Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,116 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:53 PM

Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria - Business To Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Business To Business / Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria (55624 Views)

How To Start A Haulage Business With Renault Trucks / I Need A Company That Can Manage My Truck - Haulage Business --- Carrying Goods / Haulage Trucks/investing In Haulage Business! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:34am On Oct 17, 2012
sent you an email and still waiting for your response, I want to go into this Haulage Business and please I need your advice and how much can i invest as a starter...ebby22ng@yahoo.com
Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:14pm On Oct 17, 2012
uwish:

@uwish
please can you check your email, i sent a message from ebby22ng@yahoo.com

Though I promised to talk on tipper or what we can call dump truck, but because of these questions sent into my email box, I will talk a little more on flat bed. Majorly they want to know the capital by which they can start haulage business:

The capital depends on series of factor such as Type of haulage you want to go into (20tons or 30tons, Flat bed of container built body; Brand  of truck(IVECO, MAN, DAF or MACK), The model of the truck, the tonnage

For a 20tons container built body, it will cost between 2.8m - 3.2miilion, For a 20tons flatbed body, it will cost between 2.2m - 2.6miilion

For a 30tons with container built body, it will cost between 4.7m - 5miilion, For a 30tons flatbed body, it will cost between 4.2m - 4.7miilion.

NB: This is not 100% certain, you can do the pricing by yourself.

Then you have the following to do on the newly acquired truck:

Tractor Head (Grade A) N2,700,000.00

Flatbed Body N1,500,000.00
                          N4,200,000.00

ELECTRICAL WORK

MECHANICAL WORK:     Servicing Parts, Engine Oil, Oil Treatment

ACCESSORIES:     Battery
                             Front Tyre
                             Jack (32 Tons)               
                             Tarpaulin    
                             Fire Extinguisher           
                             Wheel Spanner             
                             C-Caution     

VEHICLE REGISTRATION

For more info send your email to: haulagino@gmail.com or 08121711644

Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:59am On Oct 18, 2012
I NEED SOMEONE TO LECTURE ME MORE ON THIS HAULAGE BUSINESS, WHAT IS THE BEST TRUCK TO START WITH AND IF POSSIBLE A GOOD MANAGER. I HAVE THE FUND TO INVEST NOW..PLEASE EMAIL ME ON.............ebby22ng@yahoo.com
Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by motajoolusoga: 7:50am On Oct 21, 2012
Hi I will advice you to buy a dump truck prefarable a mark dump truk r model they are very strong and very durable and for the manageement of the truck you can call me on 08185276167 dele is my name
Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by motajoolusoga: 8:08am On Oct 21, 2012
If you want to buy any truck I will advice you to buy mark tuck and for the management call dele on 08185276167
Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:17am On Oct 23, 2012
motajoolusoga: If you want to buy any truck I will advice you to buy mark tuck and for the management call dele on 08185276167

ok noted
Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by OENERGY: 10:56am On Nov 08, 2012
I need an haulage company to manage and maintain my flat-bed truck for me at an agreed term.
If u are interested and experienced pls call lanre on 08026225888.thanks
Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by Afriface: 5:43pm On Dec 07, 2012
20 - 40 Foot Containers Forsale

If you are looking to buy 20 foot containers or even 40 foot containers for your shipping or storage requirements, then look no further than Aloma link logistics can provide high quality 40 foot containers or even 20 foot containers at reasonable rates.

Used 40 ft and 20ft container - shipping containers for sale. Find used 40 ft container - shipping containers for sale locally, in your state or anywhere within Nigeria. we can arrange delivery of container to anywhere in Nigeria

Francis
Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by Jumzzy28: 11:29am On Dec 08, 2012
sibb2011: Do you have either 20 or 40 feet flat-bed/sided truck? and you probably want a permanent jobs for them? Then call us on 08183083698, 07043806537, 08096029035, 07041192953, 07036061552.

my husband has a MACK TRUCK for sale,u can reach him on 08037148246
Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by Jumzzy28: 11:37am On Dec 08, 2012
y2kaustin:
Hi,if you have any of the above mentioned trucks?.Either,you have been trying to sell it,to no avail or you used it to bring in things from overseas.This is a wonderful business opportunity for you,we will convert it to a money spinner for you.We will engage it weekly,to haul cosmetic products,and provisions for our clients.Then,we make payments into your account,every Monday of the new week.maintenance not more than 10 thousand Naira we will be on us,and above that amount the owner takes responsibility.

