Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:57 AM

United Kingdom Blacklists Nigerian Universities - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / United Kingdom Blacklists Nigerian Universities (24970 Views)

Top 10 Nigerian Universities With The Most Beautiful Girls See Which Is Numba-1 / JAMB Blacklists 3 CBT Centres / Salary Scale Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: United Kingdom Blacklists Nigerian Universities by musiwa43: 3:45am On Dec 22, 2011
this is the university of benin

Re: United Kingdom Blacklists Nigerian Universities by musiwa43: 3:47am On Dec 22, 2011
ladoke akintola university

Re: United Kingdom Blacklists Nigerian Universities by musiwa43: 3:52am On Dec 22, 2011
university of nigeria

Re: United Kingdom Blacklists Nigerian Universities by Oba234: 3:53am On Dec 22, 2011
At least the U.K recognized some of these schools, so be thankful. Before you can practice medicine in the U.S. you will go to hell and come back. No be easy here. I know two doctors from Nigeria who are in the U.S. actually one was a surgeon in Nigeria and the U.S. won't let him practice.
Re: United Kingdom Blacklists Nigerian Universities by musiwa43: 3:57am On Dec 22, 2011
ebonyi state university

Re: United Kingdom Blacklists Nigerian Universities by musiwa43: 4:02am On Dec 22, 2011
university of lagos

1 Share

Re: United Kingdom Blacklists Nigerian Universities by Mobinga: 4:04am On Dec 22, 2011
Re: United Kingdom Blacklists Nigerian Universities by musiwa43: 4:31am On Dec 22, 2011
Ahmadu bello university

Re: United Kingdom Blacklists Nigerian Universities by musiwa43: 4:33am On Dec 22, 2011
university of agriculture markudi

Re: United Kingdom Blacklists Nigerian Universities by musiwa43: 4:35am On Dec 22, 2011
university of calabar

Re: United Kingdom Blacklists Nigerian Universities by musiwa43: 4:39am On Dec 22, 2011
university of port harcourt

Re: United Kingdom Blacklists Nigerian Universities by canadaik(m): 5:07am On Dec 22, 2011
see what the stupid Alao-Akala and Oyinlola has turned one of the best state owned universities LAUTECH to, what a shame! cry
Re: United Kingdom Blacklists Nigerian Universities by emcemayo: 5:30am On Dec 22, 2011
ok o make una rush to Ahmadu Bello University For quality no b quantity even wit your 3rd class u go dey relivant smiley
Re: United Kingdom Blacklists Nigerian Universities by Outstrip(f): 5:51am On Dec 22, 2011
Oba234:

At least the U.K recognized some of these schools, so be thankful. Before you can practice medicine in the U.S. you will go to hell and come back. No be easy here. I know two doctors from Nigeria who are in the U.S. actually one was a surgeon in Nigeria and the U.S. won't let him practice.  

You mean butcher.

I am glad they were banned. I am wondering why people are surprised with UNIBEN. It was not too long ago that the medical program was scrapped because of some dirty business going on. Wasn't that UNIBEN?
Re: United Kingdom Blacklists Nigerian Universities by GboyegaD(m): 5:54am On Dec 22, 2011
Musiwa,

What has the picture got to do with the quality of the graduates? What we need now is a total overhaul of the Nigerian education system and not showing us their photoshopped buildings and environs. The system lacks all ways from teaching faculty to infrastructural development. Government and all stakeholders need sit up and do something as our schools are fast becoming objects of serious ridicule.
Re: United Kingdom Blacklists Nigerian Universities by dapachez: 6:48am On Dec 22, 2011
This is indeed a sad development and i hope the relevant authorities sit up and own up to their responsibilities. @ princek12, i dont know where you got to meet a dude that studied architecture from UNIBEN. For your information,architecture aint studied in UNIBEN,so make sure you get your facts right before posting
Re: United Kingdom Blacklists Nigerian Universities by Ayoobscom(m): 7:15am On Dec 22, 2011
Up Unilorite

Simply Better by Far
Re: United Kingdom Blacklists Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 7:34am On Dec 22, 2011
I knew it! Universities from SE and SS are jokes. No exception, not even UNN, Uniben and Uniport. What a shame!
Re: United Kingdom Blacklists Nigerian Universities by JBL316: 7:55am On Dec 22, 2011
Oh UNIPORT dey there!, Ah, now i understand why GEJ is the way he is. No wonder!, God bless Niaja!
Re: United Kingdom Blacklists Nigerian Universities by Walexsammy(m): 8:00am On Dec 22, 2011
These universities are jst enjoying d history of the past,bt atleast U.k would had told us where dey went wrong,am Proud2b known as Micheal okpara university student
Re: United Kingdom Blacklists Nigerian Universities by jeffman(m): 8:15am On Dec 22, 2011
this was just because of the issues some of them had with the Nigerian Medical and Dental council. lots of politics involved especially with the UBTH CMD. the issues have been sorted out. maybe the UK haven't been updated or this news is stale.

I finished from Uniben and those medical students are intelligent chaps. not sure about the other Unis in Edo but Uniben is ok. the issue was more of trying to absorb medical students from some neighbouring schools without doing the necessary infrastructure upgrade.

