Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,877 members, 7,802,826 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:45 PM

Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala (13841 Views)

New Petrol Price: A Shift From Subsidy To Profit Making / FG Ends Kerosene Subsidy, To Sell For N83 Per Litre / Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by trw: 5:12pm On Dec 15, 2011
Nigeria is a land flowing with milk and honey
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by Kobojunkie: 5:15pm On Dec 15, 2011
Consultation, coming in, only two weeks to D-Day is going to reduce the eventual burden of this on the populace Give me a break people!!
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by Gbawe: 5:25pm On Dec 15, 2011
Understanding JEGAlese (Jonathan Ebele Goodluck Azikiwe) 101.

"leaner Government not possible". Real meaning: I can't take on the AGIPs and owners of Nigeria via removing all the numerous uneccessary positions they 'eat' from. Oti . Emi ko. Mba.

"NNPC to turn around our refineries in 2 years" . Real meaning: I can't throw sand in the garri of my AGIP buddies who make money via fuel importation into the Country.

"Subsidy must go". Real meaning: I cant bother to attempt reforming the fuel sector (NNPC, PPRRA et al) or take on my AGIP buddies and revoke their undeserved license. Nigerians have to suffer for my weakness and inability to do what is best for them.
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by Hardunnii(f): 5:55pm On Dec 15, 2011
GEJ is a fool, if he can fix electricity, then no more generators, which means petrol consumption will go down, which reduces subsidy, simple as abc
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by KBrown: 6:00pm On Dec 15, 2011
Sometimes, I wonder if majority of those claiming to know it all knows anything at all. Everyone clamour for the good things of life but it is taboo for them to support the government to deliver.
Here is an elected President who has identified a way in the removal of fuel subsidy but Nigerians would not understand.

For a sincere mind, it is simple logic that if market forces are allowed to determine the prices of petroleum products, it will encourage investors to move into the oil sector, create jobs and engender competition. On the long run, just like we wanted, prices will crash naturally. However, since we always look for shorcuts, most of us would like to eat our cake and  have it.  

Being a peace loving President who hate the thought of Nigerians being killed in a senseless uprising, he has decided to tarry a while for more consultations as to why we have to endure the initial pains of fuel subsidy for future gains and we are still crying! Sure, it will  take a mad man to straighten things in this land. I make bold to say that I voted for GEJ and he has not disappointed me one bit! I would rather have a listening President than any other!
Many of those master-minding the call for mass revolt are the cynics who are always quick to condemn but with no realistic alternative solutions to Nigeria's problems. The rest of the people shouting are just follow-follow! They don't know what they really want!

Nigerians should  give the President the chance to rule in line with his convictions. If and when he fails as many have predicted, history will judge him correctly. Of course, we have to keep our governments on their toes but we shouldn't grind them to a halt.
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by Bawss1(m): 6:15pm On Dec 15, 2011
KBrown:

Sometimes, I wonder if majority of those claiming to know it all knows anything at all. Everyone clamour for the good things of life but it is taboo for them to support the government to deliver.
Here is an elected President who has identified a way in the removal of fuel subsidy but Nigerians would not understand.

For a sincere mind, it is simple logic that if market forces are allowed to determine the prices of petroleum products, it will encourage investors to move into the oil sector, create jobs and engender competition. On the long run, just like we wanted, prices will crash naturally. However, since we always look for shorcuts, most of us would like to eat our cake and  have it.  

Being a peace loving President who hate the thought of Nigerians being killed in a senseless uprising, he has decided to tarry a while for more consultations as to why we have to endure the initial pains of fuel subsidy for future gains and we are still crying! Sure, it will  take a mad man to straighten things in this land. I make bold to say that I voted for GEJ and he has not disappointed me one bit! I would rather have a listening President than any other!

You talk as if you do not understand the real issues that are at stake here. Subsidy removal will directly lead to an increased cost of living for many many Nigerians including yourself. GEJ appears unable to deal with the real cause here which is corruption.

