Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,865 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:00 AM

EFCC Under Ibrahim Lamorde: Lie Detector Test Every 6 Months - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Under Ibrahim Lamorde: Lie Detector Test Every 6 Months (8229 Views)

Lamorde’s ‘disappearance’ Stalls N1trn Probe – Senate / EFCC Chairman Ibrahim Lamorde Removed / Efcc To Introduce Lie Detector Tests On Corrupt Officials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Under Ibrahim Lamorde: Lie Detector Test Every 6 Months by mukina2: 11:16am On Dec 13, 2011
EFCC Staff To Face Integrity Test

The Acting Chairman of the commission, Mr. Ibrahim Lamorde, said his number one priority is to cleanse the commission of bad eggs.

Lamorde spoke while receiving the Chairman of the Senate Committee on Drugs, Narcotics, Financial Crimes and Anti-Corruption, Mr. Victor Lar, and members of the committee.

He said: “About the credibility rating of the commission that has gone down, we are happy that you have observed that there are serious integrity issues in the commission.

“The number one priority of my administration is to cleanse the commission from within so that people will continue to have confidence in it.

“We want to set up an Internal Affairs Department that will be solely responsible for monitoring the activities of staff, their lifestyle and ways of life.

“We want to subject staff, including myself, to polygraphic test every six months and any person who fails the test will be sent out.”

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/29588-efcc-staff-to-face-integrity-test.html

Do you think the EFCC will actually follow through with this plan? 
What if the boss himself fails a lie detector test due to machine error or actual wrongdoing? Will he step down? 
Will there be a mass exodus of corrupt officials from the EFCC before the first polygraph test is administered?
And the most important question: should the Nigerian Police Force adopt this idea?
Re: EFCC Under Ibrahim Lamorde: Lie Detector Test Every 6 Months by Nobody: 11:26am On Dec 13, 2011
mukina2:

EFCC Staff To Face Integrity Test
“We want to subject staff, including myself, to polygraphic test every six months and any person who fails the test will be sent out.”
http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/29588-efcc-staff-to-face-integrity-test.html

After the recent debacle involving an X-ray machine and a well known comedian machine at Nigeria's 'premier' international airport, I know nothing good would come of this brainwave of yours, Mr Lamorde grin angry grin
Re: EFCC Under Ibrahim Lamorde: Lie Detector Test Every 6 Months by globalaid(m): 11:33am On Dec 13, 2011
another useless talk in order to get confirmation.
Re: EFCC Under Ibrahim Lamorde: Lie Detector Test Every 6 Months by kizito96(m): 11:41am On Dec 13, 2011
It does not make sense. Another false start.
Re: EFCC Under Ibrahim Lamorde: Lie Detector Test Every 6 Months by IbroSaunks(m): 11:41am On Dec 13, 2011
does he know people can be trained to beat lie detectors??
Re: EFCC Under Ibrahim Lamorde: Lie Detector Test Every 6 Months by maclatunji: 11:44am On Dec 13, 2011
Forget Lamorde, I would like to subject Mukina2 to a Lie detector test  tongue  grin
Re: EFCC Under Ibrahim Lamorde: Lie Detector Test Every 6 Months by Ninapha(f): 11:46am On Dec 13, 2011
I be Lukmon untill i see ur surname in Guiness book of record.

yeye
Re: EFCC Under Ibrahim Lamorde: Lie Detector Test Every 6 Months by maclatunji: 11:46am On Dec 13, 2011
IbroSaunks:

does he know people can be trained to beat lie detectors??

Then use the truth serum.
Re: EFCC Under Ibrahim Lamorde: Lie Detector Test Every 6 Months by highland(m): 11:49am On Dec 13, 2011
Incredible, lie detector is just a programming language and can be manipulated.
Re: EFCC Under Ibrahim Lamorde: Lie Detector Test Every 6 Months by Nobody: 11:51am On Dec 13, 2011
Those rogues would pass the test effortlessly. When you live a lie, and lie for a living, then its hard for a darn machine to tell the difference between your truth and lies. In any case, they'll quickly find a way to compromise the polygraph - only those that are truly honest would be 'indicted' by the machine. No be Nigeria? Yeye things.
Re: EFCC Under Ibrahim Lamorde: Lie Detector Test Every 6 Months by brainpulse: 12:01pm On Dec 13, 2011
pro01:

Those rogues would pass the test effortlessly. When you live a lie, and lie for a living, then its hard for a darn machine to tell the difference between your truth and lies. In any case, they'll quickly find a way to compromise the polygraph - only those that are truly honest would be 'indicted' by the machine. No be Nigeria? Yeye things.

Nigerians, Ha! i hey thee cheesy
Re: EFCC Under Ibrahim Lamorde: Lie Detector Test Every 6 Months by Pennywise(m): 12:11pm On Dec 13, 2011
Lamorde has obviously been watching too much American movies.

