Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,121 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:28 AM

Women, What Qualities Do A Great Dad Possess? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Women, What Qualities Do A Great Dad Possess? (1385 Views)

**Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** / Women: What Was Your Contribution To Your Brideprice Situation? / Types Of Husband: Men What Type Are You? Women What type Is Your Hubby?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Women, What Qualities Do A Great Dad Possess? by Uchebobo: 1:42am On Oct 03, 2007
Hello,
This issue is generating a lot of concern in various homes whereby fathers have resulted to substitute job for spending time with their kids and wife; some find pleasure in hanging out with friends. can we then say that a great dad is the one that only provide financially for the family?
Re: Women, What Qualities Do A Great Dad Possess? by English1(f): 10:38am On Oct 04, 2007
No, I don't think that makes a good father at all. A complete stranger could hand over money if they wanted to.

A good father is involved in raising the children. He talks with them, plays with them, teaches them, disciplines them, encourages them. He takes responsibility for the sort of people they turn into, and gives his children many happy loving memories, a good upbringing, and the chance of a good future.

There are many families who struggle financially but still have very good mothers/fathers in other ways. Money isn't everything. You can have a rich family with terrible parents. And if you don't want to be involved with your children or spend time with them - why bother having them at all?
Re: Women, What Qualities Do A Great Dad Possess? by shoti(m): 11:48am On Oct 04, 2007
English 1,honestily u av a very brilliant contribution . i think being a good father is more than money. you need to spend more time with the kids and the wife.give them all your love and provide for them to cap it all. i work in environment where their family is secondary. their job is their life,though they pay heavily but that is not the point.i am a father too and i know the need to be a good one.cheers in the house

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Emerges As Top Graduating Student In North Cyprus / Is Love A Decreasing Process In A Marriage / Married Man Films Himself And Pregnant Girlfriend Insulting Wife (pics/video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.