Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,390 members, 7,808,378 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:11 AM

25 Year Old Missing Nigerian Found Dead In Usa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 25 Year Old Missing Nigerian Found Dead In Usa (23218 Views)

Boko Haram Releases Video Of Missing Nigerian Airforce Jet (watch)- Cramjones / Yasmine, El-rufai's 25 Year Old Daughter, Found Dead In London / Police Arraign 25-year-old For Taking Picture With Blackberry Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

25 Year Old Missing Nigerian Found Dead In Usa by ceomike(m): 4:02pm On Dec 16, 2011
Oluwtosin Oyelowo a 25 year old Nigerian student at MUSC has been found dead. Reports says she jumped from bridge.

The woman who reportedly jumped from the Arthur Ravenel Jr. Bridge on Friday was a 25-year-old MUSC student, according to police reports and various online articles.

Olutosin "Tosin" Oyelowo, a Nigerian national with roots in Wake Forest, NC, was last seen by motorists and pedestrians leaping from the Bridge, a Mount Pleasant police report states.

Calls reporting the jumping were received around 3:30 p.m. on Friday, according to reports. Police found Oyelowo's purse and driver's license at the summit of the bridge in the area where callers reported seeing her jump.

Police located Oyelowo's 2007 Toyota Yaris at a convenience store in Mount Pleasant where many pedestrians park to walk along the bridge's pedestrian path.

Water searches for Oyelowo by Mount Pleasant and Charleston police, as well as the U.S. Coast Guard, have not been successful in the days since the jumping was reported.

more: http://www.

Re: 25 Year Old Missing Nigerian Found Dead In Usa by OAM4J: 4:11pm On Dec 16, 2011
Re: 25 Year Old Missing Nigerian Found Dead In Usa by OAM4J: 4:12pm On Dec 16, 2011
OMG! Lord have mercy!
Re: 25 Year Old Missing Nigerian Found Dead In Usa by mikuz(m): 4:20pm On Dec 16, 2011
What a life!
Re: 25 Year Old Missing Nigerian Found Dead In Usa by Tolulop001(f): 4:21pm On Dec 16, 2011
what a shame  cry cry cry
Re: 25 Year Old Missing Nigerian Found Dead In Usa by otokx(m): 4:21pm On Dec 16, 2011
Too bad; suicide is never an option.
Re: 25 Year Old Missing Nigerian Found Dead In Usa by Lasinoh: 4:28pm On Dec 16, 2011
Like play-like play?
Hope one yeye man was not involved o? cry
She must have been very troubled.
Too many questions unanswered.
She was doing so well.
What a beautiful young lady.
Could life have been so bad? undecided

This life wey dey sweet like 'tom-tom' so?
Wetin happen? undecided
Re: 25 Year Old Missing Nigerian Found Dead In Usa by Claus(m): 4:34pm On Dec 16, 2011
ceomike:

Oluwtosin Oyelowo a 25 year old Nigerian student at MUSC has been found dead. Reports says she jumped from bridge.

Water searches for Oyelowo by Mount Pleasant and Charleston police, as well as the U.S. Coast Guard, have not been successful in the days since the jumping was reported.

more: http://www.

May she RIP.
Wonder how the reporting got skewed though.
Re: 25 Year Old Missing Nigerian Found Dead In Usa by ismhab(m): 4:35pm On Dec 16, 2011
is the handiwork of boko haram, they don't reach u.s.a, even the president is afraid, God save us.
Re: 25 Year Old Missing Nigerian Found Dead In Usa by Ninapha(f): 4:38pm On Dec 16, 2011
why? why?
What could hv led to this Tosin?
Should i say RIP?
What made u take this action?
Who made u take this action?

What about the future u dreamt of?
what about the fairies u Thought about?
What about the world u wanted to build?
And the name u promised to keep?

