Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,889 members, 7,802,863 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:54 PM

Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria - Business To Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Business To Business / Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria (55594 Views)

How To Start A Haulage Business With Renault Trucks / I Need A Company That Can Manage My Truck - Haulage Business --- Carrying Goods / Haulage Trucks/investing In Haulage Business! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by uwish: 6:24pm On Jun 08, 2012
@coomeni,
Many places to buy in Nigeria, but I cannot tell you the precise amount because it depends on the brand(type), model and the grade.

@blink182,
Thank you
Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by uwish: 2:21pm On Jun 09, 2012
Hello Nairalanders,

Why I write the last posting on "How to know a good manager" is because many investors have always been complaining about the managers of their trucks and for whosoever wants to come in as truck manager to know what and what to put in place to be able to attract prospective investor. In this haulage business, the truck manager and driver are the 80% determinant of its success. Next we are going to talk on "How to secure a good DRIVER"

For more info send your email to: haulagino@gmail.com or 08132820002
Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by uwish: 7:16pm On Jun 10, 2012
Hello,

for more information or enquiries call: 08132820002
Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by uwish: 6:42pm On Jun 21, 2012
Hi,

Let us consider the antics of the driver in the business. Be aware that driver contributes up to 75% of the business success, hence, they are very paramount to the business and that is why they behave awkwardly because they know you can not drive the vehicle by yourself.

DRIVER ANTICS

LAZINESS: Some of them when they have worked a little and have been able to get some amount in their pocket, they tell different excuses to escape, even when you have target to meet up in order to recoup your investment.

CASH DEFRAUD: If you allow your driver to come in contact with money of the business, you can not get the money in full again

DIESEL SHORTAGE: What they do in this case is that they either buy adulterated diesel which kill off the injector fast or they would not buy enough fuel in order to pocket the balance.

ACCIDENT: Through careless driving they can ruin the business fast

"EVIL" COLLABORATION
: They can collaborate with mechanic or government agencies to dupe you especially those who go on long distance

you can now get me 08132820002for more information or enquiries

1 Like

Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by Finetrading: 3:43am On Jun 30, 2012
I have 10 Mack truckheads with 40 feet flatbed trailers for hire. Please contact this number: 080-372-67172 or 081-270-36799.

Or you can contact me directly in the US at +1-858-405-0846 or by email: fine.trade@sbcglobal.net

Thanks,
Andy
Fine Trading Int'l Ltd.
Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by Finetrading: 3:44am On Jun 30, 2012
I have 10 Mack truckheads with 40 feet flatbed trailers for hire. Please contact this number: 080-372-67172 or 081-270-36799.

Or you can contact me directly in the US at +1-858-405-0846 or by email: fine.trade@sbcglobal.net

Thanks,
Andy
Fine Trading Int'l Ltd.
Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by uwish: 4:13pm On Jun 30, 2012
SOLUTION TO THE ANTICS

LAZINESS: If your driver is living in the vicinity of the business that is when this antics is very common, one thing I discuss is that if you get driver outside your vicinity they perform better because they have no family around them, so they give all to the work. Example, if your business is in Lagos and your driver's family is from Oyo, he gives all and works better than the driver whose family is in Lagos.

Another to overcome this antic even if your driver and his family is in the vicinity of the business, he is to give your driver target to meet up in a month as long as there are job to do and encourage him with incentives.

CASH DEFRAUD: Try as much as possible not to let your driver be in contact with the business money, even if the balance is to be paid up-country where he has gone to deliver a job, give him the bank account they must pay the money before leaving the place.

DIESEL SHORTAGE: This is the area that driver always kill the business by buy adulterated cheap diesel or not buying up to the amount needed. The very solution is for you to know the amount of diesel the vehicle consume to almost destination in Nigeria and construct extra tank even if your tank is not big enough, then have a have a standby filling where you fill the tanks before leaving the departure point.

ACCIDENT: Make sure your truck is insured under comprehensive with a reputable insurance company. Then let the driver know that if he drives carelessly he will have him self blamed if he dies.