On the other hand what he said might make sense if the lie detector can be adapted to the challenges of local Nigerian liars and thieves. And this is the difficult part because it will take a true Nigerian. We all know we are incapable of producing anything.
Re: EFCC Under Ibrahim Lamorde: Lie Detector Test Every 6 Months by Sarcoc: 12:12pm On Dec 13, 2011
I long to see the day we Nigerians would speak positively of an effort by an official to produce efficiency - I do not stand to say that our administrators are not corrupt however I must remind you all that their western counterparts are no saints either the only difference is that their subjects are far too advanced/patriotic to be seen speaking ill  of them publicly. This should be our take too! It's called collective nation building for a purpose. Before posting any trend or comments on this site or any other PLEASE remember that it is open to the entire world and out here in the western world, opinions are being formed solely on the information that we have made available to them. Take the crippling credit crutch being battle with the western countries/ continent as an example - it loomed for many years but it was not common knowledge till it went out of hand; the scam of going to war in Iraq amongst a host of other poorly handled issues which are being kept quietly in other countries. Why then are we so quick to wash our dirty linen in public and sometimes prematurely?

I must finish by reminding all of the old adage - 'Towho much is given much is eexpected! If we do not give our leaders any credit especially upon newly assumption of office, how can we expect any credibility in return?
Re: EFCC Under Ibrahim Lamorde: Lie Detector Test Every 6 Months by talktrue1(m): 12:13pm On Dec 13, 2011
Lie has become the truth in Nigeria so there is no way the machine will work perfectly.
Re: EFCC Under Ibrahim Lamorde: Lie Detector Test Every 6 Months by Nobody: 12:16pm On Dec 13, 2011
Sarcoc:

I long to see the day we Nigerians would speak positively of an effort by an official to produce efficiency - I do not stand to say that our administrators are not corrupt however I must remind you all that their western counterparts are no saints either the only difference is that their subjects are far too advanced/patriotic to be seen speaking ill  of them publicly. This should be our take too! It's called collective nation building for a purpose. Before posting any trend or comments on this site or any other PLEASE remember that it is open to the entire world and out here in the western world, opinions are being formed solely on the information that we have made available to them. Take the crippling credit crutch being battle with the western countries/ continent as an example - it loomed for many years but it was not common knowledge till it went out of hand; the scam of going to war in Iraq amongst a host of other poorly handled issues which are being kept quietly in other countries. Why then are we so quick to wash our dirty linen in public and sometimes prematurely?

I must finish by reminding all of the old adage - 'Towho much is given much is eexpected! If we do not give our leaders any credit especially upon newly assumption of office, how can we expect any credibility in return?

[img]https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSYeydOCJuJy7g0uhxuRamomOlOMNZPYKsBBklFNDDIeMClcOm9[/img]
Re: EFCC Under Ibrahim Lamorde: Lie Detector Test Every 6 Months by Nobody: 12:17pm On Dec 13, 2011
Which kinda lie detector ? Abeg these people should be made to swear before ogun,sango,osun,esu and so on.
Re: EFCC Under Ibrahim Lamorde: Lie Detector Test Every 6 Months by Okijajuju1(m): 12:21pm On Dec 13, 2011
I really like this idea!

The ICPC should adopt this process as well.

And while EFCC are getting their house in order, the president needs to do something about the juduciary as well. Because, how can you live in a country as corrupt as Nigeria and na only Bode George (2 weeks imprisoment), Tafa Balogun (6months in prison) and Cecilia Ibru (3 months inside her house/clinic) we don catch. Its like the story of the fish in the ocean that died of thrist. The EFCC is only as effective as the Juduciary and vice versa. All corrupt judges should be Jailed after lie detector testing!  angry
Re: EFCC Under Ibrahim Lamorde: Lie Detector Test Every 6 Months by Sarcoc: 12:23pm On Dec 13, 2011
eGuerrilla - meaning

Just my opinion some of us might not have realised how influential the web is!!
Re: EFCC Under Ibrahim Lamorde: Lie Detector Test Every 6 Months by chillbabe(f): 12:25pm On Dec 13, 2011
Nigerians Nigerians Nigerians kai u ppl are so pessimistic nah wah oo. This is what u ppl are good in complain and rubbish everything
Re: EFCC Under Ibrahim Lamorde: Lie Detector Test Every 6 Months by Nobody: 12:36pm On Dec 13, 2011
Sarcoc:

eGuerrilla - meaning

Just my opinion some of us might not have realised how influential the web is!!

Meaning == people comment on this site because they care.
Burying the head in the sand as you've demanded on the other hand rails against probity and ultimately progress.

Do you know there is no consensus within the scientific community about the veracity of polygraph tests?
With this being the case, do you not think the Nation's interest would be best served by having an open debate as we are doing here?
Re: EFCC Under Ibrahim Lamorde: Lie Detector Test Every 6 Months by IYANGBALI: 12:46pm On Dec 13, 2011
let,s just pray that our people do not tamper with the machine,that would make the lie detector machine itslef to start lying.I no trust my people at all at all.
Re: EFCC Under Ibrahim Lamorde: Lie Detector Test Every 6 Months by ayolinger(m): 12:55pm On Dec 13, 2011

Why don't we subject our political leaders to this detector, when they are being sworn in or when giving thier party manifesto? sad embarassed

~Bluetooth:

Which kinda lie detector ? Abeg these people should be made to swear before ogun,sango,osun,esu and so on.