All you will just do is sit back and be receiving alerts from you bank.Interested,kindly call me on 08134340380 or 08028346008 hoping to hear from you soon,till then remain blessed.

my husband has a MACK TRUCK to sell,u can reach him on 08037148246
Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by onoc: 7:52pm On Dec 08, 2012
@ uwish,

i have read your posts on the subject and i must confess, your view point is spot-on and the coverage is entire. really good job....and according to my experience, they are valid.

@ all, i manage a registered haulage firm and we currently require the following for immediate lease:

- 30ton covered(boxed) body trailers - for interstate transport of juices (from lagos to abuja, aba, jos, kano, kaduna, PH, onitsha, enugu)...terms and conditions very attractive.
- 20 - 30t tippers for hauling sand from abeokuta to ibafo. business is guaranteed for a long term (minimum 6 mths) and a smart driver can run twice daily.

all trucks must be in good condition and only from serious, legitimate and responsible people (no offence)

interested parties should pls contact me urgently on gistme15@yahoo.com or 08099813003.

thanks.
Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by ogeachonwa(m): 11:48am On Jan 11, 2013
I appreciate your business and I am happy to give you the opportunity to SAVE money on your fuel and diesel expenses, on maintenance of your vehicle by 40%.
This is our business, to reduce diesel and fuel cost for customers by 40% using our product.
FOR OVER 20 YEARS COMPANIES ALL OVER THE WORLD HAVE BEEN SAVING THOUSANDS by using XFT.
It has been proven to:
It works in industrial & construction equipment, cars, trucks, lawn equipment, generators, and any gasoline or diesel engine.
FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER, THIS PRODUCT IS AVAILABLE TO YOU. Until recently, Xtreme Fuel Treatment has only been sold to large industrial companies in 55 gallon barrels. With the release of XFT to the public, people are quickly learning why these industrial companies won't go without it.
You will spend less money when you purchase
But that is not all it does...
XFT also contains concentrated ingredients that:
•Prolong the life of the engine
•Improve fuel economy
•Decrease emissions
•Increase horsepower
•Keep your engine clean & remove harmful deposits
•Lubricates pistons, pumps, and injectors
•Prevents and reverses sludge build-up
•Prevents rust and corrosion in the fuel system
•Helps keep water out of your fuel
•Stabilizes stored fuel (for years)
A QUESTION FOR YOU…..
How many people do you know who would like to save money on their fuel, reduce repairs on their vehicles, or help the environment?
Our product will help you save more money on your haulage business and from constant repairs.
Call and learn how using XFT is like putting money right back into your pocket, and see why these large companies will not go without XFT (documentation is available on the website), and how you can use it to save money and earn money.
For enquirers Contact: 07035227214,07044429327
ogeachonwa1@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by gracelandschool: 2:34am On Jan 12, 2013
uwish: hi,

For your interest, I hereby attached Excepted Income and Expenditure Analysis and Distribution, which shows you how viable and profitable haulage business is in Nigeria.

ANALYSIS AND DISTRIBUTION INCOME AND EXPENDITURE (INTER STATE)
Let me give you a little Income and Expenditure Analysis and distribution on haulage services that show the interesting and the width of the market; hence demand for the services is always consistent.
As many companies, individuals, agencies, amongst others as possible are the list users of haulage business. Even in the manufacturing countries, haulage business cannot be overlook not to talk of a consuming country like Nigeria, the importance of haulage business cannot be over emphasis.

As a business opportunity, anyone that is willing can invest with ease.

