Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,996 members, 7,806,889 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:25 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (863914 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:19pm On Jan 18, 2012
werlay:

@justwise, What I was made to understand is that the accomodation cost is been added to the living expense. The accomodation cost is 119 per week. So doing the math for an 8months course wuld cost aproximately 3810. Then it wuld be deducted from the 5400 wch is like 1600 wch shud be my maitanance money, Except otherwise that's wat I have for my maintance money,

Need more advice
Thanks

Your calculate is right though its not 8months, its 9months, get the receipt of the accommodation payment and attach it to your visa application package.

£119 a week is pretty expensive. . . though school accommodations are always expensive, renting privately would have saved you quite alot, . . £70 to £80 a week including all the bills.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by werlay(m): 12:57pm On Jan 18, 2012
That's exactly wat I wanna knw do I still av to leave any money in the acct for 28days after paying the whole fees?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 1:06pm On Jan 18, 2012
werlay:

That's exactly wat I wanna knw do I still av to leave any money in the acct for 28days after paying the whole fees?

Yes you have to.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dayotobi: 12:17am On Jan 21, 2012
please i need advise from everyone in the house i just submitted my Tier 4 student visa application today with a printed copy of toefl and i'm scared if it might have any effect on my application every other things i submitted were original.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:13am On Jan 21, 2012
dayotobi:

please i need advise from everyone in the house i just submitted my Tier 4 student visa application today with a [b]printed copy of toefl and i'm scared if it might have any effect on my application [/b]every other things i submitted were original.

You got nothing to worry about as long as that print-out got all the verifiable details.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by werlay(m): 10:23am On Jan 21, 2012
@justwise do you have a  pin or ur yahoo ID. Wanna ask u some questions
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dayotobi: 10:40am On Jan 21, 2012
@justwise , thanks alot for your help and yes i indicate the user name and password on the printed copy and also include it inside the application form in the place provided for additional information i wish to share.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:30am On Jan 21, 2012
dayotobi:

@justwise , thanks alot for your help and yes i indicate the user name and password on the printed copy and also include it inside the application form in the place provided for additional information i wish to share.

You did the right thing, they can verify it if needed.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jan 25, 2012
You have nothing to worry about, Concerning submitting a printed out copy of your TOEFL Result.
I submitted A Printed out of both TOEFL and WAEC Result.
Got my visa.
You are good to go as long as you meet all the requirements.
Thanks to all for them advices and God Bless Yall.
Special Thanks to Justwise for all his contribution on this site.
GOD BLESS AND ONE LOVE.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:24pm On Jan 25, 2012
wizzywaz:

You have nothing to worry about, Concerning submitting a printed out copy of your TOEFL Result.
I submitted A Printed out of both TOEFL and WAEC Result.
Got my visa.
You are good to go as long as you meet all the requirements.
Thanks to all for them advices and God Bless Yall.
Special Thanks to Justwise for all his contribution on this site.
GOD BLESS AND ONE LOVE.

I'm really happy for you, congrat!!, enjoy your studies.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by carfreak: 1:37am On Jan 28, 2012
JUSTWISE, Wao, this is really commendable, U r still on this consultation. Really remarkable.

Would love to assist u bt men, its crazy studying an MBA in Wales. I actually thought i'd have an easy ride with just 5 courses in the first semester but after submitting five (5000 word fully referenced) assignments, I feel like crap. Worth it though when u hear things like BOKO HARAM and their menace, and also ASUU on strike forever, God, the only thing i miss is our food. Kai, na God go help us sha.

Working on bringing my family come April, when i would have attained established presence. Keep the good work though, Will join u after the second semester ends in June, At least then u'll have several others for the sept admission session. Any feedback from our old crew, Tee Amo, elff 777, Suzzy, something,etc, in fact all the crew that made this forum so interesting from June 2011 to Sept 2011.

People, u r in good hands,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:37am On Jan 28, 2012
carfreak:

JUSTWISE, Wao, this is really commendable, U r still on this consultation. Really remarkable.

Would love to assist u bt men, its crazy studying an MBA in Wales. I actually thought i'd have an easy ride with just 5 courses in the first semester but after submitting five (5000 word fully referenced) assignments, I feel like crap. Worth it though when u hear things like BOKO HARAM and their menace, and also ASUU on strike forever, God, the only thing i miss is our food. Kai, na God go help us sha.

Working on bringing my family come April, when i would have attained established presence. Keep the good work though, Will join u after the second semester ends in June, At least then u'll have several others for the sept admission session. Any feedback from our old crew, Tee Amo, elff 777, Suzzy, something,etc, in fact all the crew that made this forum so interesting from June 2011 to Sept 2011.