You seem to have set the bar so low to be impressed by GEJ's performance so far. The rest of us want something better, much better.
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by dayokanu(m): 6:20pm On Dec 15, 2011
What a Retarddeed fellow

How did Nigeria end up with this clueless President
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by Kobojunkie: 6:27pm On Dec 15, 2011
KBrown:

Here are some simply and straight forward questions for you  . . . .

a) Will suspending this, for, I don't know, 1 more year, mean that Nigerians will be better able to afford costs of this to the economy by then?

b) Will suspending this mean the economy will not, collapse as he claimed it would, if we had one more year(again assuming this is a one year wait)?

c) Will suspending this mean that the oil cabal will have one more year(again assuming the suspension will be for a year) of enjoying their bounty from subsidies, since the administration claims they are the problem, and does not seem willing to do anything else about them except remove subsidy as a form of solution.

d) Will suspending this for a time mean life goes on as usual ,  He keeps paying bulks into the pockets of the oil cabal, while he continues trying to convince us that fighting corruption head on is not the solution, but cutting the lifeline that benefits everyone, is the only way?

e) He has had over 6 months on this, why now? Why is this news of a possible hold on this coming only 2 weeks to DeeDay?
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by Gbawe: 6:32pm On Dec 15, 2011
Bawss1:

You talk as if you do not understand the real issues that are at stake here. Subsidy removal will directly lead to an increased cost of living for many many Nigerians including yourself. GEJ appears unable to deal with the real cause here which is corruption.

You seem to have set the bar so low to be impressed by GEJ's performance so far. The rest of us want something better, much better.

My guy, I tire OOOOO. All this to defend one man when the well-being of millions is at stake? When will some show basic uprightness and simply speak in support of what is right? All these fans of GEJ don't even minimally want to concede that it is corruption that must be removed and not the genuine element of subsidy (probably a few billions) that constitute about the only social "welfare" Nigerians enjoy from their oil wealth? Is it not bad enough that around a very unhealthy percentage of our oil wealth (89% I read somewhere) is used on a very tiny number of individuals in the "owners of Nigeria" club while the rest make do with crumbs that trickles from the table of our masters?

Nigerians are already "living in hell" (Courtesy Yar Adua).

They provide their own water, electricity, security etc. Now you want to take away about the only thing they enjoy from the oil wealth of Nigeria, very small in comparison to what they really deserve, just because we have a President totally disinterested in fighting corruption? Pure wickedness !!! Next time Nigerians vote, let them bear in mind that even if a "boy has no shirt" and swam to school, they should run miles from that candidate if he is surrounded by virtually all the AGIP in the land. The fallout of voting for a man who is compromised by corruption is what we are seeing now. No problem that has an element of corruption as a factor , not even one, has been confronted in the right manner by GEJ so far.
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by otokx(m): 6:33pm On Dec 15, 2011
perambulation
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by dmainboss: 6:48pm On Dec 15, 2011
It is now very obvious that those criticizing GEJ here on NL are partisan,  tribal bigots and absolute morons. You have been screaming the man should not remove subsidy, now he says, OK let me consult and see how we can go around it, then you come back to NL and scream he should remove it or he has backed down because he is clueless.

Of course I am not surprised because it is obvious those of you posting here are ACN and CPC members. You do not love Nigeria or seek its good. You are just Yoruba and (some) northern tribal bigots who are not happy GEJ is president just because he is from a minority. From your posts, it is obvious you have no clue what you are talking about but it doesn't matter really because now we know where you stand.

It is a pity though because it will come back and bite you in the behind soon. Obviously, there is nothing you can do about GEJ's presidency because he will go down in history as the best president ever and the man that changed Nigeria forever. You can keep hating till you get ulcer but it wont change a thing.
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by KBrown: 6:51pm On Dec 15, 2011

I quite agree with you that Subsidy removal will lead to an initial increased cost of living but that is the negative side of the matter, which in any case is temporary. I suggest we look at the positive sides too:

- With removal of subsidy, more investors will be encouraged to come in

- This means that more refineries will be built and old refineries will be privatized and better managed,

- Also, the various refineries will compete for the Nigerian large market and prices will crash,

- These refineries would depend on Nigerian crude and refine here. They will pay taxes and royalties, This means more fund for development.