Correct! grin cheesy

Pennywise:

Lamorde has obviously been watching too much American movies.

On the other hand what he said might make sense if the lie detector can be adapted to the challenges of local Nigerian liars and thieves. And this is the difficult part because it will take a true Nigerian. We all know we are incapable of producing anything.

I swear you get am right, grin cheesy
Re: EFCC Under Ibrahim Lamorde: Lie Detector Test Every 6 Months by Nobody: 12:55pm On Dec 13, 2011
The Validity of the Lie Detector: Two Surveys of Scientific Opinion
The widespread use of polygraph ("lie detector'') tests has important social and individual consequences. Courts asked to admit polygraph findings into evidence, as well as individuals asked to submit to polygraph tests, have a natural interest in the acceptance by the relevant scientific community of the polygraph technique. For this reason, we conducted mail surveys to obtain the opinions of 2 groups of scientists from relevant disciplines: members of the Society for Psychophysiological Research and Fellows of the American Psychological Association's Division 1 (General Psychology). Survey return rates were high (91% and 74%, respectively). Most of the respondents believed that polygraphic lie detection is not theoretically sound, claims of high validity for these procedures cannot be sustained, the lie test can be beaten by easily learned countermeasures, and polygraph test results should not be admitted into evidence in courts of law.

Source: (Journal of Applied Psychology) [url]http://www.personal.psu.edu/krm10/PSY597SP07/Iacono%20polygraph%20survey.pdf[/url]
Re: EFCC Under Ibrahim Lamorde: Lie Detector Test Every 6 Months by Sarcoc: 12:58pm On Dec 13, 2011
eGuerrilla
It's one thing to have a meaningful debate on a matter for the intrest of a nation and another very different thing to slander 

I do note suggest that people keep quite however I suggest that we apply an extent cautione in  our post on the world wide web
Re: EFCC Under Ibrahim Lamorde: Lie Detector Test Every 6 Months by Nobody: 1:10pm On Dec 13, 2011
Sarcoc:

eGuerrilla
It's one thing to have a meaningful debate on a matter for the intrest of a nation and another very different thing to slander 

I do note suggest that people keep quite however I suggest that we apply an extent cautione in  our post on the world wide web 

My suggestion that you would rather have us bury our heads in the sand is not slander, it was simply a qualification of your earlier comment, so please deal with it.

As gracious as your call for for self-censorship on the WWW was, it still comes across as an attempt to stifle debate.
Re: EFCC Under Ibrahim Lamorde: Lie Detector Test Every 6 Months by Baawaa(m): 1:12pm On Dec 13, 2011
Another big Lie!!
Re: EFCC Under Ibrahim Lamorde: Lie Detector Test Every 6 Months by akinnux(m): 1:20pm On Dec 13, 2011
Larmode should just face his job and avoid this distraction. This idea of using lie detector would fail the same electronic voting cannot work in Nigeria
Re: EFCC Under Ibrahim Lamorde: Lie Detector Test Every 6 Months by mikeapollo: 1:23pm On Dec 13, 2011
Lamorde should not be overwhelmed to the extent of making statements that could make him look/sound desperate to impress.
He should just carry on from where Farida Waziri left. That woman made a lot of success which some people are refusing to accept, just because their friend was removed as EFCC chair by Yar'dua.

In just 3 years and against all odds, Farida has charged over 75 high-profile politicians (thieves) to court, including state and federal legislators, executives and officials of federal agencies/parastatals
Infact Bankole was cock-sure that The Presidency would protect him, especially when a whole IG of Police frustrated EFCC's initial effort to arrest him. His eventual arrest and prosecution may as well be one of Farida's 'sins'!

Lamorde should just be bold and go after the remaining thieves in high places. We just hope and pray that the judiciary would be up to the tasks and ensure speedy determination of cases
Re: EFCC Under Ibrahim Lamorde: Lie Detector Test Every 6 Months by Pennywise(m): 1:30pm On Dec 13, 2011
^^^The question is what was the return on investment in Farida's EFCC. Extremely very poor indeed. She was criminally inept and grossly unfit for task. What is 75 in a country where every government official is corrupt and tons of petition waiting to be investigated?
Re: EFCC Under Ibrahim Lamorde: Lie Detector Test Every 6 Months by domido(m): 1:48pm On Dec 13, 2011
Wat lamorde said is nt bad but,is it not d same nigeria machine detect drug bt comedian no gree shit am abi is it not d same nigeria mri machine said our u-17 playas are real u-17 wen someone proved dat he nos a playa dere whos 25
Re: EFCC Under Ibrahim Lamorde: Lie Detector Test Every 6 Months by HisMajesty1(m): 2:01pm On Dec 13, 2011
Who told Larmode that a polygraph test is completely accurate? This guy's just tryin to impress Nigerians. Besides lie- detectors can be manipulated oo! Afterall, no be person do am? Like somebody said he must av been watching too much American film.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Tested By Rapid Rise In Population - NYT / Jubilation As Enugu Pensioners Thank Ugwuanyi For Payment Of Gratuities / Turai Would Want Her Husband To Leave Power - Confidant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.