Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,337 members, 7,780,882 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:22 AM

Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here (86326 Views)

Psychology Graduates Lets Meet Here / Biochemistry Graduates: Lets Meet Here / Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by AjanleKoko: 8:05pm On Feb 07, 2013
^^
So what branch of theoretical physics did you specialize in for your masters?
Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by igbo2011(m): 9:02pm On Feb 07, 2013
What do you all know about the history of physics and the African contributions to physics.
Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by knelson(m): 5:17pm On Feb 08, 2013
AjanleKoko: ^^
So what branch of theoretical physics did you specialize in for your masters?

String theory
Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by probsolver: 2:38am On Feb 09, 2013
usuf.saeed:
One the things that gives me pleasure in life is physics,i love every bit of it reading.i av HND in physics electronics. Long before i grad.i av flier for Physics n wish to study it.i av knw many things 1 can do wt Physics in my 1st year in skul. Now that am serving,am into many programs like cyber security, fibre optics etc.just to back my knowledge of physics. When u undastand physics u've undastand every thing in the world and u've have the total pleasure u could ever think of.

I wish to know u d more can u inbox me balogun_u@yahoo.com thanks
Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by AjanleKoko: 10:37pm On Feb 09, 2013
knelson:

String theory

Hmm. Particle physics, quantum theory thingz.
No wonder you quit grin
Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by get2kunle: 9:29am On Feb 20, 2013
Am proud to be a Physicist......we don't need to look for job cause we are problem solver...we know the principle...let's bring something out of it...for physics elect student...embedded system is what is on board now....I should be of an assistance on that sha....sky is our starting point....
Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by tunapawizzy: 10:52pm On Feb 20, 2013
get2kunle: Am proud to be a Physicist......we don't need to look for job cause we are problem solver...we know the principle...let's bring something out of it...for physics elect student...embedded system is what is on board now....I should be of an assistance on that sha....sky is our starting point....
can u pls drop ur email address i need to contact u....or better still just send any of ur contact to mycrudeoil@gmail.com
Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Phonon: 9:27pm On Feb 21, 2013
Never knew this thread existed.It's an honour for me to have studied physics.:-D
Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Somex10202(m): 6:19pm On Feb 22, 2013
Nice to be with a community of physicisit.Any one have an idea of a training i kan do to increase my chance of securing a job.Am a graduate of physics electronic with 2.2
Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by folaschool: 7:57pm On Feb 23, 2013
what branch of physics that relates to Nigeria economic that can fetch enough money
Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Neytron4U: 9:59am On Feb 24, 2013
Am proud to be a graduate of physics. I obtained my b.tech in physics @ lautech currently doing my M.tech also in physics(option in electronic measurement nd instrumentatn) @ futa. Physicst all d way...cheers
Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by olaniyanibukun(m): 7:33am On Apr 03, 2013
Good morninig, I'm a frsh graduate of physics and I finished with a very high CGPA from OAU. I'm waiting for NYSC, so I want ti ask if you have any idea of what I couuld b doing before NYSC calls me up and how can I get scholarship abroad? Thanks a lot
Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by spyroxy1(m): 8:07am On Apr 03, 2013
olaniyanibukun: Good morninig, I'm a frsh graduate of physics and I finished with a very high CGPA from OAU. I'm waiting for NYSC, so I want ti ask if you have any idea of what I couuld b doing before NYSC calls me up and how can I get scholarship abroad? Thanks a lot

I finished from the same dept. from the same school about 5yrs ago.
I can introduce you to some professional exams that will propel you into the O n G industry;

1. NDT (Non destrustive testing)
a.ultrasonic test
b.radiographic test
c.maganetic and particle test
d.Eddy current
e.dye penetrant test

This are tests you perform on material (metals) after they have been welded together .....

2.CWI/CSWIP
American welding society (AWS) owns the CWI (certified welding inspector) exam and the british version of it is the CSWIP

This exam enable you to work with any O n G of your choice.....

3. API 510/570

This is called American Petroleum Institute exams
510 - pressure vessel
570- process piping

4. QMS - ISO 9001:2008

Quality management system

in short, they are countless. But be prepared, as a physicist, you can work anywhere. I mean ANYWHERE.

BTW, I was the PEPSA PRESIDENT OF MA SET wink

5 Likes

Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by olaniyanibukun(m): 8:23am On Apr 04, 2013
spyroxy1:

I finished from the same dept. from the same school about 5yrs ago.
I can introduce you to some professional exams that will propel you into the O n G industry;

1. NDT (Non destrustive testing)
a.ultrasonic test
b.radiographic test
c.maganetic and particle test
d.Eddy current
e.dye penetrant test

This are tests you perform on material (metals) after they have been welded together .....