N.B: However, haulage service is a good enterprise. Good management is necessary to ensure its survival and profitability

THE INCOME
The rate of return on your investment and also based on the turn-around time of the truck. Because of the constraints such as traffic congestion on the road, mechanical faults, etc, one could experience a little hiccup. But with proper management, the haulage service is a high yielding investment enterprise.

For a trip to Abuja as example,
The trucker is paid *                                             N250,000.00
EXPENDITURE: Less
The running of the trip has a cost of fuel (750 x N160) ** = N120,000.00
Driver/conductor Allowance *** =                 N20,000.00
Unforeseen contingency Allowance**** =         N5,000.00                     N145,000.00
Therefore the projected profit per trip is                             N105,000.00

Mathematically,
N105,000 per trip (At least three(3) trips per 2 weeks)
N105,000 x 3 x 2 =                                      N630,000.00
Less: Driver Salary ***** = N30,000.00
                Conductor Salary =         N10,000.00
******Servicing (Depending on the vehicle) = N30,000 .00       N70,000.00[b]
Expected monthly income =                               N560,000.00[/b]

How to distribute the expected income
If you are an investor and manager at the same time, keep three hundred thousand naira (N300,000.00) for your investment, One hundred thousand naira(N100,000.00)  for your self, One Hundred thousand Naira(N100,000.00)  for the jobless period and Sixty Thousand Naira(N50,000.00)  for the truck in case of any unforeseen problem
Investor                 N300,000.00
Manager                 N100,000.00
Jobless period         N100,000.00
Unforeseen Problem N 50,000.00 N550,000.00

But if you are just a manager, do not enter an agreement beyond Three hundred thousand Naira (if possible lower) no matter the pressure on you; do not bargain for what you can not meet.  Then follow this way of income distribution as above.

NB:
(*) --- This does not mean cost payment for Abuja trip, it depends on your negotiating power. You can bargain for more especially at the peak period, but it can be lower at the rainy season or when the season is off peak.
(**) --- The cost of diesel varies and the litre consume depend on the type of truck and its level especially the state of the injector.
(***) --- The allowance is given to them in order to encourage them go as many trips as possible, because profit depends on the number of turn out. Another method you can use is to place them on 10% of the trip charges and you only give them any amount as salary at the end of the month.
(****) --- This allowance too is given to the driver so that he would not tamper with diesel money, because if he refuses to buy fuel it will quickly affect the injector and worn out the engine.
(*****) --- Salary is given so that at the end of the month, the driver/conductor still have something to take home, because they would squander their allowance while travelling.
(******) --- The cost of servicing depends on the truck and its condition of the engine with the availability of the servicing part.
This analysis is for inter state business of flatbed truck

ANALYSIS AND DISTRIBUTION INCOME AND EXPENDITURE (LOCAL)
For a trip to Ikeja as example,
The trucker is paid*                                                          N60,000.00
EXPENDITURE: Less
The running of the trip has a cost of fuel (75 x N160) ** = N12,000.00
Driver/conductor Allowance *** =                 N8,000.00
Unforeseen contingency Allowance**** =         N2,000.00                          N22,000.00
Therefore the projected profit per trip is                                          N38,000.00

Mathematically,
N38,000 per trip (At least three(3) trips per 2 weeks)
N38,000 x 3 x 4 =                                                                           N456,000.00
Less: Driver Salary ***** =         N20,000.00
                Conductor Salary =                 N6,000.00
******Servicing (Depending on the vehicle) = N30,000 .00                                           N56,000.00
[b]Expected monthly income =                                                           N400,000.00[/b]

How to distribute the expected income
If you are an investor and manager at the same time, keep two hundred and twenty thousand naira (N220,000.00) for your investment, Eighty thousand naira(N80,000.00) for your self, One Hundred thousand Naira(N100,000.00)  for the jobless period and Sixty Thousand Naira(N50,000.00)  for the truck in case of any unforeseen problem
Investor                N220,000.00
Manager                N80,000.00
Jobless period        N50,000.00
Unforeseen Problem        N 50,000.00 N400,000.00

