Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,581 members, 7,809,108 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:22 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1036) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1617289 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1033) (1034) (1035) (1036) (1037) (1038) (1039) ... (2199) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:43am On Oct 27, 2018
birdman:

It's like some evil spirit has possessed our GM. This deep need to pickup up "statistically efficient" players will get us in trouble.
Morey has always been about the numbers. Always. It's his niche
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:49am On Oct 27, 2018
birdman:

To Morey's defense, we probably get lousy draft picks for the foreseeable future. Which is why I think the wolves won't bite
On the flip side Minnesota would be ret@rded to not take this deal. That's 4 attempts to get a pick right and these picks are also capital for future trades especially if you want to dump bad deals

Butler will not take this team over the hill, he has already made it clear he isn't staying and you traded a young decent guy in Lavine so you've played yourself already. The last thing you want is to lose Butler for nothing. Plus he's mentally checked out so they might as well embrace a rebuild

What I don't know is how Houston plan on making it work financially because I don't know if Butler would be willing to take any kind of paycut for what could be his last big contract

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:51am On Oct 27, 2018
Jeeez that 4th quarter was a bloodbath by Golden State

KD went apeshit

Kawhi really do the Spurs bad thing. I heard he was healthy since February and looking at him play you can almost tell say Baba don well tey tey. What surprises me though is how well they have been able to blend. I didn't see the Raptors playing this well I'd admit but I've never seen Siakam and Ibaka move so quickly and nimbly, even Valanciunas. Probably because the Mavs are a blehh team but from what I was watching and the way Lowry was pinging passes it almost looked like they were playing at warp speed
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:54am On Oct 27, 2018
Roland17:

This is the trade I am waiting for and I have a gut feeling the Celtics will give it a shot, especially considering we have the pieces. I understand some low key moves have already started. Everyone who bleeds green spares thoughts about this possibility.
Who would you move for AD?

I'd give them either:
Brown and Hayward or
Rozier and Hayward or
Smart and Brown
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:58am On Oct 27, 2018
birdman:
I will be shocked if Minny bites on the deal for 4 first round picks. I know KAT is whining but I don't see much benefit in mortgaging a present great team for future low draft picks.

The only way the butler trade happens if KAT refuses to shoot the ball until Butler is gone grin
Butler is not staying, this is not a presently great team
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:35am On Oct 27, 2018
A40:

I'd give them either:
Brown and Hayward or
Rozier and Hayward or
Smart and Brown

Give them Brown, Rozier and 1 first round pick to smoothen their hearts.
Re: The NBA Begins by HouseOfWine: 10:31am On Oct 27, 2018
Roland17:

Baba, your first paragraph is incomplete. I don’t understand the main idea of that paragraph.

That being said, we may be making the same argument. If you read closely you will observe that I said adding Butler makes the Rocker way better than they are now. You are not getting to the western conference with just Harden, Capela, Cp3 and Gordon, not after you lost Ariza and M‘bah Moutte. Where is the depth? You also have to consider teams like the Jazz, Pelicans Nuggets and Spurs would have strong says and have gotten better.

So I am not questioning the addition of Butler and that is why I said the realities of the conference which represents the Warriors and other teams that have gotten better. Truth be told, the Rockets with this current roster can not get to western conference. If they did they will arrive burnt and spent.

You're right my brother, we are more or less saying the same thing.

But i don't agree with this your paragraph >

"You are not getting to the western conference with just Harden, Capela, Cp3 and Gordon, not after you lost Ariza and M‘bah Moutte. Where is the depth? You also have to consider teams like the Jazz, Pelicans Nuggets and Spurs would have strong says and have gotten better"

I did consider those teams anytime anyday to challenge for a WCF spot but is their depth by any means greater than HOU? Has HOU, talent wise also regressed while others got better?

And how did Jazz get better? Which person that can make an impact did they sign this off-season?

Injuries aside without butler, in the playoffs out of these 4 teams U mentioned which has a better starting 5 agst HOU?
Re: The NBA Begins by darkelf: 12:33pm On Oct 27, 2018
OKC might not make the playoffs this year. The spurs might make it but by a hair's breath

Who else agrees with me?
Re: The NBA Begins by darkelf: 12:39pm On Oct 27, 2018
SmooshCHN:
LeBron ruined Cleveland. He ruined the whole city.

SMH.

Let them pick themselves up and start all over.

I thought Tyronn lue said he was a good coach. That man ain't shit. Lebron leaves and suddenly they start taking L's.

Just take a look at the Clippers. No legit all star (at least not yet) but they've come in this season guns blazing....

Mhen, it ain't lebron's fault. Dude gotta forge ahead.
Re: The NBA Begins by darkelf: 12:43pm On Oct 27, 2018
Roland17:

Baba, your first paragraph is incomplete. I don’t understand the main idea of that paragraph.