- So, more jobs will be created and wealth creation continues!

- Meanwhile, as seen in the proposed budget, the sub-head for subsidy has disappeared with the money spread to other areas of need

- Note also that with the single action of subsidy removal, the racket of the cabal have been smashed. What many of us do not know is that the quantity of fuel consumed locally is definitely lower than the quantity subsidized by govt.  The balance disappear in corrupt deals. Subsidy removal is a master-stroke against corruption.

Now, apart from the initial increased cost of living, are there other reasons that can counter-balance the positives listed above? If there are, please put them forward.
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by jason123: 7:02pm On Dec 15, 2011
dmainboss:

It is now very obvious that those criticizing GEJ here on NL are partisan,  tribal bigots and absolute morons. You have been screaming the man should not remove subsidy, now he says, OK let me consult and see how we can go around it, then you come back to NL and scream he should remove it or he has backed down because he is clueless.

Of course I am not surprised because it is obvious those of you posting here are ACN and CPC members. You do not love Nigeria or seek its good. You are just Yoruba and (some) northern tribal bigots who are not happy GEJ is president just because he is from a minority. From your posts, it is obvious you have no clue what you are talking about but it doesn't matter really because now we know where you stand.

It is a pity though because it will come back and bite you in the behind soon. Obviously, there is nothing you can do about GEJ's presidency because he will go down in history as the best president ever and the man that changed Nigeria forever. You can keep hating till you get ulcer but it wont change a thing.

^^^^another idio.t introducing tribalism to sensible topics. . .SMH. Did you guys leave your common sense anytime you come on NL?
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 7:16pm On Dec 15, 2011
^^^^ why don't you decide where you stand, haba! dis guy, it is a pain reading your posts, today you are here, tmoro you are there! haba! stop talking from both sides of your mouth! classic ofe manu guy!
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by gaddafe(m): 7:26pm On Dec 15, 2011
The people of this country cannot be satisfied.
Those of u on NL against  GEJ can talk all u want but the president has not seek for your advice on the matter he has only made his intentions known.
Personally i think he has taken the best option, considering the forces that stood against the fuel subsidy.
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by jmaine: 7:38pm On Dec 15, 2011
The ACN and the CPC fans should sheath all those bleating about GEJ presidency. . .Place Ribadu whose political career was sacrificed on the alter of the ACN leadership for personal gains and the perpetual Nigerian reject Buhari whose holier than thou ego and attitudinal  thinking that he is the only savior that can save Nigeria, and i would still vote for Jonathan . . .Voting for him was deliberate and not an error

We also voted in people from ACN who we felt would perform wonderfully and yet we are yet to see him move in Lagos state . .  . . yet we don't bleat consistently about it and the supposed party affiliates have never for once conceded voting him might have been a mistake . . .

Now getting back to the thread . . .

The subsidy removal is a very deep issue with arguments for and against very sound . . . Fighting corruption in the system must start from somewhere and it started from the released names of those who benefited from the subsidy sham  . . . Am sure the corruption your all staring greenly at, are those whose import supplies are inflated in collabo with the NNPC . .what about those who smuggle those fuel products stealthily into other countries without any help from the NNPC guyz . . .how do you curtail that easily  with the already porous bother that needs a lot of fixing . . How long are we likely to finish fighting this corruption while they still feed fat on the reserve . . .

NB: I personally do not support the removal of the fuel subsidy at this moment . . The spiral effect it might have on the populace is unimaginable . . 
That's aside . .we must aspire to purge ourselves of all blind cynicism . . .

Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by Gbawe: 7:55pm On Dec 15, 2011
jmaine:

The ACN and the CPC fans should sheath all those bleating about GEJ presidency. . .Place Ribadu whose political career was sacrificed on the alter of the ACN leadership for personal gains and the perpetual Nigerian reject Buhari whose holier than thou ego and attitudinal  thinking that he is the only savior that can save Nigeria, and i would still vote for Jonathan . . .Voting for him was deliberate and not an error

We also voted in people from ACN who we felt would perform wonderfully and yet we are yet to see him move in Lagos state . .  . . yet we don't bleat consistently about it and the supposed party affiliates have never for once conceded voting him might have been a mistake . . .

