Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,746 members, 7,802,280 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:54 AM

Who Owns Christmas? Jesus Christ Or Santa Claus? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Owns Christmas? Jesus Christ Or Santa Claus? (1644 Views)

Muslim Dressed As 'Santa Claus' In Sokoto Praying (photo) / What Is More Important, The Death Of Christ Or His Resurrection? / Question: Who Owns The rooster That Crowed After Peter Denied Jesus? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Owns Christmas? Jesus Christ Or Santa Claus? by Orikinla(m): 7:06pm On Dec 24, 2011
This is not a new debate, but it keeps coming up at every Christmas and we have to keep on reminding ourselves of the one and only reason for this season.

Who owns Christmas? Jesus Christ or Santa Claus?
This is the thought-;provoking subject of David Frum's article on the Huffington Post: Santa vs. Jesus and it is one of the most engaging articles on the debate of how the "religion" of Santa Claus is misappropriating the religion of Christianity for which Christmas is being celebrated in commemoration of the birth of the founder Jesus Christ our Lord and Messiah.

This is really How the Grinch Stole Christmas!

Of course How the Grinch Stole Christmas! is an allegory of how Santa Claus has stolen the birthday of Jesus Christ written by Dr. Seuss on the commercialization of Christmas and satirizes those who profit from exploiting the holiday.

As we speak, Santa Claus has just left the North Pole for his Christmas Eve journey around the world, his reindeer-powered sleigh loaded with gifts for boys and girls. ,

As much we should appreciate the goodwill and love in the sharing and exchange of Christmas gifts and greetings, we must stop the abuse and misuse of the Christian festival by greedy capitalists and legions of hypocrites whose idolatry is the antithesis of the charity of Jesus Christ.

[i]
~ By Ekenyerengozi Michael Chima, aka Orikinla Osinach[/i]i.

Re: Who Owns Christmas? Jesus Christ Or Santa Claus? by alfablondy: 7:27pm On Dec 24, 2011
Santa: Yes it is too much to ask. Christians remember and celebrate you Jesus everyday, they only remember me during the Christmas I cant leave that for you! grin grin grin
Re: Who Owns Christmas? Jesus Christ Or Santa Claus? by Orikinla(m): 7:40pm On Dec 24, 2011
The fact is Christmas is centuries older than the first Father Christmas or Santa Claus.

(1) (Reply)

Christian Lies About Satan / What Was The Official Church's Position On Slave Trade While It Was Happening? / Photo Of An Angel Captured In Thailand.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.