Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,580 members, 7,801,668 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:49 PM

Alison-madueke Summoned By Reps Over Fuel Scarcity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alison-madueke Summoned By Reps Over Fuel Scarcity (6592 Views)

Saraki To VP: "I Cannot Be Summoned By A 'Mere Commissioner" - SaharaReporters / Breaking: IGP In A Shouting Match With Reps Over Siege On NASS / GEJ To Sue House Of Reps Over Summon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alison-madueke Summoned By Reps Over Fuel Scarcity by mukina2: 2:49pm On Dec 15, 2011
House summons Madueke, others over fuel scarcity

Minister of Petroleum,Mrs Diezani Alison-Madueke is to face the House of Representatives over the re-emergence of long queues in the country.

Similarly, helmsmen of the Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR), and the Petroleum Pricing Regulatory Agency (PPRA) have been directed to explain why Premium Motor Spirit (PMS) (petrol) is scarcity in the country.

But the Management of the NNPC yesterday cautioned against the growing incidence of panic buying and indiscriminate hoarding of petroleum products by some Nigerians in anticipation of the planned removal of subsidy on premium motor spirit (PMS) by the Federal Government.

While condemning the development, the lawmakers have urged the Federal Government to, as a matter of urgency, bring the situation under control.

The resolution of the House followed a motion sponsored by Bashir Babale (PDP, Kano), under matters of urgent public importance, regretted that the scarcity was coming few days to Christmas and New Year’s celebrations.

A statement by the Group General Manager, Group Public Affairs Division of the Corporation, Dr. Levi Ajuonuma, blamed the emerging fuel queues noticeable in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) and some cities in the country on the unfortunate rush by some marketers and consumers to mop-up enough products in anticipation of the envisaged take-off of the deregulation, which they believe will commence with Tuesday’s budget presentation by Mr President.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/business/29798-house-summons-madueke-others-over-fuel-scarcity.html
Re: Alison-madueke Summoned By Reps Over Fuel Scarcity by OAM4J: 3:11pm On Dec 15, 2011
There is always fuel scarcity almost every year end in Nigeria.

Is it a curse or this one is just in anticipation of subsidy removal?
Re: Alison-madueke Summoned By Reps Over Fuel Scarcity by Baawaa(m): 3:16pm On Dec 15, 2011
It is normal for december
Re: Alison-madueke Summoned By Reps Over Fuel Scarcity by Bawss1(m): 3:23pm On Dec 15, 2011
Was this not an issue that GEJ’s presidency was said to have sorted once and for all. Well I hope this recent scarcity is ended soon. Smh @ NNPC
Re: Alison-madueke Summoned By Reps Over Fuel Scarcity by ndukwejoe(m): 3:25pm On Dec 15, 2011
This is what each governor should do to stop.
Re: Alison-madueke Summoned By Reps Over Fuel Scarcity by AmeboAjela(f): 3:29pm On Dec 15, 2011
OAM4J:

There is always fuel scarcity almost every year end in Nigeria.
[b]
Is it a curse [/b]or this one is just in anticipation of subsidy removal?

No it is not a Curse. It happens cos the country is not govern by LAW. As long as there is no law to govern anybody (Ie everybody doing what they like without no consequence) things like this and others will always be happening
Re: Alison-madueke Summoned By Reps Over Fuel Scarcity by kufreabasi(m): 3:36pm On Dec 15, 2011
This nonesense is too much in this nation. Why are things runing zigzag like this in this country? The nation is always wanting to collect and rub the poor masses without poor masses benefiting from the nation.

Must nigeria be suffering from this mess everytime? It's a high time we go on rampage because this seems to be the only solution
Re: Alison-madueke Summoned By Reps Over Fuel Scarcity by timpaker(m): 3:38pm On Dec 15, 2011
IMO, I guess they are trying to frustrate Nigerians into supporting the evil plan on removing fuel subsidy shocked shocked shocked
Re: Alison-madueke Summoned By Reps Over Fuel Scarcity by snthesis(m): 3:47pm On Dec 15, 2011
mukina2:

Similarly, helmsmen of the Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR), and the Petroleum Pricing Regulatory Agency (PPRA) have been directed to explain why Premium Motor Spirit (PMS) (petrol) is scarcity in the country
did a national daily actually write this shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Alison-madueke Summoned By Reps Over Fuel Scarcity by lafuria1(m): 3:51pm On Dec 15, 2011
I tot gej had solved d prblm. She wil blame marketers 4 hoardin fuel so dat they can sell at d new anticipated price. Wil wait 2 hear wat they hv 2 say.
Re: Alison-madueke Summoned By Reps Over Fuel Scarcity by kokoA(m): 3:53pm On Dec 15, 2011
Obviously, thoes MPs just like staring at that woman's face, I don't know why lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Alison-madueke Summoned By Reps Over Fuel Scarcity by Chubhie: 4:02pm On Dec 15, 2011
She will jejely tell them that the problems of scarcity has always been there and infact part of what she met on ground and presently workn on sortn things out. Case closed n the vicious circle continues.
Re: Alison-madueke Summoned By Reps Over Fuel Scarcity by angelz(f): 4:02pm On Dec 15, 2011
its in anticipation of the subsidy removal.
Nigerians kno wat usu follows after such ground breakin decision,
hence they r gettin ready.
Re: Alison-madueke Summoned By Reps Over Fuel Scarcity by linsa01(m): 4:40pm On Dec 15, 2011
GEJ and madam Allison did all they could to ensure there was'nt fuel scarcity December 2010. I could recall Jonathan using that as a score to his achievements during the pdp primary. Now they have achieved their ambitions and relax, Nigerians can queue for fuel as long as they can. Its no more their biz.
Re: Alison-madueke Summoned By Reps Over Fuel Scarcity by dplordx(m): 4:55pm On Dec 15, 2011
GEJ told us he is once like us grin See how he treats his fellow Ode-and Mumu people.
The funniest thing about the 2012 budget is, there is nothing like Youth Empowerment in it, or anything to tackle job creation.
The pressy just gave the police and military a full carte-blanche to kill any misbehaving youths with all the weapons the 900billion he allocated will buy. Hmmm, seems like Nigerians are getting the hail of shyt they deserve. Breath in the fresh air you bunch of failures. Come 2015, please vote in PDP again. Hopeless generation.
Re: Alison-madueke Summoned By Reps Over Fuel Scarcity by yomz1e(m): 5:03pm On Dec 15, 2011
4kin hate this country! everyday my missus by diesel for gen! I hate  Nigerian Government. I put a curse on you and all your blood line! Th eprofit she makes , she uses to run gen at night so kidz can have decent sleep without bloody mosquito queuing up to have a go! damn you Nigeria. what a let down you are!
Re: Alison-madueke Summoned By Reps Over Fuel Scarcity by bisiaet: 5:09pm On Dec 15, 2011
No it is not a Curse. It happens cos the country is not govern by LAW. As long as there is no law to govern anybody (Ie everybody doing what they like without no consequence) things like this and others will always be happening.

God bless you. You've said the truth.
Re: Alison-madueke Summoned By Reps Over Fuel Scarcity by Sike(m): 5:17pm On Dec 15, 2011
Com'on! Bring it on. . . I think we are already used to it.
Re: Alison-madueke Summoned By Reps Over Fuel Scarcity by Nobody: 5:52pm On Dec 15, 2011
AmeboAjela:

No it is not a Curse.

yes its a curse that is part of an even bigger one called the dutch disease
Re: Alison-madueke Summoned By Reps Over Fuel Scarcity by 9icelag: 5:55pm On Dec 15, 2011
water = e no dey
light = e no dey . e dey go dey com, e dey com dey go, e go bright gan e go bright small
food = e no dey
house = e no dey
They don turn us to suffer head original suffer head.
Re: Alison-madueke Summoned By Reps Over Fuel Scarcity by dayokanu(m): 6:22pm On Dec 15, 2011
Shebi na una fresh air be dis?
Re: Alison-madueke Summoned By Reps Over Fuel Scarcity by 2mch(m): 6:23pm On Dec 15, 2011
Fresh Mess grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Alison-madueke Summoned By Reps Over Fuel Scarcity by eros(m): 6:33pm On Dec 15, 2011
dplordx:

GEJ told us he is once like us grin See how he treats his fellow Ode-and Mumu people.
The funniest thing about the 2012 budget is, there is nothing like Youth Empowerment in it, or anything to tackle job creation.
The pressy just gave the police and military a full carte-blanche to kill any misbehaving youths with all the weapons the 900billion he allocated will buy. Hmmm, seems like Nigerians are getting the hail of shyt they deserve. Breath in the fresh air you bunch of failures. Come 2015, please vote in PDP again. Hopeless generation.