NB:
(*) --- This does not mean cost payment for Abuja trip, it depends on your negotiating power. You can bargain for more especially at the peak period, but it can be lower at the rainy season or when the season is off peak.
(**) --- The cost of diesel varies and the litre consume depend on the type of truck and its level especially the state of the injector.
(***) --- The allowance is given to them in order to encourage them go as many trips as possible, because profit depends on the number of turn out. Another method you can use is to place them on 10% of the trip charges and you only give them any amount as salary at the end of the month.
(****) --- This allowance too is given to the driver so that he would not tamper with diesel money, because if he refuses to buy fuel it will quickly affect the injector and worn out the engine.
(*****) --- Salary is given so that at the end of the month, the driver/conductor still have something to take home, because they would squander their allowance while travelling.
(******) --- The cost of servicing depends on the truck and its condition of the engine with the availability of the servicing part.
This analysis is for inter state business of flatbed truck

But if you are just a manager, do not enter an agreement beyond Two hundred and twenty thousand Naira (if possible lower) no matter the pressure on you; do not bargain for what you can not meet.  Then follow this way of income distribution as above.

[center]
What else you need to take note of is the number of job you get per week in a month, determine your profit.  So you must strife hard to be getting jobs OFTEN.
[/center]

[center]BE WARN THAT THE ANALYSIS ABOVE IS NOT AUTHOMATIC, THERE ARE OTHER CONTRIBUTING FACTORS THAT WE WILL DISCUSS LATER[/center]

After this, the next we shall be talking about is Income Generation, that is how to get job in order to actualize the calculated Income.

For more info send your email to: haulagino@gmail.com or 08121711644
Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by gracelandschool: 2:40am On Jan 12, 2013
Hello Naira landers out there. You guys doing a fantastic work. I am into haulage: am looking for trucks to lease. Do you have iveco or daf trucks for lease? Call me on 08035487800. Thanks. Omobolaji Trinity quarry Abeokuta. Ogun state. Expecting your calls
Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by gracelandschool: 2:43am On Jan 12, 2013
Jumzzy28:

my husband has a MACK TRUCK to sell,u can reach him on 08037148246
Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by gracelandschool: 2:46am On Jan 12, 2013
Hello I will get in touch with your husband in the morning. But you dint see where the truck is I mean the location. Am in Abeokuta. Do u have any for lease.
Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by gracelandschool: 2:55am On Jan 12, 2013
Trinity quarry Abeokuta needs trucks for urgent lease. Pls contact me on 08035487800. Thanks
Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by ogeachonwa(m): 9:35pm On Jan 12, 2013
Save your haulage diesel cost and repairs by 40%.
Contact me ogeachonwa1@yahoo.com
07035227214, 07044429327
Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by Jumzzy28: 11:08pm On Jan 12, 2013
gracelandschool: Hello I will get in touch with your husband in the morning. But you dint see where the truck is I mean the location. Am in Abeokuta. Do u have any for lease.

the truck is at Kola
call him for more details
it is a MACK TRUCK
Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by uwish: 6:17pm On Jan 13, 2013
Hello, Compliments of the season. God bless you all in Jesus' name
Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jan 13, 2013
uwish: Hello, Compliments of the season. God bless you all in Jesus' name
amen, where have you been.
Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by uwish: 8:26pm On Jan 13, 2013
@ Blink182, thanks a lot, i ve been up & doing
Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jan 13, 2013
uwish: @ Blink182, thanks a lot, i ve been up & doing
thank God.
Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by wayup: 11:09am On Jan 14, 2013
This post has been hidden
Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by uwish: 3:10pm On Jan 15, 2013
@wayup, like what & what else do you want me to talk on. Anybody can suggest
Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by megainvest: 8:47pm On Jan 15, 2013
Uwish, thanks for your insightful posts. Please can you tell us more about the down side of haulage business? What are the bitter experiences people have in this business? We have been hearing so many rosy stories about how we can make lots of money in haulage but little about the disadvantages. How can one protect himself / herself against bad managers. How can you assure me that if i give you a truck today, I will not get stories of "the truck broke down this week" etc?

