Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:14 AM

When Your Best Friend Becomes Your Worst Enemy! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / When Your Best Friend Becomes Your Worst Enemy! (5963 Views)

Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup / 8 Reasons Why Your Worst Enemy Is Yourself / Your Worst And Best Moment On Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Your Best Friend Becomes Your Worst Enemy! by lolaluv1(f): 11:12am On Dec 19, 2011
Searching facebook this morning brought back alot of memories. I came across one of my former 'friends'. I was ten and she was a year or two older when we became friends in JS one. She was one of the popular girls, I was quiet and reticent. But I liked her so much that I considered her one of my best friends. She sometimes did crazy things: including giving me a kiss one day in class in front of our screaming class mates. I think it was a dare or something. We weren't lezbos or anything! Just really close! tongue

Later in senior class, as we were between that intricate threshold between girlhood and womanhood, things changed and she became my nemesis. We just didn't drift apart, we became sworn enemies! sad

I can't really say how it all went wrong but sometimes, I wish I could laugh with her again, as an adult and relieve all those 'innocent' times. But, it seems impossible now. I won't say she's my enemy now cause I forgave everything a long time ago. It's just that, I can't see us all chummy ever again! Because there will always be that self consciousness, that fear that she still despises me sad

Yeah, it all happened when I was a kid. But it really affected and changed me!

Have you ever had a close friend, in your childhood or adult life become your worst enemy?

smiley
Re: When Your Best Friend Becomes Your Worst Enemy! by mashnino(m): 11:16am On Dec 19, 2011
madamme, no lemme vex
Re: When Your Best Friend Becomes Your Worst Enemy! by lolaluv1(f): 11:17am On Dec 19, 2011
^
Please, we'll get back to the other issue later. This is the issue on ground for now!
Re: When Your Best Friend Becomes Your Worst Enemy! by Sub5(m): 11:25am On Dec 19, 2011
We just didn't drift apart, we became sworn enemies! Sad I can't really say how it all went wrong but sometimes

This part of the story is very important, for proper analysis, abi you steal her boy friend grin

It's just that, I can't see us all chummy ever again!
You can if you really want to, First you will have to get to her and and take the blame and show her how much you have forgiven her along side with love,
Re: When Your Best Friend Becomes Your Worst Enemy! by lolaluv1(f): 11:26am On Dec 19, 2011
Sub5:

This part of the story is very important, for proper analysis, abi you steal her boy friend grin
You can if you really want to, First you will have to get to her and and take the blame and show her how much you have forgiven her along side with love,

It's a long story! lipsrsealed
Re: When Your Best Friend Becomes Your Worst Enemy! by slimyem: 11:32am On Dec 19, 2011
yeah.
had a similar one as an adult.we were both in 300l and we were inseparable.we were staying in the same hostel and our rooms were adjacent.
we'd cook the same type of food the same day and rate which was better.
she'd come wake me up every morning to go get bath water and all.our departments were close so we went to class about the same time.
we wore almost the same clothes i.e tops on jean or shirts on pants.
people envied us.she'd go nowhere withouth me and me without her.
then things started falling apart.she suddenly had secrets, and started acting funny.i tried to ask her about it but she said it was nothing.
till date,i dont know what went wrong and we still dont talk or communicate.
it hurt for a while then but it doesnt anymore now.shit happens!!
Re: When Your Best Friend Becomes Your Worst Enemy! by lolaluv1(f): 11:35am On Dec 19, 2011
^^
Hmmmn!
smiley
We girls can be so funny and secretive!
Re: When Your Best Friend Becomes Your Worst Enemy! by bekay911(f): 1:34pm On Dec 19, 2011
Just had two of em wen i was in skuul, sleep in derhostel, eat in der house and so on bt we still talk to each oda and visit each oda doe one of us got married.
Re: When Your Best Friend Becomes Your Worst Enemy! by iice(f): 1:53pm On Dec 19, 2011
Not worse enemy but no more friends. To be an enemy means i have to summon emotions which i have no energy for.

I know what happened and I was the one who cut it off. I've done it with blood relatives too.
They were not the first and they won't be the last. I have no 'i wish this that, that this' feelings or thinking. It's a decision i made and executed.
It's not a thing of forgive and forget like other people think, I've forgiven and forgotten the person.
Re: When Your Best Friend Becomes Your Worst Enemy! by slimyem: 2:50pm On Dec 19, 2011
iice:

Not worse enemy but no more friends. To be an enemy means i have to summon emotions which i have no energy for.

I know what happened and I was the one who cut it off. I've done it with blood relatives too.
They were not the first and they won't be the last. I have no 'i wish this that, that this' feelings or thinking. It's a decision i made and executed.
It's not a thing of forgive and forget like other people think, I've forgiven and forgotten the person.

icy as always!!
Re: When Your Best Friend Becomes Your Worst Enemy! by mashnino(m): 10:01pm On Dec 19, 2011
iice:

Madamme yours is different now,
Re: When Your Best Friend Becomes Your Worst Enemy! by Nobody: 5:49pm On Apr 10, 2012
My best friend(can't even remember when we become friends,from babies i think)start acting funny when she met someone from her church(the deaconess daughter) then we stop talking until they start dating friends which brings about issues btw them

She came back to me since then we knew we are inseparable,Though we don't get to see everyday again but she is always on my mind.
Re: When Your Best Friend Becomes Your Worst Enemy! by greedie1(f): 8:05pm On Apr 11, 2012
Yea... Had dis friend wen i was a teenager, we looked alike, dressed alike, we were so close ple mistook us to be twins, den i got admission into d uni before ha.... Dnt knw wt went wrong, but it sure wasnt my fault, i neither hate ha nor lyk ha, she is now lyk a stranger to me. If we r ever gonna be friends again, she ll ve to make d first move but i really dnt need ha friendship again
Re: When Your Best Friend Becomes Your Worst Enemy! by OMEGAJAY(m): 2:59pm On Apr 13, 2012
shocked This is no longer a case just give her back her boyfriend or husband then settlement thereafter. Kaganeko

(1) (Reply)

The World’s 20 Most Popular Facebook pages / Top Awkward Selfies Ever Taken / A Tribute To My Beloved Mother ; Late Mrs Justina Godwin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.