Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,747 members, 7,802,288 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:00 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (478) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (863616 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kuka700: 6:46am On Aug 01, 2015
house please kindly share your experience on how early you were able to book an appointment during your online application. what is the average shortest number of days ahead that one can book for an appointment during application? can one apply today for instance and get to book in the next one or two days? someone here said that there can be upto an interval of two weeks between application and the earliest day you can book for appointment. pls house help confirm this and share your experience especially with those applying at Abuja. my program starts 21st September and am yet to apply for the visa. I intend to apply next week or upper week when I get my cas. pls kindly advise. many thanks!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by baine10: 8:59am On Aug 01, 2015
Hello house,anyone going to the University of Leeds?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Petitediva14(f): 9:10am On Aug 01, 2015
kuka700:
[b][/b]

do you know what is obtainable in Abuja?

Not sure. I only know that abuja is faster in issuing visa.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Kyre: 9:22am On Aug 01, 2015
Meeeeee
baine10:
Hello house,anyone going to the University of Leeds?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Kriptic: 10:05am On Aug 01, 2015
Petitediva14:

I seriously doubt you can get the next day as your appointment date. One of the reasons i paid 20k was because i could get an appointment date within 2 days. I paid and booked on 29th for 31st. But i heard with the free vac in v.i it could take about 2 weeks. I don't live and work in lagos so i don't have the luxury of waiting 2 weeks and i also had to apply on time so that if by God's grace i am successful i can request for study leave from my place of work within the stipulated 1 month's notice.

As for the 10-15 working days ish, i am seriously praying against it being that long. But that is what everyone was told.

Hope i was able to help.
Hmm! I applied in VI. I submitted and paid for my application on 01/07 and booked my appointment for 03/07. Infact, see below for my timeline of events.

Kriptic:
3rd July: Submitted my application at Churchgate, VI.
7th July: Application received in Sheffield, UK.
21st July: Decision made on application.
27th July: Visa picked up at Churchgate, VI.

I received a decision email on the 21st but my decision letter was dated 16th, meaning the decision was made even earlier. The process was fast IMO considering the fact that I applied through VI. I honestly wasn't expecting it that fast.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Petitediva14(f): 3:36pm On Aug 01, 2015
Kriptic:

Hmm! I applied in VI. I submitted and paid for my application on 01/07 and booked my appointment for 03/07. Infact, see below for my timeline of events.

I received a decision email on the 21st but my decision letter was dated 16th, meaning the decision was made even earlier. The process was fast IMO considering the fact that I applied through VI. I honestly wasn't expecting it that fast.

Okay, that is cool and fast too considering all I had heard. But do you think it was that fast because you applied during the so called 'off peak' periods?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spawne: 6:27pm On Aug 01, 2015
Guys, I trust you have all been doing great.

I am on the verge of applying for a visa which means I need to present my bank statement. However, people have been saying the embassy will bounce any application when they review the bank statement and realize that there was a sudden influx of cash within the period (28 days) of application; I need counsel on what to do. I was also thinking of getting a letter of introduction from my company stating how much I earn annually with the hope that it may help create the impression that the cash is mine or at least some of it

P.S I was awarded a scholarship which would leave me with just GBP1500 after paying tuition fees.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 7:08pm On Aug 01, 2015
spawne:
Guys, I trust you have all been doing great.

I am on the verge of applying for a visa which means I need to present my bank statement. However, people have been saying the embassy will bounce any application when they review the bank statement and realize that there was a sudden influx of cash within the period (28 days) of application; I need counsel on what to do. I was also thinking of getting a letter of introduction from my company stating how much I earn annually with the hope that it may help create the impression that the cash is mine or at least some of it

P.S I was awarded a scholarship which would leave me with just GBP1500 after paying tuition fees.