That being said, we may be making the same argument. If you read closely you will observe that I said adding Butler makes the Rocker way better than they are now. You are not getting to the western conference with just Harden, Capela, Cp3 and Gordon, not after you lost Ariza and M‘bah Moutte. Where is the depth? You also have to consider teams like the Jazz, Pelicans Nuggets and Spurs would have strong says and have gotten better.

So I am not questioning the addition of Butler and that is why I said the realities of the conference which represents the Warriors and other teams that have gotten better. Truth be told, the Rockets with this current roster can not get to western conference. If they did they will arrive burnt and spent.

Those guys are okay bro. Give them to Kerr or Brad Stevens and watch the turn-around.

I don't think the Rockets have any excuse this season.

It's not like the bench of GSW is deep....however, they play together and make each other look like all stars. Look at Jerebko, Bell, Damian Jones et al
Re: The NBA Begins by darkelf: 12:43pm On Oct 27, 2018
Roland17:

It was intentional like you must have guessed. He has no value as far as I am concerned. grin

Not fair bro. cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by darkelf: 12:46pm On Oct 27, 2018
Hardetayour:
They say Steph Curry is a system player. Foolish people.

Steph Curry is the system, everyone wants to shoot like him.

He revolutionalized the NBA.

Steph is the only player that has made 11 3 points in a game for 6 different games.

It doesn't get more unrealistic than this
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 2:28pm On Oct 27, 2018
darkelf:

SMH.

Let them pick themselves up and start all over.

I thought Tyronn lue said he was a good coach. That man ain't shit. Lebron leaves and suddenly they start taking L's.

Just take a look at the Clippers. No legit all star (at least not yet) but they've come in this season guns blazing....

Mhen, it ain't lebron's fault. Dude gotta forge ahead.

Relax man. It's not that serious. I could care less if he joined the Rockets. He's a free agent. Tickets were being resold for $2. Two freaking dollars. I'm talking from a business stand point. That city is in ruins.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 12:43am On Oct 28, 2018
Very good start for the Celtics, we just need to continue with the ball movement and intensity.
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 1:00am On Oct 28, 2018
A40:

I'd give them either:
Brown and Hayward or
Rozier and Hayward or
Smart and Brown
Bro,i think Pelicans will need more than that for A.D?
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 1:12am On Oct 28, 2018
darkelf:
OKC might not make the playoffs this year. The spurs might make it but by a hair's breath

Who else agrees with me?
I disagree grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 1:15am On Oct 28, 2018
A40:
You guys threw this game away
angry angry shocked sad
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 1:17am On Oct 28, 2018
birdman:

Mercy no dey im dictionary. Jus get ready lol
Nobody dey smile oh wink...How far rockets na??Butler not a bad addition tho..but trade wisely
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:20am On Oct 28, 2018
Seems Hayward and Brown have started responding to my criticism
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:21am On Oct 28, 2018
Rondo and Born Ready are balling seriously. This Spurs D though. Smh
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:36am On Oct 28, 2018
Are the Cavs really trying to go 0-82?
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:35am On Oct 28, 2018
DeRozan going blow for blow with LeNomad. This game is epic
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:40am On Oct 28, 2018
A40:
DeRozan going blow for blow with LeNomad. This game is epic

Make I follow watch the final 5 minutes of this game.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:41am On Oct 28, 2018
Since Gay joined the Spurs, I think his individual defense has improved tremendously.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:45am On Oct 28, 2018
Rondo is such an intelligent PG. He reads court movement quicker than most guards that I know.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:51am On Oct 28, 2018
McGee gon McGee. That was straight out the Shaqtin MVP days
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:53am On Oct 28, 2018
DeRozan with no heart drains that shot.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:54am On Oct 28, 2018
DeRozan man. It's all in your head! You can beat LeNomad
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:54am On Oct 28, 2018
A40:

McGee gon McGee. That was straight out the Shaqtin MVP days

grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 3:59am On Oct 28, 2018
No more parties in L.A.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 4:00am On Oct 28, 2018
Roland17:
Rondo is such an intelligent PG. He reads court movement quicker than most guards that I know.
A few moments later. grin
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:06am On Oct 28, 2018
DeRozan 2 LeNomad 0

I like this DeRozan I'm seeing. He needs to keep building and working on his confidence and play with a chip on his shoulder. The disrespect and underrating of him is too much. Part of it self inflicted but the guy can ball.

If you're San Antonio do you contemplate Butler? Maybe try and land him end of season if the Wolves don't play ball

(1) (2) (3) ... (1033) (1034) (1035) (1036) (1037) (1038) (1039) ... (2199) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.