Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,476 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:07 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London (87519 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 8:00pm On Dec 31, 2011
nateevs:

Oh really? You think I will name Ramires and Meireles as players Chelsea should get.
Seriously? Abeg cancel those two names from your list.

And yes the other 6 players are top players I will admire in any other team.
However, last time I checked, you cannot win the league with 6 players.
Infact in this age, you need an able squad of 25 to stay in the top four.
We spent years splashing on the first team. You cannot expect your top players to be in super year-in year-out.
Therefore you need to have players who can step up and do a job.

That you won't include them doesn't make them bad players.

Ramires is the most improved Chelsea player this season.
It's only on NL you guys crucify him, he is praised in other Chelsea forums worldwide.

We have a game in 48 hrs and we cannot afford to make 4 subs.
If you think we can, name them players you will play.

When you don't make use of players they become rusty.
Kalou, Malouda, Josh, Lukaku, Bertrand are not bad players.

Offer them more play time and you will bring out the best in them.
Buying more players would not solve our problem. Our manager should learn to manage properly.

You cannot be sucked up in what you have to say that you forget what people's views on a topic are.
I have told you time and again that so far Torres has never been a failure. What's the point of your statement?
On the contrary you are blaming AVB for Torres woes claming another Manager will get the best out of him.
I point out your errors. You should accept it and take that statement back instead trying to deflect.

Smoke a cigar.
You were indirectly agreeing that Torres' wasn't doing well even with other managers.
You were probably making a point but that is what i deduced from your writing.

We all know he didn't do well under Roy, CA and isn't doing well in the national team.

I hope you know Torres played under Roy at Liverpool, Ancellotti and still plays under Del Bosque.
So it's AVB affecting Torres eh?

If you are not into stats, then why claim AVB already has more losses at home than CA?
Would that assertion not depend on stats?

Diva are you not the same person who in 2009 was calling for the end to the CA experiment?
How come 2 years later you are using the same CA as a yard-stick for another manager's performance?
These were the same pattern of results we were getting until ManU and Arsenal slumped and we picked up some form.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-362607.1184.html
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-362607.1152.html

A little history should give you a tap in the backside.
Read how you lot had no single belief in the CA team. Now you are are judging AVB with the same CA you failed to support.
WE are back to the same point again. . It's till the manager eh?

I hear you.

I own up, i was very wrong about CA that first season.
However, CA did well because others slumped not because he found a magic wand.

I haven't said AVB should be sacked.
I feel it's time to get a mentor for him. An experienced sporting director (or whatever name we chose to give him) who would work at the background.

How many are going to falter this season?
Spurs, Arsenal, City, Utd, Pool?

AW went through transition while still qualifying Arsenal for CL.
We are in danger of shifting to the Europa, something unthinkable in present era.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 8:24pm On Dec 31, 2011
Another dude will come in.
You'll get a honeymoon period with the new guy.
We'll finish just above Arsenal, lose in the CL, win the FA Cup and congratulate ourselves.
It was nice we sacked AVB timely. Then Roman will buy Caroll and Arshavin for £60m a piece.
Give Lamps, Drogba, Ferreira and Malouda 2 more years' contract
We are off to a bright start. We beat WestBrom 6-0, Arsenal 2-0 Drogba scores. We lead the PL with 6 pts after 6 games.

November comes first draw. Then another and another. Then a loss. Then pressure. The newspaper stories.
Suddenly we are 4th. Gosh we are going to finish outside the top 4.
Then Diva will come again "It's not the players. . it's the useless manager"

And we'll begin the cycle all over again.

LOL. . .just saw this and it's funny.

What is the guarantee that after finishing 5th or 6th for 3 seasons and playing in the Europa for 3 seasons, (we would have completed the transition then, right?) we will suddenly bounce back and become league winners?

Utd went through a transition, in fact they are always in transition yet they manage to do well.
Your manager wants transition yet 5 youngsters were loaned out at the summer. Yet a talent like Josh is never allowed to play.