In tier 4 visa, it doesn't matter where the money comes from
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Ubyy: 8:41pm On Aug 01, 2015
Same here too smiley
Kyre:
Meeeeee
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Kyre: 6:52am On Aug 02, 2015
Undergrad/postgrad?? Course?? Gotn ur visa?
Ubyy:
Same here too smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by thababe: 7:49am On Aug 02, 2015
[quote author=kuka700 post=36483343][b][/b]

do you know what is obtainable in Abuja?
[/quote

You can get in like two or three days in Abuja. I submitted my online form early hours of monday morning and wednesday was available for appointment
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Kriptic: 10:35pm On Aug 02, 2015
Petitediva14:

Okay, that is cool and fast too considering all I had heard. But do you think it was that fast because you applied during the so called 'off peak' periods?
Perhaps that could be the reason. I wasn't even aware that July was an off peak period.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by MRSPEAKER1(m): 7:31am On Aug 03, 2015
please for those who have acquired the UK tier 4 visa before now, what document did u take to the UK embassy alongside ur CAS? please can we have a list of the documents? thanks and God Bless
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 7:38am On Aug 03, 2015
MRSPEAKER1:
please for those who have acquired the UK tier 4 visa before now, what document did u take to the UK embassy alongside ur CAS? please can we have a list of the documents? thanks and God Bless

SpikesC has answered this question over and over again.he said carry the documents listed on the CAS.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by hallengray(m): 1:09pm On Aug 03, 2015
bititilola:
HallengrAy, congrats.. When did you submit your document? Aspa when was your appointment date? And when did tls centre send you a mail to come pick your passport?
Submitted on the 3rd of july and i picked it up on the 24th of july.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by larrymoore111: 2:35pm On Aug 03, 2015
please house....anybody going to Anglia Ruskin university....pls holla i need some info...thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bidosko(m): 4:31pm On Aug 03, 2015
Hello guys, pls do I still need to submit a sponsorship letter even thought fees are in my personal account
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by teegirl2810: 4:37pm On Aug 03, 2015
A very big thank you to everyone on this forum, your experiences taught me lessons and a bigger thank you justwise and co...God bless.
I picked up our visa (baby and I) today at ikeja

Duration
Application submitted 6 July
Appointment 9 July (no interview)
Received by UKVI 16 July
Adviced to withdraw because I didn't pay the healthsurcharge 22 July
Mail to UKVI explaining why I didn't pay 24 July
Apology from UKVI and forwarded for decision 24 July
notification of Decision made 30 July
ready for collection 31 July
Collected. 3 August

from my experience, if you are notified of any problem during your visa processing, first thing is to reply the mail explaining yourself.

N the count down is on....
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by olatejucole: 5:08pm On Aug 03, 2015
teegirl2810:
A very big thank you to everyone on this forum, your experiences taught me lessons and a bigger thank you justwise and co...God bless.

Duration
Received by UKVI 16 July
Collected. 3 August

from my experience, if you are notified of any problem during your visa processing, first thing is to reply the mail explaining yourself.

Congrats

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 7:18pm On Aug 03, 2015
bidosko:
Hello guys, pls do I still need to submit a sponsorship letter even thought fees are in my personal account

Nope
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by baine10: 8:03pm On Aug 03, 2015
Kyre:
Meeeeee
dts nice,are you M or F and are you a PG or UG student?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Ubyy: 8:53pm On Aug 03, 2015
Female and Postgraduate. You?

baine10:
dts nice,are you M or F and are you a PG or UG student?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by naijaeclectic: 9:23pm On Aug 03, 2015
Hello house...

Please, I would like to know if I can make the booking/application before the 28days expires. Is there some express service payment that can get me early dates at any of the centers if I don't apply on time?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lokia(m): 9:45pm On Aug 03, 2015
R
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bititilola: 10:47pm On Aug 03, 2015
good day,
i just want to know. i submitted my documents on the 16th of july and i havent gotten any response, is it to early to contact UKVI to ask for the progress level of my application?
thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Kyre: 11:13pm On Aug 03, 2015
Female, postgrad too
Ubyy:
Female and Postgraduate. You?

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Petitediva14(f): 12:51am On Aug 04, 2015
bititilola:
good day,
i just want to know. i submitted my documents on the 16th of july and i havent gotten any response, is it to early to contact UKVI to ask for the progress level of my application?
thank you
Where did you submit?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Ubyy: 1:24am On Aug 04, 2015
smiley What program and have you made accomodtion plans
Kyre:
Female, postgrad too
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bititilola: 8:37am On Aug 04, 2015
Petitediva14:

Where did you submit?

I submitted it in Abuja
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by thababe: 9:31am On Aug 04, 2015
Bitilola maybe you should email them? That sounds long for Abuja.

Please who has the email address for UKVI.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:02am On Aug 04, 2015
teegirl2810:

Duration
Received by UKVI 16 July
Collected. 3 August

Congratulation!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.