Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:38 AM

Why Are There No Southern Governors Forum? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are There No Southern Governors Forum? (5000 Views)

Southern Governors Wives Storm Owerri / Southern Governors' Forum Should Be Established / PDP Governors Forum Interactive Session, Lagos, Live On NTA /AIT And Channels. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are There No Southern Governors Forum? by KnowAll(m): 8:02pm On Dec 17, 2011
Just wondering why there are NO SGF just like the Northern one. Is it because the Southern States have gotten it right and they don't really have to deliberate on any issue or because of the inherent discord B/W the SW and SE. JUST Wondering. undecided although not fully blown in the open but a definite simmering war of attrition fought on the internet and blogsphere cannot be denied, this has probably made any attempt or the thought by the relevant stakeholders of having a forum similar to that of the North a none starter . lipsrsealed
Re: Why Are There No Southern Governors Forum? by aljharem3: 8:57pm On Dec 17, 2011
becos there is no southern nigeria undecided
Re: Why Are There No Southern Governors Forum? by aloyemeka1: 8:59pm On Dec 17, 2011
They have one but it became redundant after Asiwaju arrested the SW. I still remember Nnamani hosting their conference once and Fashola I think hosted them once. Peter Odili used to be the chairman.
Re: Why Are There No Southern Governors Forum? by aljharem3: 9:05pm On Dec 17, 2011
aloy/emeka:

They have one but it became redundant after Asiwaju arrested the SW. I still remember Nnamani hosting their conference once and Fashola I think hosted them once. Peter Odili used to be the chairman.

and what do they discuss about ?

what political achievement do they have ?
Re: Why Are There No Southern Governors Forum? by Ufeolorun(m): 9:12pm On Dec 17, 2011
Who needs another talk shop.What are the achievements of Northern governors forum
Re: Why Are There No Southern Governors Forum? by Onlytruth(m): 9:46pm On Dec 17, 2011
Ufeolorun:

Who needs another talk shop.What are the achievements of Northern governors forum

Thank you very much. cool
Re: Why Are There No Southern Governors Forum? by efisher(m): 6:23am On Dec 18, 2011
There is no southern homogeneity. Such things can only be formed when there is a common interest.
Re: Why Are There No Southern Governors Forum? by Lasinoh: 6:38am On Dec 18, 2011
Because they cannot be trusted!
Like the Northerners.
Can you believe they are mostly Christians too? cheesy
Judas Iscariot was from Southern Nigeria.
Re: Why Are There No Southern Governors Forum? by Onlytruth(m): 6:58am On Dec 18, 2011
Lasinoh:

Like the Northerners.

I quite agree. cool
Re: Why Are There No Southern Governors Forum? by dayokanu(m): 7:00am On Dec 18, 2011
Northern Nigeria have a common language

Southern Nigeria has nothing in common
Re: Why Are There No Southern Governors Forum? by TRUTHTELA: 8:21am On Dec 18, 2011
@ OP, The main GOVERNORS FORUM, which is are more powerful forum that supercedes any other Gov's forum. However, there are no Southern Gov's forum cos, there is SE Gov's forum, SS, Gov's forum & there's SW Gov's forum, that's to say every region advanced its on course. I'm yet to see any meaningful thing that all these GOVERNOR's forum  have achieved other than to challenge the Presidency on MINIMUM WAGE, SHARING OF THEIR MONTHLY ALLOCATION & GANGING UP SUPPORT SUSBISDY. It's all waste of scares resources.
Re: Why Are There No Southern Governors Forum? by martinseme: 8:23am On Dec 18, 2011
there wont be any association btw the east and the west because of the callousness and betrayal of the west on biafra.
Re: Why Are There No Southern Governors Forum? by olawalebabs(m): 8:31am On Dec 18, 2011
There has never been any thing like southern Nigeria,so there is no forum for them to come together, more over ego problem of the southern governors.
Re: Why Are There No Southern Governors Forum? by Nobody: 8:42am On Dec 18, 2011
Lasinoh:

Like the Northerners.

@ Bold, LWKMD, Yoruba people don suffer 4 una hand grin
Re: Why Are There No Southern Governors Forum? by aljharem3: 8:47am On Dec 18, 2011
Onlytruth:

I quite agree. cool
odiaero:

that is why I always tell you Nairaland Igbos to stop being tribalistic but una no go listen. Like goats, someone has to keep putting you people in check to make such you don't go haywire like now

see how stu.pid you people sound now.

Now reread her statement

link=topic=827419.msg9788537#msg9788537 date=1324186723:

Like the Northerners.
Can you believe they are[size=20pt] mostly[/size] Christians too? cheesy

I bet yorubas are not majority Christians.
Re: Why Are There No Southern Governors Forum? by Nobody: 8:53am On Dec 18, 2011
^^ Stop Seeking attention like silly 190
Re: Why Are There No Southern Governors Forum? by emmke(m): 8:56am On Dec 18, 2011
i have a feeling that some posters here are trying to imply that yorubas betrayed igbos. How exactly did that happen?
Re: Why Are There No Southern Governors Forum? by aljharem3: 8:57am On Dec 18, 2011
odiaero:

^^ Stop Seeking attention like silly 190

seek attention ?