2.CWI/CSWIP
American welding society (AWS) owns the CWI (certified welding inspector) exam and the british version of it is the CSWIP

This exam enable you to work with any O n G of your choice.....

3. API 510/570

This is called American Petroleum Institute exams
510 - pressure vessel
570- process piping

4. QMS - ISO 9001:2008

Quality management system

in short, they are countless. But be prepared, as a physicist, you can work anywhere. I mean ANYWHERE.

BTW, I was the PEPSA PRESIDENT OF MA SET wink
Wow!!! Thanks a lot brother. Whiye house is hell truly sef. Which one would u advice me to take?
Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by funmisharon: 4:44pm On Apr 30, 2013
Gud day all.Please is there any certification courses for physicists in Nigeria.or any society of physicists.please I need reply
Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by dljbd1(m): 10:18pm On Apr 30, 2013
Wow! Just stumbling across this thread now. I'm a physics grad too from FUTminna. Presently serving but rounding up this June. I'm so gon start reading from page one to see whatsup cos I know some points would be laid already...brb grin cool

1 Like

Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by fred04(m): 9:26pm On May 01, 2013
QUANTIZE 2 U ALL,we are the best no matter all odds.
Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by prettyrose: 11:32am On May 02, 2013
Can I do a masters program in computer networking and sYstem management as a graduate of industrial physics
Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Uzzyan: 9:22pm On May 09, 2013
@prettyrose
i think u can anyways.

Proudly Quantized!!!
Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by ikechukz(m): 9:41pm On May 12, 2013
I'm still in school studying physics electronics.Please I need idea of places where I can do my IT.
Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by dljbd1(m): 9:46pm On May 14, 2013
Please, can someone drop a genuine job sites where I can get nice jobs to apply for sad. Cos everyone keeps saying apply! apply!! angry but does not give means for some of us that doesn't have connections undecided. Thnx cool
Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by dljbd1(m): 9:52pm On May 14, 2013
Another question...some companies are asking for discharge certificate...but I'm rounding up next month. Should I send my CV anyway?
Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by dljbd1(m): 4:38pm On Jun 15, 2013
AjanleKoko: Physics pop quiz:

The earth is spherical, right?
What would happen if I drilled a hole right through the center of the earth, from the surface of where I am, to come out somewhere else? And then jumped into the hole.
Assume the earth has a cold core and no ground water or anything like that. Just rock. What would happen?
It is not possible, the center of the earth is observed to have a strong gravitational pull on objects. Anyone that digs a hole and decides to go through it to America will only get stuck at the centre, because if some too should enter the hole in America he won't reach Nigeria...the gravitational pull occurs both in Nigeria and America, I believe no one is stronger than the other. Thnx smiley
Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by virtelle: 6:35pm On Jun 25, 2013
AjanleKoko: Physics pop quiz:

The earth is spherical, right?
What would happen if I drilled a hole right through the center of the earth, from the surface of where I am, to come out somewhere else? And then jumped into the hole.
Assume the earth has a cold core and no ground water or anything like that. Just rock. What would happen?
the answer to your question is very simple in the sense that the gravitational force of attraction on the earth's surface is radially symmetrical as a result the force of gravity acts equally on all sides. Hence, no one can drill the earth with enough force to comeout somewhere ELSE in the world
Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by AjanleKoko: 5:51pm On Jun 26, 2013
^^^
Research, mate!
That's what the Internet is for. wink
Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by knelson(m): 6:03pm On Jul 28, 2013
I found this site (http://www.eginny.com/study-abroad/) that may be very helpful to physics graduates looking for M.Sc/PhD positions overseas. Check it out.

Good luck to all my Physics friends.
Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by dayo20002002: 9:41pm On Jul 30, 2013
Please anyone with info on how to join Nigeria Institute of Physics.Their website is not updated and there is no concrete info there
Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Phonon: 1:56pm On Jul 31, 2013
For those seeking in-depth information on Physics Graduate programs or other Physics-related courses in the US, visit www.gradschoolshopper.com
It is run by the American Institute of Physics (AIP);very useful website.
Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by aniete: 4:18pm On Aug 05, 2013
Nice thread. I'm a Physicist and currently studying for an M.Sc in Geophysics. The funny thing is that i'm into Insurance for a living.
Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by knelson(m): 10:48pm On Aug 06, 2013
Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by ekina(f): 6:17pm On Aug 14, 2013
pls, my broda is studying solid earth physics in d university. i nid names of companies n firms that he can apply to for IT in lagos and porthrcourt. thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Woman Loses Her Corporate Job After Revealing How Many People She's Slept With / CEO Back Home Now Cleaning Nyash In UK - Curvy Nigerian Lady Breaks Down In Tear / Woman Working At A Building Site In Lagos (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.