Now getting back to the thread . . .

The subsidy removal is a very deep issue with arguments for and against very sound . . . Fighting corruption in the system must start from somewhere and it started from the released names of those who benefited from the subsidy sham  . . . Am sure the corruption your all staring greenly at, are those whose import supplies are inflated in collabo with the NNPC . .what about those who smuggle those fuel products stealthily into other countries without any help from the NNPC guyz . . .how do you curtail that easily  with the already porous bother that needs a lot of fixing . . How long are we likely to finish fighting this corruption while they still feed fat on the reserve . . .

NB: I personally do not support the removal of the fuel subsidy at this moment . . The spiral effect it might have on the populace is unimaginable . . 
That's aside . .we must aspire to purge ourselves of all blind cynicism . . .

What "blind cynicism"? You guys should stop all this emotional "they criticise out of hate" talk. It is, frankly, getting annoying. Such talk is only diversionary and patronising to the intelligence of Nigerians who have the right to see logical criticism tabled so some can see what is going on . What I want you and others to do is go to the thread below and counter the argument of the article. If, as you claim, everyone talks because they are CPC and ACN, then it should not be difficult to rubbish the article in proving that GEJ is right with his chosen course of action. When we are demand that GEJ do what is obvious and very much required ASAP, how and why should emotions be allowed to come into that?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-826179.0.html
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by jmaine: 8:16pm On Dec 15, 2011
Gbawe:

You guys should stop all this emotional talk "they criticise out of hate" talk. It is, frankly, getting annoying. Such talk is only diversionary and patronising to the intelligence of Nigerians who have the right to see logical criticism tabled so some can see what is going on

Am an advocate of balance . . . . if you must be a strong critic of any ills . .you must make sure what you stand for is not guilty of the same . .cos all we see are people throwing jibes around, forgetting that their camp is also is guilty of the said sins . . . . seeing folks who only view events from a partisan angle calls for concern . . . If pointing out my observations riles a few, then so be it . .am not suppose to make everyone happy . . . it's not a standing rule. . .

Gbawe:

What I want you and others to do is go to the thread below and counter the argument of the article. If, as you claim, everyone talks because they are CPC and ACN, then it should not be difficult to rubbish the article in proving that GEJ is right with his chosen course of action.

Like i earlier, that arguments for and against subsidy removal are all valid and is a very deep topic . . .Nothing in that thread is new bruv . .we all are aware of those points raised and they are genuine concerns raised . . .  So your revisiting it does not change anything . . .

Now what is GEJ chosen course of action . . .and why are we on this thread . . .Subsidy removal approved or what . . .It might be interesting to know in the context of this thread . . .

Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by Reference(m): 8:18pm On Dec 15, 2011
Fighting corruption before fixing the economy is just pie in the sky. It won't happen. It cannot happen. Corruption is a culture in Nigeria that runs deeper than economics. Where was corruption when government took away Nitel's monopoly. Did they have to close down the mafia that held the telecoms sector captive. Does government need to go after the PHCN mafia that has made the petrol generator household furniture. No, just sell the damn thing and let us the people determine what is the fair price of kerosine.

We hate government so passionately yet like the abused wife we return for more. NNPC, the king of graft was stripped of import monopoly and it fell into the hand of the PRIVATE SECTOR. Or are Yinka Folawiyo and co. government agencies, yet the corruption worsened. If government begins to jail them just how many will go, the companies that fix your roads, your bosses, your colleagues even some posting here work for companies that aid and abet this fraud.