You were so tribalistic in ur way of life that you could not read straight and interpret what was posted. All you were think of is yoruba as a people.

Last time I checked the first betrayal started with Nnamdi aka Zik, followed by Nzegowu aka the coup plotter. then you go to Oga Ojukwu, the so called liberator that massacred his fellow southern people.

Now before you post, you would think again if you want to go through the tribalistic path.

Imagine.
Re: Why Are There No Southern Governors Forum? by aljharem3: 9:00am On Dec 18, 2011
emmke:

i have a feeling that some posters here are trying to imply that yorubas betrayed igbos. How exactly did that happen?

Are you minding the mumus

that is their average mindset without thinking at all. The events there past leaders did would make you think that only an iddeeieot would trust Igbos.

They (Igbos) are the only Nigerians that think the west are betrayal where as every other part of the country see them( igbos) as the traitor. You see the delusion here.

We can even go to likes of Saro wiwa (God bless his soul).
Re: Why Are There No Southern Governors Forum? by cardoso111(m): 9:13am On Dec 18, 2011
Southern governors are not united by anything whatsover-not even religion
Re: Why Are There No Southern Governors Forum? by KDULAR: 9:15am On Dec 18, 2011
"Those who are weak will always stick, those who are quiet will always cause riot". snoop doggy dog/ Dog pound ( Can't remember the track title) one of the rules of gangsters. There's SGF because up north they believe they are weak and for real, Those guys are Gangsters  ; wink grin shocked peeps,
Re: Why Are There No Southern Governors Forum? by Nobody: 9:21am On Dec 18, 2011
alj_harem:

seek attention ?

You were so tribalistic in your way of life that you could not read straight and interpret what was posted. All you were think of is yoruba as a people.

Last time I checked the first betrayal started with Nnamdi aka Zik, followed by Nzegowu aka the coup plotter. then you go to Oga Ojukwu, the so called liberator that massacred his fellow southern people.

Now before you post, you would think again if you want to go through the tribalistic path.

Imagine.

Why should i  honour a Cow with a reply when i can easily feed it a grass to shut up
Re: Why Are There No Southern Governors Forum? by member479760: 10:25am On Dec 18, 2011
God never unit the southern Nigeria, in all angles they are not one only the devil attempts to unit them but failed. which language they will use to communicate in their forum? Igbo, Ijaw, Calabar?
Re: Why Are There No Southern Governors Forum? by marcus1234: 10:38am On Dec 18, 2011
Re: Why Are There No Southern Governors Forum? by Nobody: 10:46am On Dec 18, 2011
that bigot aljharem and his ways are known by everyone except himself.its time aljharem seeks self help by admitting himself at psychiatric ward luth.
Re: Why Are There No Southern Governors Forum? by executinal(m): 11:08am On Dec 18, 2011
odiaero:

Why should i  honour a Cow with a reply when i can easily feed it a grass to shut up
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Are There No Southern Governors Forum? by emmatok(m): 11:20am On Dec 18, 2011
odiaero:

You don start again.

You don draw the first blood.

Don't start complaining later.
Re: Why Are There No Southern Governors Forum? by drnoel: 11:23am On Dec 18, 2011
I am surprised that haram guy posted what he did and no one attacked him . The north is not free from blame, infact no region is free 4rm blame. What is important is that Nigeria is moved forward,, positively
Re: Why Are There No Southern Governors Forum? by aljharem3: 1:05pm On Dec 18, 2011
drnoel:

I am surprised that haram guy posted what he did and no one attacked him . The north is not free from blame, infact no region is free 4rm blame. What is important is that Nigeria is moved forward,, positively

if that is the case, then we should think collectively and not stu.pidilily right ?

then maybe you need to talk of odero and co

emmatok:

You don start again.

You don draw the first blood.

Don't start complaining later.

are you minding them, They like to take people's quietness for stu.pidity even though we know the truth
Re: Why Are There No Southern Governors Forum? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Dec 18, 2011
drnoel:

A grass eating section has to be created on nairaland for the likes of that aljharem,namfav,nduchucks and other boko haram followers/sympathisers.
Re: Why Are There No Southern Governors Forum? by nsiadi: 2:17pm On Dec 18, 2011
Harmattan and rainy season have nothing in common
Also its difficult for cats nd mice to attend same meeting
No insults meant but its the real situation since Awolowos back stab
Re: Why Are There No Southern Governors Forum? by sweetgala(m): 2:25pm On Dec 18, 2011
Nigeria has no need for another stupid committee of thiefs, these stupid governors use these forums as an excuse to pamper themselves with the nations wealth at extravagant conferences, partying and checking what the indigenous female university students of whatever city they congregate have to offer, fugly old men!!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Live On Nta - President Jonathans PVC Cannot Be Accredited! / Breaking: Ex-us Congressman Renews Call For Biafra Referendum / Fayemi Presents N129.9bn Budget For 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.