Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,349 members, 7,808,219 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:56 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1047) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1616608 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1044) (1045) (1046) (1047) (1048) (1049) (1050) ... (2199) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 4:00am On Nov 18, 2018
Jimmy Called Game. That block on kemba, getting the rebound, passing the ball to make sure no out of bounds... Then Calling Game!

Lol very obvious why thibodeau tried holding on to him.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:05am On Nov 18, 2018
Luka Doncic. This kid is a gem! This is the first better player they have drafted since Josh Howard back in 03

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 5:24am On Nov 18, 2018
In case anyone was wondering, this will be KDs life in NY for example. Score a lot of points and lose. We suck.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:10am On Nov 18, 2018
@Roland17 Jaylen Brown has completely gone to shyte. This dude is missing layups now
Re: The NBA Begins by Manutd19: 9:18am On Nov 18, 2018
A40:

After 4 or 5 rings you get the feeling a guy like Draymond would want to secure the bag plus would the Warriors be willing to pay Draymond such a contract till he is 35 is another question

Is Kerr not overrated?
Re: The NBA Begins by Manutd19: 9:21am On Nov 18, 2018
Eruditor:
In case anyone was wondering, this will be KDs life in NY for example. Score a lot of points and lose. We suck.

And you think he won't have players around him?
Or better coach?

Why is Kerr not bn criticized like other coaches like D Antoni?

Kerr is overrated.
Warriors should not be struggling this much losing just one of your infinity stone. It happens way too often.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 7:27pm On Nov 18, 2018
Infinity stone? lol

we all know kerr is not the true warriors coach, he is more like a supervisor. the real identity of warriors is Curry, and it was mark jackson that molded Curry into what he has become. Even Luke Walton can coach warriors to a ring...there is nothing Kerr is doing that is special. Draymond would not try this ish if Mark Jackson was still coach.

Everybody is talking Draymond this and that...look, come playoff time, there are forwards that can hold him down, bruise him sef. The primary threat that distorts the defense is still Curry. Every other talent on that team is replaceable. Except Curry.

Which is why I am not concerned about these Warrior losses. The real heart and leader of the team jus dey lay low for now.

4 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 9:34pm On Nov 18, 2018
The Warriors are like an engine and every piece is needed. Iggy is useless through the regular season but shows up in playoffs, Draymond doesn't deserve max with how he plays on offense but the Warriors will be feasted upon without his toughness and I can confirm he holds every big down during the playoffs not the other way round.

Everybody who isn't on the Warriors side always talk as if Mark Jackson was Pop's second coming. Dude had his time with his stubbornness and horrendous offense.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 11:34pm On Nov 18, 2018
Manutd19:

And you think he won't have players around him?
Or better coach?

Why is Kerr not bn criticized like other coaches like D Antoni?

Kerr is overrated.
Warriors should not be struggling this much losing just one of your infinity stone. It happens way too often.

Last season, with Curry out after the all-stars, we went 5-1 against largely Playoff contenders including beating Cavs, Bucks, OKC both on their ground. Kerr was not overrated then. When it was then clear that we could not catch Houston, we dropped games towards the end even losing by 40pts to Jazz. We saw roaches come here to spew thrash without considering the team was coasting. Fast-forward into the main playoffs we were 5-1 between Spurs and Pelicans before Curry played. I did not see you ask if Kerr could coach. Billy Donovan at that same time was losing to Utah Jazz.

Golden boy Brad Stevens, how is he faring? Let me put this season aside, Brad beat Raptors with his feeder team and got blown out by the same Raptors when his starters played. Where was your post questioning his coaching? I have more stats on Brad losing with his starters but he is not the widely regarded best coach so let me settle for the best coach.

Greg Pop won 20 games out of 82 without Tim Duncan. In fact, over the course of his coaching career, Great Pop is sub 500 without Timmy. You know what that means? It means Pop has lost more than half of the games he coached when Tim Duncan did not play. So why is Pop a great coach and Kerr overrated?

When you have answers for my questions, I will bring stats to expose all the "HOF coaches" in the NBA so we would see if Kerr is not the best coach in the NBA statistically.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 11:36pm On Nov 18, 2018
SmooshCHN:
The Warriors are like an engine and every piece is needed. Iggy is useless through the regular season but shows up in playoffs, Draymond doesn't deserve max with how he plays on offense but the Warriors will be feasted upon without his toughness and I can confirm he holds every big down during the playoffs not the other way round.

