Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,405 members, 7,808,446 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:02 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1017) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1616740 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1014) (1015) (1016) (1017) (1018) (1019) (1020) ... (2199) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 10:24am On Jul 20, 2018
aliondo:
Melo traded for Schroeder.....hmmmmm

To be honest,i didnt watch much of Schroeder last season,so i cant really analyse this trade....Guys in the house,you can help out...
They got someone valuable for a trash like Melo. He doesn't change anything for OKC except being a great backup for Russ and a playmaker off the bench. He doesn't space the floor but he's decent.
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 11:38am On Jul 20, 2018
aliondo:
Melo traded for Schroeder.....hmmmmm

To be honest,i didnt watch much of Schroeder last season,so i cant really analyse this trade....Guys in the house,you can help out...

There's nothing to analyse

OKC had to offload $100 million in luxury tax for a supposed franchise player that was underwhelming. Win win situation

Adding Schroeder as the leader of the 2nd unit isn't the headline of the trade
Re: The NBA Begins by HouseOfWine: 5:43pm On Jul 20, 2018
Melo should just get over to Southwest Texas, he did be much appreciated there plus his best chance for a ring.
If he wants to be Dwade's teammate then thats his loss..

Also guys i have my top 5 list of current ballers that i think deserve a ring (thanks GS for seriously hugging these rings!!!) b4 they phase out, they have to be 25yrs up mines:

Harden, Westbrook, CP3, Lillard & Unibrow (Davis)... Wanna put Cousins but i think we all know whats going to happen lol right¿

Who are your top 5?
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 6:29pm On Jul 20, 2018
HouseOfWine:
Melo should just get over to Southwest Texas, he did be much appreciated there plus his best chance for a ring.
If he wants to be Dwade's teammate then thats his loss..

Also guys i have my top 5 list of current ballers that i think deserve a ring (thanks GS for seriously hugging these rings!!!) b4 they phase out, they have to be 25yrs up mines:

Harden, Westbrook, CP3, Lillard & Unibrow (Davis)... Wanna put Cousins but i think we all know whats going to happen lol right¿

Who are your top 5?

Same with my list... wink
Re: The NBA Begins by HouseOfWine: 7:10pm On Jul 20, 2018
aliondo:

Same with my list... wink

So many super talents lost on teams not trying at all to improve.

The bar GS has set is so high, if I was a GM i did either lose lottery picks n squad size to get superstars or close to super star mode or just tank and build through the draft but that's a risk that is 50/50..

Also i was arguing this with my friend the other day... Centers are really losing their value, the way NBA is trending, Power Forwards would soon be playing there cos of their mobility and shooting range (stretch 4) and last last starting centers would be mainly for team below the top 8/10..

My question is If U had the chance to sign Capela/Gobert or Griffin/Green Which player would U pick considering ur only center is a mediocre one?
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 7:21pm On Jul 20, 2018
@A40,

Can M. Cuban and your Mavs just stop already? How on earth would you offer Y. Ferrell 2/$5.2 million? Dude was like one of your best players last year. I am happy he has backed out from the deal. I think he will get better somewhere else.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:54am On Jul 23, 2018
Just watch how melo z gunno turn up in Houston.OKC have a liability in which is Westbrook. Thatz y he ain't Neva gonna get a ring,he be selfish and rash doesnt make those around him better.With PG and melo he ain't even got past d first round loosing to a rookie. undecided
Melo betta head up to Htown
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 3:43pm On Jul 23, 2018
rotimi9:
Just watch how melo z gunno turn up in Houston.OKC have a liability in which is Westbrook. Thatz y he ain't Neva gonna get a ring,he be selfish and rash doesnt make those around him better.With PG and melo he ain't even got past d first round loosing to a rookie. undecided
Melo betta head up to Htown

Why do i have a feeling Melo will do well in Houston??hmmmm....

If that happens,then i will conclude strongly that Westbrook is indeed the problem....
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 4:05pm On Jul 23, 2018
aliondo:

Why do i have a feeling Melo will do well in Houston??hmmmm....

If that happens,then i will conclude strongly that Westbrook is indeed the problem....
Melo chi too strong.
Him own no dey sleep at all.
Am already trying and seriously failing to stop myself from thinking the exact same thing.
Experience as shown us otherwise but sometimes we can help ourselves. He may still even squeeze some cash out of this league come new contract time.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:47pm On Jul 24, 2018
Just like I predicted a month ago, the Cavs are going to build around Kevin Love. Kevin Love has signed a 4 year contract extension with the Cavs.
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24182860/kevin-love-signs-4-year-120m-extension-cleveland-cavaliers

Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 6:52pm On Jul 24, 2018
Roland17:
Just like I predicted a month ago, the Cavs are going to build around Kevin Love. Kevin Love has signed a 4 year contract extension with the Cavs.
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24182860/kevin-love-signs-4-year-120m-extension-cleveland-cavaliers
Get that money and also get stats to become a first ballot HOF.