So the best way for now is to remove the fuel from the fire. Kill the incentive and level the field. To return to state control of such industries is to pay school fees for government corruption. No sound economy will leave its key assets in the hands of the unwilling and unable. The man has tried and admitted on behalf of the civil service they cannot handle it. Why force them. Government has no business buying and selling kerosine.
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by maclatunji: 8:39pm On Dec 15, 2011
Nigerians must stand their ground and let GEJ know that they will not take removal of fuel subsidy until all corrupt departments, agencies and government officials are removed from the system or made irrelevant. Secondly, let him finish deregulating the power and gas sectors and let us see if he can exercise proper control over them. Then, we can talk about removal of fuel subsidy.
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by auhanson(m): 8:46pm On Dec 15, 2011
How can there be subsidy when a collective few are eating large on the the missing 60,000 barrels of crude oil daily , while we the larger population living in poverty should be paying the subsidy thing for them to continue living large in lottery. http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2011/12/15/the-nnpc-probe/

It never seems to amuse me how our head is being used in this country.
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by noiseless: 9:12pm On Dec 15, 2011
What is really the problems that is eating you the nigerian youths?Always looking for one little opportunity to expose your foolishness,you dont even know what exactly you want apart from opportunities to insult the wrong people.The subsidy suspended temporally shows that the govt cares about the concerns and fears surrounding the proposal.
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by auhanson(m): 9:31pm On Dec 15, 2011

For a sincere mind, it is simple logic that if market forces are allowed to determine the prices of petroleum products, it will encourage investors to move into the oil sector, create jobs and engender competition. On the long run, just like we wanted, prices will crash naturally. However, since we always look for shorcuts, most of us would like to eat our cake and have it.

Being a peace loving President who hate the thought of Nigerians being killed in a senseless uprising, he has decided to tarry a while for more consultations as to why we have to endure the initial pains of fuel subsidy for future gains and we are still crying! Sure, it will take a mad man to straighten things in this land. I make bold to say that I voted for GEJ and he has not disappointed me one bit! I would rather have a listening President than any other!
Many of those master-minding the call for mass revolt are the cynics who are always quick to condemn but with no realistic alternative solutions to Nigeria's problems. The rest of the people shouting are just follow-follow! They don't know what they really want!

Nigerians should give the President the chance to rule in line with his convictions. If and when he fails as many have predicted, history will judge him correctly. Of course, we have to keep our governments on their toes but we shouldn't grind them to a halt.

Kbrown, If all the sharp practices(including the missing 60000 barrels of oil daily, etc) underlying this fuel subsidy thing is tackled; and recurrent expenditures by Gov. trimmed down; excessive take home by politicians controlled, Nigeria would have no need for the removal of fuel subsidy that would further increase inflation in our land. Read this excerpts
http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2011/12/15/the-nnpc-probe/
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by Beaf: 9:36pm On Dec 15, 2011
Mobinga: It's not in the budget proposal, which was in last years @ N1.3Trillion. I don't know if it's constitutionally possible to retract a budget proposal.

What a fool.
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by jason123: 10:22pm On Dec 15, 2011
df2006:

^^^^ why don't you decide where you stand, haba! dis guy, it is a pain reading your posts, today you are here, tmoro you are there! haba! stop talking from both sides of your mouth! classic ofe manu guy!

Your intelligence can be accessed by your comments. Its a pain to be as dumb as you!

I said this:
jason123:

^^^^another idio.t introducing tribalism to sensible topics. . .SMH. Did you guys leave your common sense anytime you come on NL?
The idio.t is saying this:

df2006:

Can you see that you and your fellow ethnic supremacist are the problem we are experiencing on this forum and Nigeria at large. What an a55! *spits on your stupi.dity*
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by dmainboss: 10:26pm On Dec 15, 2011
jason123:

Your insults mean nothing really. But I am happy people like you and Gbawe and the rest are being exposed as nothing but tribal bigots who think their tribe must rule Nigeria. This is the 60s all over again. But this time, it will be different because we are fully aware now. I have never seen you criticize any of your leaders one day on NL. You twist everything they say or do into something right even when it is so glaring they have gaffed. You are nothing but slimy hypocrites. You do not care about the masses as you are simply wolves in sheep's clothing. We know you and your mask cannot hide you anymore.

It has actually really become childish now. Have you not noticed that your tribesmen are the main critics of GEJ? Have you ever applauded one thing he has done? FOI, Elections, etc? No, of course no. You cannot commend him because you are too bitter to. You cannot commend him because you are too partisan to. It is not about changing Nigeria like you claim but about your camp being in charge. It is a pity that the country will not progress with these so called "progressives" in it. Shame!