Everybody who isn't on the Warriors side always talk as if Mark Jackson was Pop's second coming. Dude had his time with his stubbornness and horrendous offense.

Bro, no fear, I got this. Make I see one post talking about Kerr so I will go to my archives and expose their HOF coaches.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 12:43am On Nov 19, 2018
location no really allow me follow NBA and football too sef like that am looking forward to the bants though.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nostradamus: 7:16am On Nov 19, 2018
Lebron explode against miami.51 points. coolwtf is going on in the dub nation?
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 7:19am On Nov 19, 2018
Nostradamus:
Lebron explode against miami.51 points. coolwtf is going on in the dub nation?

Our 3pt shooting has gone to shit since Curry went out. Coupled with bad shooting from Klay and KD..the whole Draymond issue and injuries...Texas was a horror show for us. But still we rise...#NoMayaAngelou
Re: The NBA Begins by Nostradamus: 8:10am On Nov 19, 2018
Hey guys,let's make a preview of the following games and predict the winners(let's make it fun)

Charlotte Hornets vs Boston Celtics

Philadelphia 76ers vs Phoenix Suns

Detroit Pistons vs Cleveland Cavaliers

Atlanta Hawks vs los Angeles Clippers

New Orleans Pelicans vs San Antonio Spurs

Memphis Grizzlies vs Dallas Mavericks

Milwaukee Bucks vs Denver Nuggets

Cc
Eruditor
A40
Houseofwine
SIRcumalot
Smooshchn
Manutd19
Donlittle25
Rowland17
Aliondo
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 2:26pm On Nov 19, 2018
Concerning the current challenges ongoing with the Dubs,i think i agree with SmooshCHN that all the players have their different roles to play.
Iggy could be scrubs during the regular season but he is a vital piece come playoffs. Klay on the other hand could be inconsistent but when he shows up,he is difficult to guard. Durant of course is key with both stellar defense and offense plays. Draymond brings his doggedness and offers moral support to the team. For Curry,what more can i say??Arguably the most valuable player in the team. The bench is also not left out which i feel was one of the ingredients in the Dubs first Championship ring.

As for Kerr,i dont think he is overrated but i will pick Brad Stevens over him...
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 3:04pm On Nov 19, 2018
Nostradamus:
Hey guys,let's make a preview of the following games and predict the winners(let's make it fun)

Cc
Eruditor
A40
Houseofwine
SIRcumalot
Smooshchn
Manutd19
Donlittle25
Rowland17
Aliondo

Lol...I'm not good with predictions but i will try cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

Boston Celtics

Philadelphia Sixers

Detroit Pistons

Los Angeles Clippers

New Orleans Pelicans

Dallas Mavericks

Milwaukee Bucks
Re: The NBA Begins by Nostradamus: 3:17pm On Nov 19, 2018
aliondo:

Lol...I'm not good with predictions but i will try cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

Boston Celtics

Philadelphia Sixers

Detroit Pistons

Los Angeles Clippers

New Orleans Pelicans

Dallas Mavericks

Milwaukee Bucks
hmmm!!!you really feel mavs will beat grizzlies??what about indiana pacers vs utah jazz?
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 3:33pm On Nov 19, 2018
Nostradamus:
hmmm!!!you really feel mavs will beat grizzlies??what about indiana pacers vs utah jazz?
Mavs be like banana peel oh grin grin grin....

For Indiana and Utah,I give Utah the win...
Re: The NBA Begins by freenfllive: 7:48pm On Nov 19, 2018
MLB Live Stream @ https://livemlbonline.com
NASCAR Live Stream @ https://nascarliveracing.com
NCAA Basketball Live Stream @ https://ncaabasketballonline.com
NCAA Football Live Stream @ https://ncaafootball365.com
NFL Live Stream @ https://freenfl.live
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 8:16pm On Nov 19, 2018
Nostradamus:

Boston lost their last game so I expect them to bounce back. If they are home, even more so. Charlotte are good home but despite Walker's heroics the other day they still lost. They will lose.

