Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,366 members, 7,808,273 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:41 AM

Thread Creation Enquiry - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Thread Creation Enquiry (1233 Views)

Honda Halla Price Enquiry / Power/sport Bikes Price Enquiry / Enquiry: Shipping From Canada To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thread Creation Enquiry by Osama10(m): 1:16pm On Dec 20, 2011
I need to get this point clear.

I had a thread for a Pathfinder that was delivered by Fhemmmy, now am ordering another vehicle.

I was told by one of the moderators that the 2 threads should be combined together as one, Is this the norm now?

I need clarification on this from you guys.
Re: Thread Creation Enquiry by Osama10(m): 1:44pm On Dec 20, 2011
What baffles me most is that I have only one active thread on the Autos section.I have seen sellers with 6 to 7 threads on the front page and I think they are invincible to the moderators.

I need comments from fellow nairalanders. cool

The Pre-Order thread has been moved to the bulk auto section.
Re: Thread Creation Enquiry by Fhemmmy: 2:20pm On Dec 20, 2011
I will be following this thread closely . . . and this might probably spill a lot of beans.
Watching and waiting.
Re: Thread Creation Enquiry by inspiredm(m): 2:22pm On Dec 20, 2011
Osama10:

What baffles me most is that I have only one active thread on the Autos section.I have seen sellers with 6 to 7 threads on the front page and I think they are invincible to the moderators.

I need comments from fellow nairalanders. cool

The Pre-Order thread has been moved to the bulk auto section.

I moved your thread because There is another thread serving the Same purpose.

When a "Testimonial" Thread is Opened, It is not an avenue to Advertise other Products on the thread, It is simply a Way to Bypass the 3 Adverts per day rule.

The purpose of the ''Testimonial" thread should be maintained and not derailed by Adverts.

Should we Nigerians always devise ways to break the rule ?  

Anybody can tell their Customer/friends to open threads and then Start advertising OTHER CARS On that thread Simply because the seller did not open the thread, all In a Bid To Bypass the rule.

You can Choose Either your new thread stays or the other Violated Thread Flooded with adverts Is moved.

Cheers
Re: Thread Creation Enquiry by inspiredm(m): 2:25pm On Dec 20, 2011
Osama10:

I have seen sellers with 6 to 7 threads on the front page and I think they are invincible to the moderators.

Because You see People Break The rule Is not an Excuse.

Just Now, I have received Emails From Forum Members ( dantitiki ) precisely Notifying me of Sellers With More than 3 Threads.

When You notice Any, Report them, Not an Excuse to Follow Suit.

Cheers
Re: Thread Creation Enquiry by Osama10(m): 2:37pm On Dec 20, 2011
inspired_m:

I moved your thread because There is another thread serving the Same purpose.

When a "Testimonial" Thread is Opened, It is not an avenue to Advertise other Products on the thread, It is simply a Way to Bypass the 3 Adverts per day rule.

The purpose of the ''Testimonial" thread should be maintained and not derailed by Adverts.

Should we Nigerians always devise ways to break the rule ?  

Anybody can tell their Customer/friends to open threads and then Start advertising OTHER CARS On that thread Simply because the seller did not open the thread, all In a Bid To Bypass the rule.

You can Choose Either your new thread stays or the other Violated Thread Flooded with adverts Is moved.

Cheers

Ok so because an advert was put on the testimonial thread, I understand now.
Re: Thread Creation Enquiry by Fhemmmy: 2:40pm On Dec 20, 2011
Osama10:

Chief . . . It is aiight, i guess it means once the ride has been found and deal sealed, a testimonial thread could happen for your Infiniti QX4 . . .We are on track.
It is almost Christmas and we need to be happy and peaceful . . . . . .

Merry Christmas, People
Re: Thread Creation Enquiry by inspiredm(m): 2:42pm On Dec 20, 2011
Osama10:

Exactly !!!

