Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,979 members, 7,806,857 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:36 AM

What Can I Feed My Vegeterian Man? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Can I Feed My Vegeterian Man? (1042 Views)

What Do You Feed Your Kids & Where Do You Take Them During Summer Holidays? / NEW Amazing DELICIOUS CAKES Pictures (feed Your Eyes!) / Need Help,how Many Measure Of Rice Can Feed 100 People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Can I Feed My Vegeterian Man? by havanah: 3:13pm On Oct 01, 2007
hey every one, i'm engaged to this nigerian vegetrian guy and i'm not nigerian, so i really have trouble with what i should cook for him, does anyone have recipies that could help me??
Re: What Can I Feed My Vegeterian Man? by omena555(f): 11:44am On Oct 12, 2007
GRASS

just joking grin
Re: What Can I Feed My Vegeterian Man? by Busta(f): 5:08pm On Oct 12, 2007
try making some vergetarian stew with rice or spagetti.
for the vegetarian stew, you gotta blend some tomatoes and peppers, and fry with onions, add a bit of water and leave to cook.
when it is almost done, chop and add some cauliflower, brocolli, carrots, vegetables and the #1 ingredient, MUSHROOMS and TOFU. Mix them all together and allow to simmer.

serve on white rice or boiled spagetti.
Re: What Can I Feed My Vegeterian Man? by havanah: 8:04pm On Oct 12, 2007
omena555:

GRASS

just joking grin

u think so?u eat that?u like it? shocked shocked
Busta:

try making some vergetarian stew with rice or spagetti.
for the vegetarian stew, you gotta blend some tomatoes and peppers, and fry with onions, add a bit of water and leave to cook.
when it is almost done, chop and add some cauliflower, brocolli, carrots, vegetables and the #1 ingredient, MUSHROOMS and TOFU. Mix them all together and allow to simmer.

serve on white rice or boiled spagetti.
thanx that sounds yummmmyyyyyyyyy kiss kiss
Re: What Can I Feed My Vegeterian Man? by Busta(f): 9:08pm On Oct 12, 2007
anytime ;d
Re: What Can I Feed My Vegeterian Man? by havanah: 9:30pm On Oct 12, 2007
Ok here is a recipe of a vegetarian dish that we do back home I thought I’d share with u all

Boil some potatoes in some salted water then peel them and mash them leaving some chunks out…boil any kind of vegetables u like carrots peas… any thing u prefer!!! then take them out of the water and add them to the mashed potatoes u can dice some green pepper and some chili and add those too (don’t forget the salt!!)

In another pan dice onions and fry them till golden brown then take them out leaving the oil behind add the onions to the mixture above, in that oil make some white sauce( u put some yogurt water a little bit of flour and of coarse salt and stir on low heat till it’s a bit thick) take half of the sauce and add it to the upper mentioned mixture and then pour it in to an oven pan then pour the rest of the sauce on top and put into the hot oven till its surface turns golden brown

Take it out and let it cool down then u can cut it and enjoy eating it
If u don’t like vegetarian food u can add what ever cooked meat or even hot dogs , and if u want a full diet without the meat just crack and egg to the mixture before u put in the oven pan and mix it together and u get the missing proteins wink
Re: What Can I Feed My Vegeterian Man? by omena555(f): 3:07pm On Oct 15, 2007
@poster, tot u said u didnt know what to cook for ur vegetarian husband!
Re: What Can I Feed My Vegeterian Man? by havanah: 3:12pm On Oct 15, 2007
i do cook but not nigerian food i was hoping to get some help on the nigerian dishes,i tried to check some out in other sites but some of the ingrediants names were kind of hard for me to understand since they r in nigerian tongue
Re: What Can I Feed My Vegeterian Man? by simibrazil(f): 2:52pm On Oct 17, 2007
I have a surprise for you, your problems just finished:

http://www.ivu.org/recipes/african/

74 Vegan African Recipes
Contributed by Vegetarians and Vegans from around the world
Re: What Can I Feed My Vegeterian Man? by havanah: 2:58pm On Oct 17, 2007
thanks girl kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

the site look promising and i do like to try food from different countries ,i think it would be fun to try some of them

ur the best grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Where In Ikotun, Lagos Can I Buy Brown Ciger? / Price Of Garri In Your Area / I Need This Very Urgently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.