Transition doesn't mean you should drag your team downwards.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by nateevs(m): 8:29pm On Dec 31, 2011
That you won't include them doesn't make them bad players.
Ramires is the most improved Chelsea player this season.
It's only on NL you guys crucify him, he is praised in other Chelsea forums worldwide.

It does not matter how improvement Ramires has seen.
It's how much 'impact' his improvement can contribute in winning games.
There were 3 times in the game where a either a one time control or a one time pass would either set a player up for a goal or freed himself for a shot on goal. No single shot of his went on goal. Is that the improvement?

When you don't make use of players they become rusty.
Kalou, Malouda, Josh, Lukaku, Bertrand are not bad players.

Offer them more play time and you will bring out the best in them.
Buying more players would not solve our problem. Our manager should learn to manage properly.

Sorry but there is a pre-requisite to earning playing time in a top club - you have to be good enough.
How do you expect the young players to play when every single time a Manager loses, you lot start to ask for his head?

A manager needs to stack points and put a clear distance between us and 2nd place before he can use a young player at Chelsea.
Is it co-incidence that this is the 7th Manager in Roman's era who will not play a young player even when all indices point to the contrary?

You cannot beat AVB with the same stick you lot have been wielding for years. You have to win, we have to qualify for top four, we have to win a trophy. . . . and then we have to play young players. If I was a Manager at Chelsea, phuck young players. If the big boys get me the result and I keep my reputation and job, what allegiance do I hold towards the youth development? I will not care.

Do we have a 30 goal striker in the team? United rest Rooney and Hernandez. Berbatov comes in with 5 goals in 3 games. See when Dzeko was scoring for fun. He sits on the bench now and Aguero and Balotteli just score.

Do we have a pure wingers that can stretch play like Nani? Young? Johnson? Players who terrify defenders like Bellamy, Suarez? Take out Sturridge and that's it. Take Mata out and zilch for creativity and you want to contend. Must Mata play every game?

If we are serious about contending, we have to change a lot and it needs to begin from tomorrow.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by MeGaStReEt: 8:31pm On Dec 31, 2011
AVB abi na AIT, that guy should start looking for another small club like Porto to manage. Chelsea FC is toooooooo big for him.

Clueless mananger
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by nateevs(m): 8:33pm On Dec 31, 2011
BlueDiva:

LOL. . .just saw this and it's funny.

What is the guarantee that after finishing 5th or 6th for 3 seasons and playing in the Europa for 3 seasons, (we would have completed the transition then, right?) we will suddenly bounce back and become league winners?

Utd went through a transition, in fact they are always in transition yet they manage to do well.
Your manager wants transition yet 5 youngsters were loaned out at the summer. Yet a talent like Josh is never allowed to play.

Transition doesn't mean you should drag your team downwards.

I am sorry but United don't leave transition until too late.
Like you said, "They are always in transition" . .

So if United are always in transition and you have not been in transitioned for 8 years, why in this world do you then expect United-like performances? Why would you expect United-like performances when you hire the 7th manager in 8 years? You think transition in itself exisit in isolation? It's a fusion of all things good.

You have to lay a foundation to expect United-like performances. You cannot buy it off a store-shelf, you've got to earn.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by inme: 8:37pm On Dec 31, 2011
Gary Cahills move to Chelsea has stalled as John Terry­ cannot agree terms with his wife
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 8:45pm On Dec 31, 2011
Do we have a 30 goal striker in the team? United rest Rooney and Hernandez. Berbatov comes in with 5 goals in 3 games. See when Dzeko was scoring for fun. He sits on the bench now and Aguero and Balotteli just score.

Do we have a pure wingers that can stretch play like Nani? Young? Johnson? Players who terrify defenders like Bellamy, Suarez? Take out Sturridge and that's it. Take Mata out and zilch for creativity and you want to contend. Must Mata play every game?

If we are serious about contending, we have to change a lot and it needs to begin from tomorrow.