It Is Quite Unfair to Other Members For One Person to Continue to Dominate the Front Page just because they have Threads open by their Friends and Clients and then Further Using those Threads to Continue to advertise cars which negates the Sole of the Thread

If the Purpose of a Thread is to testify to the Good Works of a Dealer, Then let the thread remain SO, not a hideous avenue to advertise, either inadvertently or Delibrately by passing the rule.

Cheers
Re: Thread Creation Enquiry by Fhemmmy: 2:44pm On Dec 20, 2011
I think this is an awesome thread . . . . . . I will surely be watching and learning.
Re: Thread Creation Enquiry by Osama10(m): 2:46pm On Dec 20, 2011
I have not broke any rule and would never.

It's a new Pre-Order & I know a new thread has to be opened for that purpose.

What if a 3rd car is Pre-Ordered from the same person, are you still going to merge all 3 cars in one thread?

And how would the heading look like?
Re: Thread Creation Enquiry by inspiredm(m): 2:49pm On Dec 20, 2011
Osama10:

I have not broke any rule and would never.

It's a new Pre-Order & I know a new thread has to be opened for that purpose.

What if a 3rd car is Pre-Ordered from the same person, are you still going to merge all 3 cars in one thread?

You are free to Open as Many testimonies as You can.

If you buy 5 Cars from a Dealer, You are free to Open 5 Threads Showcasing the Vehicle and all. AS LONG AS NO ADVERTS FOLLOWS THEM

BUT It is Wrong for the Dealer You Bought From to now start advertising Other Cars on the thread you Opened For testimony.

What Stops Other members from telling their Friends to Open Threads With their Usernames and Then Start Advertising On them, This will End up Negating the Idea of Decongesting the Front Page.

The Bulk Section Is a Fantastic Child Board Where Several Adverts Can Be posted Either In Person Or In Proxy.

Cheers  wink
Re: Thread Creation Enquiry by Osama10(m): 2:57pm On Dec 20, 2011
So I prefer the newer thread on the main auto section & you can send the other one to the bulk section since you said it has been advertised on.
Re: Thread Creation Enquiry by inspiredm(m): 3:01pm On Dec 20, 2011
Osama10:

So I prefer the newer thread on the main auto section & you can send the other one to the bulk section since you said it has been advertised on.

Alright Sir,

I will do that Shortly.

Cheers
Re: Thread Creation Enquiry by Osama10(m): 3:06pm On Dec 20, 2011
Thanks Sir.
Re: Thread Creation Enquiry by femmy2010(m): 3:35pm On Dec 20, 2011
Hmm
Re: Thread Creation Enquiry by Osama10(m): 7:25pm On Dec 20, 2011
Still waiting for the switch. cool
Re: Thread Creation Enquiry by inspiredm(m): 7:49pm On Dec 20, 2011
Osama10:

Still waiting for the switch. cool

Done Sir.

Enjoy Your Thread.

Cheers
Re: Thread Creation Enquiry by boldinc(m): 8:05pm On Dec 20, 2011
@inspired nice one.
This is the problem with our country,Femmy wants to be always on the frontage every minute with all thread same time,if every other one behaves like that I wonder how chaotic this place would be.
Selfish attitude from our leaders to boot.
Re: Thread Creation Enquiry by Fhemmmy: 8:08pm On Dec 20, 2011
boldinc:

@inspired nice one.
This is the problem with our country,Femmy wants to be always on the frontage every minute with all thread same time,if every other one behaves like that I wonder how chaotic this place would be.
Selfish attitude from our leaders to boot.

Nice One . . . Thanks
Re: Thread Creation Enquiry by Osama10(m): 8:10pm On Dec 20, 2011
inspired_m:

Done Sir.

Enjoy Your Thread.

Cheers

Thanks very much Sir. cool

(1) (Reply)

Neatly Used Land Rover Discouvery2 1999 Model 800k / 04 Avalon 850k / Volkswagen Jetta 2002 Model N920k Toks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.