People, u r in good hands,

Wow!! you remembered you NL password today? grin grin grin yea studying here is not beans, hope you are enjoying your time there.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by carfreak: 4:13pm On Jan 29, 2012
emm, small small sha,

The place be as e get. Too much temptation, make my wife do quick come.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Skii(m): 9:40pm On Jan 29, 2012
Oga Justwise, just passing through, I say make I throw-way salute wink

Like play like play 6months don reach since we dey scramble on how to receive visa cool

Looking ahead, any tips, sir, on post study visa? grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by amykelly: 10:53am On Jan 30, 2012
Hi All, Pls I need some information urgently.
My In-law applied for a student visa but was refused on the grounds that her office admin didn't state a break down of the maintenance fee given to her in the letter they provided. Her school is supposed to resume on the 30th of Jan, which is today but she has been allowed to resume anytime before the 13th of January. Her office drafted another letter to the embassy showing the breakdown of the maintenance fee and she reapplied immediately with the same CAS issued by the university. I just heard from a friend that she isn't supposed to apply with the same CAS. She got the CAS in December and reapplied with it because she thought that since it is valid for six months then it shouldn't be a problem. Pls how true is this??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 6:10pm On Jan 30, 2012
amykelly:

Hi All, Pls I need some information urgently.
My In-law applied for a student visa but was refused on the grounds that her office admin didn't state a break down of the maintenance fee given to her in the letter they provided. Her school is supposed to resume on the 30th of Jan, which is today but she has been allowed to resume anytime before the 13th of January. Her office drafted another letter to the embassy showing the breakdown of the maintenance fee and she reapplied immediately with the same CAS issued by the university. I just heard from a friend that she isn't supposed to apply with the same CAS. She got the CAS in December and reapplied with it because she thought that since it is valid for six months then it shouldn't be a problem. Pls how true is this??

Yes its availed for 6months, so she will be ok.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 6:27am On Jan 31, 2012
Skii:

Oga Justwise, just passing through, I say make I throw-way salute wink

Like play like play 6months don reach since we dey scramble on how to receive visa cool

Looking ahead, any tips, sir, on[b] post study visa?[/b] grin

Unfortunately that program has been cancelled, the last set that will benefit from it are people graduating before this April. You can only try Tier 2 which is alot more difficult to get.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 5:43pm On Feb 01, 2012
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 6:21pm On Feb 01, 2012
calebo101:

Hello everyone, i want to apply for a professional course ABE at south thames college london. The fee is 4000 pounds for a year, i would make deposit of 3000 pounds. i currently have 2 million naira and in my account and i'm counting the 28 days. I really need to be guided so i do not make any mistakes. I am a first time applicant and would really appreciate advice from you guys on how to go about it. would the 2 million naira in my account suffice as maintenance funds for london? pls advice

London maintenance money is £7200, convert that to naira.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 9:57pm On Feb 01, 2012
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:39pm On Feb 01, 2012
calebo101:

Thanks justwise, using the oanda currency converter, as at today 7200 pounds is equivalent to 1,816,420. I have 2 million naira in my account. The fee is 4000 pounds and i want to deposit 3000 pounds. Would all go well.? pls advise me candidly. I appreciate

£7200 + £1000 is what you need in your account.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 5:23am On Feb 02, 2012
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:53am On Feb 02, 2012
calebo101:

oophs, so i have to start counting again. Doing the maths what if i deposit 3400 pounds which is about 863000 Naira? Would that suffice justwise?

Don't make things difficult for yourself, deposit exactly the amount the ECO expected from you which is: £7200 + £1000= £8200, anything less than that u will be refused a visa.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 8:22am On Feb 02, 2012
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:03am On Feb 02, 2012
calebo101:

Now i am getting confused, Please what is the £1000 extra for? I thought it was just supposed to be £7200 for maintenance funds, so the £1000 would be for what? Pls advise further. i appreciate

You said your school £4000 and you want to deposit £3000, that leaves you with £1000 to show in ur account plus £7200 maintenance money bringing it to £8200.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 9:29am On Feb 02, 2012
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by worry246(m): 9:58am On Feb 02, 2012
You should be able to show where the cash you deposit comes from.
A big imput may look like you have just borrowed the money to boost your account.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:59am On Feb 02, 2012
worry246:

You should be able to show where the cash you deposit comes from.
A big imput may look like you have just borrowed the money to boost your account.

No need for that for student visa
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by werlay(m): 8:28pm On Feb 09, 2012
@justwise,

From experiences, how long would it take for visa to be approved, considering the fact that I have paid all fees including accomodation and living expenses?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:35pm On Feb 09, 2012
werlay:

@justwise,

From experiences, how long would it take for visa to be approved, considering the fact that I have paid all fees including accomodation and living expenses?

It normally take between 3-15 working days, during busy time it takes upto a month.

Who did you pay your living expenses to?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by EmmaIK: 6:01am On Feb 11, 2012
Good day all.
@ Justwise, pls I need assistance. I have aan unconditional offer from a Highly Trusted Sponsor. Do I need to write an english language test like IELTS?
Also how do I proceed coz I already have the funds for my fees.
Also pls advice me on how I should go about securing accommodation becoz d university halls are quite expensive. If I get one through Gumtree or UNITE is it accepptable to the BHC wen I apply for my visa?
Thanks and God bless.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.