I couldn't agree less with you. Was lamenting with a friend over the state of Nigeria today and planning the way forward. I think come 2012, more Nigerians will travel out en-mass and relocate to other countries. This country called Nigeria is one big joke and the masses have always been the prey for the evil games GEJ and PDP bigwigs are playing with us.
Re: Alison-madueke Summoned By Reps Over Fuel Scarcity by purplekayc(m): 6:48pm On Dec 15, 2011
This scarcity thing is always an aryificial ploy by a group of powerfull people who just don't care about the general population in the country all these scarcity will do is increase their portfolio simple!
Re: Alison-madueke Summoned By Reps Over Fuel Scarcity by madjune(m): 6:53pm On Dec 15, 2011
It's always so once we are in december because Nigerians get obviously nervous and anxious over nothing.
Re: Alison-madueke Summoned By Reps Over Fuel Scarcity by Myself2(m): 8:14am On Dec 16, 2011
The Nation newspaper,junk newspaper with junk news;who doesn't know that there's always fuel scarcity in December?
I see they're tired of abusing mama Awolowo or singing the praises of Tinubu so they aint got ish to report
Re: Alison-madueke Summoned By Reps Over Fuel Scarcity by dustydee: 9:51am On Dec 16, 2011
Myself2:

The Nation newspaper,junk newspaper with junk news;who doesn't know that there's always fuel scarcity in December?
I see they're tired of abusing mama Awolowo or singing the praises of Tinubu so they aint got ish to report
Is it normal?does it happen in Cameroon or Niger?Learn to ask questions rather than accept mediocrity. When PDP used it to campaign they did not tell Nigerians there will be scarcity only in december.
Re: Alison-madueke Summoned By Reps Over Fuel Scarcity by Pukkah: 10:18am On Dec 16, 2011
Myself2:

What has this got to do with The Nation newspaper? Did the scarcity happen or not? Is it normal for scarcity to happen?
Re: Alison-madueke Summoned By Reps Over Fuel Scarcity by Chichilas: 10:48am On Dec 16, 2011
The scenario is bizarre, A country is the 6th largest producer of crude oil, yet, no refinery exist or functions and we still import fuel. Take a look at the other countries on the OPEC list and you would find Nigeria as one of the most backward and corrupt both economically and technologically. State governors single-handedly loot the treasury and are able to use this stolen funds to build refineries in foreign lands, yet Nigeria as a nation does not have the capacity to build refineries.

For clarity, please check the cost of PMS in Egypt, Libya, Iran, Saudi Arabia, compare this to their standard of living and you would then be certain that serious problems loom for Nigeria.
Re: Alison-madueke Summoned By Reps Over Fuel Scarcity by highland(m): 11:18am On Dec 16, 2011
The scarcity has gone down here. It has been resolved.
Re: Alison-madueke Summoned By Reps Over Fuel Scarcity by Kx: 1:50pm On Dec 16, 2011
mukina2:

explain why Premium Motor Spirit (PMS) (petrol) is [b]scarcity i[/b]n the country.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/business/29798-house-summons-madueke-others-over-fuel-scarcity.html
Do they even read this things b4 they roll out at all?
Re: Alison-madueke Summoned By Reps Over Fuel Scarcity by Abagworo(m): 3:23pm On Dec 16, 2011
The problem with us is that we refuse to believe in the impact of market forces on petroleum products. Demand for every commodity normally increases in mid december and fuel is no exception. Things will gradually normalize in January. It is not Madueke's fault.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Edwin Clark Prevented Igbo Presidency & Caused Escalation Of Boko Haram Violence / Nigeria & South-Africa Aim To Strengthen Ties / Four Killed By Gunmen In Plateau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.