76ers will beat Phoenix.
Detroit will beat the Cavs.
Clippers will beat the Hawks.
NOP will beat SAS IF THEY ARE HOME. If away, SAS have a slight edge.
Memphis will beat Dallas. They are in good form at the moment.
Close one between Bucks and Nuggets. Home team wins here. Whichever is home.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 8:50pm On Nov 19, 2018
aliondo:
Concerning the current challenges ongoing with the Dubs,i think i agree with SmooshCHN that all the players have their different roles to play.
Iggy could be scrubs during the regular season but he is a vital piece come playoffs. Klay on the other hand could be inconsistent but when he shows up,he is difficult to guard. Durant of course is key with both stellar defense and offense plays. Draymond brings his doggedness and offers moral support to the team. For Curry,what more can i say??Arguably the most valuable player in the team. The bench is also not left out which i feel was one of the ingredients in the Dubs first Championship ring.

As for Kerr,i dont think he is overrated but i will pick Brad Stevens over him...

We don't have a good bench. We have not had one since we got KD. That was our price for getting him. Which is why injuries to key starters can tilt our team easily. Imagine if we did not have KD, but had Dennis Schroeder and some midlevel center. We could eke out wins another way (which we did 2014/15 and 15/16).

Look at the crop of players we use when our starters sit. McKinnie, Jones, Cook and so on. I am saying and so on because I would use Google to have to reel out the other names.

No matter what kind of coach you are, when you have a generational talent like Curry, Jordan, Bird, Shaq, Duncan, Lebron etc. You must build the team to exploit their strength. And when they are out especially unexpectedly, you will struggle. It is that simple.

Kyrie is the best player for the Celts. But he is not a generational talent. Not that he is not a top 20 NBA player today but his skillsets are not so particularly unique to him that can make a world of difference if he was out -consistently. Just like Russell or Harden or Kawhi even though all 3 are top 10 players as well.

Now go back and look at every coach that is worshipped today. Pop, Phil (top tier), Carlisle, Spoelstra (2nd tier). NCAA coaches like Coach K nko? Whenever he did not have the Grant Hills, Laettners, Zion and Barrets of this world, Duke won nothing and got beaten. Why don't people claim they are not great coaches? Because of narrative.

On this thread people have said Kyrie is better than Curry. Kawhi better than KD. PG better than Klay. Draymond offensive liability. Fine. If all these players are not fantastic why then does the coach who uses them to win still remain overrated?

One narrative was that we were a jump shooting team. Charles Barkley said jump shooting teams don't win rings. Kerr won. They said because Love and Kyrie got hurt. We went 73-9 they said it is because of shooting only 3s and used it to explain why we lost to Cavs. We were 3rd best shooting team when KD came. He got injured they said our season was over. Kerr took us to 67-15 after KD was hurt.

So what will make Kerr good? Phil coached NY Knicks. Got fired. Pat Riley coached teams without Magic and Kareem and won nothing till he got Shaq. So why are they great and Kerr overrated?

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 8:58pm On Nov 19, 2018
Eruditor:

So what will make Kerr good? Phil coached NY Knicks. Got fired. Pat Riley coached teams without Magic and Kareem and won nothing till he got Shaq. So why are they great and Kerr overrated?
Kerr has 4 and half all stars (2 and half when it's NBA All star week) and can't win 4 games in a row.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 9:20pm On Nov 19, 2018
Eruditor:

We don't have a good bench. We have not had one since we got KD. That was our price for getting him. Which is why injuries to key starters can tilt our team easily. Imagine if we did not have KD, but had Dennis Schroeder and some midlevel center. We could eke out wins another way (which we did 2014/15 and 15/16).

Look at the crop of players we use when our starters sit. McKinnie, Jones, Cook and so on. I am saying and so on because I would use Google to have to reel out the other names.

No matter what kind of coach you are, when you have a generational talent like Curry, Jordan, Bird, Shaq, Duncan, Lebron etc. You must build the team to exploit their strength. And when they are out especially unexpectedly, you will struggle. It is that simple.

Kyrie is the best player for the Celts. But he is not a generational talent. Not that he is not a top 20 NBA player today but his skillsets are not so particularly unique to him that can make a world of difference if he was out -consistently. Just like Russell or Harden or Kawhi even though all 3 are top 10 players as well.

Now go back and look at every coach that is worshipped today. Pop, Phil (top tier), Carlisle, Spoelstra (2nd tier). NCAA coaches like Coach K nko? Whenever he did not have the Grant Hills, Laettners, Zion and Barrets of this world, Duke won nothing and got beaten. Why don't people claim they are not great coaches? Because of narrative.

On this thread people have said Kyrie is better than Curry. Kawhi better than KD. PG better than Klay. Draymond offensive liability. Fine. If all these players are not fantastic why then does the coach who uses them to win still remain overrated?