U left never to be bothered!
Never to fight again!
Never to see hurt
And yet it was wrong, just wrong, u did it!
Re: 25 Year Old Missing Nigerian Found Dead In Usa by chitech(m): 4:39pm On Dec 16, 2011
nigerians does not commits suicide,its must be a murder case,the life of 1 nigerian is equal to datfa us citizenz
Re: 25 Year Old Missing Nigerian Found Dead In Usa by araba1(m): 4:41pm On Dec 16, 2011
who break her heart among you guys on nairaland
Re: 25 Year Old Missing Nigerian Found Dead In Usa by dadicvila(m): 4:45pm On Dec 16, 2011
those white heads should carry out proper investigation oO!!!with the right knowledge Murders can easily be made to look like sucides, Lawd have mercy sad sad
Re: 25 Year Old Missing Nigerian Found Dead In Usa by maclatunji: 4:46pm On Dec 16, 2011
Did she not come to Nairaland for help? We could have told her it is not worth it! If you are reading this and are feeling suicidal, I am telling you it is not worth it. If you need someone to talk to find me on any thread and we can share your problem.

This is thoroughly depressing!  embarassed
Re: 25 Year Old Missing Nigerian Found Dead In Usa by kizito96(m): 4:54pm On Dec 16, 2011
I condemn this action in its entirety. The police should try to find out the motive
Re: 25 Year Old Missing Nigerian Found Dead In Usa by Pappij: 4:57pm On Dec 16, 2011
Very sad, ma her soul RIP
Re: 25 Year Old Missing Nigerian Found Dead In Usa by Baawaa(m): 4:59pm On Dec 16, 2011
What is unclear to us is very obvious to Almighty God
Re: 25 Year Old Missing Nigerian Found Dead In Usa by soreola(f): 5:02pm On Dec 16, 2011
Nigerians at home may never even think about suicide (although im not sure this is 100% accurate) but abroad it's very common. Considering the western lifestyle etc. it's almost inevitable for some. Im not saying it ok, cause its not regardless of the circumstance. I just want to let anyone reading this know that your situation is not the worst. People have gone thru what you are going thru and even worse, just cause u've never met them doesn't mean you are worse off. There is always a tomorrow. I pray your tomorrow will be greater and better than today. Strive to make your day better and if you have God ask him to help you. So that you may experience that unfathomable Joy that he gives. If you are indeed gone, them RIP Tosin
Re: 25 Year Old Missing Nigerian Found Dead In Usa by Ndkings1(m): 5:06pm On Dec 16, 2011
Does that mean she comit suicide or what? I don't understand.
Re: 25 Year Old Missing Nigerian Found Dead In Usa by ndukwejoe(m): 5:09pm On Dec 16, 2011
Maybe boyfriend mata. What a pity
Re: 25 Year Old Missing Nigerian Found Dead In Usa by GooseBaba: 5:12pm On Dec 16, 2011
Did she get an A- on one of her paper? Abi na one SOB do am long thing?
Re: 25 Year Old Missing Nigerian Found Dead In Usa by Princek12(m): 5:13pm On Dec 16, 2011
It sounds like a boyfriend issue. Naija girls act like they are about to commit suicide over boyfriend issues.
Re: 25 Year Old Missing Nigerian Found Dead In Usa by WilyWily4: 5:16pm On Dec 16, 2011
otokx:

Too bad; suicide is never an option.
Why kill herself, well! this is what she learnt from Awolowo.
Re: 25 Year Old Missing Nigerian Found Dead In Usa by Kobojunkie: 5:18pm On Dec 16, 2011
soreola:

Nigerians at home may never even think about suicide (although im not sure this is 100% accurate) but abroad it's very common. Considering the western lifestyle etc. it's almost inevitable for some. Im not saying it ok, cause its not regardless of the circumstance. I just want to let anyone reading this know that your situation is not the worst. People have gone thru what you are going thru and even worse, just cause u've never met them doesn't mean you are worse off. There is always a tomorrow. I pray your tomorrow will be greater and better than today. Strive to make your day better and if you have God ask him to help you. So that you may experience that unfathomable Joy that he gives. If you are indeed gone, them RIP Tosin

I am sorry but your type up above is bologna and insensitive. Nigerians in Nigeria commit suicide on a regular basis. Again, that we typically IGNORE the signs of suicides because we are stuck believing no one does it DOES NOT does not affirm claims and ideas that Nigerians do not commit suicide.