So what do we do? Shell out more money innit?
We have spent too much already. Time to start looking inwards.

You talk about changing managers. I agree, we have tinkered too much.
However, we should know the caliber of manager to keep long term. Not just anybody.

BTW, this transition thing is over dramatized.
No team keeps using same players season after season. We have already added some young bloods over the years.

My idea of transition is not removing all over 30's, rather mixing over 30's and youngsters to get a good blend.
Torres, DS, Ramires, Romeu, Mikel, Lukaku, Josh, Luiz are enough young bloods to tide us through this season.

Happy new year anyway.
Let's hope for a better 2012.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by nateevs(m): 9:11pm On Dec 31, 2011
BlueDiva:

So what do we do? Shell out more money innit?
We have spent too much already. Time to start looking inwards.

No! We do not need to shell out loads. We just need to be intelligent in our transfer strategy.
If we had a good plan of player transfer, we would have bought better players.

It's done now though. We have to pick up the pieces and begin again.
We have spent far too much in the past on our first 11 forgetting the squad.
We had a chance to buy Modric before Spurs for about £15m. We would not pay up because we felt he was £5m too expensive. 2 years later, we want to buy him for £40.

Instead of targeting these £5m, £10m transfers - ala Sturridge, Romeu - and getting one good player in every 2, we spend £18m a piece on Zhirkov and Ramires.

Beginning this season, we started to correct that sort of. We need continue in that light. We need to buy correctly. I hope we utilise this transfer window and bring in good players.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by dayokanu(m): 10:29pm On Dec 31, 2011
nateevs:

No! We do not need to shell out loads. We just need to be intelligent in our transfer strategy.
If we had a good plan of player transfer, we would have bought better players.

Intelligent transfers is the key unlike the 50 m on Fernando Torres

Instead of targeting these £5m, £10m transfers - ala Sturridge, Romeu - and getting one good player in every 2, we spend £18m a piece on Zhirkov and Ramires.

For ROI I would believe both Zhirkov and Ramires especially have performed better than Torres
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by nateevs(m): 10:33pm On Dec 31, 2011
dayokanu:

For ROI I would believe both Zhirkov and Ramires especially have performed better than Torres

I can't argue with you on that. The unfortunate thing if I think that Zhirkov's and Ramires' contribution have been average, it only spells out even more obviously how desperate Torres' situation is. At the time of the transfer, it was needless and uniformed.

I just hope he doesn't suffer another brain spasm and splashes £60m on Ryan Giggs.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by lalaboi(m): 11:54pm On Dec 31, 2011
Ok, Most people didnt expect to be challenging for the title but most did not anticipate this!!. .  3rd loss at home already this season!!

Pathetic! and to think that people have to listen to AVB chat poo about being title contenders everyweek. Is this what he has to offer?

Just shift Luiz to rightback or sumn cos that nukka's concentration level is - 5!

Misfiring strikers all round. At the start of the season we had 5 strikers! none, apart from sturridge has been able to score five league goals. And you dare call your team "Title contenders"?

Finishing outside the top4 will be a disaster!! with Arsenal and Spurs charging like say dem be duracell.

What a rubbish way to finish 2011. . . Duds
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 8:17am On Jan 01, 2012
Happy New Year Blues!!!
Main target for the year should be to finish top 4.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 9:15am On Jan 01, 2012
Happy new year to everyone, it seems Gary cahill want to be relegated with Bolton the dude is asking for 100k a week instead of 70k been offered.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by diggz: 9:23am On Jan 01, 2012
Hapi nu year fellow blues. Cahill 100k a week,For wat exactly? All dis over-hyped english boys sef. Make him sitdon for him bolton Ojare,@ least d hype around him can't tk away d fact say him join for d people wey wan send Bolton to championship.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by chamotex(m): 8:33pm On Jan 01, 2012
nateevs:

I am sorry but United don't leave transition until too late.
Like you said, "They are always in transition" . .