We continue from here

you can now get me 08132820002 for more information or enquiries
Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jun 30, 2012
Keep up the good work Oga uwish
Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by uwish: 8:46pm On Jul 03, 2012
@blink182

Thanks so much
Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by Skanas(m): 6:02pm On Jul 15, 2012
This to me is the best thread I've visited in NL.Thank u sir!Pls sir,hope u'll also talk abt the smaller tippers(I think its called 911 or so) as well as its cost.Would be following this thread closely.Looking forward to ur reply
Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jul 15, 2012
we have a 40ft guiness body trailer(drinks haulage) for sale, if you are interested and for inspection

call 08079393904

or send e mail to

muyo2001@yahoo.com
Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jul 15, 2012
Skanas: This to me is the best thread I've visited in NL.Thank u sir!Pls sir,hope u'll also talk abt the smaller tippers(I think its called 911 or so) as well as its cost.Would be following this thread closely.Looking forward to ur reply
Seconded!

1 Like

Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by azpekuliar: 9:18am On Jul 17, 2012
blink182: Please stop spamming this thread, we are here to learn not see your trucks shoved up our faces. Thank you

*Laffs. Where I dey all dis yle, wey dis thread dey exist?
Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:01am On Jul 17, 2012
azpekuliar:

*Laffs. Where I dey all dis yle, wey dis thread dey exist?
Ask again, sometimes when I de jobless. I go just de read NL like say I wan write exam. This thread is really helpful. I de pray make I see money take buy one 30 ton truck make I de supply sand since my papa de operate dredger. I don tire for kurukere business. I need something when no fit fail. Person try me for inside this haulage business. E go sleep cell and pay up. Unlike some other business when if your money go, e don go. Nothing you fit do.
Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by uwish: 7:05pm On Jul 18, 2012
HELLO EVERY1

Am most grateful for all the compliments so far both on this forum and those sent to my box. By the special grace of God I will continue from where we stopped by Saturday latest, it was due to my shocked-up duty. In fact it is not easy to be a teacher/lecture with haulage business.

Thank you all, see you!

1 Like

Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by uwish: 7:35pm On Jul 25, 2012
Hello every1,

STEPS TO HIRING GOOD DRIVER

Though might be 100% perfect, but I have tested them and to some extent are reliable

REFERRAL: Don't pick a driver out on the road or through advert or else you mis-pick, but let somebody recommend a driver that he can trust for you and the person will help you talk to his sense not to disappoint him and Bleep him up before you, though the person will not be one of the guarantors.

GUARANTOR: Let the prospective driver have three(3) that are ready to bear the grunt when things go wrong by letting them know exactly your terms/conditions and they will sign an undertaken. I mostly accept the landlord, clergyman and any other person or people that I will visit to let them know the consequence of what they are about to enter in case of "in-casity". Then 2 member of his immediate family is acknowledge and they sign to my office employment form.

EXPERIENCE: The working experience is also very important especially on the kind of job,(flatbed body, covered body, single trailer, dump truck i.e tipper etc), the type of trip he goes (local or up-country), the kind of truck he has driven before and lastly his year of experience.

WORKING HISTORY: Find out where and where he had worked before and reason for leaving, if he is the one that jumps from places to places, he will soon leave you, be careful!

1 Like

Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by Skanas(m): 4:44pm On Jul 27, 2012
^^^good one...thanks a million
Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by uwish: 9:01pm On Jul 30, 2012
Hi,

For the purpose of those that desire to know the fuel consumption of a 30tons trailer in order to know how to charge for job or to checkmate the excesses of their drive demand for fuel. I hereby attached the list of different destination from Lagos and fuel consumption.

Mind you it depends on some factors such as:
1. The condition of your truck engine
2. The condition of the engine injector
3. May be your truck is new or old
4. The point of delivery in the city you are going
5. The distance of your parking yard in Lagos when you return

For more information, call 08132820002 or email:haulagino@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by benstonna1: 10:49pm On Aug 14, 2012
pls i want to invest into the haulage business and i want to knw how to go about it.i want to by a truck and get a proper driver and manager to handle it.is there any one with an advise.thanks
Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by tope33(m): 11:43am On Aug 16, 2012
Read previous posts!
ben.stonna:
pls i want to invest into the haulage business and i want to knw how to go about it.i want to by a truck and get a proper driver and manager to handle it.is there any one with an advise.thanks