I personally know of 2 people who did committed suicides( unrelated and far apart). It did not dawn on me that there words were serious until it happened in both cases. The one I met about two weeks before she took her life. Her mother, the rope of her life, had died not long before, and she fell into a deep depression. Our peers had said things like "She was being ignorant", "She was just a stuck up brat", as ways to explain her condition. When I met her, I saw the deep sorrow in her eyes even as she tried her hardest to hide behind the usual "All is well" nonsense. She turned up dead later on -- went to sleep and didn't wake up. Some claimed her mother's spirit took her away. We all know that is just more ridiculous ignorant talk we use to explain that which we are unwilling to wrap our minds around.

In both cases, the signs were numerous but those around brushed them off as silly, ungrateful talk from beings who "DID NOT KNOW WHAT THEY HAD".

Please stop living in ignorance . . . . years ago, some of you claimed Nigerians never practised Homosexuality. Today NASS is still fighting them off. Some claimed Nigerians could not be suicide bombers, but today we know that is rubbish talk as the country is slowly being held hostage by the,. These people didn't pop out of the moon only recently. . .  they have always lived in Nigeria, only hidden from you. Same goes for the depressed, the schitzos etc. I mean only some weeks ago, a report suggested that about two million people living in Lagos are psychologically challenged(I suspect the number is more). Imagine how many of those are actually in need of attention right now and are not getting it. They live in that Nigeria, and have also learnt that they have to FAKE IT TILL THEY MAKE IT like the majority do daily(rather than getting the medical attention/psychological treatment they need).
Re: 25 Year Old Missing Nigerian Found Dead In Usa by Kobojunkie: 5:19pm On Dec 16, 2011
Princek12:

It sounds like a boyfriend issue. Naija girls act like they are about to commit suicide over boyfriend issues.

um . . . . what about this sounds like a Boyfriend issue?
Re: 25 Year Old Missing Nigerian Found Dead In Usa by maclatunji: 5:24pm On Dec 16, 2011
I have created this thread in hope that people who hate their lives enough to want to kill themselves would at least talk to us about it. We are not judging you, we just want to know your story, we will never know it if you kill yourself- as you know, dead people don't talk.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-826801.0.html
Re: 25 Year Old Missing Nigerian Found Dead In Usa by slap1(m): 5:26pm On Dec 16, 2011
Hmm. Beautiful creature! What a waste! What were you thinking? That mammywater would reject you out of discrimination? Hmm. RIP!
Re: 25 Year Old Missing Nigerian Found Dead In Usa by kelvinnn(m): 5:36pm On Dec 16, 2011
some people too Mumu wetin concern boko haram for this issue now? but suicide is not an option at all. what so ever she might be going through!
Re: 25 Year Old Missing Nigerian Found Dead In Usa by Kobojunkie: 5:39pm On Dec 16, 2011
Well, she showed you that it is an option. Care to take a stab at that again?
Re: 25 Year Old Missing Nigerian Found Dead In Usa by dexterousg: 5:54pm On Dec 16, 2011
Shocking.
Re: 25 Year Old Missing Nigerian Found Dead In Usa by na2day(m): 6:03pm On Dec 16, 2011
What a waste! cry
Re: 25 Year Old Missing Nigerian Found Dead In Usa by Obiagu1(m): 6:05pm On Dec 16, 2011

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

"Suspension Not Enough", APC Asks Ikpeazu To Sack Chief Of Staff / More Pictures From APC Presidential Rally In Kogi State / Buhari Opens The National Economic Council Retreat Today (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.