied on the fact that I made an artificial lodgment. And I submitted an appeal in august 2012. Since then I ve not heard from dem. I decided to kal assylum nd immigration tribunals 4days ago ( 21st of january 2013) nd I was told that a letter was sent on the 16th of january dis year 2013 that the appeal had been withdrawn by BHC in nigeria bur I don't understand what dt means.can guruz in the house shed lights on this please.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by lamosy(f): 11:47pm On Jan 25, 2013
@Adisaogo01

To my own understanding I believe BHC has overturn their decision and they might call you to submit your passport in Jesus Name...Amen. I pray it turns out to be so by the grace of God. Take care Cheers.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Adisaogo01(m): 2:41pm On Jan 27, 2013
@lamosy, thanks for ur response. I really appreciate that.. So I should be expecting there cal any moment from now..
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by lamosy(f): 3:00pm On Jan 27, 2013
@Adisaogo01

Yes. Pray and look forward to hear from BHC. Cheers
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by dotcomnamename: 5:59am On Jan 28, 2013
lamosy: @Adisaogo01

To my own understanding I believe BHC has overturn their decision and they might call you to submit your passport in Jesus Name...Amen. I pray it turns out to be so by the grace of God. Take care Cheers.

If they detect forge documents, they use to to withdraw appeal too. Which means they will silently note 10 ban on his file, so it's either his file has been reviewed and decided to issue him visa or they discovered that he submitted fake document. So he need to contact them by himself.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by dotcomnamename: 6:01am On Jan 28, 2013
Adisaogo01: Good day nairalanders. I've been following dis thread for quite long time now, nd u guys r really doin great here. I applied. For. a visit visa sometimes around june 2012 nd was denied on the fact that I made an artificial lodgment. And I submitted an appeal in august 2012. Since then I ve not heard from dem. I decided to kal assylum nd immigration tribunals 4days ago ( 21st of january 2013) nd I was told that a letter was sent on the 16th of january dis year 2013 that the appeal had been withdrawn by BHC in nigeria bur I don't understand what dt means.can guruz in the house shed lights on this please.

If they detect forge documents, they use to withdraw appeal too. Which means they will silently note 10 ban on your file, so it's either your file has been reviewed and decided to issue you visa or they discovered that you submitted fake document. So you need to contact them by sending an email to them or by writing, plus prayer.

Gbammmmmmmmmmm.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by lamosy(f): 3:09pm On Jan 28, 2013
@dotcom na me na me

Well understood, noted. We learn everyday. Cheers.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Adisaogo01(m): 1:05pm On Jan 29, 2013
I received a kal dis morning from BHC lagos and I was asked to submit my passort between 10am nd 2pm.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by abbey1986(m): 2:08pm On Jan 29, 2013
I need advice from the moderators,i was refuse a visiting visa last month feb and made an appeal by march and it was called for oral hearing 3 times last year Nov-Dec but i called the BHC to ask for the outcome and was told by the clerk who picked the call that the judges dismiss the appeal and that my letter of determination was sent out of the 27th of December and till now i haven't receive any mail from the post office and all my previous letter from them doesn't take more than 2weeks and now it going to over 4weeks and i don't know what the letter explain on why my appeal was dismiss cause i was told to follow what on it either to make a fresh application or appeal to the upper asylum chamber...Please advice and why was my appeal dismiss ?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by lamosy(f): 2:54pm On Jan 29, 2013
@Adisaogo01

I told you the TRUTH and equally prayed for you to get it. My instincts never lie. Praise God. Soon you'll be issued visa.....praise the living God, he's mercies endures for ever. You're blessed. Take care. Cheers
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by lamosy(f): 3:08pm On Jan 29, 2013
abbey1986

Give them one more week, if you've not received it yet then ring or contact them by email. Don't worry I know the waiting is frustrating, but God is your strength he gives peace to all who seek him. You'll hear good news soon..ok. Exercise little more patience. Take care. Cheers
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Adisaogo01(m): 4:31pm On Jan 29, 2013
@lamosy, thanks a lot I really appreciate u.what eva it is u r expecting from God shall be granted in jesus name. I'm jst too happy I swear
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by abbey1986(m): 5:26pm On Jan 29, 2013
@lamosy,I will keep waiting and hoping to hear from them then would probably give them a week more and see if the letter comes in or not but my fear Is that why would the judges dismiss the appeal..what happen when an appeal was not successful and dismiss after a year of planning and after 3 oral hearing in the uk and after providing all requested document by the jury....what does appeal dismiss means from your past experience cause I noticed you give appeal advice to people which works out well.thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by lamosy(f): 8:53am On Jan 30, 2013
@Adisaogo01

I claim it in Jesus name Amen. Your Visa will locate you soonest. I am very happy for you too. Have a lovely day. Take care. Cheers
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by lamosy(f): 9:35am On Jan 30, 2013
@abbey1986

I'm not perfect in advice, I gave advice from my own understanding and from what I've read from this thread that worked for others and by the grace of God. Dismissal can be in two ways: either the case was dismissed and determination letter was issued or the appeal was dismissed and the case was closed. Since you're told you've been sent a determination letter I would strongly advice you to receive the letter first, then read the content, if you do not understand the content please ask questions, rather than concluding negatively. Don't be afraid, be strong, God is your helper. Pray ceaselessly that the determination letter carries good new, and you will hear good news in Jesus name. A guy on this thread has similar case as yours though his was settlement, yet God judge in his favour and did it swiftly for him. he was granted Visa. Don't lose hope...ok. Don't be afraid, the God that favoured that fellow will favour you too and put a song in your mouth to glorify him. Have a good day. Take care. Cheers.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by abbey1986(m): 1:40pm On Jan 30, 2013
Amen and thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by saintkola(m): 9:50pm On Jan 30, 2013
Lastbourne:

Where did you submit the letter

Via courier to BHC, Abuja.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.