1 Like

Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by wazobia1: 10:24am On Aug 17, 2012
Uwish,
I must commend you for this excellent thread. I have bee trucking in Lagos now for 2 years and can testify to all the excellent operating experience (OE) which you have articulated on this thread. i encourage all to study this thread and think of the worse case senarios in their quest to building and maintaining a safe and efficient fleet of trucks and trailers. You will definitely meet obstacles along the way.... but with a common goal and efficient risk analysis and look aheads related to most of the tips Uwish has shared here you will prevail. Stay strong my fellow truckers and let us strive to build our safe fleets one truck and one experience at a time. For those of us that want first hand info on direct access/ quotes to buy Mack trucks and flatbed trailers from USA I can definitely help you out with a reputable buyer and shipper. Visit this website i have used them before and they are very transparent and efficient in dealings with clients. You can request a free quote or estimate for prices for 30 ton mack trucks trailers, tippers , bulldozers etc http://www.summitentnigltd.com/Equipment-Store.html

Uwish keep doing your thing. your students look forward to your next series of lectures. Stay safe, focussed on your trucking dreams and remain blessed all.
[b][/b][color=#990000][/color]
Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by chuks4380: 6:09am On Aug 20, 2012
Buy high quality granite from our quarry site in Akampa, Cross River state and have it delivered to you anywhere in the country including Rivers state, Abia, Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom, Imo and there environs.

our stone come in different colors ranging from black to dark and light grey.

our stones come in different affordable prices depending on the aggregate size of the stones e.g

3/4 inch for #3600 per ton
1/2 inch for #3600 per ton
1 inch for #3600 per ton
stone base (mixed material) 2700
dust (sand) for #500 per ton

please the prices does not include the cost of transportation and
delivery, but we also handle the delivery at a very affordable cost
depending on the destination

To make your orders and for more enquieries please chuks on 08034180868
Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by Baril(m): 4:12pm On Sep 03, 2012
I am currently looking to buy or rent 20-30tons truck for an opportunity to move sand and granite from Ijebu-Itele to Ibafon, I am thinking a lease will be better since the opportunity is for a stipulated period, I am looking to leas a truck or Two (2) for a 12 month period.

Please revert with your contact details if you have a truck in good condition that can make at least 2 trips a day.
Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by tundey29: 9:51am On Sep 19, 2012
I have a 20tons truck available for a lease/rent contact me on tundey29@gmail.com
Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by WandaWang: 8:46am On Sep 27, 2012
hello,does anyone know about the customs clearance cost in Nigeria or Ghana?

Will be great appreciated.
Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by tunapar(m): 2:55pm On Sep 30, 2012
Thanx for the info so far @ uwish, how much does d dump truck cost on d average?
Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by uwish: 12:08am On Oct 01, 2012
@ Tunapar

Cost of a dump truck depends on the grade, make/brand etc, but mostly on average it is between 3.8m - 5m. You can call me on 08132820002 for more info
Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by chimadele: 11:54am On Oct 03, 2012
hello people,

i manage trucks for owners,100k per week,the rainy days is gradually fading away its time for serious bussiness call me on my number 08026478190.
Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by wayup: 8:34pm On Oct 05, 2012
This post has been hidden
Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:05am On Oct 10, 2012
smiley
Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by Afriface: 3:55pm On Oct 15, 2012
MAN Diesel truckhead For-sale. Model is 19-403 Silent (Commander). Euro 2. See Pix Below. Price is 3.5M

Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:07am On Oct 17, 2012
I AM INTERESTED IN THIS HAULAGE BUSINESS AND I WANT TO KNOW (1) WHAT IS THE BEST MODEL OR TRUCK TO BUY (2)IS THERE ANY GOOD MANAGER THAT CAN MANAGE IT AND HOW MUCH, I HAVE THE FUND TO BUY A TRUCK HEAD WITH FLAT BED, DUMP OR ANY FORM OF TRUCK NOT ABOVE OR BELOW 20,000USD$ OR 3.5MILLION. I WANT TO GIVE IT A TRIAL AND STARTING WITH ONE, IF THE BUSINESS IS GOOD THEN I CAN BUY MORE... PLEASE I NEED HONEST AND TRUSTWORTHY PERSON TO LECTURE ME ON THIS, IF POSSIBLE I CAN MEET THE PERSON FACE TO FACE....PLEASE URGENT, MY EMAIL IS: ebby22ng@yahoo.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Links To Haulage Threads / Equipment Leasing / Renting (construction) / Quality Nigerian Made Kitchen And Bakery Equipment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.