And please can you show me the "sensible" thing you contributed to the "sensible" topic? You see your stu.pidity now?
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by jason123: 10:32pm On Dec 15, 2011
dmainboss:

Your insults mean nothing really. But I am happy people like you and Gbawe and the rest are being exposed as nothing but tribal bigots who think their tribe must rule Nigeria. This is the 60s all over again. But this time, it will be different because we are fully aware now. I have never seen you criticize any of your leaders one day on NL. You twist everything they say or do into something right even when it is so glaring they have gaffed. You are nothing but slimy hypocrites. You do not care about the masses as you are simply wolves in sheep's clothing. We know you and your mask cannot hide you anymore.

It has actually really become childish now. Have you not noticed that your tribesmen are the main critics of GEJ? Have you ever applauded one thing he has done? FOI, Elections, etc? No, of course no. You cannot commend him because you are too bitter to. You cannot commend him because you are too partisan to. It is not about changing Nigeria like you claim but about your camp being in charge. It is a pity that the country will not progress with these so called "progressives" in it. Shame!

Again, be intelligent. What has tribe got to do with development Is the ND developing now that GEJ is there?? Has the North developed after 36 years? Has the SW developed after OBJ?? Do you think the SE will develop after an Igbo president??
Where did you guys get your education from? really?! undecided

ME?! I have not commended GEJ?? You must be joking?!

So criticizing GEJ is a "tribe" thing abi?! Okay, henoric01 is Edo, Gareth is edo, Ibimi is Ijaw, Maki is Ijaw, I am Itsekiri, Blink is Uhrobo; are we all bigots for criticizing GEJ??

Guy, I don't do blind follow-follow! Not me! May be where you come from, they do but me NO WAY! Sorry!

All you just did was to exposed is your bigotry, ethnic bias and bitterness. Well, I could careless . . .  undecided
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by jason123: 10:35pm On Dec 15, 2011
Intelligence is a major problem in Nigeria.
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by Beaf: 10:36pm On Dec 15, 2011
jason123:

Is the ND developing now that GEJ is there??

Yes it is.
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by dmainboss: 10:37pm On Dec 15, 2011
Hardunnii:

GEJ is a fool, if he can fix electricity, then no more generators, which means petrol consumption will go down, which reduces subsidy, simple as abc

If it is simple as ABC, why are you not a multi-millionaire but a pay-check to pay-check broke-ass foo.l who can only spend his time posting on Nairaland. The truth is the poor are very proud people who think they know so much but produce so little. You really think you are smarter than a man who has been able manipulate himslef to the top of the ladder in a completely crazy country like Nigeria? With the IBBs and Atikus lurking around? And is steering the Nigerian ship? You think you will survive for 3 days as a local government chairman? You need to go back to school bro.
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by jason123: 10:39pm On Dec 15, 2011
Beaf:

Yes it is.

And it did develop when OBJ was there? C'mon beaf, you and I know it has to do with the governors of the individual states. GEJ is a national leader and can't be seen as partisan to any region of the country. The main ND states that have always been on point and will remain on point is Rivers, CR, Akwa-Ibom, Delta and Edo. Bayelsa, where GEJ comes from, has not changed much.
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by Beaf: 10:44pm On Dec 15, 2011
jason123:

And it did develop when OBJ was there? C'mon beaf, you and I know it has to do with the governors of the individual states. GEJ is a national leader and can't be seen as partisan to any region of the country. The main ND states that have always been on point and will remain on point is Rivers, CR, Akwa-Ibom, Delta and Edo. Bayelsa, where GEJ comes from, has not changed much.

The governors are doing their own thing, but the FG projects are moving at the right pace for the first time in our history. Also, we have had several thousand trained abroad in various disciplines to suit the oil sector primarily. Its good, dude.

I am sure other sections would have felt a difference too, but its for them to post.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

2019: Okupe Tells Saraki To Run For President / PDP Alleges Plot To Arrest National Assembly Members For Jeering Buhari / South East Youths Organize Walk In Awka, Call On Nigerians To Support Bello

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.