So if United are always in transition and you have not been in transitioned for 8 years, why in this world do you then expect United-like performances? Why would you expect United-like performances when you hire the 7th manager in 8 years? You think transition in itself exisit in isolation? It's a fusion of all things good.

You have to lay a foundation to expect United-like performances. You cannot buy it off a store-shelf, you've got to earn.

I take it you meant "exist" right? tongue
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by nateevs(m): 9:32pm On Jan 01, 2012
chamotex:

I take it you meant "exist" right? tongue

Child! You could not wait to get one back could you?
This more of a typo than yours. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Akolawole(m): 9:37pm On Jan 01, 2012
Hmm1

Q: Will finishing 4th satisfy RA?

Chelsea is a very difficult team to manage. For years, i have been asking chelseans, what do Roman want? No one was unable to answer this.

Is it sexy footie? Champions league or domination of english football?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jan 01, 2012
Nateevs, if we're to bring in 3 players, whom would you choose?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by chamotex(m): 9:40pm On Jan 01, 2012
nateevs:

Child! You could not wait to get one back could you?
This more of a typo than yours.  grin

I think you left out "is" here too cool

Haha! You are the child here tongue
Actually I've seen you make a lot of 'honest' mistakes/typos before . . . but that's just what they are and I just let it slide since I get what you mean.
I didn't have to point it out  . . . as the bigger man. smiley
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by lalaboi(m): 9:41pm On Jan 01, 2012
chamotex:

Actually I've seen you make a lot of 'honest' mistakes/typos before . . . but that's just what they are and I just let it slide since I get what you mean.

How many times did you proof read this? grin Ontop wetin?. . oga go siddon
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by nateevs(m): 9:45pm On Jan 01, 2012
So Gary Cahill wants 100k. Wonders shall never end. Dude wants to quadruple his salary.
This is exactly how you know who wants to play for a big club and whose primary objective is money.

Wrong signing if you ask me. The signs are already bare.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by nateevs(m): 9:45pm On Jan 01, 2012
chamotex:

Haba! I have to explain a joke to you? Wetin?  grin
Now you've done it twice and you claiming bigger man. . Shiorrr!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by chamotex(m): 9:51pm On Jan 01, 2012
lalaboi:

How many times did you proof read this? grin Ontop wetin?. . oga go siddon

Ode ni e grin grin grin U no get sense
Me and nateevs just dey play ni jor, Na just shere shere cheesy
Ma fi ikanra Chelsea mun mi mehn.

nateevs:

Haba! I have to explain a joke to you? Wetin?  grin
Now you've done it twice and you claiming bigger man. . Shiorrr!

It's all jokes/fun jare . . . God go make you too bigger grin
Happy New Year cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by nateevs(m): 9:57pm On Jan 01, 2012
BlueDiva:

Nateevs, if we're to bring in 3 players, whom would you choose?

3 players for me. I will not think twice. It will be 2 wingers and once creative CM.
I will make sure one of the wingers is able to play in the middle when needed.

Wingers for me right now will be Eden Hazard and one of David Hoillet, Lucas Ocampos or Lucas Moura.
CM for me will be Mario Goetze.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by nateevs(m): 9:58pm On Jan 01, 2012
chamotex:

Ode ni e grin grin grin U no get sense
Me and nateevs just dey play ni jor, Na just shere shere cheesy
Ma fi ikanra Chelsea mun mi mehn.

It's all jokes/fun jare . . . God go make you too bigger grin
Happy New Year cool

Happy New Year to you too.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jan 01, 2012
nateevs:

3 players for me. I will not think twice. It will be 2 wingers and once creative CM.

Wingers for me right now will be Eden Hazard and one of David Hoillet, Lucas Ocampos or Lucas Moura.

Ok, nice idea.
Could you show how you will fit them in our starting line up?