One narrative was that we were a jump shooting team. Charles Barkley said jump shooting teams don't win rings. Kerr won. They said because Love and Kyrie got hurt. We went 73-9 they said it is because of shooting only 3s and used it to explain why we lost to Cavs. We were 3rd best shooting team when KD came. He got injured they said our season was over. Kerr took us to 67-15 after KD was hurt.

I didnt say you have a good bench tho..Was just rolling out the importance of a bench in winning a ring just as when you guys won your first ring...

I felt Kyrie was missed later tho during the playoffs especially against the Cavs.

Nice points for Kerr tho. Like i said,he is not overrated. But i am just looking at the NBA Coaches of the year awards list. What i don't understand is why some of these coaches did not win the NBA Coach of the year award every year if they were too great. I don't really think its by winning multiple championships,if not someone like Phil Jackson would have won the award like 5 times or more. I feel the whole performance of the team in the full regular season is largely considered.

I picked Brad tho because before Kyrie got injured,he was very instrumental and influential in Celtic's success during the regular season. To be honest, i thought Boston was done when he was injured but stellar performances from the team especially Rozier really surprised me. Brad's prints were largely shown on the team. Anyone could attest to that.
Re: The NBA Begins by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 9:54pm On Nov 19, 2018
[quote author=Eruditor post=73122302]

That's the problem with GSW.. The bench is so poor and its a letdown because other teams have their bench putting in a good fight before the starters get back on the floor, but for GS it's not even close. Once one of Klay or KD goes out to rest (now that Curry is injured), you just see it that the L is coming. Bench is too poor.

I'm happy things are going the way are now, at least make KD understand say he need GS and not the other way round. Besides KD has not been playing at his best.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nostradamus: 1:39am On Nov 20, 2018
Indiana pacers ooo
Re: The NBA Begins by Nostradamus: 1:42am On Nov 20, 2018
Re: The NBA Begins by Nostradamus: 3:03am On Nov 20, 2018
Boston why did you blow the lead you have in the 4th quarter?
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 3:23am On Nov 20, 2018
LOL

The one way off me an the Hawks vs Clippers. Chai.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 3:24am On Nov 20, 2018
KNIGHTBlaed,

We are dysfunctional at the moment but that is because we are a playoff built team.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 3:40am On Nov 20, 2018
aliondo:

I didnt say you have a good bench tho..Was just rolling out the importance of a bench in winning a ring just as when you guys won your first ring...

I felt Kyrie was missed later tho during the playoffs especially against the Cavs.

Nice points for Kerr tho. Like i said,he is not overrated. But i am just looking at the NBA Coaches of the year awards list. What i don't understand is why some of these coaches did not win the NBA Coach of the year award every year if they were too great. I don't really think its by winning multiple championships,if not someone like Phil Jackson would have won the award like 5 times or more. I feel the whole performance of the team in the full regular season is largely considered.

I picked Brad tho because before Kyrie got injured,he was very instrumental and influential in Celtic's success during the regular season. To be honest, i thought Boston was done when he was injured but stellar performances from the team especially Rozier really surprised me. Brad's prints were largely shown on the team. Anyone could attest to that.

Coach of the year that Brad did not get 1 vote for or another one? Why did the other coaches not vote him if they saw what he achieved with injuries?

Shebi Jordan is the goat? Why was he not winning rings before Phil? My argument is that you cannot separate great coaches from great players - they usually co-exist. A coach will not be average simply because he has good players. That type of analysis is fraudulent.

I don't get swayed by max populism. I look at things directly and judge with the eye test as well as the facts. How many times do GSW go on a run after timeouts? You can check. Kerr was supervising then? Why did we become a 3rd quarter juggernaut? You think players just decide on their own to play well? If so, why won't they do it all the time?

I am even talking from an all time context. Like Dennis Rodman said, I can't bring Brad Stevens into a conversation with Kerr until he wins 3 rings I'm sorry.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nostradamus: 7:58am On Nov 20, 2018
Boston,oklahoma.both teams blew up my ticket,chai e pain me.i don dey dream bout the winnings cry cry
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 8:58am On Nov 20, 2018
You still play straight wins on NBA bets?? Pick 3 teams and play over and under. It's quite predictable. In fact, just keep your money in your pocket grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (1044) (1045) (1046) (1047) (1048) (1049) (1050) ... (2199) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.