I know I cant generalise on a very small sample but Uniben Engineers are one of the (if not the most) respected schools where I work and in the industry.
Re: United Kingdom Blacklists Nigerian Universities by Walexsammy(m): 8:18am On Dec 22, 2011
Why wont they be blacklisted,even our politicians shld be blaclisted.we're on strike again til God knows when,these students are equiped with wat was made available
Re: United Kingdom Blacklists Nigerian Universities by solomon111(m): 8:32am On Dec 22, 2011
I am indeed surprised by the ethnic bigotry of some people here.The universities mentioned belong to us all.
I am indeed surprised that uniben is on that list,despite having one of the best teaching hospital in the country,second only to that of U.I.
They remain the first and only west african uni to have successfully carried out a stem cell operation,and the third university in africa.They have consistently had major breakthroughs in the medical field.They have some of the best lecturers in the medical field in the country,and they have some of the best medical facilities in the country.Unfortunately the population thing is not helping matters.Due to the fact that they are the best school in the south-south, they tend to have population explosion,and they are rendered helpless due to the fact that a large chunk of the applicants score very high.UNIBEN have suspended admission into medicine for two years to create a considerable equilibrium between the student and the lecturer ratio.
So I think it is just a temporary anomaly that will be corrected ASAP.
Re: United Kingdom Blacklists Nigerian Universities by jeffman(m): 8:58am On Dec 22, 2011
rx steve:

I knew it! Universities from SE and SS are jokes. No exception, not even UNN, Uniben and Uniport. What a shame!

stop generalising jor. Uniben is the most respected in the industry i work in
Re: United Kingdom Blacklists Nigerian Universities by Homonide: 9:40am On Dec 22, 2011
What better pointer to the fact that our educational system needs a serious overhaul than this? It isn't exactly a surprise because i know a "top" Nigerian University where medical students sort to pass. Some of them, children of influential people in the State must always pass no matter how poor they perform in the examination.
It is a big shame walahi.
Re: United Kingdom Blacklists Nigerian Universities by olawalebabs(m): 9:45am On Dec 22, 2011
University Of Ilorin is a model on how to run university in Nigeria, take it or leave.
Re: United Kingdom Blacklists Nigerian Universities by gokuu(m): 9:55am On Dec 22, 2011
olawalebab:

University Of Ilorin is a model on how to run university in Nigeria, take it or leave.
what a big Joke! University of Lagos is the most effectively run University in the country, not that sharia uni.
Re: United Kingdom Blacklists Nigerian Universities by gokuu(m): 10:04am On Dec 22, 2011
jeffman:

continue deceiving yourself! Uniben is currently in a messy situation.WRT Engineering, Uniben is not tops!
Re: United Kingdom Blacklists Nigerian Universities by superior1: 10:12am On Dec 22, 2011
I guess I will need to ask any physician where and when he graduated before receiving treatment
Re: United Kingdom Blacklists Nigerian Universities by GboyegaD(m): 10:13am On Dec 22, 2011
solomon111:

I am indeed surprised by the ethnic bigotry of some people here.The universities mentioned belong to us all.
I am indeed surprised that uniben is on that list,despite having one of the best teaching hospital in the country,second only to that of U.I.
They remain the first and only west african uni to have successfully carried out a stem cell operation,and the third university in africa.They have consistently had major breakthroughs in the medical field.They have some of the best lecturers in  the medical field in the country,and they have some of the best medical facilities in the country.Unfortunately the population thing is not helping matters.Due to the fact that they are the best school in the south-south, they tend to have population explosion,and they are rendered helpless due to the fact that a large chunk of the applicants score very high.UNIBEN have suspended admission into medicine for two years to create a considerable equilibrium between the student and the lecturer ratio.
So I think it is just a temporary anomaly that will be corrected ASAP.

Why contradict yourself I was glad by your 1st sentence however the other things that followed showed that you are as guilty as those you are trying to correct. This is not the time for unnecessary tirades?

jeffman:

Is that the issue on ground Why not view the issue from the perspective of the country rather than being too defensive of a particular institution.

Homonide:

What better pointer to the fact that our educational system needs a serious overhaul than this? It isn't exactly a surprise because i know a "top" Nigerian University where medical students sort to pass. Some of them, children of influential people in the State must always pass no matter how poor they perform in the examination.
It is a big shame walahi.

The overhaul has been long overdue and I pray this would act as a wake up call to all stakeholders. I only pray that they would take it seriously because I know most times, people care less afterall most of their kids are studying abroad.

gokuu:

what a big Joke! University of Lagos is the most effectively run University in the country, not that sharia uni.

Is that what should bother you Gokuu? Is it until your university is blacklisted before you will choose to see the big picture?
Re: United Kingdom Blacklists Nigerian Universities by olawalebabs(m): 10:15am On Dec 22, 2011
gokuu:

that bolded will not allow me to make any further comments, your analysis is too bias and subjective.
Re: United Kingdom Blacklists Nigerian Universities by humblebee: 10:19am On Dec 22, 2011
y r u guys posting pictures? does structures make a good medical school we're talking about medicine here not architecture, will you get in your medical labs with your cameras. common

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

University Of Ilorin 2016/2017 Admission List Is Out / Dr N. Osadebe: UNN Lecturer Victimizing Final Year Student Exposed / Can I Still Go Back To School At 23?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.