Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,835 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:42 PM

Ipod Virus: Modern Way Of Spreading Viruses? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Ipod Virus: Modern Way Of Spreading Viruses? (700 Views)

Creating Funny Viruses With Your Notepad / How To Remove VBS Redlof and VBS Soraci (Viruses) / Formatting My Ipod Shuffle (Apple 1Gb Drive) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ipod Virus: Modern Way Of Spreading Viruses? by Wilfem(m): 9:36pm On Oct 02, 2007
Two of my cousins were brought a 4Gb Apple Ipod each from abroad and while we were transferring songs into it, My antivirus (Kaspersky) raised an alert of detection of two viruses (RavMonE.exe and Win32.RJump.a) I was so disturbed and confused because we were the one who unpacked the ipod, so I wondered how else it could have contracted the viruses.

It was when I was loking for a help on the net that I eventually found a confirmatory link of how the ipods might have been infected with the viruses. Here is the link: http://computer.howstuffworks.com/ipod-virus.htm

Fellow ipod users, please beware of this 'because those viruses are "malware" which are capable of disabling one or two functions on the Pc. Is this a modern way of transferring/spreading viruses?

(1) (Reply)

Formatting An External Drive: Help! / Can I Use Mercury Board Computer For Music Production? / My Pc Wont Boot Except Igo To Setup And Boot Frm Hard Disk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.