We asked this question on this thread but there was no answer: https://www.nairaland.com/1050729/share-bitter-experience-haulage-companies

Thanks
Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by uwish: 12:57am On Jan 17, 2013
@megainvest, I just entered & saw ur posting. By God's grace from tomorrow I will be answering them.
Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by uwish: 6:20pm On Jan 17, 2013
@ megainvest

As i promised, one of the disadvantages(down side) of haulage business is the problem of Manager which I think I have shed a little light in my previous posts. hence most of the problem with manager is the fault of the investor especially in taking some important steps such as:
CONDITION OF VEHICLE: Most investors would buy a truck they don't know the condition of the engine probably because it is cheap. Let the manager to be go with you and his mechanic to certify the truck so that there would be no excuse and if you are buying from abroad let it be certified with proof for the manager in this case I as a person will put the truck under test of use for a month before signing any agreement. Then i do not accept nigeria used truck but I can be getting job for the owner on commission

RIGHT TRUCK[/b: You need to buy the right vehicle for the kind of haulage you want to do: Flatbed, container body, dump, etc. You need to know the tonnage, the brand etc.

[b]RELATIONSHIP DEFINE
: From the beginning make sure the relationship is well defined. In the thread you refer to, the investor start the business on friendship, hence his friend would not be serious. Once you give your business to your relation, the business cannot last.

LEGALITY OF RELATIONSHIP: There must be a deed of agreement that would be signed by the manager and his guarantor before your lawyer and let him know the implication of default.

AGREED MONTHLY RETURNS:This is where the problem lies, most investors take haulage to be a jackpot where there investment must yield profit within the shortest possible time forgetting that haulage is like other businesses that need to be planted, nurtured,germinate, ripe before harvest but because of greed(am sorry but it is the truth)and anxiety they listen to "419" manager who wants to hoodwink them by promising high but unrealistic returns monthly. How will somebody promise N400k monthly, where is the job?

MAP OUT PLAN: The above point lead us to how will manager realize the monthly return. Let him tell you how trip do the vehicle goes, how much he gets weekly, monthly, then the distribution of the income. For example, if a flatbed truck of 30tons loads Abuja and takes off on Monday @N240K/N250K, it will not be back until Thursday/Friday (depending on how it is quickly off loaded at the delivery point). The whole is gone my brother. The cash balance after the trip can not be more than N100K, then will the manager not take anything for himself, will the truck not develop fault, will the driver not rest throughout months, then how possible is the promised N400k per month (let us be realistic)----- check my analysis of income generation and distribution (NB: It is 100% perfect)

MONITORING: If you could have spent millions of naira to invest do not mind spending thousand of naira to secure it through tracker, even if the manager is truthful.

OFF PEAK: Know that like other businesses, there is off-peak period, the more reason you need tracker

This is not to exonerate erring manager but the caution, investors need to take not to fall victim. Read my other post very well

Megainvest, if you are interested in giving truck to my company, contact me as below,

For more info contact me thru: haulagino@gmail.com or on 08132820002

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by megainvest: 11:29pm On Jan 17, 2013
Thanks for taking out time to explain. I will surely contact you when I am ready.
Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by uwish: 8:54am On Jan 18, 2013
Alright megainvest, I will be expecting your contact soon. Thanks
Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by sharpboyus(m): 8:59pm On Jan 18, 2013

Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by onoc: 10:12am On Jan 23, 2013
DH Logistics Limited currently require the following for immediate lease:

- 30ton covered(boxed) body trailers - for interstate transport of juices (from lagos to abuja, aba, jos, kano, kaduna, PH, onitsha, enugu)...terms and conditions very attractive.

- 20 - 30t tippers for hauling sand from abeokuta to ibafo. business is guaranteed for a long term (minimum 6 mths) and a smart driver can run twice daily.

all trucks must be in good condition and only from serious, truck owners/managers(no offence)

Interested parties should pls contact me urgently on gistme15@yahoo.com or 08099813003.

thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Links To Haulage Threads / Equipment Leasing / Renting (construction) / Quality Nigerian Made Kitchen And Bakery Equipment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.