Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,823 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:23 PM

Christians, Do You Believe This To Be True? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians, Do You Believe This To Be True? (1007 Views)

I Have Decided To Help The Christians Do Some Concret Research / 5 Things Christians Do Now And Don't Consider It Sin Anymore. / Christians- Do You Follow Your Pastors Teachings? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Christians, Do You Believe This To Be True? by KAG: 1:30am On Oct 03, 2007
"The latest name that they have developed now is the secular humanism which is now a religion responsible for all the degrading and immoral influence as well as the devaluation of human lives in our society today. This is the main reason that the secular governments in the western world are against Mugabe of Zimbabwe because of his stance against homosexualism in their constitution. Nigeria I believe has not been able to pass the homosexualism bill into law because of this reason."

Well, do you?
Re: Christians, Do You Believe This To Be True? by debosky(m): 1:35am On Oct 03, 2007
secular humanism exists no doubt, but to link the opposition to Mugabe by the West to that is laughable and a wild stretch of the imagination. Who cares whether homosexuality is allowed in Zimbabwe or not? what is the overall importance of Zimabwe in international affairs? Granted Mugabe is an irritant, but the opposition stems more from his suicidal economic policies and the white land grabs.

There is, no doubt a surreptitious movement to introduce their philosophies into mainstream society, but I don't think they devalue human life - their policies of live and let live and tolerance, acceptance and general liberalism doesn't fit into a devalued human life box. I suspect the permissiveness to abortion is what the poster is referring to.
Re: Christians, Do You Believe This To Be True? by KAG: 11:52am On Oct 03, 2007
debosky:

secular humanism exists no doubt, but to link the opposition to Mugabe by the West to that is laughable and a wild stretch of the imagination. Who cares whether homosexuality is allowed in Zimbabwe or not? what is the overall importance of Zimabwe in international affairs? Granted Mugabe is an irritant, but the opposition stems more from his suicidal economic policies and the white land grabs.

There is, no doubt a surreptitious movement to introduce their philosophies into mainstream society, but I don't think they devalue human life - their policies of live and let live and tolerance, acceptance and general liberalism doesn't fit into a devalued human life box. I suspect the permissiveness to abortion is what the poster is referring to.

Okay, thank you.

(1) (Reply)

Whom Should You Give Your First Fruit? / What Law Was Nailed To The Cross? / Where Is The Garden Of Eden?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.