It's high time we start sending suggestions to AVB. cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by chamotex(m): 10:07pm On Jan 01, 2012
nateevs:

Hoilett could be cheaper and more reasonable.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by nateevs(m): 10:13pm On Jan 01, 2012
BlueDiva:

Ok, nice idea.
Could you show how you will fit them in our starting line up?

It's high time we start sending suggestions to AVB. cheesy

Ivanovic ---Luiz---Terry--Cole

Romeu
Mario Mata

Hazard DS/RL LO/LM/DH
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by coogar: 10:15pm On Jan 01, 2012
Jomo Gbomo:

We should just allow AVB see out the season to complete the transition. No turning back now.  We know for sure that if AVB play the oldies, we would make 3rd place easily (and I include Alex and Anelka in this). That said, once a process is in place, we might as well complete it and cross fingers we can finish fourth this season.

then let him do away with the oldies. they are the ones ruining chelsea with their inconsistent performances for the team.
a swallow does not make a summer. can we count on these tired legs to be consistent throughout the course of a season?
the answer is no!

A lot of this still comes back to the decision to allocate a large percentage of the club's resources to signing Torres this time last year. Those wages and transfer fees woulda provided for three good players, plus saved a lot of political headache and squad unbalance and demoralisation. I didnt watch the game, but I'm curious as to why we once again went back to the tried and failed DD/Torres partnership. Did Studge get injured? I woulda thought that Studge is more suited to playing in 4-4-2 than any of these two. FFS, if DD could not make a 4-4-2 work with the unselfish Anelka, whats the point persisting with trying to shoehorn DD and Torres into the same formation?

villas-boas did not sign torres. ancellotti did and i wouldn't even say torres is the reason chelsea have been mediocre this season.
not playing to his strength is the reason torres has been ineffective.

i saw "premier league years"(08/09 season) on skysports during the festive period and i think villas-boas should watch how benitez managed to get the best out of torres by building an iron-cast team around him. gerrard played behind torres with kuyt and riera/maxi completing the triumvirate behind torres.
they had 2 deep-lying midfielders in xabi alonso and javier mascherano plus a mediocre back four. liverpool were scary that season and united just about managed to pip them to the title.

villas boas should make torres the arrow head.
play mata directly behind him. sturridge on the right, kalou/malouda on the left.
any of mikel/ramirez/meireles as the deep-lying midfielders and the back four would make chelsea a functional team.

man city

------back five------

---barry---y. toure---

milner---aguero---silva

--------balotelli--------

tottenham

-------back five-----

---parker----modric---

lennon---v. der vaart---bale

----------adebayor----------

arsenal

--------back five-------

----song-----ramsey----

walcott---arteta----gervinho

-----------van persie----------

man utd

--------back five--------

-----carrick----jones-----

nani------rooney------young

----------hernandez---------

the question is, why are chelsea doing their own things differently?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jan 01, 2012
nateevs:

Ivanovic ---Luiz---Terry--Cole

Romeu
          Mario            Mata

Hazard   DS/RL  LO/LM/DH

Still playing Mata wide?
Where is Mario in the line up? Thought you want a CM?

I think we can make do with what we have.
Line up like this:

Luiz-----Ivanovic----Terry----Ashley

---Ramires---- Romeu----Miereles

-------Mata------

---------DS----------- Torres
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jan 01, 2012
then let him do away with the oldies. they are the ones ruining chelsea with their inconsistent performances for the team.
a swallow does not make a summer. can we count on these tired legs to be consistent throughout the course of a season?
the answer is no!

Which oldies?
Only Drog and Lamps are the certified oldies not giving a 100%
Terry and Ivanovic are still kicking. The rest 'oldies' no longer start.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by nateevs(m): 10:26pm On Jan 01, 2012
BlueDiva:

Still playing Mata wide?
Where is Mario in the line up? Thought you want a CM?

Mario and Mata play in CM.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (101)

Manchester City Vs Chelsea (6 - 0) On 10th February 2019 / Manchester United Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 26th October 2014 / Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2017/2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.