A Legend. I stan
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:29am On Jul 28, 2018
I am watching the TBT tournament and I am left wondering how Jimmer Fredette is playing in China and not the NBA!!
Re: The NBA Begins by Maticja: 5:55am On Jul 28, 2018
FANTASY PREMIER LEAGUE FOR THE 2018/2019 SEASON.
THE LEAGUE STARTS FROM GW1 TO GW38 WITH MONEY UP FOR GRABS EVERY GAME WEEK. ALL FPL MANAGERS ARE TO PAY A SUM OF ONE THOUSAND NAIRA (#1000) TO PARTICIPATE IN THE LEAGUE. THE AMOUT TO BE GAINED EVERY GAME WEEK WOULD BE DECIDED BASED ON THE AMOUNT OF PLAYERS IN THE LEAGUE.

https:///7Sd7dAOU2QI7osnBiQd5Nu
Re: The NBA Begins by Maticja: 2:20pm On Jul 28, 2018
WITH THE ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE DRAWING CLOSER

FANTASY PREMIER LEAGUE FOR THE 2018/2019 SEASON.
THE LEAGUE STARTS FROM GW1 TO GW38 WITH MONEY UP FOR GRABS EVERY GAME WEEK. ALL FPL MANAGERS ARE TO PAY A SUM OF (#500) TO PARTICIPATE IN THE LEAGUE. THE AMOUT TO BE GAINED EVERY GAME WEEK WOULD BE DECIDED BASED ON THE AMOUNT OF PLAYERS IN THE LEAGUE.

We have made this even more exciting by adding cash prizes for weekly, monthly and End of Season winners:

The End of Season Champion (Top of the Table), will walk home with N500,000 in prize money while the 1st runner up wins N300,000 and the 2nd runner up takes N200,000.

Monthly Table Toppers get N10,000, 1st runner up wins N7,000 and 2nd runner up wins N5,000.

Weekly Champions get N5,000, 1st runner up wins N3,000 and 2nd runner up wins N2,000.

https:///4lrQOXCTJ0U1w7SpFr7wji
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 8:37am On Aug 01, 2018
Gotta respect the King smiley smiley wink

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by HouseOfWine: 10:39pm On Aug 03, 2018
aliondo:

Why do i have a feeling Melo will do v.well in Houston??hmmmm....

Honestly if I was an NBA player, I wouldn't want to get traded to OKC cos of WB

WB is a Ring Material, no doubt but he is too stats selfish...

Am sorry but its the honest truth, I was even surprised PG13 decided to re-sign with OKC considering he is a Calif Native
Re: The NBA Begins by HouseOfWine: 10:42pm On Aug 03, 2018
Watching Kwese...

grin

Re: The NBA Begins by TheOlani: 6:35pm On Aug 05, 2018
Is Victor Oladipo of Nigerian descent?
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 8:27pm On Aug 05, 2018
TheOlani:
Is Victor Oladipo of Nigerian descent?
Yes.. A strong one in fact.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by HouseOfWine: 8:52pm On Aug 05, 2018
TheOlani:
Is :PVictor Oladipo of Nigerian descent?

Cmon na, its Obvious..

Who can mention 5 current nigerians by heritage in the NBA that dont play for NBF?

My Numero Uno.....Greek Freak !!!

Deux... Og Anunoby

...eh complete the list na cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 9:40pm On Aug 05, 2018
HouseOfWine:

Cmon na, its Obvious..

Who can mention 5 current nigerians by heritage in the NBA that dont play for NBF?

My Numero Uno.....Greek Freak !!!

Deux... Og Anunoby

...eh complete the list na cheesy

What of Aminu in Portland??I think he is Nigerian too
Re: The NBA Begins by HouseOfWine: 10:11pm On Aug 05, 2018
aliondo:

What of Aminu in Portland??I think he is Nigerian too

Plays for the Nigerian basketball team, doesnt count..mention those that have 9ja heritage but dont play for 9ja

Alright.. My number 3 is my fave granny free-thrower on Polk street...Chinanu Onuaku..

U dig, there's still more, what U got?
Re: The NBA Begins by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 12:15pm On Aug 06, 2018
HouseOfWine:

Plays for the Nigerian basketball team, doesnt count..mention those that have 9ja heritage but dont play for 9ja

Alright.. My number 3 is my fave granny free-thrower on Polk street...Chinanu Onuaku..

U dig, there's still more, what U got?

There's still so many of them... Apart from the ones you mentioned, we still have ;
Andre Iguodala
Festus Ezeli
Jahlil Okafor
Emeka Okafor
Bam Adebayo
Ekpe Udoh
Semi Ojeleye
And more of them.. From their names you would know they have Nigerian roots

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 6:43pm On Aug 07, 2018
Guys!! This is off topic but please which bank make sense for Naija?? Preferably any that can give me a MasterCard..
Re: The NBA Begins by hardeycute(m): 6:51pm On Aug 07, 2018
SmooshCHN:
Guys!! This is off topic but please which bank make sense for Naija?? Preferably any that can give me a MasterCard..
GTBank or FirstBank
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 7:51pm On Aug 07, 2018
SmooshCHN:
send me the money, i can help you to open the account tongue
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 8:09pm On Aug 07, 2018
hardeycute:
GTBank or FirstBank
Ok.. thanks Man.. I'll try both.. That GTBank queue dey fear me embarassed
donlittle25:
send me the money, i can help you to open the account tongue
Awon Omo Shepeteri, Omo Oshosondi done dey list already. Them go open the account for me for free cheesy tongue
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 9:24pm On Aug 07, 2018
SmooshCHN:

Bro..I dont use GT bank but I suggest GT bank for you..will make your transactions easier....
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:09am On Aug 13, 2018
@A40

Bro, I hope you are okay? I have not read from you in a while. Just checking.
Re: The NBA Begins by joephemzyz(m): 2:29am On Aug 13, 2018
Gentlemen.... how una dey? grin

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 8:30am On Aug 13, 2018
joephemzyz:
Gentlemen.... how una dey? grin
Oga Joe, not the Average Joe.. cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1014) (1015) (1016) (1017) (1018) (1019) (1020) ... (2199) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.